Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha (34702 Views)

Patriotic Nigerians Share Food & Drinks At PVC Registration Center / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate โ€˜Agberosโ€™ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by BigBrother9ja: 8:08am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Are you normal.

Agbero na Yoruba language
Use igbo call am na.

I am sure you have never been to onitsha.

Lagos na where Agbero go do owo mida for morning
Turn kidnapper for night.

For Ibadan a bus left a park and all the victims were kidnapped.

The park denied that the bus left the park. Of which a family of the victim was there at 5 am.

Oga u no fit tell me anything.

I have been to the north east and west.

For nice weather na east get am
You see how foolish and arrogant you are, TYPICAL lbo!
"YOU CLAIMED TO HAVE BEEN EVERYWHERE -NORTH WEST AND SOUTH", but you're arguing that someone has not been to Onitsha before.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Reelmii: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2023
BigBrother9ja:

Keep FOOLING YOURSELVES.

Thank God Biafra never happened, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE THAN A BANANA REPUBLIC...
lbos are extremely so intolerant to eachother, how much more outsiders. They just pretend to be cool with eachother, but they're not. HYPOCRITES.
MEAN, HERE IN ABA, MOST PEOPLE REFER TO THEM AS AGBEROS.
STOP FOOLING YOURSELF!
dont mind that one...the abgero word was copied from the yorubas....i am sure many igbos dont even know the meaning grin....they just dey copy....like the way they copied aso ebi.....ask him if that one is an igbo word too...

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by kayusely70(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2023
The obidients would not comment on this but would rather focus on the Lagos and other places in the southwest! Hypocrites!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Mccullum: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2023
The Agberos of the Eastern Nigeria are very aggressive to both drivers and passengers..

The Agberos in Lagos only deal with drivers and conductors not passengers.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by FashionCookie(f): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2023
Though some of these stories can be exaggerated. But I'll narrate the one I saw live in Main market, Onitsha.
I don buy things finish dey go house. One lady was walking on the other lane as well...probably going to the park too. She was carrying a bag on her head. Normal shopping bag o...not a big bag at all, just average shopping bag. One agbero collected the bag from her head and insisted she pays money before he'll allow her pass. His reason..."them no dey carry load 4 head pass here." I think the money he was demanding for then was 100 naira. This happened in I think 2017.
Like I was shocked to my bones. Since that day I fear Onitsha market...

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ttalk: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The OP has never crossed the 9ja bridge. Na only JJC dey enter this one. Abeg shift. Talk some sense.

Agbero no dey onitsha.

Call it the native name. You cant use yoruba to call igbo boys in parks name.

In the east we buy ticket from nnewi to most part. There is more organization. Your pay all your dues in the loading point. No one stops the bus for main road except police.

Come to lagos you see things.

When people from south south and southeast come to lagos for the first time and the agbero on the road some will think its armed robbery.

Owo mi da-- where is my money.

You will hear
Owo chairman
Owo security
Owo turning
Owo iyawo chairman
Everuday they manufacture new reasons to collect money.
No organization or organic road transport.
Every is just raving mad

I ve never seen a normal person denying Agbero exist in all southern States of Nigeria, to claim Anambra a notorious den of Agbero has no Agbero is the greatest hypocrisy and self denial one can say to himself.

Tell me, how do you feel after lying to yourself shamelessly?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by windvane(m): 8:12am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:

It's been long tho and many rumors trailed his death
then my school was at PWD,bomboy looked like a god back then,with is singlet like a body builder

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Lashist(m): 8:14am On Mar 13, 2023
Diligent1:

Then why can't the government stop the agberos in igbo land after all the government is not there for decoration.
You should say why the govt stop poverty. That's the correct question. When poverty is reduced and education increases, touting will stop. I'm sure you hate the agberos that disturb you at busstops and make life difficult for you in some way but because of elections, the agberos dey sweet you cheesy
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Kingzeez10: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2023
Skyview01:
There is a difference between Agbero and touts being empowered by the government and Agbero as a general menace in society.

