Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners (24415 Views)

Academy Awards - Oscars 2022 (Full List Of Winners) / Academy Awards (Oscars) 2021- Full list of winners / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ishilove: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2023
Ex0rrcist:
Can't believe that banshees of inisherin didn't win anything, lost out to that fraud EEAA0, couldn't even bring myself to finishing the movie slept off thrice. I just deleted it, banshees of Inisherin is a better movie, I haven't watched the whale, so can't quite comment on Fraser's acting and if he deserved it more than Collins.
The Banshees of Inisherin is a very strange movie. Not everyone will find it interesting because of its strangeness, but that strangeness is what makes the movie so darned good

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ishilove: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2023
Joefat:
I don't know how manage Puss Boot didn't win that honor.
I haven't watched Pinnochio, so until I do I will not comment on why such an excellent masterpiece as Puss in Boots did not win Best Animated
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by savcy(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2023
Ishilove:

I haven't watched Pinnochio, so until I do I will not comment on why such an excellent masterpiece as Puss in Boots did not win Best Animated

The only sin "Puss in boots: The last wish" committed was coming out same year as Del Toro's Pinocchio. The Academy was always going to favour any Pinocchio movie due to nostalgia, and considering it was indeed a great movie, it had the Oscars coming.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by superCleanworks(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2023
jamesversion:

The Banshees of Inisherin is also a very good movie.

Yes. Undoubtedly a good one.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by elijah101(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2023
The whites pay attention to the little things we dont see … they are perfectionist in nature .. for us … as long as the film sweet … nothing else matters
Buddha3:

Omoh, that movie na for craze people.. grin

But I somehow knew it was going to be hyped. And how "del torro's Pinocchio" won an oscar over "the sea beast" is something that has to be explained.

These whites are just very weird and fvcked up beings.

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Madaraa1(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2023
If you don't understand eeao then obviously you haven't began watching movies 😂😂😂 probably only just action and shit
Try
Tenney
Doctor who
Rick and morty

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Karleb(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
This is the first time a good movie is winning best pictures in a long while.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by OmonnakOdapig: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
cool
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by rickleye: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ishilove:
The 95th Academy Awards took place at a ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday.

The following is the full list of 2023 Oscar winners:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/winners-2023-oscars-2023-03-13/

Am I the only one that hated every thing all at once ? Couldn’t even finish the movie
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by rickleye: 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
Buddha3:
Everything Everywhere All At Once.

To this very moment, I can't exactly explain that movie to anyone, even after watching it three times.

Mee too - I couldn’t even complete the movie . Didn’t like it one bit . Usually when I watch movies that sweep the globes . It’s a blockbuster. Just weird movie
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by captainking(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
superCleanworks:
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT. Excellent movie from start to the last bullet. No need for plenty talk.

Everything Everywhere All at Once - this is definitely not for shallow and unintelligent people. If you watched this movie just once and you understood it then you must have a very high IQ and I would like to be friends with you. Kindly quote me.
The story line and the editing is out of this world. Michelle Yeoh finished everything called acting in this movie.

DON'T LOOK UP - I wonder why this movie was not on the oscars list. It is a complete story of how Nigerians behave even when the truth is right in their face.
We are friends already.. I watched the movie once and understood the whole concept.. Multiple realities with each character in each realities taking different decisions that shaped their lives and 2 persons being able to harness the decisions/skills of all their counterparts in all realities.. Basically.. The movie is about the decisions and plethora of could have been and could have been not across all realities.
Loved the movie..

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by djon78(m): 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ishilove:
I really need to watch that RRR. I've heard so much about it.

Meanwhile, I am shocked to realise that the Asian kid in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom is Ke Huy Quan. Anytime I remember the movie, I hear the kid shouting in his high pitched voice "Daddy Jones!! Daddy Jones!!!"

Person don dey old o.

I will like to watch the film, it carried almost the whole Oscars

Happy for Michelle yeoh winning best actress, Malaysian Hollywood actress, I lived in Kuala Lumpur for like 4 years a decade ago so I feel connected to her. She's been long in the game.

Would have loved Angela Bassett to have won best supporting actress. She is also an oldie in the game
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Crumbian: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
Omo, the way I celebrated Brendan Fraser's win ehn... So happy for the guy.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Crumbian: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2023
captainking:

We are friends already.. I watched the movie once and understood the whole concept.. Multiple realities with each character in each realities taking different decisions that shaped their lives and 2 persons being able to harness the decisions/skills of all their counterparts in all realities.. Basically.. The movie is about the decisions and plethora of could have been and could have been not across all realities.
Loved the movie..

