Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) (46711 Views)

China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) / Lagos: Africa's Largest City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by AngelicBeing: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Brainmytool:
This cost South Africa a total of 555 million dollars.

And,

Someone in Nigeria said he needs 1.3 billion dollars to conduct WHAT HE CALLED CENSUS.
A Census dat will not create any Job Opportunity. Someone just voted their replica in the person of Tinubu. Shame on Nigerians. They will embezzle ur donated and borrowed 1.3 billion USD nothing will happen. Because u are hate filled, Tribalistic and Cornfused.
Shame on Voters of APC and PDP.
Shame on Tribal Bigots.
Shame on Educated Young fools.
Shame on Roadside beegers.
Shame on Every Nigerian.

SHAME SHAME SHAME....... SHAME!!!
Gbamsulotely, and shame on those who vote for their oppressors, l can't imagine someone voting for a Party that has emasculated and subjected them to extreme poverty and hardship, Chai sad
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by shortgun(m): 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Enugu State can achieve this
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Thomasankara(m): 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
[/color]Lagos can do it[color=#770077]
padi94:
This is development... Nigeria can't ever carryout sug a project. Project like this are either state or local driven. With Nigeria sharing formular no one state can conceive such a project. Cos no one generates enough income to do this. All of them wants to chop from FG pocket
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Truthdeypain: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
haybhi1:

You have no idea how much dumb you sound, regarding technicality.
SA population census in 2011 cost 1+ billion, for a population less than 52 million people.
US last population took place 2020, and it cost 14+ billion dollars. Quit revelling in ignorance.

Make una dey use una sense wella na abeg. I'm begging you. No be everything be emotion and attack or backlash-demanding.
Ok, what have you gained in disreputing and libeling your country now? Just likes and shares! Now to what end and use?
Which country on earth is perfect, WannaHowzit will never bring his country's flaws into the light for you, but quick to bring the beauty, an action I don't bemoan.

Please supporting Obi is not supposed to be an outright invitation to forget your use of brain na. Write in a paper and post on your wall, 'I will use my brain henceforth'. You may start observing changes in your thoughts, actions, and life consequently. Ire o.

I am truly sorry but the bolded suggests you are not very emotionally or intellectually sound.

The bolded argument is stale because only true patriots are quick to condemn and criticize their nation where faulty and also give accolades where necessary, we can agree that the dude you quoted and indeed most of us truth sayers handle this delicate responsibility well.

However for you to suggest people turn a blind eye on the evils of their country, coupled with the very hypocrisy of the fact that you are either a beneficiary of this evil to start with or you harbour ethnic sentiments, you are not in any way objective because if you were you will not celebrate evil, injustice and misgovernance

By the way have you seen what democracy does to nations overseas even in Africa, people speak freely of their governments all the time, its the job of a true patrit to call and condemm evils being committed by his country and not to condone and cover it because it favours him and his tribesmen.

4 Likes

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by samwillyco1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
APC Government hope una dey see
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Thomasankara(m): 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2023
[/color]I hope any disaster this artificial beach may cause in the future, is well conceived and planned against🤔[color=#770077]
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
This is not beach but a big swimming pool

1 Like

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by nedekid: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
Brainmytool:

And,

Someone in Nigeria said he needs 1.3 billion dollars to conduct WHAT HE CALLED CENSUS.
A Census dat will not create any Job Opportunity. Someone just voted their replica in the person of Tinubu. Shame on Nigerians. They will embezzle ur donated and borrowed 1.3 billion USD nothing will happen. Because u are hate filled, Tribalistic and Cornfused.
Shame on Tribal Bigots.
Shame on Every Nigerian.

They even asked for citizens to donate for the census. undecided

1 Like

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by sonnie10: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
iyatrustee:

Very true.

Also our tourism industry isn't lucrative to generate returns on any such investment. A good example is Tinapa

What exactly was in Tinapa that would have attracted tourists?
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Eriokanmi: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
Yahaya bello is such a useless and visionless man. E get why
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by ubimagos: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
The Landlocked got me but some of our people from similar geographical zone dey go Lagos go make problems with the indigenous dwellers.

