Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos (1422 Views)

Lagos No Man's Land? Lagos To Reclaim Their Lands From Igbos And Others / Ijaw Hoisting The Flag Of APC On Their Land (Photos) / Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by ekolobaba: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2023
I am a full blooded Igbo man, but I believe the Yoruba's need to rise up and defend their identity, land, and culture. It's unfortunate to say this, but the truth needs to be said by someone. We, the Igbo's, can no longer continue to be territorial in another mans land. We go to a place, they welcome us with an open hand, we establish there and prosper and the only way to show appreciation to them is to declare their land a "no man's land" How is this possible? Every land has indigenes.

What the Yoruba's are tolerating even though the Igbo's will not tolerate the same in our land. Why is it possible I can move to Lagos or any Yoruba land and willfully acquire any choice land at any part of Yoruba land as long as I have the means yet we cannot accord the same opportunity and privilege to Yoruba's in Igbo land? In my place, no matter how much a Yoruba man is willing to buy land, that land will not be sold to him.

There is a serious need for equity from all sides. The Yoruba's must be accorded what they accord us. The Yoruba's must demand what is theirs. In Igbo land, Igbo's speak with one voice, and foreigners can not influence things in our land. If we have Eze Igbo in Yoruba land, why then can't we have Oba of Yoruba in Igbo land? Yoruba's must stand up and defend that which is theirs. The liberality of the Yoruba's must be reciprocated by others. You can easily be a house of assembly member in Yoruba land even as an Igbo man or Akwa Ibom person, but can we say the same in Igbo land?

You people must rise and defend what is yours. Elections in your land can not continue to be decided by foreigners. It cannot happen in my place, so why would you Yoruba's allow it? Being too nice is foolishness. Defend what is yours now or forever lose it."

https://twitter.com/akerele_s/status/1634534521579139073?s=46&t=cDvmaODjfVry7evXWsXd0A

A good and honest Igbo man like me. We’re the future of Ndi Igbos.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Batman01: 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
Who

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Luckylife(m): 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
I just checked your profile ,am not surprised.

7 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by HONESTFACT101(m): 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2023
This one is trying to trend,
very soon he'll tell you that they dont allow girls in "HIS SO CALLED PLACE" to marry NON IGBOS ......signing out✈

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Dreal1247: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2023
I wonder what these lapdogs and cyber warriors are receiving to keep dishing out divisive statements to please their paymasters. Mark my words, you are labouring in vain. Everybody knows the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by raskymonojendor: 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2023

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Totilopussylick(m): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
Oba of Yoruba in Igbo land?

The oba of Yoruba in Yoruba land obviously add no value in the lives of the Yorubas tongue
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by SLAP44: 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2023
Joblessness

Peter Obi will solve this problem of Internet trolling by giving the youths a lot of jobs when he becomes president by May 2023.

Offloading my 3rd container in Onitsha today.

6 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by mployer(m): 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2023
Igbos are not even bothered about you guys and your politics.

They only come out, vote and go about their businesses.

Yes, they have a right to vote their choice. If you value their votes, solicit for it, not demand for it.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Laggafin: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
Has Nigerian constitution changed? I mean who is dis one yaning dust!! Balablu weed de work wonders shocked

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Rexxie234(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
If i am to buy lagos with $999billion wouldn't they sell it

5 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by flokii: 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
This OP is an honest Igbo man.. very rare to find his type.

I have always maintained that Yorubas are docile..It's even getting worse by the day with the ITKs who feel they know better than the rest.

How will someone cross river Niger, cross over 1000 miles into another person's region and still be insulting the inhabitants of the place.. Is it fo0lishness or pride cos it's sickening.

In Igboland, you can't buy land there.. even with your millions, who born you?
You a Yoruba or Hausa will go and cast vote in their place.. for why na? They will ask you for your compound and investigate well. Even fellow Igbos they tag Osus can't get elected.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by JASONjnr(m): 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
Another political war incited and impelled on tribal ground..

Leaving Nigerians from two regions to fight themselves.....

Since the gubernatorial election in Lagos took massive support for the LP candidate.... Yorubas started talking about Lagos origin and it's evolution.... And who needs to stay or go home....

We will understand that we're all fooling ourselves and the disunity is why we're backward in development.....

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by FisifunKododada: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
With okoros you have to remind them frequently that they are strangers. This is what the Northerners do to them, that's why they will never try this nonsense in Kano. Once in a while let them know...what's up. That's it.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Bridget95(f): 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
There is freedom of choice in a democracy.
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by JOemmy(m): 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Total rubbish I doubt this writer is really igbo might be an afonja impersonating as an igbo man. Have any prominent igbo person or reputable Igbo group ever come out openly to claim that lagos is a no man's land? Why use the words of very few individuals to judge a whole tribe? For saying that igbos don't sell land to yorubas and that yorubas don't have any oba in igboland clearly gives this writer away as an imposter who doesn't know anything about the south east

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by OmoAseleGege(m): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Now politicians have succeeded in dividing the youth with their game plan.
Before the 2023 Presidential election, the problem used to be Hausa/Fulani against Ibo or Yoruba, but it's now Yoruba and Ibo.
Ibo lives peacefully among Yoruba in Lagos before now with no problem, but now Ibo are seeing Yoruba as unaccommodating and hostile while Yoruba is seeing Ibo as proud visitors that want to take their land.

