Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card (12891 Views)

Double Nomination: Supreme Court Decision, A Setback For Democracy - Atiku / Court Orders INEC To Allow 2 Nigerians Vote With Temporary Voters Card / How To Check Voters Registration Status Without Temporary Voters Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by MuslimMuslim: 7:42am On Mar 10, 2023
Lifestone:

And how do they tie the Vin to the voters without Biometrics?
Biometrics were captured during registration
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by WhisperedNoise: 7:46am On Mar 10, 2023
haybhi1:
Dear LP, a shabby party that rides on propaganda and playing religious card, coming out third and couldn't generate necessary 24 states, yet devoid of everything factual or genuine, please make efforts to go to court to defend your case.

Dear PDP, lol, a party that found Atiku, chronic privateer and capitalist, who was rumoured to own Mikano generator plant, worthy enough to sail the ship, please go to court.

You two are becoming a distraction to President-elect Tinubu. LMS (Last Man Standing) needs ample time to drive the country forward.
Why must you lot always drag LP into your comments?
Face your "president elect" alone na and allow LP do their court proceedings with peace.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Solocoin: 7:47am On Mar 10, 2023
As long as their data is in the inec database they have every right to vote because it's the number on the card they will use and verify is this person was duly register.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by luluman: 7:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Pinterest:
Because they can’t get to the topmost seat of power in the country, they are trying every possible means to destroy the election processes in Nigeria. Our country will prevail.
Olodo nobody is destroying anything.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by WhisperedNoise: 7:48am On Mar 10, 2023
IgOga:
The more Obi and his mob try to disrupt the election process the more LP is loosing value to sane Nigerians.

3rd claiming 1st. Thank God Obi lost. He would have been a divisive president as he was a divisive governor.

And sadly he would have been worse than Buhari......a man with no legacy in good governance.....only strategy is It's the turn of Igbos and christians

What exactly is the correlation between PO and INEC's court proceedings?
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Taiga2023: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2023
adioolayi:
Ofcourse...it contravenes Electoral Act that mandates accreditation of Voters card by BVAS.

How will BVAS read a temporary voters card
You're talking like the use it in the last election

1 Like

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by adioolayi(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2023
MuslimMuslim:
Exposing your ignorance. BVAS uses finger prints and face recognition. The cards are useless

“My lord, it is a mysterious submission that the BVAS use last 6 digits of VIN. That is totally wrong and not true. In fact, I am hearing it for the first time. Without the PVCs the BVAS cannot work."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/polls-why-we-cant-allow-temporary-voters-card-inec-tells-court/amp/
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by adioolayi(m): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2023
Ate247:
you don't need a PVC for the BVAS to accredit you. Once your name is on the voters register the BVAS will accredit you.

“My lord, it is a mysterious submission that the BVAS use last 6 digits of VIN. That is totally wrong and not true. In fact, I am hearing it for the first time. Without the PVCs the BVAS cannot work."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/polls-why-we-cant-allow-temporary-voters-card-inec-tells-court/amp/
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by haybhi1(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Why must you lot always drag LP into your comments?
Face your "president elect" alone na and allow LP do their court proceedings with peace.

Proving so hard that it's hard to take what you dish. We're simply paying you in your own coin, simple.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by WhisperedNoise: 7:56am On Mar 10, 2023
haybhi1:

Proving so hard that it's hard to take what you dish. We're simply paying you in your own coin, simple.
Lol
I don't understand your comment.
Court gave an okay to something.
INEC is disputing it.
You're here dragging LP into the matter. What's the correlation? I sincerely do not know. Please enlighten me.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Misterone: 8:03am On Mar 10, 2023
ATEAMS:
You have disappointed we Nigerian.... That we can't handle things ourselves without compromising
Are those in INEC or those that voted against your party from Ghana
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Eboski(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2023
TVC also carry rhe digits Of VIN they will also ask you on your PVC, even the voters registered they displayed your 6 digits VIN is there also.

adioolayi:

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Pinterest: 8:05am On Mar 10, 2023
luluman:
Olodo nobody is destroying anything.

Your mom is Olodo.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by SmartPolician: 8:05am On Mar 10, 2023
Pinterest:
Because they can’t get to the topmost seat of power in the country, they are trying every possible means to destroy the election processes in Nigeria. Our country will prevail.

What did I just read? 😡😡😡

OMG! People wey get sense for this country dey few. And this is scary!

If you actually voted, the question you should ask yourself is, "What's the difference between PVC and the temporary one?" Everything PVC can do, the temporary one can.

Nigeria is not doing enough to educate and enlighten her populace. Little wonder we keep having idiots running this country aground.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Ray02: 8:06am On Mar 10, 2023
IgOga:
The more Obi and his mob try to disrupt the election process the more LP is loosing value to sane Nigerians.