1 Like

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by highchief1: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
Stargangz:
If not for xenophobic and gun violence, south africa would have been one of the best place to live in the world.
if u stay away from trouble u don’t have a problem with SA.
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Whoknowsme: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
Tourist site for tourists. Watch and see how the beach becomes a beehive for tourist thereby generating funds for them.
This is what Nigeria a whole giant of Africa country ought to have achieved.
If not for the selfishness of our politicians and some gullible Nigerians who see them as their demigod, we'd have achieved far than this.
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by WolvyX5: 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
Looks like an oversized swimming pool. Nice concept though cool
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by kayo80(m): 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
"Made-Made?"
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Flier: 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
keymatt:
Youth of Nigeria see how South Africa is developing fast like a European country? Can we afford to allow old thieves ruin our country Nigeria and end up like Somalia? Time to #TakeBackNaija!
Just compare Lagos ruled by thieves and Anambra ruled by saint and pass the Judgement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by omoluka: 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
WannaHowzit:
I like this xenophobic beach grin
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by ElSudani: 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
A group of Nigerians went there and soon started referring to south Africans as lazy people. South Africans got mad and started attacking them and then the Nigerians started started accusing the South Africans of xenophobia.
This set of Nigerians have done the same thing in several African and Asian countries.

3 Likes

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by 3seriez(m): 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
Cool spot. So how are they going to be cleaning and recycling the water.
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Isabi4lov: 5:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
I would love to be there with my honey pie 🥰
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by biaframaster200: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
Is this a beach or swimming pool
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by treatise: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
WannaHowzit:
South Africa has opened the continent's biggest man-made beach, which is purported to be seven times bigger than a football field.

The beach opened in landlocked Johannesburg and is part of the $551 million Munyaka Development, featuring 5,020 residences and 4,200 jobs.

Baldwin Properties launched the project, and it is expected that 4,200 new jobs will be created throughout the development.

The development contains around 30,000 square meters of the crystal-clear lagoon and is the largest in the southern hemisphere.

https://yen.com.gh/real-estate/229403-south-africa-opens-biggest-man-beach-7-times-size-a-football-field/
This can be replicated in sabisa forest grin. The incoming vice president should take note.
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by creolehunt: 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
haybhi1:

SA population census in 2011 cost 1+ billion, for a population less than 52 million people.
US last population took place 2020, and it cost 14+ billion dollars. Quit revelling in ignorance.

Make una dey use una sense wella na abeg. I'm begging you. No be everything be emotion and attack or backlash-demanding.
Ok, what have you gained in disreputing and libeling your country now? Just likes and shares! Now to what end and use?
Which country on earth is perfect, WannaHowzit will never bring his country's flaws into the light for you, but quick to bring the beauty, an action I don't bemoan.

Please supporting Obi is not supposed to be an outright invitation to forget your use of brain na. Write in a paper and post on your wall, 'I will use my brain henceforth'. You may start observing changes in your thoughts, actions, and life consequently. Ire o.

And if I ask what's Obis business with your post or the guys post now, you'll delve into rhetorics.
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by wolebest: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Brainmytool:

And,

Shame on Tribal Bigots.
Shame on Every Nigerian.

No give yourself BP issues on Nigeria matter.
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by creolehunt: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Nobody ever called South Africa heaven but let's be honest,no country in Africa comes close...not by a long stretch.

Until you see what's happening in North Africa
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by SmallDick99(m): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
padi94:
This is development... Nigeria can't ever carryout sug a project. Project like this are either state or local driven. With Nigeria sharing formular no one state can conceive such a project. Cos no one generates enough income to do this. All of them wants to chop from FG pocket
Nigeria must be restructured before it gets too late.

Are the people in government not seeing that the country can't work like this? sad

1 Like

Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by Voiceofthestree: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
haybhi1:

Shup up who census help?
Re: Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) by YorubaSamurai: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2023
Shithole xenophobic country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Legitimate Jobs Nigerians Do In Turkey / Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet: The World’s Cheapest Private Jet. (photos) / About our trip to the Lekki Conservation Center, Lekki.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.