Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Update On Bakhmut Front - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Update On Bakhmut Front (4334 Views)

Fmr. Russia President, Medvedev Replies Elon Musk's 2022 Tweet About Bakhmut / 'Bakhmut Is Down' - Russia Captures Bakhmut City In Ukraine (Photo) / The Ukrainian Army Begins The Siege Of The Russian Army In Bakhmut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 3:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hotice085:

So since the Ukrainians kicked em outta Kiev Kharkov and other occupied towns they want on holiday?
Ogbeni can you for once imagine that long convoy of soldiers and weapons the dumb ass Russians marched towards Kiev that they try such nonsense with any any western nations do you know how many would have died like chickens?

You see that mistake shows how dumb they are, they are lucky Ukraine lacks airpower by now this war would be long over

So tell me how Iran has threaten Israel sovereignty just once when Israel has done it countless time against them?

Do you know the details of the 35km long convoy?
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Hotice085: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
olugabbie:

Do you know the details of the 35km long convoy?

Sitting 🩆 ducks that was what they were
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
The Orchestra are already in the AZOM

Are we seeing another AZOV? Maybe

But I bet this time there wouldn't be any POWs but only KIA.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/03/12/worse-stalingrad-ukraine-troops-battle-wagner-fighters-bakhmut/

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Masterviolence:
The Orchestra are already in the AZOM

Are we seeing another AZOV? Maybe

But I bet this time there wouldn't be any POWs but only KIA.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/03/12/worse-stalingrad-ukraine-troops-battle-wagner-fighters-bakhmut/

Wagner Crosses Bakhmutovka River on Saturday. Now they are threatening Bakhmut Center and AZOM plant. The result of the offensive in Bakhmut will determine whether Russia can seize the whole of Donetsk or not. If they take Bakhmut, be rest assured, be rest assured that Severkst, Kramatorsk and Slovyansk will fall eventually.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
olugabbie:

Wagner Crosses Bakhmutovka River on Saturday. Now they are threatening Bakhmut Center and AZOM plant. The result of the offensive in Bakhmut will determine whether Russia can seize the whole of Donetsk or not. If they take Bakhmut, be rest assured, be rest assured that Severkst, Kramatorsk and Slovyansk will fall eventually.
Spot on 👍

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by bassdow: 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
olugabbie:

It is a fact that the US has shown that it is not interested in any war at this time.

The Almighty US said she want to use this opportunity to weaken Russia military strength. Why do you need to weaken Russia if her military is not very strong as you claim? I guess your colonial masters know better than you.

Your colonial master are leaving their own country unprotected by shipping weapons in their stock that are not even enough for them to protect their own territories to Ukraine. At the same time, they have spent billions of dollar to make sure Russia is weakened and at the same time get it troops thrown out of Ukraine. So all this effort is against an ordinary gas station-Russia, as claimed by the West. Or a country that has a very weak military as claimed by you. It is common sense.

Please save your STRENGTH because if 30% of we Nigerians use our sense of reasoning, the population of Religious Houses wouldn't be on steady increase

1 Like

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by bassdow: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
olugabbie:
Bakhmut is just like Poposna. It is a fortress. Poposna was a fortress for the entire Lugansk. The same way Bakhmut is a fortress for the entire Donetsk. Have you ever wonder why the Ukrainians don't want to let go of the city? Zelensky said the week that if Russia take Bakhmut, it will be easy for them to seize other cities in Donetsk.

The Chenchens did a very good job in Poposna. After the fall of the city. The regular Russian forces took Severadonestsk and Lisichank within few weeks.

The same is about to play out here. Seizing a fortress is always a nightmare for any military. So to reduce the casualty on the side of Russia. They decided to use PMC Wagner fighters. Russian regular troops are almost not active in Ukraine right now. The moment Wagner seize Bakhmut, you will see them in action. It will be a free way to Kramatorsk and Slovyansk.

Russia is not in a hurry. It aim is to win the war and wreck Ukraine at the same. So the longer the war the better.

Whether it is the Russians that are being grinded in Bakhmut or the Ukrainians. It is not a problem for Russia, because it main forces are still intact.

The financial experts in IMF only make predictions. The prediction may happen and it may not. Never bank on it. It is just like a whether report.

...at least you could have added it took Ukraine + the WEST 8-years to prepare a CONFLICT which the Russians unpreparedly walked into. it just would have been very understandable had the Russians gotten overwhelmed and withdrew BUT for them to still stand victoriously speaks volume. And this their tactics of reducing it's human causalities is kinda amazing.