3rd claiming 1st. Thank God Obi lost. He would have been a divisive president as he was a divisive governor.

And sadly he would have been worse than Buhari......a man with no legacy in good governance.....only strategy is It's the turn of Igbos and christians
Which Buhari lacks legacy in good governance? Go ask APC guys they would give 6ou many legacies of the man.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by DMerciful(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2023
BVAS is not a card reader, it reads your biometrics. You dont need PVC if you're already captured in inec database
adioolayi:
Ofcourse...it contravenes Electoral Act that mandates accreditation of Voters card by BVAS.

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Desammyst(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2023
adioolayi:

Lol. It's actually accreditation of voters, sir. You can't accreditate voters card. The law did not specify the voters card(whether Temporary or Permanent) to be used during election, and that's where the plaintiffs got it right.
BVAS authenticate and accreditate the voter using information on the voters card. Information can include Voter name, Voter Identification Number(VIN), etc.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by SmartPolician: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2023
adioolayi:

Stop disgracing yourself here, please! 😡😡😡
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Buksaylor: 8:10am On Mar 10, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/1633921746716749824?t=LOtJGQwOnnUtoF7gemcgrA&s=19

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7603808/court-orders-inec-allow-2

Inec is just a stupid organization...what is your interest in someine voting or not that you will waste time and resources to appeal a judgement for someone to exercise his/her franchise...na wa o.

INEC need to scrapped and we go back to Fedeco..
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by famology(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2023
Zombiediots are wailing uncontrollably. Lol 🤣🤣🤣

So tay dem dey blame INEC for court judgement. Tinubu victory pain dem sha... Lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Adeolaeniola(m): 8:29am On Mar 10, 2023
adioolayi:

BVAS only need your surname or vin codes.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by JetStar: 8:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Section 47(1) of the electoral act requires a person who intends to vote to have a voters card. It didn't say they must have a permanent voters card or a temporary one. It just says voters card. I remember in my polling unit one woman was disenfranchised because the presiding officer said that INEC instructed them to only have a PVC.

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by todugo(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2023
haybhi1:
Dear LP, a shabby party that rides on propaganda and playing religious card, coming out third and couldn't generate necessary 24 states, yet devoid of everything factual or genuine, please make efforts to go to court to defend your case.

Dear PDP, lol, a party that found Atiku, chronic privateer and capitalist, who was rumoured to own Mikano generator plant, worthy enough to sail the ship, please go to court.

You two are becoming a distraction to President-elect Tinubu. LMS (Last Man Standing) needs ample time to drive the country forward.
APC riding on tribalism, religion and rigging. Yet failed to win FCT and major states. Shame on them for forcing a sickman who should be in retirement home, on young Nigerian populace who rejected him.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by cdavido: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2023
adioolayi:

Same way it reads Permanent Voters Card. By verifying registration details of the Stipulated Voters Identification Number (VIN) entered into the BVAS machine
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Pinterest: 8:38am On Mar 10, 2023
SmartPolician:

What did I just read? 😡😡😡

OMG! People wey get sense for this country dey few. And this is scary!

If you actually voted, the question you should ask yourself is, "What's the difference between PVC and the temporary one?" Everything PVC can do, the temporary one can.

Nigeria is not doing enough to educate and enlighten her populace. Little wonder we keep having idiots running this country aground.

Your mother is one of the senseless people.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by buzweb: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2023
adioolayi:

I doubt if you voted in the presidential election
The BVAS don't read your card instead it authenticates the voter using either of the thumb print or face recognition and the voter's VIN (you can even use the voter's last name).
The VIN is there on the temporary card.
The PU information is also on it.
So in essence one can vote with his Temporary Voter's Card
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Inosky(m): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2023
INEC CHAIRMAN IS FIGHTING NIGERIAN MASSES.

They seized citizens PVC and won't allow them to vote with the TVC they themselves gave them after registration and capturing.

INEC CHAIRMAN God will definitely punish you and your generations for all the frauds you have committed against the Nigerian people inorder to favour whoever that is bankrolling you.
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by Justbesure: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2023
Pinterest:
what exactly did you mean?
Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by adioolayi(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
buzweb:

I doubt if you voted in the presidential election
The BVAS don't read your card instead it authenticates the voter using either of the thumb print or face recognition and the voter's VIN (you can even use the voter's last name).
The VIN is there on the temporary card.
The PU information is also on it.
So in essence one can vote with his Temporary Voter's Card

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by adioolayi(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2023
cdavido:

Same way it reads Permanent Voters Card. By verifying registration details of the Stipulated Voters Identification Number (VIN) entered into the BVAS machine

Re: INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card by adioolayi(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
BVAS only need your surname or vin codes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cleric Sets Himself Ablaze In Delta / Okorocha Gives Cash And Gifts To 1000 Women / I Am Ready For A Coalition With Sowore, Moghalu – Fela Durotoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.