Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,088 members, 7,835,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? (3481 Views)

I'm Worried, All I Have Now Is 300k / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Hamachi(f): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
remsonik:

OK clap your hands, spend wisely. He's thinking of building, buying land, car and properties, investing in business, giving children quality education yet if you don't manage your expenses you won't achieve anything.
Earn 300k and don't save anything out of it even the one who earns 150k will achieve more than you
Sense no go kill you

5 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Hamachi(f): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
shocked
masinga07:
How many families even have that 300k monthly.
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hamachi:
He should use condom and stop all these ranting

Read the OP post before commenting please...and it was a woman that asked the question

5 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Hamachi(f): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
fabiano09:
70% of Nigerian families don’t even see 100k per month , don’t listen to clowns on Nairaland
How did you arrive at 70%? Have you been to all families pocket in Nigeria yo arrive at that?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
fabiano09:
70% of Nigerian families don’t even see 100k per month , don’t listen to clowns on Nairaland

You dey mind them..and theyll just come and be yapping...one said it's enough for a family of 5 children..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by lavylilly: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Playmaaker14:
Except that person is living above his means.

The present economy challenges shouldn't be used as an excuse to live above one's means.

Cut your coat according to your cloth.
No make I swear for you, Everytime the bolded, when person go enjoy the life, you had better stop existing and start living.

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by lavylilly: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rayban25:

You dey mind them..and theyll just come and be yapping...one said it's enough for a family of 5 children..
Your comrade in arm is in support, why wouldn't it be enough? Are you a spendthrift
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hamachi:
How did you arrive at 70%? Have you been to all families pocket in Nigeria yo arrive at that?
I live in Lagos , I know many families who struggle to pay levies of just 2k , you think they have 100k ? You need to see how people struggle to feed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
lavylilly:
No make I swear for you, Everytime the bolded, when person go enjoy the life, you had better stop existing and start living.
Go swear for the people who failed to train you how to talk in public first since you can't make a comment without being insensitive.

I never stopped you from making your own opinion, you are free to do so...

Take a look at your signature and read your comment.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
fabiano09:

I live in Lagos , I know many families who struggle to pay levies of just 2k , you think they have 100k ? You need to see how people struggle to feed

Guy stop answering those ones abeg...they are obvious liabilities in a marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by yemmit90: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
remsonik:
Yes it's OK, if they manage their spending wisely. On your Gen only at night for 2-3 hours. Refill Gas in two months and get an electric cooker to use when there's light.QMonitor amounts spent on outings, eateries and orders.
Use gotv instead of dstv or buy a lower cost plan for anyone you have.
Put off your data and use data when needed only that will reduce the data bundle you buy monthly.

I think those things you listed don't take much money compare to School fees and other children needs? Those little ones spend about 70% of total expenses in the family.

4 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
No. Not enough except you have your own house. 4 pickin no be yam and beans.

3 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rayban25:
When you say spend whose money are you talking about? Her money or her husbands own?
2023, una still dey argue nonsense. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by IyaTola: 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
Skyview01:
No. Not enough except you have your own house. 4 pickin no be yam and beans.
Family of four, papa, mama and 2 pikin oga!
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by remsonik(f): 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
yemmit90:

I think those things you listed don't take much money compare to School fees and other children needs? Those little ones spend about 70% of total expenses in the family.
Yes you're right, my sister's family spends 1m plus on their 3 kids schooling. Some are even spending up to 10m plus for older kids in private universities in Nigeria ......

5 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by ogawisdom(m): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
It's will be enough with better savings if they don't spend on wants but needs. Plus if they cut their coats according to their clothes.

Why put on gen every night even when weather is cool n u can use only rechargeable lights? This is where common sense is needed or wisdom.

Budgeting and management is also paramount.

Food should be portioned n controlled to last.

You must not attend 100k per term sch, when there is 25k per term sch

4 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by kuse2(m): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hmnn.. I currently cater for a total of 8 people - 4 adults and 4 children and to be honest, we don't spend upto 300k monthly as living expenses.

