Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha (34788 Views)

Patriotic Nigerians Share Food & Drinks At PVC Registration Center / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate ‘Agberos’ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by tomdon(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2023
michlins:
While agberos are a menace in Onitsha, some or if not all of the stories are exaggerated.

Meanwhile Soludo promised to fix the issue but he's currently busy writing letters to Obi.

When you hear stories about huge IGR, this is how they're made. The boys have to forcefully make the money to pay their bosses who already paid for the slots to the government

In other words in that case it's is legalized, condoned, aided and abetted by government
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by 2elliot: 9:43am On Mar 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You have good point but Onitsha and Igbos generally are something else. No order. Just money money money.
An Igbo man in Delta state just returned 75million naira wrongly paid into his account. Peter Obi, an Igbo man, did not steal govt money or even partake in the bogus plundering of our common wealth in the name of benefits as former governor. Dey play.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by BossGerald: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2023
Ballmer:
Pandora what do you have to say now.

If you believed those exaggerated stories then you're really daft...Upper iweka that thousands of people toe every minute. How can such scenario happen?
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ballmer: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2023
Did you fools not claim Pandora turn Anambra to Dubai so Peter Obi should not be blamed for the failures in Anambra but Tinubu should be blame for that of Lagos

Also Peter Obi can take credit for Anambra airport cos he saved but Tinubu that devise mean to increase IGR by over 200% to build Lekki seaport Eko Atlantic Eko rail etc save billion in returns from Econet should not be given credit ?

Can you both see you are cursed as igbos with this foolish line of senseless n foolish reasoning.

xevove2061:
Nyanabo post=121695333:

Is pandora the current governor of Anambra state? Get sense. It pays to get one.

If foolishness is not your second name, you will be addressing your comment to the right quarters, but of course, you always have to display your folly
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by BossGerald: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2023
beardedboy:
Haa, South East thugs are the worst.

Broad daylight like this, these people will rob you in the market and their fellow Igbos will keep shut.

Dem no born you to press your phone inside bus for Onitsha market.

The time I travelled to East, it's from Ondo that people have been warning me to stay alert once we leave Delta and enter Onitsha, Anambra.

See heavy sticks with nails that their thugs were using to attack traders.

That was Onitsha óò. When I got to Owerri in Imo it was same story. Daylight robbery in Douglas Market, Owerri. Igbo man will sew slippers for you and tell you it's 4k. Oga, no be new slippers I wan buy na. Na ordinary to sew slippers wey cut. Even the new slippers no pass 2k. Before you know anything the Igbo guy will change it for you. He may attack you and even call you a thief. And his fellow Igbos will either watch as he abuses you or even help him in his evil (which they are aware of).

Nobody in my family had ever been robbed at gun point until my brother was posted by NYSC to South East. Guy had to avoid road transport completely and wait till end of NYSC to take flight home.

And the wickedness of Nigeria media isn't helping. Crimes in the south east are just too underreported. All these killing, kidnapping and beheading news we see from south east are just a fraction of the reality. Haa, that place is the most backward place I've ever been to on this earth. I'm not capping!

Election nkọ, people are asking Igbos to allow foreigners contest posts in South East. Lol, you should start from asking them to allow foreigners vote.

Dem no born your papa well as a foreigner to go out and vote. This last election my uncle told me that Igbos were threatening to punish all the northerners that left south east to vote in their home towns.

Of all people in this Nigeria, south easterners are the last you would expect to talk about agberoism. But then a wickedness and hypocrisy...

Even devil go fear this your lie
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by EmpressOne(f): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2023
I am from anambra state gal living in lagos, and I can assure you that Onitsha agberos are 100 times worse than lagos agberos. Ive always had horrible experiences at onitsha when passing to my hometown Nnewi. Those guys are very callous and very deceptive

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Ijaya123: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The OP has never crossed the 9ja bridge. Na only JJC dey enter this one. Abeg shift. Talk some sense.

Agbero no dey onitsha.

Call it the native name. You cant use yoruba to call igbo boys in parks name.

In the east we buy ticket from nnewi to most part. There is more organization. Your pay all your dues in the loading point. No one stops the bus for main road except police.

Come to lagos you see things.

When people from south south and southeast come to lagos for the first time and the agbero on the road some will think its armed robbery.

Owo mi da-- where is my money.