Like that Jet Li/Statham movie? Except One of the Jet Lis wanted to kill the other ones cheesy

Everything everywhere don dey for my telegram for months now oo and I dey use am do shakara. cheesy

Hey, did you understand Tenet at first watch?
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by saintHot: 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
superCleanworks:

that movie just had to be made. it would have been a big loss if the producers had died with the idea in their head.
you see that movie, BABYLON? that is another eye opener
the multiverse story is something I've been imagining since I was a kid(no kidding).and the 3 actors won from the same movie is a rare feat too(happened only 2wice or so before).And an earlier in the year release to win best pic is also rare...EEAAO was excellent...
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by saintHot: 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
cried the first time I watched the whale...well deserved for Brendan Fraser.
EEAAO was excellent
though best actress should have gone to ana de armas,she had the best performance despite movie been wankain
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Hokage001(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
fiercedesigner1:
Lol.
These things have really become irrelevant now.

Lol, if there's ever a category for most stupid and insignificant comment made "EVER"
I'll remember to have you nominated...

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by sageb: 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ishilove:

Pinnochio, the boy whose nose turns red whenever he tells a lie.
I like that cartoon,back then.
Nostalgia
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ishilove:
I really need to watch that RRR. I've heard so much about it.

Meanwhile, I am shocked to realise that the Asian kid in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom is Ke Huy Quan. Anytime I remember the movie, I hear the kid shouting in his high pitched voice "Daddy Jones!! Daddy Jones!!!"

Person don dey old o.

hope you don achieve something for this life as Nigeria will be in hell for another 16 years

NO HOPE
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Gmajor(m): 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
superCleanworks:
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT. Excellent movie from start to the last bullet. No need for plenty talk.

Everything Everywhere All at Once - this is definitely not for shallow and unintelligent people. If you watched this movie just once and you understood it then you must have a very high IQ and I would like to be friends with you. Kindly quote me.
The story line and the editing is out of this world. Michelle Yeoh finished everything called acting in this movie.

DON'T LOOK UP - I wonder why this movie was not on the oscars list. It is a complete story of how Nigerians behave even when the truth is right in their face.
Don't look up came out in 2021
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by superCleanworks(m): 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
Gmajor:

Don't look up came out in 2021

oh that's true
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ishilove: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
djon78:

I will like to watch the film, it carried almost the whole Oscars

Happy for Michelle yeoh winning best actress, Malaysian Hollywood actress, I lived in Kuala Lumpur for like 4 years a decade ago so I feel connected to her. She's been long in the game.

Would have loved Angela Bassett to have won best supporting actress. She is also an oldie in the game
Michelle is also an oldie and I think she deserves the award
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ex0rrcist: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
Buddha3:

Omoh, that movie na for craze people.. grin

But I somehow knew it was going to be hyped. And how "del torro's Pinocchio" won an oscar over "the sea beast" is something that has to be explained.

These whites are just very weird and fvcked up beings.
LOL 😂😂😂😂
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ex0rrcist: 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
Buddha3:

grin

You seem to hate EEAAO more than I do. And I never bothered downloading "the whale", cause the plot story wasn't exactly inspiring.
Honestly, I don't hate it. I just don't understand it, I'll check out whale still.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ex0rrcist: 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
Seunpaul01:

I've watched Banshees of Inisherin like four times. It's a kind of movie I can go to when I feel like I want to chill down and relax my mind. It's a very real movie with very little or no computer alteration. EEAAO is just as ambiguous as the title. It's just too much with no interesting point.

Banshees have won all movie awards since then except this Oscar. I think it's a misjudgment on Oscar part.
For me I see this wining as pandering to the non whites on Hollywood. The movie major cast are Chinese, that's why I think they gave it to them for adequate representation in Hollywood.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Ex0rrcist: 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
untoldtruth:

Trying watching it agan, this time with at least half of your brain in attendance, you'll get it. I promise
😭😭😭 So you're saying I didn't watch with my brain in attendance before. I still won't watch it again, my brain doesn't decipher nonsense.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by Lorayne(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
So happy for Brendan Fraser

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by 9jaRealist: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
Playmaaker14:
Notable mentions should include Prof. Manhood Yakubu (INEC Chairman)

He played a fantastic role in the blockbusting movie titled "Rig This Election"

That performance shouldn't go unnoticed by the OSCARS organizers.

grin grin grin grin

Early contender for Nairaland Post of the Year!
>

2 Likes

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by 9jaRealist: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ex0rrcist:

For me I see this wining as pandering to the non whites on Hollywood. The movie major cast are Chinese, that's why I think they gave it to them for adequate representation in Hollywood.

Really?! Didn’t realize Jamie Lee Curtis is “Chinese”….
Nor the Vietnamese leading man and Malay leading actress.

Apparently, only movies with Caucasian casts can be good…
While everything else must be “pandering” - the KKK must be proud of you.
>

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by scobaba: 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
All quiet on the western front...good movie.

Happy for Brenda Fraser....came back from the dark to win the Oscar.

Shocker for James Cameron. He really expected to win that best picture, after all the scientific improvement on motion pictures.

Ke Huy Quan came out of retirement 20 years after to win Best Supporting Oscar.

Surely a good year for NEVER GIVE UP spirit.
Re: Oscars 2023- Full List Of Winners by DelphiOracle(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
superCleanworks:

pls where will I get the movie to download

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: Your Favorite Bollywood Songs (Videos/Photos) / Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Top 7 Interesting Korean Historical Dramas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.