Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? (5035 Views)

LP- An Igbo Woman Won Won House Of Reps In Lagos / Labour Party's Ireti Kingibe Unseats Philip Aduda To Win FCT Senatorial Seat / Bashir Ahmad: Peter Obi Is Complaining That We Didnt Qualify For World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2023
ayinba1:
Nobody is complaining because she has not been disrespectful to the locals. This is quite easy. The GRV guy may be Yoruba but he is against the interest of Yoruba and has shown it. He participated in ENDSARS which resulted in civic disorder and a huge financial loss to the government and you don’t see a problem with this? Are these kids or just clueless folks here?

They are clueless folks actually. They are mainly adults whose brains stopped developing since they were 5 years old.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2023
tamdun:

Mr go and sit down,this isn't the first time an Igbo man will contest in lagos and some actually won,go to Lagos civil service you'll see a lot of igbo working there,no body hates youl,we have other tribes in Lagos too and we don't have problem with them,better check yourselve

They suffer from self imposed partial amnesia. They only want to remember what suits their narratives. They're so entertaining in their stvpidity though.

1 Like

Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by Okwyjesus(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2023
Crimecity:
I haven't seen any Igbos want to takeover Abuja tweets since LP won Senatorial, HOR and presidential election in Abuja.

YORUBAs are worst in tribal bigotry. Something they carry to church. You will soon hear from them in this govt if Tinubu succeed.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2023
femmygold:

The problem here is, tell us how many other tribes that have taken any political position in any of the states in the east?
Please can you tell us any other tribes that have taken political positions in Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Kwara and Ogun states.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by ObaOfYorubaLand: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
aljharem:
because no yoruba is shouting Abuja is no man's land

I don't see yorubas saying only them voted for her.

You bastards are ingrates. You like to incite crises.

You are still fighting Peter Obi for making a Yoruba woman the senator representing fct.

Abuja people are not complaining about it but you lousy Yoruba's keep ranting and even prevent Igbo's from voting in their country.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by MyChoice1: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Difrent:

Its greed and envy thats putting the wicked and malicious idea of calling Lagos no mans Land in the head of igbos.
I jusy pity Yorubas forming woke with political matters. Igbos dont do that. Cant you see how almost 100% igbos voted Obi?
Voting Obi has nothing to do with tribe but competence. Igbos know good market.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2023
Offpointng:

Lmao Pain me? How? grin

Whatever you have to rant doesn't change the fact that our Kings, Governors, Senators and Land owner are all Yorubas. So you can keep ranting No man's land for all I care, it doesn't change what's originally there grin

Why then are you people burning Igbo markets in the middle of the night if your Kings and leaders are all Yorubas?
Fearful cowards cheesy

Ordinary say LP won Lagos, hate fill una mind.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2023
Difrent:

Its greed and envy thats putting the wicked and malicious idea of calling Lagos no mans Land in the head of igbos.
I jusy pity Yorubas forming woke with political matters. Igbos dont do that. Cant you see how almost 100% igbos voted Obi?
Why won't Igbos vote Obi almost 100% this time around?
1. Igbos have been voting non Igbos even when their kinsman is on the ballot,
2. Before now, it was believed that Igbos are not united politically and others use it against them,
3. Obi has a track record of saving a lot of money for his successor,
5. Obi is seen as a credible man of integrity,
5. Obi is seen as relatively young compared to other major contenders and equally competent,
6. Other tribes believe it is the turn of the Igbo to produce Nigeria's president. So if other detribalized tribes who believe in One Nigeria, equity and justice are voting Peter Obi because it is Igbos' turn and Obi is credible, why should Igbos not vote him almost 100%?
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by tammie24: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Oga Lagos na no man's land, there is nothing any bastard afonja can do about it.

Do anyhow and see anyhow, cowards.

If na that one dey pain una, make e pain una till eternity grin

As e dey sweet me, make e dey pain you cheesy
you see am?

Make I help you free this your comment

Saturday is on the way
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by mancoconut: 10:43am On Mar 11, 2023
elnegrodeafriqu:

because Yorubas are reasonable enough not to start showing themselves and screaming "Abuja is no man's land". Also, she's contedted many times and lost. Yorubas in Abuja didn't start screaming "they hate us and want to marginalize us".
But your brothers claim Labor party is an "Ipob party", so a yoruba woman ran on the ticket of an Ipob party and won a senate seat in the FCT right?
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:44am On Mar 11, 2023
tammie24:
you see am?