You will hear
Owo chairman
Owo security
Owo turning
Owo iyawo chairman
Everuday they manufacture new reasons to collect money.
No organization or organic road transport.
Every is just raving mad

You can also refer to them as thugs, touts or urchins if you don’t want them called Agbero.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by obyno82: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2023
glambo:

Dig deep and u will be surprise

Oga i am from Anambra and i know you are lying
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by pacespot(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Same people abusing MC Oluomo that doesn't even do such

If you want to understand these Igbo Agbero concept of charging people with goods for crossing bridges

Go to any Igbo dominated market especially Alaba, try link Alaba from Okokomaiko around okoko police station axis , Pako bridge... You see live and direct what Igbo Agbero do to Igbo traders in Yoruba land

Everything about them is hypocrisy

Nairaland kids won't know who Bomboy (Ugochukwu Dum Obiora )of Oshodi, Apapa Lion junction was... The terror of Oshodi of the 90s killing, raping, maiming before OPC led by Gani Adams gunned him down

Tinubu sponsored OPC, and RRS cleared most of the Thugs of the 90s, the 36 kinihun, Bomboy, Ajegunle thugs

Yorubas or Igbos, Agbero is bad in either way. So don't justify one impunity with another impunity.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by RZArecta(m): 10:04am On Mar 13, 2023
gabbytabby:
my father is atypical dense agbado îmbecile who doesn't have sense at all

it's obvious
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by vannessa7(f): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2023
Lashist:

Everyone knows mumu like you will talk. As long as there is hunger in naija, these agberos will spring up everywhere. What you should look at is are govt making these agberos in anambra or other parts of naija big men? Those ones are motor park touts which are everywhere. But MC oluomo that is a known agbero has backings from lagos state govt which shouldn't be so. How many touts in igbo land do you know that has govt backup like oluomo or popular like him?? Name them if you can

They have government backing to be able to regulate their activities because in south west we are more brain than brawn, we realized blacklisting them will not make them go away rather they become more dangerous or armed robbers. At least now they have a limit they operate withing and you will see them warning their members against anything that can disturb the peace of the society and make government angry, even right now the government is still trying to proscribe them and they know, nobody is supporting their activities but just managing the bad situation so it does not escalate to the like of Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Prof0fficial: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2023
During campus days, they collected my phone at upper iweka saying they will call massob if I hesitate.

During campus days the dragged my bag to a park against my choice and gave me blow on my lips, my lips bled. later he apologized but I still entered the bus of his choice.

During campus days, men in black uniform stopped me and Barrow carrying my goods and took me to station forced me to write statement or bail myself. I bailed myself to continue my journey to pH. When I asked them to keep the goods so that the investigation will continue ifbi call my people, they said no, that I should take my goods and go after i paid 4k

When I traveled 2020 wit my car to, coming bark i had a flat tyre early morning, some group of boys came and extorted money from with threats.
I am from South East but I must confess they are as aggressive as lion in animal kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by gabbytabby: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2023
RZArecta:
it's obvious

Na una Generation and Linage no get sense and will never win
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by hardon1(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2023
One thing I know is that onitsha has the most mature agberos. Some na grand father's sef still doing agbero
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2023
Obidient urchins
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Came across this on the net.
It's about people's experience with Agberos in Onitsha.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by frankson1(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2023
michlins:
While agberos are a menace in Onitsha, some or if not all of the stories are exaggerated.

Meanwhile Soludo promised to fix the issue but he's currently busy writing letters to Obi.

When you hear stories about huge IGR, this is how they're made. The boys have to forcefully make the money to pay their bosses who already paid for the slots to the government

Their experiences are not exaggerated. I had a very bad experience myself and have sworn never to go or through Onitsha again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2023
michlins:

Mr man nothing is exaggerated! I lived in Igbo land for years, if not for population the numbers of agberos in the east could have being more than that of any other part of the country. I have a truck, no rest from agberos especially in Onitsha, Owerri and Ava these places are even worst than Lagos.
You people will come to Lagos and start screaming agberos, it is only those who have never lived or visited the east that you people will be telling that.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2023
pacespot:

Yorubas or Igbos, Agbero is bad in either way. So don't justify one impunity with another impunity.
Where were you when the Igbo are screaming agberos all over Yoruba land as if there are no agberos in Igbo land?
Yes either way agbero is bad but the Igbos should stop acting as if there are no such things in their land. I lived in the east for years so I know the whole story.
Go to Ossioma in Aba, that is hell on earth agberos every where.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by OVB123: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2023
beardedboy:

Broad daylight like this, these people will rob you in the market and their fellow Igbos will keep shut.