The election will come and go as usual, Obi will visit Tinubu, and Tinubu will call Obi his brother but the enmity they create between the two tribes will remain for a very long time

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Karemarealty288(m): 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
Op you are a lazy jobless man. Did Igbos steal land or grab land from Yorubas? They paid for their land and develop. Who is dragging ownership of Lagos with Yorubas? Pls go and get a life.
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
The op is a TINUBU slave. My girlfriend is a Yoruba Christian. . A Yoruba Muslim gave me my first job after youth service.I don't hate Yoruba
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Abuventure: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
[Igbo doesn't produce mescreants I doubt you are an Igbo quote author=ekolobaba post=121660612]I am a full blooded Igbo man, but I believe the Yoruba's need to rise up and defend their identity, land, and culture. It's unfortunate to say this, but the truth needs to be said by someone. We, the Igbo's, can no longer continue to be territorial in another mans land. We go to a place, they welcome us with an open hand, we establish there and prosper and the only way to show appreciation to them is to declare their land a "no man's land" How is this possible? Every land has indigenes.

What the Yoruba's are tolerating even though the Igbo's will not tolerate the same in our land. Why is it possible I can move to Lagos or any Yoruba land and willfully acquire any choice land at any part of Yoruba land as long as I have the means yet we cannot accord the same opportunity and privilege to Yoruba's in Igbo land? In my place, no matter how much a Yoruba man is willing to buy land, that land will not be sold to him.

There is a serious need for equity from all sides. The Yoruba's must be accorded what they accord us. The Yoruba's must demand what is theirs. In Igbo land, Igbo's speak with one voice, and foreigners can not influence things in our land. If we have Eze Igbo in Yoruba land, why then can't we have Oba of Yoruba in Igbo land? Yoruba's must stand up and defend that which is theirs. The liberality of the Yoruba's must be reciprocated by others. You can easily be a house of assembly member in Yoruba land even as an Igbo man or Akwa Ibom person, but can we say the same in Igbo land?

You people must rise and defend what is yours. Elections in your land can not continue to be decided by foreigners. It cannot happen in my place, so why would you Yoruba's allow it? Being too nice is foolishness. Defend what is yours now or forever lose it."

https://twitter.com/akerele_s/status/1634534521579139073?s=46&t=cDvmaODjfVry7evXWsXd0A

A good and honest Igbo man like me. We’re the future of Ndi Igbos.[/quote]
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Obrigardo: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
In a sane country, this guy will be found and questioned thoroughly.
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by emmybobo1: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
OmoAseleGege:
Now politicians have succeeded in dividing the youth with their game plan.
Before the 2023 Presidential election, the problem used to be Hausa/Fulani against Ibo or Yoruba, but it's now Yoruba and Ibo.
Ibo lives peacefully among Yoruba in Lagos before now with no problem, but now Ibo are seeing Yoruba as unaccommodating and hostile while Yoruba is seeing Ibo as proud visitors that want to take their land.

The election will come and go as usual, Obi will visit Tinubu, and Tinubu will call Obi his brother but the enmity they create between the two tribes will remain for a very long time
What youth. It’ll surprise you that most people making this tribal discriminatory posts are above 45 years old. And most are in their middle age without any worthwhile achievement. Very poor and suffering. So this is them venting their frustrations. They have no hope of even making a decent living going into their fifties

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by LikeAking: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
The Yoruba guys must go through Igbos guys to buy ld in Igbo land that's the message..

Buy Tru an Igbo man.
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Okere18: 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
ekolobaba:
I am a full blooded Igbo man, but I believe the Yoruba's need to rise up and defend their identity, land, and culture. It's unfortunate to say this, but the truth needs to be said by someone. We, the Igbo's, can no longer continue to be territorial in another mans land. We go to a place, they welcome us with an open hand, we establish there and prosper and the only way to show appreciation to them is to declare their land a "no man's land" How is this possible? Every land has indigenes.

You are only a fool and not an igbo man...the country wants one Nigeria but they are rejecting qn IGBO President, infant you are a bigger fool
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Okere18: 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
ekolobaba:

You are only a fool and not an igbo man...the country wants one Nigeria but they are rejecting an IGBO President, infanct you are a bigger fool
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Okere18: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
ekolobaba:

You are only a fool and not an igbo man...the country wants one Nigeria but they are rejecting an IGBO President, infact you are a bigger fool
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Aldol: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
A very sincere ibo man, his type is rare
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by gidgiddy: 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
Rather than rise up to defend your land, rise up and call for the disintegration of Nigeria so you never have to defend your land
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
After checking most of your post I came to conclusion that you're terrible stupid and insane for just posting rubbish. Better go and take sleeping pills for your own sake
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2023
I really consider people like the writer as a fool. I don't care what tribe you are but once you tell me how your people are very bad my first reaction is to classify you as a stupid person.

If you logically (and biologically) analyse the behaviour of every tribe in Nigeria you'd come to a conclusion why it is not an isolated behaviour. The only reason you don't know this is because you are a stupid person or just sheer ignorance.

Culture and ideologies can be feared but not mere tribal identities. Religion can be, by nature, illogical and flawed like Islam and Christianity, especially Islam, but people's behaviours are not tribally transmitted because they are not built on any ideology. You are a fool if you keep insisting on that.
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by DevilSignature: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
If u dey do anyhow we go use money buy up Lagos and chase u and ur generation away

Lagos is Igbo extension
We own Lagos
Na we de run de town

You can go and die with ur jealousy
Re: Lawrence Ibe: Yoruba Must Rise Up, Defend Their Land And Identity From Igbos by SisterFire(f): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Yoruba moslem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Niger Delta Stakeholders Reject Akpabio / Tinubu Is Another Buhari / PEPT Judgement Day: Moment Asari Dokobu And His Boys Storm Appeal Court Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.