Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes (16778 Views)

Ogun Govt to Revoke CofO Of Any Commercial Outlet Rejecting Old Naira Notes / Ogun Government Threaten To Shut Commercial Banks Rejecting Old Naira Notes / States, Police Clamp Down On Traders Rejecting Old Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by ijustdey: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
The Kogi State Government on Friday ordered the arrest and prosecution of individuals and businesses rejecting the old naira notes.

A statement by Commissioner for Information, Kingsley Fanwo congratulated Nigerians on the “historic ruling of the Supreme Court”.

The apex court last week ruled that both the old and new naira notes remain legal tenders until December 31, 2023.

Fanwo explained that the Yahaya Bello administration joined other states to pursue the case to ease the hardship occasioned by the unavailability of cash.

He said it was unacceptable that some persons and businesses continue to reject the old notes, even after the court validated their use.

Rejecting the old naira notes is a clear disobedience of the Supreme Court ruling,” the commissioner stressed.

Anyone who rejects the old naira notes should be reported to security and government authorities for immediate action. Also, banks that refuse to accept old naira deposits shall be sealed.”

Fanwo warned that the government will not accommodate financial institutions “that willfully disobey court orders, moreso, the orders of the highest court in Nigeria”.

Since the banks are issuing the old naira notes, they are bound to also receive it. We cannot continue to kill our economy after the Supreme Court has granted us freedom.”

The statement announced the establishment of a high-powered committee to ensure full adherence and compliance to the verdict.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/10/kogi-govt-orders-arrest-of-persons-businesses-rejecting-old-naira-notes/

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by slimjohn2k5: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
He should go n arrest bank

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by tungamaje: 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
Including the banks?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by alphaconde(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
In sane climes

Emiefele will face live prosecution for the failures of this policy alone.

Every day in handcuffs and prisons clothes with cameras he would be explaining himself.

How can i earn say 20k a month.

for me to exchange my salary for cash i will get 16k.

What a waste.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ok, noted.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Cantonese: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
Na Bello give them their money?

Why not face the case wey dey face im household? Wetin concern am with new naira?

Jagbajantis intete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
kidnappings & armed robberies go resume on a massive scale again.

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Nwaezeudo: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
What has this so called youth governor done for the people of Kogi? Living lavish lifestyle, the wife, nephew et al stealing billions without batting an eyelid. Now he wants to force them to start collecting old naira notes against the CBN directives! Mehn this country sef eeehn.....

Anyways the Iragbiji criminal should never let anything happen to that certificate he stole. Peter Gregory Obi is the rightful owner kiss

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by id4sho(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Yeye Bello

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Salewa97: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
It seems Emefiele did this to conceal his numerous stealing and now that his plan to affect Jagaban victory failed, he is in a dicey situation.

If he reverse the decision, people will see that he stole money and the record will be evident.

If he fail to reverse the decision, he bank on escaping from Nigeria before May swearing in of president elect Bola Tinubu.

But it seems Buhari self don remove hand for Nigeria matter. Abi why is he not talking in the midst of this chaos?

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by stano2(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Arrest bank managers first

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by kushma(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Why is this government hell bent on punishing their citizens, why force them to collect it? Imagine people bank gave old notes couple of days ago went back to the bank to deposit it but bank rejected the note they gave out oo. So who is to be blamed now

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Racoon(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Imagine! A policy everyone is confused about.Even the president is not obeying the supreme court how much more the poor citizens down the ladder.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Donvictor2015: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lol. How many will they arrest? grin grin grin
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Fut9ure: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Executive get power sha

Na cbn just hold us for blockos like this

My mind dey tell me say this presidential election fight is just getting started

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Kaycee54321(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bank will give you old note and reject old note.

What a country.

7 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Princebest(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
E reach so

Once again o, happy 18th anniversary to nairaland.com best wishes to the founder, Seun Osesewa!

I'm really not happy with the moderators we have on here at present. They banned me - a long-time pioneer member - for 10 years on flimsy allegation of having an alternative handle.

Who amongst them can proudly state that they do not have multiple handles here?
So I once again call on the mods to rather put their energies towards apprehending their associates who are engaged in criminal activities, and to exonerate those who are not. Strongbest must be reinstated, @Seun.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by odoemenacelevian(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
We have really suffered in this country..
Can you imagine a governor arresting citizen for rejecting old Naira...
Come and arrest me.
The same guys disobey court order would want us to obey it..
Leadership start from the head
The Judicial has been reduced to a laughing stock by BUHARI regime..
I believe Peter Obi government would strengthen it..

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Batman01: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
This bello sef
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by ecolime(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Yeye Bello. This guy competes with Keyamo in dumbness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Acupoturamo: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
All BRT money goes to Tinubu's nephew.
All market levies go to Tinubu's daughter
All billboard levies go to Tinubu's son
All taxes and tolls levies go to Tinubu

When I look at how Peter Obi rejected everything, including his gratuity, I realized Voting Obi is the sensible thing to do

But as a professional tribal bigot and naturally wicked, utterly hopeless and irredeemable Urchin, I still voted BAT

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Ogbuefi2020: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Start from the banks

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Elsueno: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
No body can arrest u if U dont open for business...Let kogi govt & the supreme court buy products with old naira & sell through old naira 😄

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Koolface4u: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by sleek214(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Rubbish. It won't work. Old N500 & N1,000 is illegal until Buhari/CBN Say otherwise.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by IFSHR: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
All those useless governors dragging emefile that time...SC passed judgement and all of them kept quiet, as they are busy changing the old note they have already... whether FG obey no be their headache again.

All those sponsored urchins that was busy burning banks and all that time, have been paid off, regardless of the fact that we are still suffering what they claimed they were burning banks for... They have used those ones and dump them..

The next set they are using now for their evil games, are those set of educated illiterate, always propagating tribal war statement, after the governorship election their contract ends and they will join the Nigeria where, fuel is scarce, Naira is scarce, health system zero, insecurity abounds, poor infrastructural abounds, epileptic power supply...

Suffering and smiling at the oppressor, but trying to mock his fellow sufferer
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by pol23: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Yeye Below always doing way beyond especially in unnecessary things.
Fight the bank that has refused to accept it first.
After almost 8 years of being governor, you haven’t done a thing to better the life of Kogi people….
Best performing Governor in making life hard for average citizens.
Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
While the fugitive wife declared wanted dey aso rock romancing with madam Aisha and tilumbu wife . Come and arrest me na. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by visaclick: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
If nigeria was a mad patient no mental ward will admit her because her case is beyond critical.

Architectural and structural drawings for your building project, send me a WhatsApp message.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Govt Orders Arrest Of Persons, Businesses Rejecting Old Naira Notes by princeade86(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Arrest ur wife first

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census / Buhari’s The ‘Next Level’ - APC Roadmap Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Prophet M.K.O. Tibetan: Edo Must Produce Nigerian President To Get It Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.