As for convincing anyOne, not worth it most times because most only sees what they want irrespective of it's truth or not

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
bassdow:

...at least you could have added it took Ukraine + the WEST 8-years to prepare a CONFLICT which the Russians unpreparedly walked into. it just would have been very understandable had the Russians gotten overwhelmed and withdrew BUT for them to still stand victoriously speaks volume. And this their tactics of reducing it's human causalities is kinda amazing.

As for convincing anyOne, not worth it most times because most only sees what they want irrespective of it's truth or not

Thanks @bassdow

Most people don't know how it work. They don't know what fortification is, on the battlefield. I believe after the war, the truth about Russian capability will come out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Karnice600: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
bassdow:

mayBe the Russians want the Ukrainians to think they could recover the city, and when they realize they can't, it would be too late. Just mayBe

I admire the way you help the Russians think.
Full time job.
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Karnice600:

I admire the way you help the Russians think.
Full time job.
Stop embarrassing yourself

Go to reddit

Twitter

YouTube

If you want more I can recommend more.
People of different race and age give their analystical response concerning this war.

There have not been any form of prohibition on opinions or analysis on this war.

The fact that he's yet to respond to your quote shows he has a life outside of nairaland.

So move this taunting out of here.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Karnice600: 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2023
Masterviolence:

Stop embarrassing yourself

Go to reddit

Twitter

YouTube

If you want more I can recommend more.
People of different race and age give their analystical response concerning this war.

There have not been any form of prohibition on opinions or analysis on this war.

The fact that he's yet to respond to your quote shows he has a life outside of nairaland.

So move this taunting out of here.

Go to reddit

Twitter

YouTube

Taaah commot there!
When I began using MySpace, Friendster and yahoo messenger, you were still chasing lizards in the hood.

Nansense and badablu.

1 Like

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 12:36am On Mar 14, 2023
Karnice600:

Go to reddit

Twitter

YouTube

Taaah commot there!
When I began using MySpace, Friendster and yahoo messenger, you were still chasing lizards in the hood.

Nansense and badablu.
Are you talking about softwares that where created between 1999 to early 2000s as if they where created in the 18 century?

C'mon I know you're just a kid masquerading as a 90 years old, and that's the privilege some of you enjoy in this faceless forum.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Appleyard(m): 12:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Hotice085:

Rossified slowpoke so when the Russians soldiers were stealing washing machines, cutleries even pots of soups from Ukrainians after their towns were liberated na propaganda
You are a monkey đŸ”đŸ’ that has been Rossified

No, they stole hairdryers and bathing buckets also, plus their shovels. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Appleyard(m): 12:53am On Mar 14, 2023
BidenDConquerer:

This one corruption (corrupted by propaganda) is beyond redemption grin
I'm referring to the moniker you mentioned.

I tell you. For someone to boldly repeat the propaganda that Russian forces are fighting with shovels, you know that mind is dead to common sense and devoid of independent thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Karnice600: 12:53am On Mar 14, 2023
Masterviolence:

Are you talking about softwares that where created between 1999 to early 2000s as if they where created in the 18 century?

C'mon I know you're just a kid masquerading as a 90 years old, and that's the privilege some of you enjoy in this faceless forum.

I knew you won't get this. 'Chasing lizards in the hood' here simply implies that you were involved and interested in other primitive concerns in your environment, than the global social media space
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Appleyard(m): 1:13am On Mar 14, 2023
olugabbie:

Lol!

So what are they eating now that there is nothing to steal?

Probably Nazis dead bodies.
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by kad199: 6:12am On Mar 14, 2023
BidenDConquerer:

This one corruption (corrupted by propaganda) is beyond redemption grin
I'm referring to the moniker you mentioned.
That guy is gone. Even Nigeria won't send it soldiers out with shovels

2 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Karnice600:

I knew you won't get this. 'Chasing lizards in the hood' here simply implies that you were involved and interested in other primitive concerns in your environment, than the global social media space
Using the word primitive has made you a laughing stock.

And the fact that you said this while having a swallow conversation with someone in a faceless forum shows you haven't learnt any important skill all these years.
And once again stop masquerading as a 90years old when you're a kid, a keyboard happy one
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Hotice085: 7:27am On Mar 14, 2023
Appleyard:

No, they stole hairdryers and bathing buckets also, plus their shovels. grin

Dumb ass, Russian mothers daughters and wives are protesting in Moscow for their sons brothers and husbands being undertrained then send to battlefield to go die like chickens

🩀 POOtin crab like you are here saying nonsense as usual like every other clown đŸ€Ą from POOtin kitchen
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Karnice600: 8:03am On Mar 14, 2023
Masterviolence:

Using the word primitive has made you a laughing stock.

