Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha (34708 Views)

Patriotic Nigerians Share Food & Drinks At PVC Registration Center / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate ‘Agberos’ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by leisuretym: 6:01am On Mar 13, 2023
Anambra people have the history of wailing and running to court after election result in Nigeria

This is Azikwe in 1979 yelling while addressing the press.

After the Supreme Military council gave it to them Hot Hot!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ikpaitid: 6:02am On Mar 13, 2023
IPOB thread,abeg make una leave Nairaland.com. Go and form IPOBLAND.COM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by sunboy(m): 6:05am On Mar 13, 2023
Upton:
Lol. At least the Agberos are not backed by the government 🤷🏾

In as much as I wish they can be sanitized, but Are you serious now with that statement ?

Lagos road transport workers generate almost 30% of Lagos IGR, that’s over 100bn naira.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Dmanlex(m): 6:08am On Mar 13, 2023
Fastest growing city in this century is Onitsha. Go and verify

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by NwokoloOwa: 6:08am On Mar 13, 2023
The most "wickedest" and dangerous agberos are found in Onitsha, Lagos, Aba then Port Harcourt in that order.

Abuja is gearing up to join them if something is not done quickly.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Tzar(m): 6:11am On Mar 13, 2023
These Igbo people are so hypocritical. They rush to Lagos and the SW because their states are not habitable. They kill, maim and oppress one another like brutes. Yet, this rude, uncultured and uncivilized tribe always tries to denigrate a superior tribe like the Yorubas?!
It will NEVER happen! Only people who have not travelled to the SE think these people have any dignity. They cannot even call the bluff of other regions and relocate enmasse to their barren land.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by beardedboy(m): 6:13am On Mar 13, 2023
RZArecta:
an empty Milo container is obviously more intelligent than you are cool
Nzogbu nzogbu will take you no where!

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Blaqroman0000: 6:13am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:

NURTW Park Manager collects revenue from only commercial busses and the money are remited to Local Government Authority while drivers are given ticket

Igbo Agbero charge people without cars, market people, people crossing bridges, even private vehicles
exaggerating all this things you say Igbo agberos do, igbo don't have agberos, even if they do, nothing is worst than a Yoruba agberos collecting tax from beggers, orphans, and so on... Yoruba agberos made begging look like a business to the less privileged... Like how can you even take money from a begger and you come here to rant rubbish about Igbo agberos, chaiii urgins never seem to amaze me

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by xevove2061: 6:13am On Mar 13, 2023
Ballmer:
Pandora what do you have to say now.

If foolishness is not your second name, you will be addressing your comment to the right quarters, but of course, you always have to display your folly

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by scobaba: 6:15am On Mar 13, 2023
2021 my car broke down just before the over head bridge if u r getting to Onitsha from owerri. I parted with 10k for road obstruction. They still wanted to take my phone, thanks to a good Samaritan who stood by me.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Blaqroman0000: 6:16am On Mar 13, 2023
beardedboy:
Haa, South East thugs are the worst.

Broad daylight like this, these people will rob you in the market and their fellow Igbos will keep shut.

Dem no born you to press your phone inside bus for Onitsha market.

The time I travelled to East, it's from Ondo that people have been warning me to stay alert once we leave Delta and enter Onitsha, Anambra.

See heavy sticks with nails that their thugs were using to attack traders.

That was Onitsha óò. When I got to Owerri in Imo it was same story. Daylight robbery in Douglas Market, Owerri. Igbo man will sew slippers for you and tell you it's 4k. Oga, no be new slippers I wan buy na. Na ordinary to sew slippers wey cut. Even the new slippers no pass 2k. Before you know anything the Igbo guy will change it for you. He may attack you and even call you a thief. And his fellow Igbos will either watch as he abuses you or even help him in his evil (which they are aware of).

Nobody in my family had ever been robbed at gun point until my brother was posted by NYSC to South East. Guy had to avoid road transport completely and wait till end of NYSC to take flight home.

And the wickedness of Nigeria media isn't helping. Crimes in the south east are just too underreported. All these killing, kidnapping and beheading news we see from south east are just a fraction of the reality. Haa, that place is the most backward place I've ever been to on this earth. I'm not capping!

Election nkọ, dem no born your papa well as a foreigner to go out and vote. This last election my uncle told me that Igbos were threatening to punish all the northerners that left south east to vote in their home towns.

Of all people in this Nigeria, south easterners are the last you would expect to talk about agberoism. But then a wickedness and hypocrisy...
exaggerating all this things you say Igbo agberos do, igbo don't have agberos, even if they do, nothing is worst than a Yoruba agberos collecting tax from beggers, orphans, and so on... Yoruba agberos made begging look like a business to the less privileged... Like how can you even take money from a begger and you come here to rant rubbish about Igbo agberos, chaiii urgins never seem to amaze me
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by ORIAYO70(m): 6:18am On Mar 13, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Came across this on the net.
It's about people's experience with Agberos in Onitsha.

Agbero in the east are deadlier than Lagos, but this stupid people will cross the naija and claim Agbero is too much in Lagos, some foolish being thought is been exaggerated, but if the remarks is about Lagos they will flock the thread...is only people that have not traveled to the yeast will not know that Onitsha is deadlier

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by heysquare(m): 6:20am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Are you normal.

Agbero na Yoruba language
Use igbo call am na.

I am sure you have never been to onitsha.

Lagos na where Agbero go do owo mida for morning
Turn kidnapper for night.