In Lagos, I can swear that if MC Oluomo coughs, Sanwo-Olu, a sitting governor go catch a cold.

Can you imagine a tout being more important than a sitting governor?

Ko boju mu nau, E je ka soro sibi toro wa!

You no get point. Next!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Jack500: 8:15am On Mar 13, 2023
Skyview01:
There is a difference between Agbero and touts being empowered by the government and Agbero as a general menace in society.

In Lagos, I can swear that if MC Oluomo coughs, Sanwo-Olu, a sitting governor go catch a cold.

Can you imagine a tout being more important than a sitting governor?

Ko boju mu nau, E je ka soro sibi toro wa!

You are not talking sense.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Lightorder: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2023
Whoever posted this thinks he is getting at Obi. Well , Soludo is in charge. When Obi was there , they all disappeared. Even the infamous king of kidnapping, Evans narrowly escaped from Anambra into Delta and later found Lagos very suitable for his trade.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 13, 2023
Jack500:

You are not talking sense.

Oga Ade, read am again, sense wambe!
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Height2: 8:19am On Mar 13, 2023
michlins:
While agberos are a menace in Onitsha, some or if not all of the stories are exaggerated.

Meanwhile Soludo promised to fix the issue but he's currently busy writing letters to Obi.

When you hear stories about huge IGR, this is how they're made. The boys have to forcefully make the money to pay their bosses who already paid for the slots to the government

Not exaggerated,similar happened to me while trying to board bus from upper iweka,to help me Cross road with my luggage,I paid double later them tried forcing me into a bus but I no gree, another came telling me his hungry I must give him money. That same day alot happened. So it's true from what is written up there

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by appliedscience(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2023
Upton:
Lol. At least the Agberos are not backed by the government ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพ
If the government has not done anything to bring them down... Then they are supported by the government... Thatz aiding n abetting.
If na Lagos now... U shall will start shouting Tinubu... Hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by jowa16: 8:22am On Mar 13, 2023
Nah lie na only Lagos agbero dey๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ confused people
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Joconceptbest4(m): 8:24am On Mar 13, 2023
mtcheww
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Shantyken(m): 8:24am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The OP has never crossed the 9ja bridge. Na only JJC dey enter this one. Abeg shift. Talk some sense.

Agbero no dey onitsha.

In the east we buy ticket from nnewi to most part. There is more organization. Your pay all your dues in the loading point. No one stops the bus for main road except police.

When people from south south and southeast come to lagos for the first time and the agbero on the road some will think its armed robbery.

You will hear
Owo chairman
Owo security
Owo turning
Owo iyawo chairman
Every is just raving mad

Upper iweka area

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by zoghys: 8:29am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Same people abusing MC Oluomo that doesn't even do such

If you want to understand these Igbo Agbero concept of charging people with goods for crossing bridges

Go to any Igbo dominated market especially Alaba, try link Alaba from Okokomaiko around okoko police station axis , Pako bridge... You see live and direct what Igbo Agbero do to Igbo traders in Yoruba land

Everything about them is hypocrisy

Nairaland kids won't know who Bomboy (Ugochukwu Dum Obiora )of Oshodi, Apapa Lion junction was... The terror of Oshodi of the 90s killing, raping, maiming before OPC led by Gani Adams gunned him down

Tinubu sponsored OPC, and RRS cleared most of the Thugs of the 90s, the 36 kinihun, Bomboy, Ajegunle thugs

Who told you those lies you wrote here?. Bomboy was poisoned and it has oluomo all written on it. And oshodi those days is way better than what tinubu's hired hand did at oshodi and still doing now.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Bfly: 8:30am On Mar 13, 2023
What i experienced in onitsha just one night always makes me to avoid that place like po-lice in my head.

That kind experience wey go make you feel like mumu

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by doffman: 8:32am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Agbero no dey onitsha.

