Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland (18108 Views)

18th Anniversary Speech Made By Pastor Larry Mishael / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / 6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by PPIA: 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
siofra:
Wow! So children born in 2005 are already 18 embarassed
Na wa o! I don old finish like this πŸ™†πŸ™†
That was when you were in JSS2 or 3 grin grin grin

Never did you know then that you will become a renowned and we'll established Olosho by now grin
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Hollyharjii: 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary oooooooo
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Lightorder: 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Many more win , many more years
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Papichulostunne(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.
I wan talk but you talk so i say make i no talk because you don talk wetin i suppose talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by harmony75: 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by HarunaWest(m): 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
This life sha funny, I remember back then when seun used to jump into blogs to market Nairaland. My first NL account was opened 2006. NL used to be very educative and na only matured people dey here then cos not all idiots could afford symbian or java phones phones as at then. How time flies.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Doyou2019: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.

Good advice here for Seun. I hope he listens. The urchins here, if left to continue with their madness, might yet start a war in this country with their hate speech and bigotry. Seun has to do something before the next administration begins. These lunatics will put him in trouble if he doesn't act.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Balzy: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy 18th anniversary to this noble forum. A very interesting place to always be.

Kudos to the founder.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by barinedan(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
It is an interesting blog, I love it so much. I'm really happy to be a member of this forum, it is informative and educative too,
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by semasir: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nairaland brought me my 1st 6 digits deal and I still can't forget that.

Got some leads too here and it's been a god source. Just love this platform, I'm sure I'm part of the earliest persons here when I used to visit for opera mini free browsing tweaks then.

The evolution is massive but more still need to be done and I have a replica of the site too with the LASU Forum link on my signature

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by nannyo(f): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni.
Exactly, the first thing that I was pondering on, or is it that Op is not good in English language?

[quote author=Oyindamolah post=121620475]Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are register
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by LIVINGICONREBOR: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
sisisioge:
He should share money for us o....happy birthday to NL grin

You like money too much. πŸ€”
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by GoodIsGod: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
I don't like Seun

How would you create a site that has become an addiction.

Is that fair?

I wake up in the middle of.the night searching for Nairaland and I don't like it.
If it continues like this in the next five years I might smash my phone o

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by simplelad(m): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
NAIRALAND IS THE BEST. ANYTIME, ANY DAY AND ANYWHERE, I WILL ALWAYS STICK TO NAIRALAND. PROUD TO BE A NAIRALANDER. AM NAIRALAND ADDICTED

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by AbleGodsolution(m): 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy birthday to my favorite website ever!
I learnt alotttt here,
Although a ghost member... But I really learnt alotttt..
Especially in literature section..
Books like,
An Evening with Eva
Memoirs of blood and steel
Tarasha
Bloodline
Kings
Under her veil
Black maria
The list is endless...
But these ones stuck to my subconscious..

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by LordTheus(m): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hmmm.

I first came across Nairaland at around 2015. Then I only used to come online as a guest to read updates from the Marvel and DC threads in the movies section. I officially registered for the first time in 2018.

I still love the site, even though it has become a shadow of its former self -- taken over by trolls, mentally unbalanced people and users who you can tell from their posts that they aren't up to 18. You can literally see the intellectual regression in member comments if you read topics from the early 2010s up until now.

Nairaland remains the top internet chatroom in the country -- basically Nigerian version of Reddit. However, it's in dire need of technical and aesthetic upgrades.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by ozone0801(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Skyview01:

I was reliably informed Seun dropped out and did not complete his studies at Ife. How true is that?

Yes true, he was in first class at the time. Very brilliant chap. Only him knows while he left.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by sisisioge: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:

You like money too much. πŸ€”

Haaaaa! Take it down pls.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by EmmyNorse(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
The founder indeed has brought great minds from far and wide in a forum as Nigerians and intellects. Even though the complexity of humans, I still have a great deal of love and respect for everyone here. Happy eighteenth anniversary to ya all grin cool shocked
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by yomiracles: 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS TO NAIRALAND!
A UNIQUE BLOG THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by LIVINGICONREBOR: 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
sisisioge:

Haaaaa! Take it down pls.

Okay. Fear don catch u. grin
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Philip4564(m): 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy Anniversary to Nairaland .Thank you mr.seun osewa for this wonderful forum..This platform has been a source of blessings to aloy of persons here..
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by eben97: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
AMAZING!JUST LIKE Y DAY. MY COLLEAGUE FROM OAU (or so)introduced me here in 2008 or 2009 while in fct.it has been jolly ride all d way.ow old acct is still with hackers till date. i shall soon collect it back.weldone mr naira land.i have made quite some good amount of money n friends on this great forum. i duf my hat sirf
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by QueenEsther1: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations Nairaland, congratulations Seun.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by alexmakaay(m): 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Talking about the OGs here... I'm one of them. Thank you nairaland.. my first port of call once I wake up. Thank you Engr E E Ezurukam who linked me with this site on 2006. Wherever you are, remain blessed.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by damoobaba: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Joshkid:
My whole life,Except GOOGLE I've never learnt more from a website than I have on NAIRALAND, God bless you SEUN OSEWA!!!

What do you mean? With so much to learn on youtube, Canva, Facebook, Twitter and many other websites. Na nairaland you learn pass?
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
ozone0801:

Yes true, he was in first class at the time. Very brilliant chap. Only him knows while he left.

I was told Seun was very brilliant and always arguing and getting into trouble with the lectures and professors.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Bimpe29: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary! The forum is a global platform for contemporary information.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by damoobaba: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
cheesy
Let's me use this opportunity to thank the founder, but to also appeal to him to listen to yearning of his forumites.

On NL, there are people from all work of life in Nigeria and in diaspora. It was in Nairalamd I got my first foreign job but unfortunately most foreigners are running as a result of no innovation, imagine Gmail without innovation.
It's was in this same forum my neighbors used to get to Canada

There should be a thread/site specially for foreigners, however they should be verified and kindly always do farewell for your mods. I understand it's business no emotions are attached but the best ship are relationships.

There should be verification badges for members 10yrs and above because you cannot genuinely help people because of 1cent scammers

lavylilly:
Delete, user with multiple accounts

Na this one you take spoil the whole thing. How many people go remain for nairaland if they delete multiple accounts.

3 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Odebayo4010(m): 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
Wow that's great, I joined Nairaland 2019, it really help me alot interm of peoples inspiring someone, sharing of an ideas, I really thanks Seun Osewa for this
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by damoobaba: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nairaland has not really improved. I was working on an android chat app for Nairaland way back 2016 but couldn't finish it up because my laptop packed up. I hope Seun will upgrade one day. Even platforms that came after nairaland are now big and have turn their owners to dollar billionaires. Seun needs to wake up.
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by maureensylvia(f): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:

Lala?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heartbroken Teenager Jumps From Third-floor Window In Suicide Bid / How To Spot Fake Bank Alert From The Real One. / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.