For Ibadan a bus left a park and all the victims were kidnapped.

The park denied that the bus left the park. Of which a family of the victim was there at 5 am.

Oga u no fit tell me anything.

I have been to the north east and west.

For nice weather na east get am
Na you for tell him what you call agbero in Ibo language and what you call Aso Ebi in Ibo ! You've been to east, north and west and you never understand Lagos peculiarities of transportation. Did see any motor park for intercity buses in Lagos except those inter state? Many of you people failed to understand that due population of Lagos state and number of commercial buses all the old garrage couldn't be functional anymore because they're too small. So this had allowed the agbero to come to the road instead of staying in the park. From Badagry to Orile, there is no single garrage for intercity buses and mushin to Agege as well. Collection of the money could only change through technology application to replace the hooliganism in the system

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by ORIAYO70(m): 6:21am On Mar 13, 2023
michlins:
While agberos are a menace in Onitsha, some or if not all of the stories are exaggerated.

Meanwhile Soludo promised to fix the issue but he's currently busy writing letters to Obi.

When you hear stories about huge IGR, this is how they're made. The boys have to forcefully make the money to pay their bosses who already paid for the slots to the government

Lies they never exaggerated any of those things, I was once a victim....you painted Lagos bad yet your dungeon is horrific when it comes to agberoism..that is hypocrisy

Igbos have tried there best to malign us, Lagos Agbero is no match to that of Igbo land

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by benitwater(m): 6:23am On Mar 13, 2023
Onitsha is full of illiterate Agberos know this and know peace.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ikpaitid: 6:24am On Mar 13, 2023
There are no Nigerians in Onitsha, they're all IPOB pigs.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by bakynes(m): 6:26am On Mar 13, 2023
Igbos are simply hypocrites, they know many Yorubas don't travel to the East that why they can make jest of MC Oluomo and the rest but their own touts are worst, infact they are robbers not touts, at least the ones in Lagos will never rob you, they are simply more like Tax collectors. Their own tout will rob you in broad day light.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by bakynes(m): 6:27am On Mar 13, 2023
Tflex01:

Crime in SE are too underreported my brother.
The media concentrates on SW

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ikpaitid: 6:27am On Mar 13, 2023
Dmanlex:
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Donire: 6:27am On Mar 13, 2023
I'm not Yoruba, but I will tell you , in Lagos na agbero na the best option to ask for location and right bus to join. I just move to Onitsha, Bros Onitsha agboro too rude ehhh. 7pm every where don dry ehhh. See them for road ehhh. Bro the government need to do something I swear. Even at 12pm in Lagos, na only police you go the fear , here at Onitsha at that time , you can't even see police, na boys get road for night

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by gaph38: 6:28am On Mar 13, 2023
Has anybody noticed that grace is already leaving Obi. His people are already turning against him.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by rajiedreez: 6:30am On Mar 13, 2023
No o not in the civilized onitsha
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ikpaitid: 6:30am On Mar 13, 2023
We would all be very happy if you can all pack your bags,leave our states and go to your beautiful and fast growing Onitsha but we all know that will never happen because you know very well that the entire South East is a complete shithole and nobody wants to live there including you.
Instead of being refugees in our states please go back to Onitsha grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Johnjustice: 6:31am On Mar 13, 2023
Onitsha agbero are criminals, they rob people in broad daylight.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Johnjustice: 6:32am On Mar 13, 2023
Ikpaitid:
We would all be very happy if you can all pack your bags,leave our states and go to your beautiful and fast growing Onitsha but we all know that will never happen because you know very well that the entire South East is a complete shithole and nobody wants to live there including you.
Instead of being refugees in our states please go back to Onitsha grin
They love refugee status, in the land flowing with milk and honey.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by VTJN(m): 6:32am On Mar 13, 2023
Dmanlex:
Anambra is the headquarter of Agbero. Lagos Agbero dey learn work for where Anambra urchins dey

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Jones4190(m): 6:33am On Mar 13, 2023
michlins:
While agberos are a menace in Onitsha, some or if not all of the stories are exaggerated.

Meanwhile Soludo promised to fix the issue but he's currently busy writing letters to Obi.

When you hear stories about huge IGR, this is how they're made. The boys have to forcefully make the money to pay their bosses who already paid for the slots to the government
we are talking about your brothers from the east not Lagos

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Johnjustice: 6:33am On Mar 13, 2023
bakynes:
Igbos are simply hypocrites, they know many Yorubas don't travel to the East that why they can make jest of MC Oluomo and the rest but their own touts are worst, infact they are robbers not touts, at least the ones in Lagos will never rob you, they are simply more like Tax collectors. Their own tout will rob you in broad day light.
Onitsha agbero all have ipob and ESN connection, they give information to kidnappers.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by virginchaser(m): 6:34am On Mar 13, 2023
Many years ago, i entered Port Harcourt night bus from Ojota. Driver got to Onitsha park and said he was not going again. People started ranting in Igbo language and agbero in Onitsha gave him backing. One passenger whom i assumed a bouncer pounced on driver. Agbero rushed to the scene but quickly identified the guy as one of the popular Onitsha chief's son. We were able to retrieved partly sums of our fare back

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Ballot Papers Destroyed In Gbarantoru, SILGA (photos) / Atiku Abubakar Watching Nigeria Vs Morocco Match (Photo) / Wike: Some Members Of The PDP NWC Are Tax Collectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.