Make I help you free this your comment

Saturday is on the way

Oga vote whoever you want, I don't give a hoot about Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by tammie24: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2023
nnamdi640:
You should know that we vote for the best, irrespective the tribes, we voted for Obj massively, we voted for Yar Adua massively, we voted for Gej massively, the one we refused to vote for was Buhari because we knew that he will become a disaster now see what the country is going through just because of his bad policies and am sure that Tinubu own will be worst. We don't vote based on tribalism or emotion. We vote without considering what others are saying, so don't see it as a tribal act.
you guys should have realized by now that your vote don't have any meaning

You claim to have voted for all these people and they won

The ones you did not vote for still won

So make una dey rest abeg
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by flokii: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2023
She is omoluabi married to a Northerner.. reason the Gwaris might not really agitate that much.

If she is wise, she should draw the Gwaris close and serve their interests at all fronts.. all her SAs and appointees should be 90% Gwaris
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by tammie24: 10:53am On Mar 11, 2023
nnamdi640:
Lol envy will kill some people, beside your oba confirmed that the real owner of Lagos is Buni people, so why are you guys so much in pain towards Igbos if not envy.
oya go make bini people oba of Lagos nah

You wey sabi
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2023
Crimecity:
I haven't seen any Igbos want to takeover Abuja tweets since LP won Senatorial, HOR and presidential election in Abuja.

It's the same LP they are now calling Igbo party that gave her the win. Fear who no fear Yoruba people.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by tammie24: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Oga vote whoever you want, I don't give a hoot about Lagos.
I meant to say frame your comment

And yes you give a flying duck about Lagos

Yet your region is a giant mess
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by Lifestone(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2023
nnamdi640:
Lol envy will kill some people, beside your oba confirmed that the real owner of Lagos is Buni people, so why are you guys so much in pain towards Igbos if not envy.
Dahomey was once under the Yorubas before, does it means they are still Yoruba colony today. Okuta in Baruba was the capital of the Old Oyo Empire before it was conquered by the Barubas, does that make the town Yoruba.
Help yourself with some history
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by nonhuman(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2023
helinues:
Lol

Go and check the top 5 political positions in Nigeria and see how SW occupied 3.

Everything no be about chest beating, the learners need to catch up
is this all what you cared, little man
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by DesChyko: 11:35am On Mar 11, 2023
ayinba1:
The GRV guy may be Yoruba but he is against the interest of Yoruba and has shown it. He participated in ENDSARS which resulted in civic disorder and a huge financial loss to the government

So, SARS extortion is in line with the interest of Yorubas?

Or is it the interest of Yorubas to cower down in the face of oppression?

It's funny how GRV himself is a Lagosian through and through by origin, but it is people who have roots elsewhere that are passing judgement on his 'qualification' to vie for the Number 1 seat in Lagos.

We come to Lagos, pay for rights to own properties here, pay for rights to own businesses here; yet you deem it fit we are grabbers in a place you even pay just as we do to exist here.

I'm sorry but you migrants seem incapable of complete thoughts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by 9gerian: 11:46am On Mar 11, 2023
tamdun:

Mr go and sit down,this isn't the first time an Igbo man will contest in lagos and some actually won,go to Lagos civil service you'll see a lot of igbo working there,no body hates youl,we have other tribes in Lagos too and we don't have problem with them,better check yourselve
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by obembet(f): 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
Crimecity:

Let Yoruba man win local government chairman in Anambra
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by 4mable: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
Did u hear any Yoruba Say, Na Yoruba get Abuja, If I tell you what some of my colleagues are saying just because They had majority of votes in the presidential elections in Lagos? you will never vote for them in future polls. But am sure sensible Nigerians would continue doing what is right devoid of ethnic or religious bias.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by 4mable: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
Okwyjesus:

YORUBAs are worst in tribal bigotry. Something they carry to church. You will soon hear from them in this govt if Tinubu succeed.

