Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' (13401 Views)

World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" / El Salvador To Build first-ever Cryptocurrency-fuelled 'bitcoin City' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by modelsms(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2023
The USA are happy now.
Selfish interests

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Henrhyme4u(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2023
Reinaldo:
Agbado idiots will never understand anything

O go gan o, anyway you actually took after your father.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Flier: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2023
ecolime:

What's the correlation between Igbo and Fulani? Do Igbos massacre their host communities?

You are not making sense at all. I know Igvis have Ego issues but please lets stop villifying this tribe.

They are as Nigerian as every other tribe. Injustice is what they fight against and you can't blame them.
Believe it or not,igbo will invade Portharcourt if they should get independent
I am just telling you what these tribes are capable of doing,Too much of EGO is bad and this is what is affecting the RUSSIANS
Pope should go and read history,he will realise RUSSIA has always invade its neighbours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by QuinModah(f): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2023
wink
moscow007:
Even Pope dey fear to call the West and NATO out, what a world we leave in.

Russian is the only barricade between good and evil, light and darkness, without Russia darkness would've long enveloped the world.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by fasterwell(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2023
The United States led NATO is responsible for the war in Ukraine and do not Russia.

It's a matter of time before they start forcing African countries to join NATImO

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by malakaimoscondo: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
Well, he's right to some extent, but Putin's harmful expansionism must be stopped.

He should focus more on building a prosperous modern Russia instead of trying to resurrect the old Soviet Union
who told this one now that putin is pursuing resovietization? (any one who doesn't grieve the passing of soviet union don't have heart and any one who want it back don't have brain~putin... U are a victim of western media... Russia speakers in ukrain must be free

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2023
You mean the Gay Pope??
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by APCHaram: 9:24am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
Well, he's right to some extent, but Putin's harmful expansionism must be stopped.

He should focus more on building a prosperous modern Russia instead of trying to resurrect the old Soviet Union

OSU pig
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Moniya4Real(m): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2023
[quote author=thesicilian post=121623166]
Those who know a little about world politics, especially the Western politics, will understand what the good Pope is talking about [/quote

Well said, a lot of people on nairaland even think the war started when Russia invaded Ukraine… they know little or nothing about international politics etc

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

Not to some extent. He is right in all extent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by able20(m): 9:27am On Mar 10, 2023
Oboto700:
Ukraine surprised me..shame on putin
Ukraine surprised you because they have their country totally Destroyed, continue the surprises

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by tamdun: 9:28am On Mar 10, 2023
Reinaldo:
Agbado idiots will never understand anything
This is why they call u guys zombie
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Aboki99(m): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2023
Coward, he's even scared to call a spade by proper name.

Everyone knows the US hegemonic drive is what's the real cause of the war.

The US is using naive Ukrainians to fight Russia

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Bluntemperor: 9:30am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

God bless the Pope!
But,Mr Putin is a dictator and dictators don't die alone,for you to invade another Country territories with flimsy excuses,by annexing their Land Creamea and calling it a bluff,means he is an interloper and because he did that in 2014, without a fight,he came again thinking the same but has met his Waterloo, with thousands of Russian Soldiers dying!
Too shameful for the Russians to fighting their neighbours because they now have monsters of Ukrainians and Others to contend with in decades to come, even,if they would defend the land with their blood!
Please Mr Putin,you can still rescind your decision on this War today and make Russian to be great again!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by 0monnak0da: 9:30am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

America's expansionism is the good one
NATO expansionism should be encouraged

This is what happens.when you graduate from University of CNN.

The pope is 100% correct ,not
To some extent
We in Africa should mind our business
Look at how much money the US has found for this war
Have they helped us with Boko Haram?
Ordinary helicopters ,imagine all the conditions they gave and we paid in full like 3 years in advance. They want us to be slaves for ever
Don't forget how Africa was treated during COVID 19. They had no money for vaccines but they have billions for bullets.
Do not pretend that you understand the history of Europe
World war 2 was ended by the Soviet Union and Russia will not allowed itself to be strangulated in slow motion using some woke democracy argument
The same reason why the US did not allow missiles in Cuba is why this war is happening
Empires dominate small countries
The US just dresses it up in Netflix and McDOnalds for weak minds that cannot think
There is no good guy,not Russia,not China,not NATO
What is happening in Ukraine is a war between NATO and Russia started by Barack Obama

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Badassniggga(m): 9:31am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

he's not trying to resurrect whatever it is you've been fed with. You guys should use your brains for once.

