Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning (52094 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Prices Of Cattle Crash In Taraba Due To Naira Scarcity / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
grandstar:
ahnie

You're asking how have we been surviving? We haven't grin grin grin
But you're still alive now,looking chubby and well-fed.

Dey whine me
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Pedrocross4568(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
[color=#990000][/color]
God1000:
Lol, thanks dear, I even have money in my bank account, how to withdraw it is the problem.

My plan now is to wake up very early tomorrow and rush to bank, hopefully I will get small.

I blame Buhari for this mess

Are you in Lagos and which part do you stay?
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by labi1977(m): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2023
moseslarry:

Yes sir. But I don’t know who this is?

No worries will send something for sub at least.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by odimbannamdi(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
Quest7777:
Was at Access Bank last Tuesday where I gladly collected 20k old 500naira notes thinking that CBN had complied with SC ruling.
Was later pissed off when I realised the money was being rejected. Was even more pissed when same Access bank rejected the money.

Though the policy wasn't a bad one, but CBN failed woefully to print enough notes & strictly monitor the distribution.
Effect is that so many small businesses have crumbled & Nigerians are being subjected to untold hardship for lack of cash. embarassed

Doubt if Nigerians can continue like this for long. It's either CBN issues enough notes or they revert back to the old notes.

I was at Justrite Ibafo yesterday, and right before my very eyes, they collected old notes of up to 4,000naira. But they have a policy that they won't give you change if the item(s) you bought are less than amount you paid for (in old note).

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Relixy2k: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
Please where is your location?
horlahwaley:
My business almost crumbled in last few weeks. Thank God people in my town are still collecting the old note after SC ruling including filling stations. So its not really bad here.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by moseslarry(m): 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
labi1977:

Thanks sir. God bless you.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by GorillaApp(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:
I knew I was in Nigeria when I trekked for one hour as early this morning.
Shame didn't even catch me cheesy cheesy

What I haven't done before cheesy cheesy the experience was killing.

Painment was I had to borrow 100naira to come back to my place of business.

Sofia pains was all the sales I made today were mainly transferred into my acct,some sef I never see alerts.

Foolishness was only #300 followed me home at all at all naim bad.

The other day I bought 10k and the charges was 3k, honestly e pain me.

So this night after looking for POS,I saw someone I knew he was merciful to collect #200 for #1500.
For my mind....I be the richest woman in nigeria cheesy cheesy

Tomorrow I m definitely gonna queue at accessbank and wildraw money, because I cannot imagine dashing someone 4k.

So guys how have you guys bn surviving?
Well, I have been lucky. Madam works in the financial sector. Her sister own a shop in igbudu market and just two weeks ago someone came to my office and paid me for a deal, 100k cash.
But I feel pained for others

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Parachoko: 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
Lol, thanks dear, I even have money in my bank account, how to withdraw it is the problem.

My plan now is to wake up very early tomorrow and rush to bank, hopefully I will get small.

I blame Buhari for this mess
Buhari deserve to be impeach for this mess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by deife(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

You're welcome then.
Warmest regards.
Convince them to accept transfer then.

You're a good woman. May you never be stranded in life. Good night.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Shimbo96(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
The situation isn't funny at all and many Nigerians are really suffering due to this policy.

Let me share a very short and sad story with you.

I was at the market yesterday to get some groceries and provisions for the house. I made the payment via transfer because I didn't go with my ATM card. Unfortunately, I was debited immediately but the vendor didn't receive alert on his end.

I came to his shop around 3pm. You wouldn't believe that I waited till 6:30pm thinking that the alert will come in.

Lo and behold, Mr. vendor didn't get the alert.

I hard to return all the stuffs I bought. He collected my phone number and told me that he will call me once he sees the alert so that he can transfer my money back to me.

I was angry but I had to receive sense immediately because it wasn't his fault. He was just trying to play safe too.

I came home angrily and drank semovita with no Sugar.

The policy is just so annoying.

Maybe you transferred from Opay to another bank?

It may sound funny and unbelievable but I prepared it the same way you will prepare Pap.

No, he hasn't but he called me that he has seen the alert.

I haven't gone back to him yet due to my busy schedules of the day.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by HellVictorinho7: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

E really nor easy for Nigerians
drop am 4 here, the mula no fit waste, 2k,3k,4k,anyhow,make i just face front.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
GorillaApp:

Well, I have been lucky. Madam works in the financial sector. Her sister own a shop in igbudu market and just two weeks ago someone came to my office and paid me for a deal, 100k cash.
But I feel pained for others
Another oniovo spotted.

