Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso (1298 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / APC Crisis: Mai Mala Buni May Step Down As Caretaker Committee Chairman / APC Crisis: Lawan May Step Down As Head Of Reconciliation Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by garfield1: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2023
I think akpabio should step down for the se to get senate presidency.I will prefer izunaso to ouk because tinubu got votes in orlu unlike abia north.

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Fergie001
Kyase
Seunmsg
Mrvitalis
Immaculatejoe
Nplfmod

1 Like

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by Legitisreal: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2023
Igbos see the same kalu as corrupt so it still won't appease them

Apc should just forget about SE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by Kogite22: 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2023
It's possible
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by helinues: 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2023
Even for the fact that Kalu won his senatorial seat convincingly, how many votes did Tinubu receive in Kalu's senatorial district?

Did Kalu support Tinubu in Apc primary?

Why should someone who worked against you openly be rewarded for anything.

Tinubu wouldn't want to start his government with such move

Akpabio and his region are more loyal to SW than SE.

He who poured water on ground must match the wet ground

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by fergie001: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
Izunaso does not have the charisma but he will be more trusted by the Tinubu people, than OUK.

However, I know Akpabio will do anything to clinch that seat...money for money, pound for pound. I still feel that the MO of APC does not tend towards a SE Senate Presidency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by FisifunKododada: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
Akpabio will be foolish to do so.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by garfield1: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
fergie001:
Izunaso does not have the charisma but he will be more trusted by the Tinubu people, than OUK.

However, I know Akpabio will do anything to clinch that seat...money for money, pound for pound. I still feel that the MO of APC does not tend towards a SE Senate Presidency.

Hope will weigh in for izunaso while the non support of tinubu by ouk will count against him
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by DenreleDave(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
God forbid...
Akpabio is the next SE.

We don't want any igbรณ man

We prefer Ibibio

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by frank14011991(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2023
The day APC supports any orji uzor kalu or any south easterner to become Senate president ahead of akpabio, I will go to my ward and resign my membership of the apc

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by Nomoneynoman147: 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Thank God you are using "may" you already know that this is not possible ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

1 Like

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by Ikpaitid: 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
Same story again.
After supporting the wrong party and insulting everyone you losers always end up begging for something that you don't deserve. Useless IPOB losers.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by abobote: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
Izunaso will do better as Senate president, than kalu

1 Like

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by AdaojoTheUrchin: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
Izunaso will soon be kicked out. There is a truckload of evidence against him and Uzodinma for rigging elections in Orlu zone, especially in Orsu and Oru where voting never happened legitimately by Uzodinma was writing and churning out cooked results.
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by DEROX: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2023
frank14011991:
The day APC supports any orji uzor kalu or any south easterner to become Senate president ahead of akpabio, I will go to my ward and resign my membership of the apc
Dont worry akpabio is the next SP we won't forget the primaries and how he stepped down let kalu ask lawan he supported
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
I wanted not to comment on issues like this, because as a Southeasterner, I careless about SP..

But when it comes to the politics of the senate, OUK will beat Akpabio..
1st, OUK is part of the current assembly, while Akpabio is not.

2nd. The current SP, Ahmed Lawan still have some loyalist among the returning members, and I don't need to tell you who he is gonna support among the two..

Even if the APC leadership settle for Akpabio, OUK and Lawan will play another Saraki on them..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by Okwyjesus(m): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2023
garfield1:
I think akpabio should step down for the se to get senate presidency.I will prefer izunaso to ouk because tinubu got votes in orlu unlike abia north.

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Fergie001
Kyase
Seunmsg
Mrvitalis
Immaculatejoe
Nplfmod

OUK command northern allies including former Senate President. Don't forget he can influence some PDP/LP guys from the SE bcs of his previous position.

He may win though Tinubu may not want him

1 Like

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by mach7(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
No way.

Rewarding SE on the basis on Political expediency is not the best way to go.

Politics is all about interest, hard work and reward.

The South South merits the position of Senate President based on their astonishing performance and deliverables in the Presidential & NASS elections.

South East should be accomodated with either SGF or some strong ministries.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by duro4chang(m): 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
DenreleDave:
God forbid...
Akpabio is the next SE.

We don't want any igbรณ man

We prefer Ibibio
In term of experience, Kanu is more experience. He has spent more time in senate than Akpabio. But then politicians know how they do their thing.
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by raskymonojendor: 10:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
Same Igbo would call any SE that accepts the SP position Yoruba slave Hausa slave, Fulani slave, Benin slave e.t.c.
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:

OUK command northern allies including former Senate President. Don't forget he can influence some PDP/LP guys from the SE bcs of his previous position.

He may win though Tinubu may not want him
Same thing I'm saying, Akpabio cannot match OUK, if OUK decides to throw his all for the position..

1 Like

Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by ykalhaji(m): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
I wanted not to comment on issues like this, because as a Southeasterner, I careless about SP..

2nd. The current SP, Ahmed Lawan still have some loyalist among the returning members, and I don't need to tell you who he is gonna support among the two..

Even if the APC leadership settle for Akpabio, OUK and Lawan will play another Saraki on them..

That is the expectation but there is a factor you are not adding. A lot of the senators coming in a new. The Northern Governors and the Tinubu factor. Lawan doesn't really have loyalists, he has colleagues who held him down. Those colleagues have their own ambitions too.
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2023
garfield1:

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Fergie001
Kyase
Seunmsg
Mrvitalis
Immaculatejoe
Nplfmod

Never! Whats SE contribution?
U can't reap where you no sow. SS deserve it.
No emotions in POLITICS
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by 2elliot: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2023
Legitisreal:
Igbos see the same kalu as corrupt so it still won't appease them

Apc should just forget about SE
That true. And besides, tribe does not matter but competence. Tinubu should pick only South west and northern Muslims top to bottom. There are enough competent Muslims in that area to deliver in his govt. Religion does not matter bro, its competence. Let's try this set and see development as never experienced before.
Re: Akpabio May Step Down For Kalu,izunaso by AmotekunSW: 2:33am On Mar 13, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

The Lawan you're talking about, who made Lawan SP?
If APC is interested in Akpabio as SP, a thousand OUKs can't scuttle it.
Very soon, you guys will learn that Tinubu is different from Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

On What Ground Did Nairaland Delete This Post? / Election: How Many Of You Agree With This Opinion : (photo) / Residents Flee From Gunshots As MC Oluomo, Agbede Road Transport Factions Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.