Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! (1811 Views)

Fani-kayode Blows Own Trumpet As Ex-aviation Minister / Igbos Are Land Grabbers; Lagos Is Yoruba's: Fani Kayode / APC Vs PDP: Fani-kayode Blows Hot, Reveals What Happened During Osun Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2023
LAGOS, MY LAGOS!
I make no apology for saying the following.
Lagos is NOT no-man's land. It belongs to the Yoruba. Other than winning the Presidency, the most important thing for the Yoruba to do today is to ensure that Babajide Sanwo-Olu is re-elected as Governor of Lagos state.

Outside of that we are finished as a race and as a people.
The Labour Party candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, whose mother and wife are Igbo and who is running a patently anti-Yoruba and pro-Igbo campaign, is one of those that burnt properties and buses during the Endsars riots.

He is also in bed with IPOB and is hell bent on imposing an unashamedly Igbo agenda on the people of Lagos state including removing all our Yoruba traditional rulers and imposing Igbo ones.

Would the Igbo allow any Yoruba man to do such a thing in the east?
Our liberalism and willingness to accommodate others has become our biggest albatross.

We gave them land, food and shelter and now they want to take everything from us and rule over us.
They have even infiltrated our Churches and introduced a brand of religious intolerance which is alien to us.

They want to deny us that which our forefathers built, fought and died for and they want to decimate our identity and redefine who we are!

Please take this very seriously and take note that it is beyond politics.
Lagos is for Lagosians and Lagosians are YORUBA!
We welcome visitors and strangers with love, kindness and open arms because that is our nature but we will never let them rule over us in our fathers land, take our land and territory and deprive us of our patrimony, heritage and ancestry.

Anything short of this would be an abomination and would attract the wrath and curse of God.
We know who we are and we know what is ours. Nothing and nobody will take that from us.

It is time to reclaim Lagos and the first step to doing that is to vote for Jide in the Governorship election on Saturday.
I call on all sons and daughters of the West and all true friends of Lagos and the West to come out and vote for Jide and the APC on that day.

Permit me to add the following.
I have spoken up for the Ibo probably more than any other non-Ibo in my generation over the years and in the recent past and I did so when most people remained silent and watched them suffer the most extreme form of persecution, wickedness and barbarity.
I am also one of those that believes strongly in the 'handshake across the Niger' and I enunciated my position boldly and clearly at the famous Enugu conference in 2018 when others were scared to speak.

Finally my belief in the concepts of restructuring, self-determination, equity and justice remain unshakable.
I also remain a strong advocate of the unity and indissolable fabric of our rainbow coalition and beautiful union and our quest to establish an exemplary and enviable multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-religious nation where every individual, regardless of tribe or faith, finds a place under the sun.

That is the sacred vision of our forefathers and it is for that vision and preservation of the unity of that unique and marvellous rainbow coalition and great nation of bright and beautiful ethnic nationalities that millions of people died during our civil war.
A heavy price was paid for our unity and the butchers bill for the preservation of our union was very high.

That is all the more reason why we should preserve it at all costs so as not to belittle and mock the sacrifices made by so many and the oceans of blood that was shed to keep us one.
Nigeria is a great, powerful and beautiful nation with so much potential and we shall do all we can to make her even greater and better by striving to live in pace and unity with one another.

However this does not mean that we can take each other for granted or treat one another with contempt.
This does not mean that we must indulge in grabbing the land and coveting the homes of others in the name unity.

This does not mean that we are a nation of anything goes where only the loudest, strongest and most aggressive have their way or where anarchy, ignorance, fascism, ethnic nationalism, racial hegemony, primitive irredentism and barefaced domination reigns supreme.

This does not mean that we will tolerate and allow others to re-echo the expansionist dreams and divisive and weighty words of the late jurist, mamber of the Legislative Council and Ibo nationalist Charles Daddy Onyeama (the distinguished and respected father of our Foreign Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama) in 1945 when he told the Ibo State Union at the Island Club in Lagos that "the Ibo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time" .

The angst and fears of the Yorubas, Hausa Fulani, Ijaw and other non-Ibos that heard those words at that time were further fuelled and re-kindled four years later in 1949 when, again in Lagos, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe himself, the Ibo leader of the NCNC, a great nationalist and the man who was almost elected Premier of the old Western Region and was later elected Premier of the old Eastern Region said,
“it would appear that the God of Africa has specially created the Ibo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of the ages”.

I guess little has changed over the last 78 years when it comes to the desire of some to want to dominate others, lead them by force and take over their land and all that is theirs.

How sad that is.
Finally this does not mean that I will sit by silently or idly and accept the absurd notion, emotional blackmail and intellectual tomfoolery of those that say that Lagos, my Lagos, the city that I come from, that I was born in, that I grew up in, that I lived in for most of my life, that my parents and grandparents were buried in and that God-willing, when my time comes, I shall also be buried in, is a 'no man's land'.

Lagos may be an increasingly racial and cultural melting pot but she is NOT a no man's land.

The history is clear. Lagos is Yoruba territory and she constitutes a vital and integral part of the South Western states of Nigeria and the Yoruba nation.

