Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning (52085 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Prices Of Cattle Crash In Taraba Due To Naira Scarcity / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
I knew I was in Nigeria when I trekked for one hour as early this morning.
Shame didn't even catch me cheesy cheesy

What I haven't done before cheesy cheesy the experience was killing.

Painment was I had to borrow 100naira to come back to my place of business.

Sofia pains was all the sales I made today were mainly transferred into my acct,some sef I never see alerts.

Foolishness was only #300 followed me home at all at all naim bad.

The other day I bought 10k and the charges was 3k, honestly e pain me.

So this night after looking for POS,I saw someone I knew he was merciful to collect #200 for #1500.
For my mind....I be the richest woman in nigeria cheesy cheesy

Tomorrow I m definitely gonna queue at accessbank and wildraw money, because I cannot imagine dashing someone 4k.

So guys how have you guys bn surviving?

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by God1000(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
The situation in Nigeria at the moment is terrible.

Even me, I don't know where I can get cash and go to work tomorrow, all the POS in my area don't have cash.

I have money but I'm broke

301 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
The situation isn't funny at all and many Nigerians are really suffering due to this policy.

Let me share a very short and sad story with you.

I was at the market yesterday to get some groceries and provisions for the house. I made the payment via transfer because I didn't go with my ATM card. Unfortunately, I was debited immediately but the vendor didn't receive alert on his end.

I came to his shop around 3pm. You wouldn't believe that I waited till 6:30pm thinking that the alert will come in.

Lo and behold, Mr. vendor didn't get the alert.

I hard to return all the stuffs I bought. He collected my phone number and told me that he will call me once he sees the alert so that he can transfer my money back to me.

I was angry but I had to receive sense immediately because it wasn't his fault. He was just trying to play safe too.

I came home angrily and drank semovita with no Sugar.

The policy is just so annoying.

uvie66:
I do not understand ...how can you drink semolina !!!!!
It may sound funny and unbelievable but I prepared it the same way you will prepare Pap.

Zico777:

U didn't tell us if he eventually transferred back your money.
No, he hasn't but he called me that he has seen the alert.

I haven't gone back to him yet due to my busy schedules of the day.

145 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Sorry dear.
Hi Mr green man,nice seeing you around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
The situation in Nigeria at the moment is terrible

Some days ago,a grown up man fell down after walking for hours looking for money on empty stomach.

We had to give him water to drink,got him a loaf of bread,then contributed 2k for him,a family man for that matter with a wife n 4 kids waiting to be fed at home.

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
The situation in Nigeria at the moment is terrible.

Even me, I don't know where I can get money to go work tomorrow, all the POS in my area don't have cash
How much is your transport fare to work?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by God1000(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

Some days ago,a grown up man fell down after walking for hours looking for money on empty stomach.

We had to give him water to drink,got him a loaf of bread,then contributed 2k for him,a family man for that matter with a wife n 4 kids waiting to be fed at home.

Too bad, so many people have died as a result of this CBN policy, things that work seamlessly in other countries don't work here in Nigeria.

The pain is excruciating

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
so many people have died as a result of this CBN policy, things that work seamlessly in other countries don't work here in Nigeria.

The pain is excruciating
Pls tend to my question.
Thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by God1000(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

How much is your transport fare to work?
I spend N700 naira everyday to and fro because the place is far, it wasn't up to that before but it's due to the hike in the price of petrol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by God1000(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

Pls tend to my question.
Thanks
yeah I have answered it
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Quest7777: 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2023
Was at Access Bank last Tuesday where I gladly collected 20k old 500naira notes thinking that CBN had complied with SC ruling.
Was later pissed off when I realised the money was being rejected. Was even more pissed when same Access bank rejected the money.

Though the policy wasn't a bad one, but CBN failed woefully to print enough notes & strictly monitor the distribution.
Effect is that so many small businesses have crumbled & Nigerians are being subjected to untold hardship for lack of cash. embarassed

Doubt if Nigerians can continue like this for long. It's either CBN issues enough notes or they revert back to the old notes.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2023
wink
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
I spend N700 naira everyday to and fro because the place is far.
Mention me in a dead thread,I want you to go to work tomorrow.

Let's share the burden.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

How are you doing?
I hope the situation hasn't become unbearable yet?
E go better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by God1000(m): 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

Mention me in a dead thread,I want you to go to work tomorrow.

