Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? (486 Views)

2023: There Will Be Crisis If Peter Obi, Tinubu Lose - Primate Ayodele / Based On These Conditions, PDP Can Win Or Lose Osun Rerun Elections / PDP Is About To Lose Osun State Gubernatorial Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by garfield1: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Does it mean adeleke is more loved than tinubu? Why not vote obi,why vote another fulani?

Mynd44
Seun
Nplfmod
Seunmsg
Ejimatic
Legendhero
Arewanorth
Troublemaker
Olaoluwa
Olatuns
Muykem
Adioolayi
Kahal
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by Naira20: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2023
No...it was the ibos that voted against him in Osun state too.

These IBO people must be too powerful o
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by Adams098765: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2023
Not just that state but 19 of them.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by seunmsg(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2023
PDP paid heavily for votes in Osun. They went all out to prove a point that they are in charge. The tribunal judgement did not help matter. They were afraid of Oyetola returning as governor in the event of a Bola Tinubu presidency. The crack in Osun APC has also not healed. Again, Yorubas have shown they are not desperate about having the presidency. A lot of Yorubas don’t really care.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by Sergio101(m): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2023
He didn't bother rigging there.

He thought he has it in the bag grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by Jostoman: 10:21am On Mar 12, 2023
Because Adeleke is doing well for osun state people.

2) To prove a point that it was Adeleke they trully voted for during last governorship election.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by rayvelez(m): 10:24am On Mar 12, 2023
That’s to tell you they don’t want APC. Adeleke is in charge and am very sure PDP will clear SOHA elections next week.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by Felabrity: 10:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Because his people don't love him
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by Badgers: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2023
Three states results shock me in this election; Lagos, osun and Benue.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by adioolayi(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1 this question you are asking, you know the answer..

Well, there is an incumbent power we can't overemphasized...and also, coming at the back of the Election Tribunal lose of PDP...it was a revolt vote by Osun indigens , they felt Adeleke was cheated.

Governors are still very powerful...if you now have a united state party members, it will be very easy.

APC in Osun are still missing Aregbesola's influence, especially from the Ilesha axis.

It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by LegendHero(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2023
Osun people have penchant for voting in the internet of the governor they love. This coupled with the fact that Adeleke sowed the dummy that his being at the seat of government depend on the elevation outcome coz he told them Jagaban will remove him if he wins.

Like other people pointed out, the crack in APC also contributed but the biggest contributor is Osun history which showed that they have always voted presidential to favor their governor party.

In 2011, Jonathan won all SW states except Osun because of Aregbesola love.

In 2015&2019 Buhari won because of same APC in power. 2023 is not different.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by ejimatic: 6:55am On Mar 13, 2023
garfield1:
Does it mean adeleke is more loved than tinubu? Why not vote obi,why vote another fulani?

Mynd44
Seun
Nplfmod
Seunmsg
Ejimatic
Legendhero
Arewanorth
Troublemaker
Olaoluwa
Olatuns
Muykem
Adioolayi
Kahal
. I ought to have commented on this matter yestrday but Nairaland did not allow me to comment possiblity some Obedients are there and are still unhappy about the election results. Regardless of their drama I will continue to express my opinions undeterred. 1 Osun is a state that has never experienced Fulani attack unlike Oyo Ekiti Ondo and Ogun. If the state had experienced the Fulani attack,those who voted Atiku would have thought twice before they wasted their votes aimed at perpetuation of Fulani regime. 2 The PDP stalwarts and members in the state belived that Atiku as the president (God forbids)will protect Adeleke from his political rickety condition caused by the Tribunal decision to reject him as the governor in favour of Oyetola. They are disappointed that Tinubu won the election.All their hopes are dashed now .3. However myriads of Osun indigenes voted BAT because they wanted to support their fellow Yoruba as the president. The last election was about individual not about party . BAT supporters showed their loyalty by all means and finally reduced the vote margin difference to 10 000. . 4. In Osun those who voted BAT are happy and rejoice in their support of their Blood while Yoruba " bastards" in the state who voted Atiku to protect Adeleke's position are sad and will continue sad because whether they like it or not BAT will rule on them and their generations for 8 years. I hope they will not be misguded again in their lives.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by chinchum(m): 3:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
garfield1:

Mynd44
Seun
Nplfmod
Seunmsg
Ejimatic
Legendhero
Arewanorth
Troublemaker
Olaoluwa
Olatuns
Muykem
Adioolayi
Kahal
This was the real surprising one not Lagos. I understand that Buhari pointed a machine gun at APC and started firing bullets of Naira scarcity at great intensity few days to the election leading to protest and disillusionment of electorates with APC, but for the Osun electorates to now vote 50% for another Fulani man i cant explain. At best a 35% for PDP at presidential, i may have made sense of it. Buhari's behaviour to APC will be revisited and a part of his history.

Only a Tinubu could have survived the so called "friendly fire". The prolonged fuel scarcity was enough to make APC lose nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Lose Osun State? by ejimatic: 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
chinchum:
This was the real surprising one not Lagos. I understand that Buhari pointed a machine gun at APC and started firing bullets of Naira scarcity at great intensity few days to the election leading to protest and disillusionment of electorates with APC, but for the Osun electorates to now vote 50% for another Fulani man i cant explain. At best a 35% for PDP at presidential, i may have made sense of it. Buhari's behaviour to APC will be revisited and a part of his history.

Only a Tinubu could have survived the so called "friendly fire". The prolonged fuel scarcity was enough to make APC lose nationwide.
Nobody voted party in that election but individuals. Agreed those who voted BAT throughout the Country believed he could undo Buharis hardship.As for Osun Yoruba " bastards" they were misguided that if Atiku won Adeleke wiould remain the Governor. How on earth could rational individuals vote for another Fulani in this country? Additionally Osun is one of the states where Fulanis have not carried out their operations. ( May they not attack the state at all)Other states who voted BAT understand better .If Fulanis had attacked Osun State those who voted Atiku must have become wiser .

(1) (Reply)

The Only Region That Is Snatching Ballot Boxes Is In Western Nigeria. / WATCH GRV'S COLLATION: INEC/APC ROBBED HIM AND LABOUR PARTY AGAIN. / The Man Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.