And the fact that you said this while having a swallow conversation with someone in a faceless forum shows you haven't learnt any important skill all these years.
And once again stop masquerading as a 90years old when you're a kid, a keyboard happy one
Guy rest. You dey confuse yourself with English. No be by force.
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
Karnice600:

Guy rest. You dey confuse yourself with English. No be by force.
Next time when you come to this thread make sure you have only two things in mind.

1. To learn
2. To contribute by dropping facts or opinions that are not to be forced on anyone.

For the main time I repeat move your taunting out of here.

1 Like

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by leofab(f): 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
olugabbie:

Well, the Taliban took their country back conventionally. They started by seizing territories outside the capital till they get to the capital. They actually engaged the US & Afghan forces. They were not hiding in the mountain and coming out to attack and go back into hidding-Guerila warfare. They regrouped, came out in large numbers and started seizing cities.

When they got to the capital, they successfully push the US and Afghan troops to the Afghan airport.

Russian style in Syria is destroy the enemy totally. If not for US and Turkish military bases. Russia and Syrian forces would have retaken the entire Syrian territory. The tactic was attack a major city. Surround the city and destroy the enemy totally.

The US was just forcing Taliban to leave cities when they invaded Afghanistan. They were using their heavy equipments (air and ground) to push the Taliban out of cities and not destroy them. They were wary of having heavy casualties. You don't push die hard militant group out of a city and you expect them not to come back. They were supposed to destroy them. Chasing the enemy out of cities will give you a quick victory. But it will become a problem in the future. Because they will always come back. Destroying them takes time, but it will permanently solve them problem. People hail the US troops when they quickly seize territories. But it has alway been the worst tactics ever. So the US failed woefully. There is not excuse.

Former France presidential candidate-La Pen once said he would work with Russia to end terrorism in France when she ran for the presidency the first time. Russia learnt a lot during the 1st & 2nd Chenchen war.
russia is a country who don’t care about collateral damage
 I guess the next time an armed robbers operates around your vicinity the army can move and shell the whole area and if they hit your loved ones in the process.. I hope you’d hail them.
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
leofab:
 I guess the next time an armed robbers operates around your vicinity the army can move and shell the whole area and if they hit your loved ones in the process.. I hope you’d hail them.
Laughing in u.s language grin

2 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 1:45am On Mar 15, 2023
leofab:

Russia has been fighting Ukraine for more than a year. The civilian casualties (death) is less than 50k. Russia only started attacking Ukrainian infrastructure, when the Ukrainians attack the Crimea bridge.

The US on the other side killed 300k civilians in Iraq in less than 2 months. They started attacking civilian infrastructure from day one of the war.

So statistically, the Russia care about civilians more than the US. The difference is that the West are using the media against Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 2:18am On Mar 15, 2023
UKRAINE SOLDIERS WORRY RUSSIANS BEGIN TO 'TASTE VICTORY'

DONETSK OBLAST–Just days before heading back to fight in the Battle of Bakhmut, a Ukrainian soldier Volodymyr, 54, said he felt ill-prepared.

"When they drive us to Bakhmut, I already know I'm being sent to death," Volodymyr told the Kyiv Independent during his brief stay in Kramatorsk, a city in Donetsk Oblast some 25 kilometers west of the front line.

Volodymyr, an infantryman from the 93rd Mechanized Brigade, said he struggled to eat after fighting in Bakhmut for months. He looked shaken as he talked.

For two months, Volodymyr's unit was tasked with guarding Bakhmut against small Russian assault groups creeping into the city. The brigade was constantly under mortar fire as soldiers were outdoors where shrapnels could wound or kill them at any moment.

"(The Russians) keep firing at us, but we don't have artillery – so we have nothing to attack them back with," Volodymyr said. "I don't know if I will return or not. We are just getting killed."

Ukrainian infantrymen interviewed by the Kyiv Independent described the fighting in Bakhmut as a desperate survival challenge against Russia's "infinite" stocks of artillery munitions and manpower. With just their machine guns and rifles, they say they braced relentless Russian mortar and artillery attacks until their hideout was eventually destroyed.

