Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism (31880 Views)

FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism / Bill Gates Steps Down From Microsoft Board / Bill Gates Plays With Roger Federer, Tennis Legend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by OkoAmarashy: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

Down a mere 2% today. Probably riding the energy wave. We'll see when this plays through..

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/SEPL.L/

If he had indicated intentions to hold on, it would have gone further down.
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by KingAzubuike(f): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parachoko:
He does not have a choice

Is visa have been revoked

His

1 Like

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by Spanki(f): 9:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
2mercy:

?
https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-seplat-ceo-steps-down-over-allegations-of-racism/amp

Previous Thread:
FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism
https://www.nairaland.com/7603052/fg-revokes-seplat-ceo-browns

How did he get into Nigeria He didn't see blacks at the airport

1 Like

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by budaatum: 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkoAmarashy:

Serious matter that went up to the Presidency at a point. Buhari assented to an oil deal and later rescinded assent.
Same fight that scuttled Seplat Mobil oil deal.
Both founders were getting injunctions against each other at a point.

The genesis is that ABC Orjiakor an Igbo man is putting only Igbos in position in Seplat whether qualified or not and Austin Avuru the Confounder from the SS is resisting, insisting on balance.
Orjiakor is picking those loyal to him so that the heists committee while he as at the helm can be kept secret since they're loyal to him.

However, Austin Avuru is from the Niger Delta and has more contacts in the oil industry. He is showing Seplat Hell

You saying, Orjiakor was doing what Mr. Roger Brown has now been accused of?

I guess it's a tactic that a caught thief would accuse his catcher of theft.
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by Voltron007(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parachoko:
You can also relocate to South Sudan or Chad, is none of my business.
I like your energy biko. Those idi0ts defending this white dude because na oyibo have no idea what Nigerians go through in their hands.

5 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by NapoleonHill: 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

Yes he has choices! He can appeal to a higher court. It's not as if he is guilty already after all.

A country where you're not a citizen can send you back home and no court will save you. This is not even a matte of the court.
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by torqque7(m): 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

He likely would, but not because he is not bigger than Nigeria, but because Nigeria might be too small to follow it's own proper legal procedure.

Story…long and short is he has been kicked out so the earlier people like you make peace with the reality the better for you.You can’t come and bully me in my own house.

5 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by sisisioge: 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hmmmm.....how many people are on the board of directors? How many are Nigerians? How many tiers of management do they have? What is the percentage of the local content in it? I believe the allegation is true....he should return to his country biko.

Next should be those Chinese and Indian run factories in Lagos and Ogun state. I cringe at how they treat Nigerians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by EMREX02: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkoAmarashy:

Serious matter that went up to the Presidency at a point. Buhari assented to an oil deal and later rescinded assent.
Same fight that scuttled Seplat Mobil oil deal.
Both founders were getting injunctions against each other at a point.

The genesis is that ABC Orjiakor an Igbo man is putting only Igbos in position in Seplat whether qualified or not and Austin Avuru the Confounder from the SS is resisting, insisting on balance.
Orjiakor is picking those loyal to him so that the heists committee while he as at the helm can be kept secret since they're loyal to him.

However, Austin Avuru is from the Niger Delta and has more contacts in the oil industry. He is showing Seplat Hell

Stop telling lies on a public forum.

9 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by budaatum: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
NapoleonHill:

A country where you're not a citizen can send you back home and no court will save you. This is not even a matte of the court.

In Nigeria, perhap, and in countries that don't obey their own laws. In most countries, your visa is not revoked without due process.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by budaatum: 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
torqque7:

Story…long and short is he has been kicked out so the earlier people like you make peace with the reality the better for you.You can’t come and bully me in my own house.

After all, it's in your own house where you must be the bully?
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by ppogba: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
EMREX02:

Give us the true version if you have any idea. Atimes, people get educated from discussions like this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by OkoAmarashy: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
EMREX02:

Stop arguing foolishly like a blockhead.
Austin Avuru granted an interview in Businessday, go and read it.
He was to release a book before Orjiakor got an injunction to prevent him from releasing the book.
You should shut up when people like us are talking.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by JaskanFactor: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
dont fight white man in his country you will loose, they own Africa.
Take your discrimination and turn the other chick , its still better than northern Nigeria where the Europeans are sending terrorists to kill people in their homes.

Cause if you are not comfortable with slaving to white man in this world, better not plan to have mouths to feed.
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by sweetgala(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

Your sentiment, I suppose. Unfortunately for you, he does not have to do what you want and can have his day in court against the ministry if he wants to.

If you are in the UK on visa and the home office send you a letter to attend meeting say you don't have to go and watch them revoke your visa. A visa is given at the discretion of the minister of the interior and can be revoked under similar discretion

4 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by MightySparrow: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
2mercy:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-seplat-ceo-steps-down-over-allegations-of-racism/amp

Previous Thread:
FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism
https://www.nairaland.com/7603052/fg-revokes-seplat-ceo-browns

Nonsense allegation. Gone are the days an Igbo man would be vice chancellor in University of Ibadan or Lagos .
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by OkoAmarashy: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
ppogba:

Give us the true version if you have any idea. Atimes, people get educated from discussions like this.

Don't mind the idiot. He probably got agitated when I mentioned that Orjiakor was recruiting only Igbos into Seplat and forcing others out so as to cover his misdeeds.