Let's share the burden.
Lol, thanks dear, I even have money in my bank account, how to withdraw it is the problem.

My plan now is to wake up very early tomorrow and rush to bank, hopefully I will get small.

I blame Buhari for this mess

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

E go better.
We hope so though many have lost their lives and loved ones to this Policy.
Something needs to be done immediately because I still don't understand the point of this wicked and life threatening policy.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
Lol, thanks dear, I even have money in my bank account, how to withdraw it is the problem
You're welcome then.
Warmest regards.
Convince them to accept transfer then.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by God1000(m): 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

You're welcome then.
Warmest regards.
enjoy your day, you are a kindhearted woman.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

We hope so though many have lost their lives and loved ones to this Policy.
Something needs to be done immediately because I still don't understand the point of this wicked and life threatening policy.
E really nor easy for Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

E really nor easy for Nigerians
Sometimes I question the type of democracy we practice in Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by dangoteinlaw: 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
This cash saga made me fell more in love with my car, imagine a life i have to get cash to enter bus for movement, even to go Work I can’t get cash? I would run mad. I know land and whatever has been too hype by these real estate motivational speakers but if u have something that can afford you a car pls do. All i do is fuel up to 25k and i’m on the move

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by zinaunreal(m): 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Trek for Tinubu
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by dyera(m): 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
The situation isn't funny at all and many Nigerians are really suffering due to this policy.

Let me share a very short and sad story with you.

I was at the market yesterday to get some groceries and provisions for the house. I made the payment via transfer because I didn't go with my ATM card. Unfortunately, I was debited immediately but the vendor didn't receive alert on his end.

I came to his shop around 3pm. You wouldn't believe that I waited till 6:30pm thinking that the alert will come in.

Lo and behold, Mr. vendor didn't get the alert.

I hard to return all the stuffs I bought. He collected my phone number and told me that he will call me once he sees the alert so that he can transfer my money back to me.

I was angry but I had to receive sense immediately because it wasn't his fault. He was just trying to play safe too.

I came home angrily and drank semovita with no Sugar.

The policy is just so annoying.

Who told you transfer is how you buy things cashless. Card payment is cashless payment not phone transfer. Next time use POS machine to transfer the money to the seller.

This and many more is proof that Nigerians deserve to experience this cash confiscation. Most businesses that ought to have POS machine to enable cashless payment don't have it. The government have to confiscate cash to force them. Even now most of them have not gone to get POS machine for their business.

Imagine just the other day I went to a seller of building materials to buy two bags of cement and nails, the shop is filled with all sorts of building materials, even selling wheelbarrows, but the man does not have POS machine. Both of us went to the POS agent next door and I paid the person N200 to transfer the money from my card to man's account.

When I think of the fact that this man has brand new big gen that he puts on whenever there is no light, but till last week doesn't deem it important to acquire a POS machine I can't help but believe that Nigerians deserve to experience this cash confiscation.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by stillme231: 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
I only do transfer.. if you no accept, na you come know o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by LikeAking: 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
My papa dash me lots of 1k new notes when e come out.. so I no suffer any cash wahala..

He gave me 300k of the new notes..

He sent it to all his children..

Na the first time my papa they impress me be dis..

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
I've been doing transfer since the start of the naira scarcity abeg I no get time to go stand for long quene just to withdraw 5k..

Na people wey need money to transport or buy something chop in their place of work I dey pity for pass.

Remote workers like me no too get worries!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by xristos(m): 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
I'm just speechless

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
For is buhari excuse now again , election is as good as over release cash and save the masses from this suffering

Many businesses are about to die and might not even recover from this rubbish call cash policy

19 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by TechCapon(m): 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by davillian(m): 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
Tinunbu and buhari is giving us cash grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by inoki247: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
Lol no be una dey hype the policy wen we dey cry una call us names telling us to du transfer even if we wan buy 20Naira groundnut that the policy will help ur future say he go help ur savior enta....

The Policy Neva give me breakfast chop till last week that I went to market to buy Things after doing Transfer to two People one from Opay to Opay and the other to Sterling bank na so money no gri deliver Opay as Neva failed buh last week I was served a very hot breakfast.....

35 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) / Lagos Female Christmas Shoppers Hide Money In Undies To Beat Pickpockets / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.