Volodymyr is haunted by the thoughts of his comrades killed in Bakhmut. He recalls a 29-year-old comrade whom he found lying dead after shrapnel hit the young man's head at a position.

"I knew he was dead, but I just kept wrapping his head (with bandages)," Volodymyr said.

Volodymyr's story is far from the only harrowing account of what soldiers face as they defend Bakhmut.

Eight months into the Battle for Bakhmut, Ukraine faces growing concern over the need to defend the ruined city, now nearly empty of its 70,000 residents.

Russians have almost encircled Bakhmut and have entered the city. Ukraine has been clinging to Bakhmut at a high price. Withdrawing from it would give the Kremlin its first major victory since July 2022.

Seizing the ruined city has become a symbolic and political objective for the Kremlin after facing humiliating defeats in late 2022 amid Ukraine's successful counteroffensives.

Speaking to the Kyiv Independent in the nearby town of Kostyantynivka in early March, Senior Lieutenant Oleksandr said he was unaware of any plans to withdraw from Bakhmut but acknowledged that the situation is tense "everywhere."

Russians put enormous pressure to "squeeze out" the Ukrainian troops from Bakhmut, Oleksandr said, with the fiercest fighting raging in the northern part of the city. The lack of munitions and equipment, such as armored personnel carriers, makes it hard to hold on to the city, Oleksandr added.

Russian forces outnumber the Ukrainians two to three times on the Bakhmut front, with approximately 20,000 to 30,000 troops fighting in the area, according to Mykola, a staff sergeant from the 28th Mechanized Brigade.

If Russia keeps up its current pace of attacks, "it could be a few weeks, and that's it," Mykola said about the fight for Bakhmut.

"The situation is now very difficult because they have already felt the taste (of victory in Bakhmut)," Mykola said. "And now they know that there is only a little bit left."

Ukraine's military leadership said that a complete withdrawal from Bakhmut is on the table, but such a decision would only be made if necessary.

As Russia throws more Wagner Group mercenaries to fight in Bakhmut, the tension surrounding the city is at an all-time high.

SOURCE: Kyiv Independent

2 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 2:25am On Mar 15, 2023
BLOODY WARFARE IN BAKHMUT

While Russian casualties on the Bakhmut front are assumed to be very high, Ukraine is also taking heavy losses as it holds on to the city, soldiers' testimonies reveal. NATO intelligence estimates that at least five Russian soldiers were killed for every Ukrainian loss, CNN reported on March 6, citing an unnamed official with the alliance.

Valeriy, a Ukrainian infantryman, says that most of his fallen comrades were fatally wounded by projectile fragments.

"It's a pity that probably 90% of our losses are from artillery – or tanks and aviation," Valeriy told the Kyiv Independent a few hours after leaving the Bakhmut front. "And much less (casualties) from shooting battles."

Valeriy counted that "only a few" of the original 27 members of his platoon got out of the Bakhmut front with him, though he explained that most of them were wounded, not killed.

"The Russians have so many weapons, and there are so many of them," Valeriy said. "They are firing at us all the time. Sometimes, you hear an incoming every second."

Russian forces have intensified their assault on Bakhmut since mid-January after capturing the nearby salt-mining town of Soledar, which sits some 15 kilometers northeast of Bakhmut.

Infantryman Vladyslav from the 58th Independent Motorized Infantry Brigade says many soldiers in his platoon have refused to go to Bakhmut as Russians came closer.

Multiple soldiers from other brigades also said they’ve encountered many "refusers" who did everything not to be deployed back to Bakhmut.

During the last rotation in late February, Vladyslav said that only eight out of 25 soldiers in his platoon headed out to Bakhmut – and the rest said they couldn't go because of sudden fever or body pain.

The eight then headed to a position at a crossroad near the Bakhmutka River, where destroyed houses lined up. The platoon came under heavy Russian mortar fire as soon as they arrived.

Two were killed, and two were severely wounded – one soldier lost his arm, and the other was hit in the stomach by a projectile, Vladyslav said. The rest, including Vladyslav himself, received a severe concussion.

They were all evacuated from Bakhmut that day and lost the position.

Ukrainian soldiers fighting in and around Bakhmut told the Kyiv Independent that Russia's tactics are potent. They locate Ukrainian positions, use mass fire to kill as many as possible, then move forward with infantry, usually also witnessing heavy losses.

Infantryman Vladyslav said that the Russians would usually appear in a group of about five people at night, but they seemed "scared" to launch close-range attacks.