Putin's expansion is harmful abi? What about US/NATO that keep on moving towards Russia's borders by strategically lobbying all Russia's neighbors to join NATO? Why didn't US want Nigeria or Jamaica to join NATO? Why must it be those bordering Russia that US is concerned about? You write of harmful expansion, I ask, where has Russia expanded militarily in the last 3 decades?? What were US NATO personnel doing in Ukraine before Russia launched the war? Emotions have no place in politics. It's all logic. Use your Head.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by WantsandMore: 9:32am On Mar 10, 2023
AlphaAlex:
Anything said by the catholic pedo Cabal I don’t believe or want to hear until they show the whole world all the knowledge they have stashed away at the Vatican archives. They are just a bunch of devil worshippers in disguise
lol...it's like you are a reincarnation of a puritan from old Salem.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2023
WantsandMore:
lol...it's like you are a reincarnation of a puritan from old Salem.
before you mention me go and do your research about the Catholic Church and the Vatican City I don’t have time to talk with people who don’t know the true working of this world we find ourselves in. Good day .
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by WantsandMore: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2023
AlphaAlex:
before you mention me go and do your research about the Catholic Church and the Vatican City I don’t have time to talk with people who don’t know the true working of this world we find ourselves in. Good day .
kindly enlighten me, the puritans were these bitter towards catholics, infact they hanged catholics alongside witches, yet, the puritans are in minority & the catholics in majority 100s of years later, kindly me enlighten on the workings of this world biko, I've no idea where to start from.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by BabaCommander: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2023
Perfectfucker:
Ukraine president is stupid. I know he’s trying to prove he is independent and can do whatever he wants but the question is, is it worth the death and destruction of Ukraine?

I know some people will be expecting me to blame Putin but I won’t . Imagine you’re a cultist and your neighbor joins a rival cult , will you sit down and watch he plan your destruction first or you attack immediately to save yourself of future harm?
Why become a cultist in the first place?
Anyway, thank you for confirming that Putin is a thug and a bully. That you cannot blame a bully says a lot about that you are just like him.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by juman(m): 9:39am On Mar 10, 2023
Ukraine war was started by America just to confront Russia.
American leaders like war, sometimes I think they gain some financial benefit from war.
See the number of billions of dollars already spent by America on the Ukraine nonsense.
They borrow the money o.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by putin2: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

You don't know anything mumu cnn
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 10, 2023
WantsandMore:
kindly enlighten me, the puritans were these bitter towards catholics, infact they hanged catholics alongside witches, yet, the puritans are in minority & the catholics in majority 100s of years later, kindly me enlighten on the workings of this world biko, I've no idea where to start from.
I’m not a Puritan bro go and do your research. I no get time to explain to you because you probably know but you have chosen to play dumb which is cool 😎 bro I don’t like to argue
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by obedience4(m): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2023
Wawelexy:

Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Georgia and more are neighbouring countries to Russia, why has Russia not invaded them?

People of high caliber with sophisticated information about was going on in Ukraine are talking, you open your mouth waaah to say he's wrong? Because you watch CNN, BBC and al Jazeera? Most of this world leaders belongs to one or two cults group, they know what's up... If the pope could alter such statement, believe me, he knows what he's saying...

Because they are Russia puppet, why will Russia invade it's puppet states.

News flash Russia did invade georgia, and took Chenhan , Russia then Soviet Union invaded Finland..
Just the same way Russia has threatened to invade Moldova because ethic Russia are there..

So your agurement is flawed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Caleb15(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2023
accordadoga:
This is not my problem right now…

ABEG WHO GET CASH??

Emewefiewele suppose get one slap each from every Nigerian after this whole drama.

SITUATION OF NIGERIA RIGHT NOW (CONFUSED):

Federal government don dey beg us to accept money, wey dem no gree collect, naija cruise no dey finish.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by WantsandMore: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2023
AlphaAlex:
I’m not a Puritan bro go and do your research. I no get time to explain to you because you probably know but you have chosen to play dumb which is cool 😎 bro I don’t like to argue
lol. Ok.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:52am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

Stop watching CNN.

Every nations protects its national interest first. Can you count how many countries the USA have invaded? Or coups fueled by CIA?

When Isreal takes the land that was given to by an Islamic nation who persecuted them?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by zumbigbo(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2023
Flier:
He is wrong,Russia will always invade neighbouring Nations as long as ethinic Russians are there
I can see the same DNA in IGBO and FULANI if they should get independent
The EGO of these tribes is out of this world and it will always lead the astray

This is what they call a cold take.

Read a book and grow as a human - rather than sniffing the nut sack of ignorance.
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Topmaike007(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2023
Flier:
He is wrong,Russia will always invade neighbouring Nations as long as ethinic Russians are there
what brings Igbo to the discussion??
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Kavod: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2023
Flier:
ONLY IF YOU GUYS KNOW HOW THE SOVIET UNION COLLAPSED, YOU WOULD HAIL PUTIN... THATS TO TURN A DEAD ECONOMY TO A PROSPEROUS ONE AND BE COMPETING WITH WORLD POWERS..... MY GUY THAT GUY FIRM AND NA GENIUS.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by TenQ: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2023
bonechamberlain:
angry Its like the Pope is scared of mentioning the U.S, NATO and UK in any of his release. Why not say Ukraine war was fuelled not only by U.S empire, the name Russia must always appear.

Russia is defending her country, while the U.S is trying all possible means to dominate the entire world it doesn't matter if millions die.
Russia was defending herself by preemptively invading another Sovereign country and annexing their land?

Jokes apart: Russia was interested in resurecting the old USSR. Putin had always been of the opinion that the breakup of Soviet Union was a mistake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boris Johnson Says Putin Threatened Him With Missile Strike / Georgia: Trump, 18 Others Indicted, Arrest Warrants Issued Over US 2020 Election / Sudan PM Hamdok Reinstated After Coup But Protests Escalate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.