Orjiakor wants to use tribalism to force a South South man out, meanwhile Seplat operates in the South South. Austin is showing him shege.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by budaatum: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
sweetgala:

If you are in the UK on visa and the home office send you a letter to attend meeting say you don't have to go and watch them revoke your visa. A visa is given at the discretion of the minister of the interior and can be revoked under similar discretion

After UK revokes your visa, which will not ever be immediately, you still will have 28 days to appeal. After all, your non-attedance might be because a bus hit you on the way to the Home Office and ended you up in hospital.

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk

3 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by Pinterest: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkoAmarashy:

Stop arguing foolishly like a blockhead.
Austin Avuru granted an interview in Businessday, go and read it.
He was to release a book before Orjiakor got an injunction to prevent him from releasing the book.
You should shut up when people like us are talking.

You should know that person is Ibo. They think everyone is against them when you tell the truth about their kinsmen.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by OkoAmarashy: 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

You saying, Orjiakor was doing what Mr. Roger Brown has now been accused of?

I guess it's a tactic that a caught thief would accuse his catcher of theft.

This issue Roger Brown is having, I suspect it's from Austin's people. Actually, Roger Brown was brought into the system by Orjiakor. Roger Brown was not brought in as CEO then.
Roger Brown

The thing is that in this Seplat fight, Orjiakor has control of the Management of Seplat as he has kicked most of the independent-minded guys and non-Igbos out. However, Austin has connect with Regulators. Whenever Seplat is caught sleeping, the hammer falls.

Austin is the oil guy, Orjiakor is a Surgeon who just stumbled on the oil biz. Then, tribal politics between the SS and SE is a major factor here.

5 Likes

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by ponziponzi(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

After UK revokes your visa, which will not ever be immediately, you still will have 28 days to appeal. After all, your non-attedance might be because a bus hit you on the way to the Home Office and ended you up in hospital.

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk

Yea, like they did in Windrush scandal.
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by ppogba: 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkoAmarashy:

Don't mind the idiot. He probably got agitated when I mentioned that Orjiakor was recruiting only Igbos into Seplat and forcing others out so as to cover his misdeeds.

Orjiakor wants to use tribalism to force a South South man out, meanwhile Seplat operates in the South South. Austin is showing him shege.

Really?
Despite my being grounded and always interested in news that can go a long way in determining the performances of companies shares, I am surprised and shocked that I know next to nothing concerning this Seplat issue.
Perhaps, something close to the one at Oando between Alhaji Manga and Deji Tinubu.
Bottom line is, most quoted companies on the NGX that are in the oil sector have war in their board rooms.
For the idiot that is tribalistically agitated because you mentioned a name that seem to ruffle his feathers, you should know by now that most tribal fools on this forum are nothing but empty barrel that can barely engage in meaningful argument aside the ones that gives them.the opportunity to insult others.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by Kobicove(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Good riddance!
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by SUNNINO(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Buhari, Wike,El Rufai and Okowa did worse than this man in their administration as president and governors respectively.
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by budaatum: 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2023

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by tshtsh: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Do you know he was invited twice and failed to show up?
Forget the media. It was just a ploy to kick him out. They did same to their former CEO (Austin avuru) and kicked him out of the board. What was the racist atrocity that he committed ? I'm not holding brief for him but if its Seplat that I know its a dog-eat-dog company. Very political and an even unhealthy place for young professionals. Same Roger Brown that was the CFO for many years and prior to that a consultant who helped the company raise finance in its early days. The stakeholders want a corrupt CEO that will open the vault for them. That company is a mealticket to a number of NNPC workers, NPDC and NAPIMS workers. If you carry out a survey I wont be surprised if up to 90% of their staff got in via nepotism as all the people I know there are fond of saying say they got in through the chairman (ABC Orjiakor) or through the MD (Austin Avuru).

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by ppogba: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
MightySparrow:

Nonsense allegation. Gone are the days an Igbo man would be vice chancellor in University of Ibadan or Lagos .

Professor Dike that was the first at UI was imposed by Nnamdi Azikiwe.

The history of the acrimony between the two tribes cannot be complete without the mention of that saga.
I do not want to start another tribal war on this issue. Especially as it will be most likely hijacked by people that knows nothing and can never know.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by budaatum: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
ponziponzi:

Yea, like they did in Windrush scandal.

There's a reason it is called a "scandal" that they are paying compensation for.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-windrush-compensation-scheme

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by HardMirror(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

Your sentiment, I suppose. Unfortunately for you, he does not have to do what you want and can have his day in court against the ministry if he wants to.
the person you are arguing with does not have your intellectual capacity. Out of 100 people 98 are stupid. I am here on nairaland to catch cruise. Let that idiot be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by SpeakUp1010: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Very good.
There is a company in Sagamu, Ogun state called Celplas. They are the worst.
Using human like goat, yet, no one can speak. Pls, those who are on Twitter should drag them for thier inhuman treatment
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by MadarasBlade(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
OkoAmarashy:

You don't understand what's happening in Seplat.
Roger is just a pawn in the game.

Seplat has been having various legal issues for a while. Both founders are fighting and taking themselves to court.

I thought Abc orjiakor was the founder and ceo, who's the white man again?
Re: Roger Brown Steps Down As Seplat CEO Over Allegations Of Racism by NapoleonHill: 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
budaatum:

In Nigeria, perhap, and in countries that don't obey their own laws. In most countries, your visa is not revoked without due process.

Even if due process is what you're looking for, go and read the backstory. This guy failed to respond to the invitation of the ministry twice claiming he was busy, after all the weighty allegations dangling around his neck.

What else should this guy do to be sent packing?

Have you worked with some of these foreign nationals before?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire Guts Ladipo Market, Lagos (video) / Lagos Government To Relocate Computer Village To ICT Park Katangowa / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.