You will hear
Owo chairman
Owo security
Owo turning
Owo iyawo chairman
Every is just raving mad

You no get shame at all.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by davillian(m): 8:33am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

If you want to understand these Igbo Agbero concept of charging people with goods for crossing bridges

Go to any Igbo dominated market especially Alaba, try link Alaba from Okokomaiko around okoko police station axis , Pako bridge... You see live and direct what Igbo Agbero do to Igbo traders in Yoruba land

Nairaland kids won't know who Bomboy (Ugochukwu Dum Obiora )of Oshodi, Apapa Lion junction was... The terror of Oshodi of the 90s killing, raping, maiming before OPC led by Gani Adams gunned him down

Tinubu sponsored OPC, and RRS cleared most of the Thugs of the 90s, the 36 kinihun, Bomboy, Ajegunle thugs

Bomboy was not gunned down bloody lier......
MC who even killed 2 powerful OPC member Elewedu and Suwe-Suweas as revenge for his elder brother (igidaduro) is still in that same oshodi till now.
MC was in the picture during the time of bomboy and MC was heading a group but the problem was bomboy was head of the whole group in oshodi
They use jazzz hit am for leg and that was what killed him....
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by shonepa(m): 8:36am On Mar 13, 2023
Wetin dem xabi. As a lagosian if u take ur time and undertsand this people called agbero, u go know say them be same human beign like u and dem fit reason.

I remember that year wey i dey travel go school, if i don reach park book seat...i go just go one mama place buy few of dem sachet chelsea omo i don turn king o, gist with dem till bus full. This ppl re fucking loyal.

When ppl see dem as thugs and avoid dem feeling u better dan dem....well them go reason ur mata

Moh247:
cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by bluefilm: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2023
These people can lie.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Emola12(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2023
Sannisege:
And basterds will come here to exonerate Peter Obi. Obi was the worst among the top 4 presidential contenders. We really dodged a bullet. Obi presidency would have spelled doom for the country
eni ti o ni iru eni ko mo iyi eni if you don't understand the language forgerit
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by obyno82: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

You don't have sense.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by obyno82: 8:44am On Mar 13, 2023
oyin44:
I am not even surprised because

if given deep thought about % of tribes that invoved in crime in Nigeria. .

One can easily identify the region where the jobless youths come from..

Are you serously saying this? You are fantastically stupid, first of all of all the regions the one with a low poverty index is the south east. Oga try and have sense abeg

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Bridget95(f): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2023
Ballmer:
Pandora what do you have to say now.
that ur fadaa gave a lunatic son called pandora
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by beardedboy(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2023
nakaman:

nonsense

who burn igbo properties in the west and north
Is it only Igbo properties that were burnt?

have u ever heard of igbos burning people properties.
Yes

the west are the real haters
Who do they hate?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by obyno82: 8:50am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:

NURTW Park Manager collects revenue from only commercial busses and the money are remited to Local Government Authority while drivers are given ticket

Igbo Agbero charge people without cars, market people, people crossing bridges, even private vehicles

They remit to local government authorities abi. You are a big liar, you are so bigoted that you always want to relish any opportunity to attack igbos. I go to Onitsha and it is not how it was painted by those liars on twitter. First of all the part touts help bus drivers to ensure buses are filled. i walk in the Onitsha park and no one has ever harassed me.
I think you have been served breakfast by an igbo girl
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by xjiggy: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Agbero no dey onitsha.

You will hear
Owo chairman
Owo security
Owo turning
Owo iyawo chairman
Every is just raving mad
Kindly explain why all these tickets in Anambra State and who executes the collections if there's no tout there.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by obyno82: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:

NURTW Park Manager collects revenue from only commercial busses and the money are remited to Local Government Authority while drivers are given ticket

Igbo Agbero charge people without cars, market people, people crossing bridges, even private vehicles

Before Canoe bridge was built by Fashola were they not charging people to cross using Canoe? In Ikotun or is it Ijegun the makeshift bridge there, the agberos charge motor cars and pedestrians before they can use the bridge. Make you dey take small small dey lie...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Reno Omokri Saying He Misrepresented Atiku. Reno Fires Back / We Will Shutdown Aso Rock If Obasanjo Is Touched - ADC / El-Rufai Secretly Withdraws Son From Public School As Kidnapping Increases - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.