You're covered in all spheres be that.your monetary immunity long pass semovita sack
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Shimbo96(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
Parachoko:
Buhari deserve to be impeach for this mess
I wish the citizens can impeach a sitting president, I swear we go they enjoy like this.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Lovenorth: 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

Some days ago,a grown up man fell down after walking for hours looking for money on empty stomach.

We had to give him water to drink,got him a loaf of bread,then contributed 2k for him,a family man for that matter with a wife n 4 kids waiting to be fed at home.

This is the kind of news that psychopath Buhari likes to hear
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Ikembasunda1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
I believe everyone has collected his or her change from this so called Apc,
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Oplomo: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
God1000:
The situation in Nigeria at the moment is terrible.

Even me, I don't know where I can get cash and go to work tomorrow, all the POS in my area don't have cash.

I have money but I'm broke

Sai Baba buhari.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by moseslarry(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
labi1977:

Thanks sir. You will find favor anywhere you turn to. You will never lack, by his grace.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by GorillaApp(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

Another oniovo spotted.

You're covered in all spheres be that.your monetary immunity long pass semovita sack
Lol at monetary immunity
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Parachoko: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
Shimbo96:

I wish the citizens can impeach a sitting president, I swear we go they enjoy like this.
Lol

The National Assembly is empowered to do it, but there's no political will to do it
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Cheryph200(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:

Mention me in a dead thread,I want you to go to work tomorrow.

Let's share the burden.
Mention me or dm sir lemme help with the little I have
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by dyera(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
Makschinchin:

Are you in Nigeria at all angry angry e be like say you never experience network problems before while using POS

It depends on the bank. With Fidelity bank you will never experience network problem as long as the POS machine has network.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
Cheryph200:

Mention me or dm sir lemme help with the little I have
Correction taken.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ahnie: 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2023
GorillaApp:

Lol at monetary immunity
Yes nau.
Them bam your sides in all corners cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by TemitayoMark: 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
If not for callousness and wickedness, does Emefiele and Buhari not knowing how people are dying on a daily basis due to this useless cashless policy? I Waka the whole of Ikeja and no single bank have cash to give out. People are really suffering and hungry because of this shortcut cashless policy. Even in the UK that need to change the face of their queen to king had to give more time till 2026 before the old note will fade out. God will punish all these people that subjected us to this extreme hardship. Amen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Goldbw122(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
I only have 100 naira that I will use to go to work tomorrow and through out the day will be transfer, the most annoying thing is every transaction you make there is charges.. that is like a criminal act.. we are just using money to buy money In Nigeria..
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by cassyrooy(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
ahnie:
I knew I was in Nigeria when I trekked for one hour as early this morning.
Shame didn't even catch me cheesy cheesy

What I haven't done before cheesy cheesy the experience was killing.

Painment was I had to borrow 100naira to come back to my place of business.

Sofia pains was all the sales I made today were mainly transferred into my acct,some sef I never see alerts.

Foolishness was only #300 followed me home at all at all naim bad.

The other day I bought 10k and the charges was 3k, honestly e pain me.

So this night after looking for POS,I saw someone I knew he was merciful to collect #200 for #1500.
For my mind....I be the richest woman in nigeria cheesy cheesy

Tomorrow I m definitely gonna queue at accessbank and wildraw money, because I cannot imagine dashing someone 4k.

So guys how have you guys bn surviving?
This past week is the most crushing of this cash scarcity; sorry. 😂

Nigeria want make you strong small.
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Raypawer(m): 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
Loool

God1000:
The situation in Nigeria at the moment is terrible.

Even me, I don't know where I can get cash and go to work tomorrow, all the POS in my area don't have cash.

I have money but I'm broke
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by comtem2011: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
uvie66:
I do not understand ...how can you drink semolina !!!!!
You prepare it like pap and add sugar and milk. So yummy and its good for kids.

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by ikorodureporta: 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
With all this complains, our deaf, dumb, senseless & wicked govt no send us....

If I hear say d "head of state" kpai like this, I must slaughter ram & eat alone..

Wicked man!

Na church I dey get some cash these few days
Re: Naira Scarcity Wahala, What I Went Through This Morning by Luckysbab: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
inoki247:
Lol no be una dey hype the policy wen we dey cry una call us names telling us to du transfer even if we wan buy 20Naira groundnut that the policy will help ur future say he go help ur savior enta....

The Policy Neva give me breakfast chop till last week that I went to market to buy Things after doing Transfer to two People one from Opay to Opay and the other to Sterling bank na so money no gri deliver Opay as Neva failed buh last week I was served a very hot breakfast.....

E be like say pressure don increase for Opay neck. It's already overwhelming their systems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Female Christmas Shoppers Hide Money In Undies To Beat Pickpockets / Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.