Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking (23372 Views)

CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances / Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) / CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by TechguyBlog: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Lol.... We simply lack the infrastructures for cashless policy simple...
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Thomasankara(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
[/color]Dem go gree employ people wey no get connection, are they even willing to pay these guys handsomely. [color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by stano2(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
Bridget95:
Did they f^ck ? See the way the girl is all over him forgetting her brain and bank account.
Omo…. Na de guy i de report, not the gal. I don’t know who the girl is

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Litmus: 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
Offpoint1:
Offtopic...

I wonder why Urchins/some Nigerians are attacking Emefiele instead of Buhari their messiah. Ts's like the nonsense our teachers where doing then back... punishing student for non-payment of school fees instead of the parents.

You all know Buhari the directives, Emefelie works with Buhari's instructions.

I support the policy and I will keep on supporting it, an extremely corrupt country like Nigeria should go cashless.

We should channel all our efforts towards the banks to upgrade their servers/equipments...

Nigerians sabotage thire own portential to benefit from high yilding fruits for the dubious prize of low hanging corrupted fruits. Same way Nigeriains don't want to develop an evidence based culture due to the benefits everyon enjoys by being able to make up stories without fear of litigation.

Majority Nigerians philosophy is little better than that of Bokoharam Terrorists that don't want a developed society because Modern societies religate thire medival cultural wants and preferences to the garbage dump.
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Bridget95(f): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
stano2:
Omo…. Na de guy i de report, not the gal. I don’t know who the girl is
Have you reported him to the police?
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by bluefilm: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
I thank God for Kuda.

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by stano2(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
Bridget95:
Have you reported him to the police?
I need to know his locations first
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Redhot0007: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
Beating around the bush. It is not a rocket science to implement a scalable server. In scalable servers, the server capacity scales up or down depending on demand/request or transaction. There's no excuse for sabotage.

3 Likes

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by 1Nairaboy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
None of these Nigerian japarist created any banking apps, they all used imported apps. ?Why are you telling me that the ones left can't be able to man software and also have a mind of what they want to achieve (growth & dB ACID, maintenance), after them don employ man know man. Abeg don’t make all the tech people in Nigeria look stupid.

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by winner37(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
Is like a Muslim Muslim ticket 😝😝😝 things are derailing due to brain malfunctioning 🤣🤣🤣

If I mentioned your papa comment nonsense let me see !!
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by almarthins(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
seanwilliam:

Failed transaction will take a month to resolve , rubbish banks

I still get pend transaction with fcmb since January

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by CSTRR: 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2023
And once those guys become experienced, they would japa too.

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by lereinter(m): 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
Useless cashless policy

Pay will stay if paid well
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Coolgasman(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Can't it be done remotely? Whether you are in U.S or Ghana, it's an IT job for crying out loud. All you need is a table , chair and good internet service. Should them leaving the country be an issue?
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
MT:

Opay and Moniepoint do not have the security layers that commercial banks must comply with as mandated by the CBN. More reasons that fraud is easy to perpetrate with these banks.

The more the security layers, the longer it takes for a single transaction to be completed.

Where do you think NIBSS comes in? I think they also play an important role in interbank transactions? How efficient is the service?
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by MT: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Where do you think NIBSS comes in? I think they also play an important role in interbank transactions? How efficient is the service?

NIBSS is involved in interbank transaction. Their APIs handle the debit and credit. However, commercial banks need to run different checks before a transaction can be successfully consumed. OPAY, MOniePoint and the likes have a thin layer of checks that they run which make their platform more suspectible to fraud but the trade off is , the platform becomes faster compared to the commercial banks.
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
MT:

NIBSS is involved in interbank transaction. Their APIs handle the debit and credit. However, commercial banks need to run different checks before a transaction can be successfully consumed. OPAY, MOniePoint and the likes have a thin layer of checks that they run which make their platform more suspectible to fraud but the trade off is , the platform becomes faster compared to the commercial banks.

In your view, what are the measures that can curtail the current wave of internet banking failures?
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Backpedal: 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
MT:
This is an article riddled with lot of ignorance.

Do people even understand the technology, infrastructure and skill sets that are available in the bank?

Some good hands have left but there are still enough good hands having a crack at everything.

People don't understand what go on behind the hoods and the number of machines that have to "talk" to themselves before a transaction is consumed. Their own epileptic internet while transaction is yet to fully consume will also be blamed on the banks.

Nigeria is a country where "Network" is blamed on everything.
Are you sure you have full knowledge of what you Talkin bout ?
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by MT: 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
Backpedal:

Are you sure you have full knowledge of what you Talkin bout ?

No. Educate me please

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Fearyourcreator: 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Only in Nigeria will bank issue you old note n won't collect it back.......
If u are surviving this country now then u need award of survival of the fittest
I heard people wanted the money like that ... So they gave them since they were threatening the bank staffs... So how them go collect am back...
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by rumenase(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2023
You don’t force cashless policy on people, I don buy something 20 minutes now dey still dey wait for alert before dey allow me comot.

1 Like

Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Blackdisciple(m): 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
Another lies
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by Onyenna(m): 2:03am On Mar 14, 2023
iichidodo:
There's nothing there to fix....Just improve the broadband maybe from 10 gigabits per second to 100 terabits per second ... That's all.

Simple! Well said!! They’re just trying to blame the so called inexperienced IT guys……. Nigerian banks have very weak infrastructure via IT……. The traffic is now too massive for them to handle…..
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by lagosrd: 5:12am On Mar 14, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/inexperienced-tech-personnel-in-banks-scuttle-cashless-banking/

Exactly what you should expect when you give out your best brains to your colonizers. Brain drain in the primary schools to follow coupled by shortage of medical personnels. The IT guys were continuously underpaid compared to their counterparts in the rest of the world. The banks keeps declaring huge profits year in year out for their owners and think they can pay peanuts with no clear career growth path but quick to promote some brainless highhill mediocres.

Those young IT guys were never given any support not help on advanced competency training. Everything has now collapsed. The same way we said ain't vote them ooo but some of you said we are jokers .... Ok let's see how it goes
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by benzems(m): 5:21am On Mar 14, 2023
Internet traffic has nothing to do with inexperienced people.
Re: How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:18am On Mar 14, 2023
Ventura1:
The problem is more of IT infrastructure than personnel, what is the speed of the backbones powering their servers. Google alone have over 80 data centers around the world, below is how a typical data centers looks.

Datacenters do not run themselves, applications do not write themselves. You can buy all the infrastructure you want but you need people to install and maintain those systems

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga / I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil / My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.