Whether anyone likes to hear it or not this is an incontrovertible fact.
As Yorubas she is our pride and joy, our shining city on a hill, our New Jerusalem and a stellar example and reflection of our liberal, cosmopolitan, civil, accommodating and generous disposition to strangers and outsiders who, over the last few decades, have made her their home.

Yet no matter how kind and accommodating we Yorubas are as a people and no matter how many non-Yorubas we integrate with, we shall NEVER concede one inch of our territory to them or allow them to claim our land, culture, values, patrimony and heritage as their own.

The day I, as a Yoruba man, can claim that Enugu belongs to me or that I can safely open a stall in Enugu market or that I can become Governor of Enugu state is the day that I shall review my position. Until then I will not do so.

Permit me to conclude with the following.
I am a proud father of 9 children, 6 of whom have mothers that are not Yoruba and 3 of whom have a mother that is only half Yoruba.
This proves that I am an intergrationist and I believe in building bridges and creating a society which allows for and encourages the mixing of ethnic bloodlines, racial tolerance and peaceful co-existence.

l am a liberal and I do not believe that it is right or proper for one race or ethnic nationality to look down on or discriminate against another. In my view we are all one, regardless of which ethnic nationality you come from or which faith you espouse.

However this does not mean that I am prepared to sacrifice my racial and cultural identity on the alter of historical revisionism. The history is clear and the facts speak for themselves.

For a non-Yoruba and particularly an Ibo to claim that Lagos belongs to them or that she is a 'no man's land' is not only absurd but also deeply insulting.
Each time they say it they are slapping us in the face and spitting on the graves of our reverred forefathers.
(FFK)

CLICK TO READ MORE DETAILS:

https://www.sojworldnews.com/lagos-is-not-a-no-mans-land-it-belongs-to-the-yoruba-fani-kayode-blows-hot/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/oyo-panic-in-ibadan-over-armed-robbery-attacks-using-pos/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/analysis-pdp-flags-ogbeni-aregbesolas-billboard-as-ex-osun-governor-may-fall-out-of-apc-by-bright-gbotemi/

For Breaking and News updates kindly send your name and location to our WhatsApp No. 09069473894, add us to your group for our news updates. IGNORE, if you're already with us.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by jkpbestseries: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2023
Lols

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by BossGerald: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2023
Lagos is a state, yoruba is not...ffk should go back to his ekiti village and stop claiming another man's state, I never see Lagosians go ekiti or ondo dey drag politics with them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Legitisreal: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2023
Igbos should suffri

No be only una dey NIGERIA na.

For north na una dey receive wotowoto pass in sabo garin, obigbo in SS the same

South west the same, haba check yourselves

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Sevenworldpower(m): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2023
Lagos belongs to egun and yorubas. Egun are not yorubas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Goodmarlian: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2023
Egun and awori have being relegated in their own land wonderful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Naira20: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2023
All these textbook to make a simple point?

Meanwhile see a Yoruba Town without Water
You think Yorubas are all st.upid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XCAyQic9w
Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by owobokiri(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2023
Lagos is a No Mans Land!
Eko was/is a property of the Great Edo kingdom, so if we are even going to trace culturally trace the historic origins of Lagos, it will easily be proven that those on a land grabbing mission here are the Yorubas! Their fixation on Lagos is slowly turning into a grand threat to the nations security!

The capital of the former Western Nigeria is ibadam not Lagos! Lagos is a distinct political territory built and maintained for decades as Nigerias former political capital and now her economic capital. Things only changed with the movement of the seat of power from Lagos o Abuja in the early 90s and after Abachas national conference. That is the fact and tribal rabble rousers should desist from trying to rewrite history!

As long as Nigeria subsists as a collective union, Lagos will remain a No Mans Land! As the financial capital of the country, this state of status is essential. Infact, the federal government should wrestle Lagos from the Tinubu clan, who have now used obnoxious tax regimes and vintage agboroism to scare away genuine businesses and investors from the countrys financial/economic capital!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 13, 2023
I hope this Lagos dragging doesn’t result to violence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by owobokiri(m): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Let them start..
We will finish it for them..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:33am On Mar 13, 2023
Lool what of the Eguns and Aworis ?
Anyways everyone will be alright laslas

P.S I don't read mentions & won't return here, so don't bother Nagode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, the Lord will satisfy you early, his mercy will locate you, the Lord will take care of you as his sheep and you will not be without any good things in Jesus name !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by emmanuelbrown26: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Let it start and see who will run before d war starts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by emmanuelbrown26: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2023
owobokiri:

Let them start..
We will finish it for them..
We fought d war and we will always fight it again. So bring it on

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by DispatcherLagos: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2023
Just because you want people to vote APC?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Kagawa10: 10:44am On Mar 13, 2023
Why always the Igbos?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by jmoore(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2023
FFK is a fool. Some yoruba people own properties in Igboland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by MaliCampus: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2023
Lagos remains No man's land.If you don't like it, Go to court.
All them Ekiti,Osun oyo boys claiming Lagos,when the time comes, the real lagosians will kick your Ass back to your state,just like they Kicked Amotekun out of Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by micchi(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2023
This urchins have nothing to campaign with again they resort to use tribal and religious jargons to fool the people after the election they continues with their corrupt ways I keep asking has Nigeria been better off today than 2015 we keep reinforcing failures