Our strategy is to buy things in bulk rather than piecemeal.. For instance we bought groceries of almost 200K in January which is expected to last a few months.

We also buy meats in bulk.. Like 2 laps of cow.. Cartons of fish and all.. Basically, anything that can be bought in bulk, we buy.

What pushes most families into financial mess is mostly education for kids.. We simply put our kids in good schools that we can comfortably afford.

Lastly, myself and wife drive corolla which helps to reduce fuel cost.

So, be grateful for that 300k job.. Several families I know live with less than 100k monthly.

✌️

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Praisepriest: 7:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
Do they want to do party. My family of 5 including a new born in January, we don't spent #100 in a month. Na lie. Na Yahoo man

6 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Cutehector(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Its ok for those who can live within their means.

4 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Gloriagee(f): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Apparently, only women can be wasteful spenders. undecided There are no men who spend their hard earned resources on bet 9ja,
side chics and other money gulping addictions. Wehdone

dobnina:

That 300k monthly is enough for a family of 5 if the wife is not a wasteful spender.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Berrityga: 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hamachi:

A family of 4
School fee two kids 65k per kid =130k
House rent monthly 10k=120k
Nepa post paid max 5k
DStv depending on the package
Filling gas 5k
Lawma 1500
Bag of Rice 35k
Fuel on a daily 3k =22k plus charges
Miscellaneous expenses 10k
how would you say your savings is an expenditure? Only list the things you send money on and exclude your savings. You can't spend 350k a month.

6 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by lavylilly: 6:56am On Mar 11, 2023
remsonik:

Yes you're right, my sister's family spends 1m plus on their 3 kids schooling. Some are even spending up to 10m plus for older kids in private universities in Nigeria ......
1m for 3kids shocked
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by lavylilly: 6:57am On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:
Apparently, only women can be wasteful spenders. undecided There are no men who spend their hard earned resources on bet 9ja,
side chics and other money gulping addictions. Wehdone

Tell them o!!!
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by QuinModah(f): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
grin
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by SMJay: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
cry
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by ItisWell22(f): 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
lavylilly:
1m for 3kids shocked

Check Abuja and Lagos. 😊

My nephew’s fee per annum is about 1.8M…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by lavylilly: 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
shocked
ItisWell22:

Check Abuja and Lagos. 😊

My nephew’s fee per annum is about 1.8M…
Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
Yet one Wretched Young Boy with his Youngie Wife plus Three Children are living on Paltry on 50k Salary in just One Room.

3 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by juman(m): 6:15am On Mar 25, 2023
Hundred thousand is enough.
Cut your coat according to your size.

What of millions of families that earn less than sixty thousands per months?

We still live happy life.
Thank god for your blessings and live responsibly and save some money for rainy days.

4 Likes

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by QuinModah(f): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2023
wink
kuse2:
Hmnn.. I currently cater for a total of 8 people - 4 adults and 4 children and to be honest, we don't spend upto 300k monthly as living expenses.

Our strategy is to buy things in bulk rather than piecemeal.. For instance we bought groceries of almost 200K in January which is expected to last a few months.

We also buy meats in bulk.. Like 2 laps of cow.. Cartons of fish and all.. Basically, anything that can be bought in bulk, we buy.

What pushes most families into financial mess is mostly education for kids.. We simply put our kids in good schools that we can comfortably afford.

So, be grateful for that 300k job.. Several families I know live with less than 100k monthly.

✌️

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On Mar 25, 2023
Not in the current economy but nothing is impossible. People survive on lower income.

1 Like

Re: Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? by Acidosis(m): 10:47am On Mar 25, 2023
kuse2:

✌️

Omo.. Bro how did you find yourself in this situation? I mean the fact that you to cater for 8 people.

Also, how do you save?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Eavesdropped Your Parents Making Love? / He Deflowered His Own Daughter And Aborted For Her Twice, / Letter From A Hurting Wife - Your Views Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.