Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland (18109 Views)

18th Anniversary Speech Made By Pastor Larry Mishael / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / 6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by maureensylvia(f): 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
lavylilly:
cheesy
Let's me use this opportunity to thank the founder, but to also appeal to him to listen to yearning of his forumites.

On NL, there are people from all work of life in Nigeria and in diaspora. It was in Nairalamd I got my first foreign job but unfortunately most foreigners are running as a result of no innovation, imagine Gmail without innovation.
It's was in this same forum my neighbors used to get to Canada

There should be a thread/site specially for foreigners, however they should be verified and kindly always do farewell for your mods. I understand it's business no emotions are attached but the best ship are relationships.

There should be verification badges for members 10yrs and above because you cannot genuinely help people because of 1cent scammers

Delete, user with multiple accounts

Verification!
Seun this is apt

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Elaric(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Awesome. More Grace n Wins...

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by maureensylvia(f): 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to nairaland.met only one great female nairalander,intereacted with few online....but as it stands now,I m not ready to meet any nairalander offline again.

But it's a great forum I must admit.

E remain to meet u o
You’re a sweet soul

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Joshkid(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
damoobaba:

What do you mean? With so much to learn on youtube, Canva, Facebook, Twitter and many other websites. Na nairaland you learn pass?
I've made quite some bucks from doing transactions on this forum, so that's the only type of knowledge that counts to me!

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Ajewumi12: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary,keep soaring higher

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by texazzpete(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
otokx:

Been here since 2005, congratulations Nairaland, it can only get better.

September 2005 here.

Dem suppose give us medal cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Debangis20(m): 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations! cool

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by otokx(m): 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
texazzpete:

September 2005 here.

Dem suppose give us medal cheesy

Yes o
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by greypencils: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
I don't read newspapers anymore. All the news I need is on nairaland. Kudos Mr Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by MissIndependent(f): 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Joshkid:
My whole life,Except GOOGLE I've never learnt more from a website than I have on NAIRALAND, God bless you SEUN OSEWA!!!
Same here...

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nwaajasa: 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary to Nairalander, 18years so Nairaland no have PVC
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by CherylNerd: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
Wow, 18th?
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Melagros(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hatrick01:
Happy 18th anniversary of nairaland.

Trolls, will u pls atleast keep today holy?
Abi grin
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Drbolie(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
I love this forum with all my love the founder should please send me account number lemme freaky freaky him small.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Melagros(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
nnadychuks:
I joined Nairaland 2013, and I must say it has helped me in all aspects of my life. I’m grateful to God for letting me come across this platform.
Kudos to Seun
My brother no be only you

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nobodysboo(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by kennypoju(m): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary more grace

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by olatwo(m): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
Seun Osewa!! Long ago, on Airtel page fot jokes cool
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by nwetadinobi042(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy Anniversary to Nairaland 🏆🏆
Nuhskhut:
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who was a student of the prestigious institution,Obafemi Awolowo University,where he studied electrical engineering in 1998, before he left to focus on the forum.

Since its onset,when the forum was created, on the march 10,2005 (it was whe the founder registered), it has been known to be of great place to learn things that revolve around humans.

Anyways for me,I found nairaland an amazing place to conect with people around the world.And I found it an interesting one.

What about you?
How well do you appreciate Nairaland and its founder?
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by layi(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
I'm glad to be a pioneer member since 2005.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by TheFreshVanilla: 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
This forum shows the difference between a white man and a black man expecially Africans. Nairaland should be at least a billion $$ business by now but Africans will never stretch themselves beyond normal by going for excellence. Once it's making "good" money, that ends thinking outside the box for the business.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Gerrard59(m): 12:32am On Mar 11, 2023
I have been here since 2011. I enjoyed the political debates leading up to the 2011 elections and decided to register. Also, it had and still has relevant information from a Nigerian perspective.

Notable feats between Nairaland and myself:

- Got by first job from here (hired by a Nairalander),
- Got tips on how to attain a first class, which I didn't attain sef.
- Got invaluable tips on self development. Frequent commentary on Nairaland aided my writing skills immensely. I recalled commenting almost every single day.
- Got to know my UTME aka JAMB result on Nairaland.
- Got the relevant information I used to japa
- Got paired with good folks who have remained buddies till date.
- and many more too numerous to mention.