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by bencr7: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2023
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by bencr7: 11:15am On Mar 13, 2023
Yes lagos is Yoruba land,then why crying,I think your children are motherly bastard, because their mother come from d same tribe ,u are trying to cause trouble btw them and d Yoruba.
Before I don't know diz LP candidate,but after apc saw d results in Lagos,d guy became popular

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Jogs1900: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2023
owobokiri:
Lagos is a No Mans Land!
Eko was/is a property of the Great Edo kingdom, so if we are even going to trace culturally trace the historic origins of Lagos, it will easily be proven that those on a land grabbing mission here are the Yorubas!

The capital of the former Western Nigeria is ibadam not Lagos! Lagos is a distinct political territory built and maintained for decades as Nigerias former political capital and now her economic capital

As long as Nigeria subsists as a collective union, Lagos will remain a No Mans Land! As the financial capital of the country, this state of status is essential.
See what a supposed adult typed..OMG..Dont you know that 90% of today Lagos state were formerly in Western region..Why will you be calling my state a no mans land.This is the height of it and it should be viewed as hate speech .Why only igbos.You are talking about agbero..is their no agbero in your home state Anambra...Before you dabble into Lagos issue, ask questions first .
The only place where their is Benin influence is only one local government out of 20 local governments .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by owobokiri(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Jogs1900:

See what a supposed adult typed..OMG..Dont you know that 90% of today Lagos state were formerly in Western region..Why will you be calling my state a no mans land.This is the height of it and it should be viewed as hate speech .Why only igbos.You are talking about agbero..is their no agbero in your home state Anambra...Before you dabble into Lagos issue, ask questions first .
The only place where their is Benin influence is only one local government out of 20 local governments .

You're free to call Enugu, Kaduna or Calabar No Mans Lands too.
The constitution of Nigeria makes these areas some No Mans Lands .
Its what it's.. The constitution recognizes only people's ownership of property and notna tribal ownership of states! Get used to this, plss...
No part of the constitution dedicates Lagos or Owerri to certain people. All Nigerians are part owners of Nigeria! So says the constitution written by your uncles...
Maybe you should ask your uncles if this is not what they fought for when they fought for "One Nigeria"..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Jogs1900: 11:56am On Mar 13, 2023
owobokiri:

You're free to call Enugu, Kaduna or Calabar No Mans Lands too.
The constitution of Nigeria makes these areas some No Mans Lands .
Its what it's.. The constitution recognizes only people's ownership of property and notna tribal ownership of states! Get used to this, plss...
No part of the constitution dedicates Lagos or Owerri to certain people. All Nigerians are part owners of Nigeria! So says the constitution written by your uncles...
Maybe you should ask your uncles if this is not what they fought for when they fought for "One Nigeria"..
When you are filling a form and they ask for your state of origin, write Lagos then...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
Leave dem.. den skip GEOGRAPHY, why not say ABUJA na no MANS' LAND.. make aboki hwar well for EAR!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Winnersunited: 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jogs1900:

When you are filling a form and they ask for your state of origin, write Lagos then...
Will Fani Kayode write Lagos. Is an Indigenous person

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by owobokiri(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Leave dem.. den skip GEOGRAPHY, why not say ABUJA na no MANS' LAND.. make aboki hwar well for EAR!
No one is going to cut off your head in Abuja for saying that Abuja is a No Mans Land. The idea of "abokis" doing anything silly is a figment of your murderous imaginations. Its only insecure people like you that piss in your tribal pants over such pedestrian languages

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Jogs1900: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
Winnersunited:
Will Fani Kayode write Lagos. Is an Indigenous person
What I'm saying is calling Lagos a no mans land is hate speech..Moreover, this why is this always coming from a particular tribe...it looks suspicious .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Neckpresser101: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jogs1900:

What I'm saying is calling Lagos a no mans land is hate speech..Moreover, this why is this always coming from a particular tribe...it looks suspicious .

Tell me which igbo person has said

Just one !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by jmoore(m): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jogs1900:

Seun Kuti that said Lagos is not Yoruba land is from Imo state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Jogs1900: 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Tell me which igbo person has said

Just one !

OUK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Not A No-man's Land. It Belongs To The Yoruba - Fani-kayode Blows Hot! by Neckpresser101: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jogs1900:

OUK

Anyone else?

How does OUK represent the general opinion of very igbos?

Seun kuti is from Lagos State he himself said Lagos is no man's land

If you actually take his opinion serious

What do you have to say about what Yul Edochie said about Lagos belonging to yorubas?

I personally believe that Lagos belongs Yorubas

I mean it will be hilarious for someone to tell me Omoku where I'm from belongs to Hausas because there are alot of hausas there grin grin

I'll laugh it out

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Uproar As Peter Obi Quoted Fake Statistics In Bangladesh / Tinubu Tells U.S. Court He’ll Be Badly Affected If FBI Releases His Records – PG / Size Of Bayelsa State In Comparison To Rivers State... (photos)..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.