The time I travelled to East, it's from Ondo that people have been warning me to stay alert once we leave Delta and enter Onitsha, Anambra.

That was Onitsha óò. When I got to Owerri in Imo it was same story. Daylight robbery in Douglas Market, Owerri. Igbo man will sew slippers for you and tell you it's 4k. Oga, no be new slippers I wan buy na. Na ordinary to sew slippers wey cut. Even the new slippers no pass 2k. Before you know anything the Igbo guy will change it for you. He may attack you and even call you a thief. And his fellow Igbos will either watch as he abuses you or even help him in his evil (which they are aware of).

Nobody in my family had ever been robbed at gun point until my brother was posted by NYSC to South East. Guy had to avoid road transport completely and wait till end of NYSC to take flight home.

And the wickedness of Nigeria media isn't helping. Crimes in the south east are just too underreported. All these killing, kidnapping and beheading news we see from south east are just a fraction of the reality. Haa, that place is the most backward place I've ever been to on this earth. I'm not capping!

Election nkọ, people are asking Igbos to allow foreigners contest posts in South East. Lol, you should start from asking them to allow foreigners vote.

Dem no born your papa well as a foreigner to go out and vote. This last election my uncle told me that Igbos were threatening to punish all the northerners that left south east to vote in their home towns.

Of all people in this Nigeria, south easterners are the last you would expect to talk about agberoism. But then a wickedness and hypocrisy...
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

You must be very silly if it's Twitter comments that you uploaded here. Twitter where people posts anything just to trend. Even those that haven't been to Onitsha will cook up something to join the trend.

Besides this is not even up to half of what's done in Lagos.
STFUP there is nothing like cooked up story I am a living witness, agberos are all over east. Yes Lagos is more populated and people travel more to Lagos from other parts of the country so it easy for you to say they do more in Lagos.
Whatever might be the case there are agberos all over the east like west.
Aba, Onitsha and Owerri are the worst places.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Agberos are everywhere in Nigeria, some are state governors some are ministers some are even pastors and many are on this forum.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2023
beardedboy:

You are correct my brother! Very hypocritical set of people but I don't blame them we allowed it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 11:03am On Mar 13, 2023
quentin06:
Agberos are everywhere in Nigeria, some are state governors some are ministers some are even pastors and many are on this forum.
Absolutely! So why is it that some section of the country lie or pretend that there are no agberos on their land when it is very obvious.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2023
Upton:
Lol. At least the Agberos are not backed by the government 🤷🏾
They are backed by government all over Nigeria stop being an hypocrite! Most of these boys were used for elections.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by RZArecta(m): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2023
gabbytabby:

Na my hopeless Generation and Linage no get sense and will never have sense
amen you terrorist
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by creatorsverse(m): 11:22am On Mar 13, 2023
You ppl complaining about agbero in Onitsha, you are complaining about one particular area in Anambra but in Lagos it's everywhere mention an LGA in Lagos that you won't see agbero and I'll do give away of 100k
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by frankson1(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Haven't been to Onitsha yet,but I've heard alot of funny gists about how their agberoes behaves.... Perhaps one-day I'm going to get to Onitsha,make I go experience things by myself...

One thing I heard about that place is that with ones walking step,the agberoes will easily detect whether you're a JJC or an indigene grin. Once you fall as mugu,your own don finish grin

That place bad o...I saw things happening in broad daylight and it was like a normal thing.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by TrumpDonald2: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2023
stayclearofme:

STFUP there is nothing like cooked up story I am a living witness, agberos are all over east. Yes Lagos is more populated and people travel more to Lagos from other parts of the country so it easy for you to say they do more in Lagos.
Whatever might be the case there are agberos all over the east like west.
Aba, Onitsha and Owerri are the worst places.
You need a new brain. The one you have now is below 40%
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by frankson1(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2023
BossGerald:

If you believed those exaggerated stories then you're really daft...Upper iweka that thousands of people toe every minute. How can such scenario happen?

You're the daft one for trying to deny it. I had an experience in Onitsha about 2yrs ago. All these happen in broad daylight.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Bridget95(f): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2023
Ballmer:
You are destined to wail to death so kindly proceed.

cashless policy hook u
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by BossGerald: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2023
frankson1:

You're the daft one for trying to deny it. I had an experience in Onitsha about 2yrs ago. All these happen in broad daylight.

How does upper iweka looks like if you've really been there??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Did IMF Exclude Nigeria From 25 Nations Granted Debt Relief? (Fact Check) / Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA / Reno Omokri Clash With Tinubu Supporters In London (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.