Regarding tribal posts, that is APC's fault. Leading up to the 2015 elections, APC went the tribal way. She sponsored propagandists to smear Igbos and other ethnic minorities, most of whom supported Jonathan. In return, they had to retaliate which led to Nairaland being very tribal. Even those in the diaspora were at the forefront. One named Dayokanu now Ramduetter whatever or Eko Ile. Seun could not do anything because the bigwigs in the APC were/are Yorubas, and as a Yoruba lad, that would be an affront on his leaders. So he overlooked. What he did was appointing mods from the two ethnic groups, who then push posts smearing the other ethnic group to the front page.

Additionally, he was threatened by islamists to reduce what they called "anti-Islam" posts on Nairaland. What they didn't say was that "anti-Islam" posts became rife because of the atrocities by Boko Haram. It's why the Islam section has a pre-warning before you comment. Unfortunately, he didn't replicate the same for Christians since he's an atheist. Funny enough, his father is a pastor (owner of Ambassadors College in Ogun aka Cowbellpedia Mathematics regulars).

Recently, he has been bromancing with El-Rufai. Just like his buddy Mark Essien (Seun once invited Mark for AMA session years back). An example is how the posts smearing David Hundeyin graced the front page but David's rebuttal wasn't. El-Rufai and David are sworn enemies. So we might begin to see less posts about the slaughtering of Christians in Northern Nigeria. Who knows? 🤷🏿‍♂️

In summary, Nairaland will still remain Nigeria's most visited forum or social media website owned by a Nigerian by any measure because there is no competitor that comes close. The website contains invaluable information from a Nigerian perspective. That is her selling and strongest point.

TheFreshVanilla:
This forum shows the difference between a white man and a black man expecially Africans. Nairaland should be at least a billion $$ business by now but Africans will never stretch themselves beyond normal by going for excellence. Once it's making "good" money, that ends thinking outside the box for the business.

Seun is like the founder of Craigslist. Craigslist was founded before Shopify or few years after Amazon, yet the owner and present CEO (who was an early member) have remained very private. The website is still very bland but easy to navigate. That has been Nairaland's strength, at least during the 2000s - 2015 when less sophisticated phones were prevalent. Maybe in the next few years when those Symbian phones stop reigning or aren't prevalent, more features will be introduced. But then, it's the founder's nature.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Zyrac: 1:43am On Mar 11, 2023
God1000:
Nice one, I celebrate seun for creating such an amazing forum, he's also a very good Nigerian.

creating a forum where one can see the most backward thinking Nigerians in real time.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Zyrac: 1:44am On Mar 11, 2023
18 years no growth, just like Nigeria. Tufia
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Stevenbright(m): 3:28am On Mar 11, 2023
Happy Anniversary Nairaland and kudos to Seun.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by aladesuyi(m): 3:30am On Mar 11, 2023
Congrats NAIRALAND!, and same goes to me as I have been here over 17yrs too and still counting.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Toks2008(m): 3:44am On Mar 11, 2023
Nuhskhut:
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who was a student of the prestigious institution,Obafemi Awolowo University,where he studied electrical engineering in 1998, before he left to focus on the forum.

Since its onset,when the forum was created, on the march 10,2005 (it was whe the founder registered), it has been known to be of great place to learn things that revolve around humans.

Anyways for me,I found nairaland an amazing place to conect with people around the world.And I found it an interesting one.

What about you?
How well do you appreciate Nairaland and its founder?
I joined nairaland 3 years after it was created.

I try.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by ifihearam: 4:22am On Mar 11, 2023
I was first introduced to Nairaland that same year but becaame a registered member the following year...we deserve accolades too and appreciation gifts.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by gadgetarena: 6:28am On Mar 11, 2023
The simplest and efficient Nigerian owned wesite I have ever used, I love Nairaland...
As we celebrate the 18th Anniversary please think of adding more features and making
some improvement to the website.

Thanks to Oluwaseun Osewa

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by teeshet: 8:09am On Mar 11, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to nairaland.met only one great female nairalander,intereacted with few online....but as it stands now,I m not ready to meet any nairalander offline again.

But it's a great forum I must admit.
i've you fùcked any nairalander
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Pacyrus(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Happy anniversary! Joined Nairaland forum in 2013, and I can boldly say that I have learned a lot from here. Abeg make una reduce the tribal sentiment wey don too much for here, especially for this election cycles.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by teeshet: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Som497:
WHAT HAPPENED TO LALA AND ISHILOVE BRO
ishilove, where the fùck are you? Come out of that movie thread now now before i woze you slap. Nasty gal

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heartbroken Teenager Jumps From Third-floor Window In Suicide Bid / How To Spot Fake Bank Alert From The Real One. / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.