So instead, the Russians would use mass firepower to destroy the houses – where the Ukrainians hid to monitor invading forces – to the point that they were forced to abandon the position to seek another position with better protection, according to Vladyslav.

"They are (now) fighting smartly, too," Vladyslav said.

Some soldiers deployed in Bakhmut said the Russians split into small assault groups of about ten people and launch waves of nearly suicidal attacks. They say that Wagner mercenaries could have been among them, but it was difficult to assess since they all wore similar uniforms.

Maksym, 33, an infantryman from the 5th Separate Assault Brigade, said the Russians also had an established tactic in the southern area near Bakhmut.
The infantryman from Kyiv was deployed on the Ivanivske front, at the southwest outskirts of Bakhmut, throughout February 2023, where fierce fighting rages over a strategic village that sits on one of the key routes into the city.

Relying heavily on drones, the Russians would locate Ukraine's positions in the area. They would then fire multiple rounds of mortar and artillery, which would then be followed by infantry assaults, in an attempt to encircle Ukrainian soldiers, according to Maksym.

If the drones cannot detect Ukrainian positions, the Russians will send a few soldiers to fire gunshots until they hear return fire, according to Maksym.

As brutal as they may be, the Russian tactics have slowly worked and pushed back Maksym's unit by 1.5 kilometers in total throughout February. He said that his unit had to relocate to another position 100-300 meters away every now and then, especially if nearby units began withdrawing and the defense line began to collapse.

According to Maksym, Russia's weapons, such as its Soviet-designed mortars and grenade launchers, might not be accurate, but they are "very effective infantry weapons" when used en masse.

As Russia strives for full-encirclement of Bakhmut by capturing settlements such as Ivanivske, Ukrainian forces are under increasing pressure.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 2:34am On Mar 15, 2023
Like I have mentioned, artillery shells kill more soldiers than any other weapon in this war. The above report from Ukraine source claims 90% of the Ukrainian casualties caused by artillery fire.

They also claimed that they don't have enough amunition and enough artillery to return fire. How does this now correspond to the claimed ratio of Russian casualties to the Ukrainians? Ukraine military claims it is ratio 7:1 in favour of Ukraine and Western media claims it is ratio 5:1 in favour of Ukraine. The Ukrainians are outgunned and outnumbered. It is impossible for them to inflict more casualties of enemy than the enemy is doing to them. Bakhmut is a meat grinder for the Ukrainians not Russia.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by Masterviolence: 9:10am On Mar 15, 2023
olugabbie:
Like I have mentioned, artillery shells kill more soldiers than any other weapon in this war. The above report from Ukraine source claims 90% of the Ukrainian casualties caused by artillery fire.

They also claimed that they don't have enough amunition and enough artillery to return fire. How does this now correspond to the claimed ratio of Russian casualties to the Ukrainians? Ukraine military claims it is ratio 7:1 in favour of Ukraine and Western media claims it is ratio 5:1 in favour of Ukraine. The Ukrainians are outgunned and outnumbered. It is impossible for them to inflict more casualties of enemy than the enemy is doing to them. Bakhmut is a meat grinder for the Ukrainians not Russia.
Leave those drunkard calling themselves Intel

It has been known that artillery shells has killed more soldiers in this war than any weapon.

The tactics the Russians uses is highly effective, once the locate your position they drop as many numbers of shells that they can In other to wipe that assault unit out, and the funny part is Ukrainians don't have even half of that firepower.

Do you remember when Wagner boss Prigozhin posted a video of dead Wagner soldiers and said this is the result of not having enough ammunitions and after a while he posted on his telegram account that the ammunitions his boys needed has arrived.

So tell me how can Ukraine with little to no form of such firepower kill so many Russians in a ratio of 7 to 1.

I know they're trying hard to not reveal the truth because it'll cause a drop in the morale of their soldiers But I see this as foolishness.

In all the Intel bs about this war, the most stupid one is the British Intel they're more foolish than the Ukrainian even though they're all bs, the American Intel is trying to act mature but it seems they use prediction.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by olugabbie(m): 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
WAGNER TOOK FULL CONTROL OF THE AZOM PLANT: YEVGENY PRIGOZHIN

In the northern part of Bakhmut, the fighting is raging in the industrial zone, including on the premises of Artemivsk Non-Ferrous Metals Processing Plant (AZOM), according to the CIT’s report.

The fight for AZOM may soon resemble the siege of the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol, the last Ukrainian stronghold of now fully occupied Mariupol since Bakhmut’s industrial zone is home to many underground fortifications and tunnels, the CIT said.