He has succeed, you and I would enjoy this government
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by nnamdi640: 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2023
tammie24:
you guys should have realized by now that your vote don't have any meaning

You claim to have voted for all these people and they won

The ones you did not vote for still won

So make una dey rest abeg
Do you think your people vote is relevant too. Remove Lagos and see how irrelevant your vote are. Without rigging from ApC and pdp, Lp would have won.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by nnamdi640: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Naa these kind talk they triggers tribalism, there is no sector that igbos have a lead over the yorubas. Igbos make so much noise about Business and money but on forbes list, 1 to 5 hausas have two richest while yorubas have 3 richest mogul

When it comes to entertainment, the igbos are behind yoruba. the greatest musician to come out of Nigeria is fela kuti pioneer of afro beat the world is celebrating today

When it comes to religion, the 2nd largest church in west africa is own by a yoruba man, mention top 5 pastors in Nigeria and yorubas will take 3 slot @least.

When it comes to education, the states with highest PHD is in the west ..Ekiti

talk of the richest culture & traditions naa yoruba, So why will any reasonable yoruba person envy the igbos.

Your don't use such to justify how wealthy a tribe is, because one drop of water can't form a mighty ocean. In term of numbers of thugs we all know the tribe with the highest, so don't come here and preach trash. If you think your tribe is more successful then why did they sold almost all of their lands, why did they embrace thuggery, there is no bustop you will entered without seeing omonile shouting ' Owo mi da'.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by nnamdi640: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
elnegrodeafriqu:

You guys need special research on how your brains work (if it's availabe, that is). Everyone is lazy apart from yiibos, and everyone is envious of yiibos (people always wish to have 2 by 2 shops and hawk gala, i see). I don't know the substance that causes delusion, but I know it is readily available in abundance in the akpu you bums love eating.
Why are you guys now vibrating like mad peopl* that Igbos want to take over Lagos
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by Offpointng: 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Why then are you people burning Igbo markets in the middle of the night if your Kings and leaders are all Yorubas?
Fearful cowards cheesy

Ordinary say LP won Lagos, hate fill una mind.

Ion encourage the burning of people's properties but why always cry the victim when y'all are the first to sow the seed of discord?? I thought y'all claim to develop Lagos? Now Yorubas are burning the development and y'all crying foul, shey I thought you Helped us with development?? If you helped us, then you should not have problems with what's going on atm. Where in the world is a "No Man's land"??

My Candid advice to y'all Igbos is to calm down and be Humble. Some of the Biggest Industries with much Labour force employment in Lagos is Dangote, Bua et al and No Hausa is claiming this rubbish y'all are claiming . The Trade fair, Alaba, Ladipo market Lagos is helping y'all make money is what is making y'all boast and call development?? I can only help ya with Pity atm
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by BigIyanga: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Crimecity:

Which Mr P Psquare called "Lagos No man's land?

Una go just open mouth waa
But your Brymo called the whole Igbo people bigot and tribalist because of elections??
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by SenatePresdo(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
Offpointng:

Ion encourage the burning of people's properties but why always cry the victim when y'all are the first to sow the seed of discord?? I thought y'all claim to develop Lagos? Now Yorubas are burning the development and y'all crying foul, shey I thought you Helped us with development?? If you helped us, then you should not have problems with what's going on atm. Where in the world is a "No Man's land"??

My Candid advice to y'all Igbos is to calm down and be Humble. Some of the Biggest Industries with much Labour force employment in Lagos is Dangote, Bua et al and No Hausa is claiming this rubbish y'all are claiming . The Trade fair, Alaba, Ladipo market Lagos is helping y'all make money is what is making y'all boast and call development?? I can only help ya with Pity atm

So because igbos said they developed Lagos, that would warrant to burning their markets?

Nigerians developed Lagos, and not Yorubas.
I still maintain that.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by orisa37: 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
GOOD LUCK TO HER. I WISH HER GOD'S WISDOM AND DISCERNING SPIRIT.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by orisa37: 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
MAY THE IGBO WOMAN LOOKING FOR HUSBAND IN FRANCE SUCCEED IJN AMEN.
Re: A Yoruba Woman Won FCT Senatorial Seat & Nobody Is Complaining. Why? by FisifunKododada: 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
Crimecity:

Excuses upon excuses.

Who told you that she didn't?

I challenge you to backup your statement with evidence

The burden of proof is on YOU to post a video where she called Abuja 'a no man's land.'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News- Tinubu Opens Up Borders To All Type Of Food Import . / Fuel Subsidy: Our Members Are Marginalised In Palliative Distribution – PWDs Cry / SDP Accuses Kogi CP Of Partisanship Amidst Tribunal Tension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.