Yevgeny Prigozhin, who leads the Wagner mercenary group fighting alongside the Russian forces in Ukraine, claimed on March 14 that his troops took “full control” of the AZOM plant.

Prigozhin further claimed in his Telegram post that the fighting still raged in surrounding territories.

Neither the Ukrainian nor Russian authorities commented on the situation at the AZOM plant or reacted to Prigozhin’s claims.

Northwest of Bakhmut, the Russian forces are trying to capture more territories as they launch attacks on the villages of Mynkivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, and Hryhorivka, according to the CIT.

It added that the fighting raged on the northwestern outskirts of Bakhmut.

1 Like

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by fserpent: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2023
leofab:
mentioning talibans show how shallow your mentality is? How can u compare both conventional and guerrilla warfare ?
so guerilla warfare is an excuse for failure, so what if I tell you that the Ukrainian Army have also employed guerilla warfare in parts of Ukraine especially during the early stage of the SMO.

The US failed in Afghanistan, Vietnam and those countries do not have developed militaries like Ukraine, the US failed in Vietnam even with the support of France.

You expect Russia to win a war in one of Eastern Europe most fortified country that has access to one of the biggest military industrial complex from the soviet era and is now being supported actively by the whole of the Europe military industry, but you do not expect the US to win against rag tag jihadist wearing pajamas.

Israel records rocket attacks from hamas almost weekly, the question you should ask yourself is who is Hamas? And why has Israel not attacked Iran since it knows that Hamas is basically an extension of the Iranian military.

War against any nation in its own territory is hard, the US will not enjoy a convenient victory in a war with even the smallest nation in Africa without the use of tactical NW.
Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by BidenDTrounce: 1:43am On Mar 17, 2023
'Bakhmut Meat Grinder': Zelensky PR Stunt or Something More?
"If Zelensky wins, one way or another, the US will stand next to him, pat him on his shoulder and tell him: ‘Good on you. And good on us. This victory was made possible by us'," he said. "And in case of his defeat, they would stand a bit farther from that pedestal and say: 'Well, we helped him, but he failed'."
https://sputniknews.com/20230316/bakhmut-meat-grinder-zelensky-pr-stunt-or-something-more-1108479173.html

1 Like

Re: Update On Bakhmut Front by BidenDTrounce: 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2023
BidenDTrounce:

Not really...
Russia is playing mind games with the morale and psychology of it's Nazi adversaries and Zelensky fell for it.
Russia is also effectively and efficiently. reducing the manpower available for Ukraine simultaneously.
BidenDTrounce:
'Bakhmut Meat Grinder': Zelensky PR Stunt or Something More?
"If Zelensky wins, one way or another, the US will stand next to him, pat him on his shoulder and tell him: ‘Good on you. And good on us. This victory was made possible by us'," he said. "And in case of his defeat, they would stand a bit farther from that pedestal and say: 'Well, we helped him, but he failed'."
https://sputniknews.com/20230316/bakhmut-meat-grinder-zelensky-pr-stunt-or-something-more-1108479173.html
Loss of Artyomovsk may put question mark over Kiev’s control of other cities — MFA

Dmitry Kuleba noted that the situation in Artyomovsk was "emotionally very complicated" for Kiev because of the Ukrainian army’s losses

The loss of the city of Artyomovsk (Ukrainian name - Bakhmut) to Russian forces may produce a situation where other cities that are now under the control of the Ukrainian troops will also become vulnerable, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba has said.

"If Bakhmut falls, then other cities will follow," Kuleba said in an interview to the Ukrainian service of the BBC, published on Friday. "We must fight in Bakhmut as long as we can physically."

Kuleba noted that the situation in Artyomovsk was "emotionally very complicated" for Kiev because of the Ukrainian army’s losses.

He claimed once again that the Western allies were not providing military support to Ukraine quickly enough, because, he argued, they were not ready for a conflict similar in scale to the First World War. Kiev would like the allies to act faster. Kuleba said that Ukraine needed artillery shells from the West in order to send them to Ukrainian units in Artyomovsk first of all. grin grin

https://tass.com/politics/1590239

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Death Of Cartoonist Artist, Drawing Picture Of Islam Prophet (PHOTOS) / Is Anc Leader, President Jacob Zuma The Right Man For The Job / Russian Next-gen 100-ton Nuclear Missile Could Be Test-fired By 2017!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.