Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil (23342 Views)

Four Failed Cbn’s Attempts To Arrest Naira Free Fall / Customers Get Boutique Owner Arrested For Selling Fake Slippers For 8k In Asaba / Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Hardtotrust: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2023
I am very very angry right now. I couldn't sleep last night. That is why I'm bringing this here this morning before I do something very bad. A father should be after the growth of his son and not after ruining him.

Please you guys should help me look into this matter. I understand that it was a matter of life and important concern.

I'm seriously struggling in the city to eck a living for myself and do the little I can for my family also. My father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family. Some of us who come from a very poor background would understand this better. I mean coming from where absolutely nothing is kept for you. No support from the family and nothing, nothing and nothing. You are the one who die and same you would have to pour yourself water to come back to life. You, you and only you.

I buy fast consuming products and supply to people and make some gains from there. Sometimes I hawk the products. I was able to save up to N150k. Around May this year, I went to the village and bought some rubbers of palm oil and store them to sell around November/December and make gains.

Last week, I got a call that wind pulled off our house roof in the village. Since they are using small torchlight phone, I didn't get to see how serious the situation was. Even though I didn't have money, I sent N15k to help fix it. My father later called me and complained bitterly on why I sent just 15k, that according to the carpenter, that materials and workmanship would cost N65k. In my mind, I was just like, does this man even know how I survive here in the city?

For two nights, they didnt sleep in the house as the wind pulled off the rooof.

On Tuesday, I learnt my younger brother was being operated of Hernia. I know about the hernia but was under plan to raise money for it. And I knew there was no money to settle medical bills for operation. So I was shocked where they got the money to do operation.

As I traveled down yesterday to see them, dear Nairaland friends, all my rubbers of palm oil has been sold and the money spent on fixing the roof and paying for the medical bills for the hernia operation without my notice.

I am not taking this kindly with my father who engineered the whole thing and I want to arrest him to refund my money.

That is my life investment and it took me so much to raise the amount. Due to how things are now. I even wanted to sell two rubbers to invest back as the business is facing challenges now.

What should I do here to recover my money back? If I have another money, I would over look it but that is my life investment of my labour.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Kudman: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2023
Ok

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Hardtotrust: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2023
I need good advice on what to do.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by UrPapa: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2023
You need to act bro. This is cheating of the highest order. You should not look away from this act and make sure he’s prosecuted
First report him to soldiers. Let dem give him a very good beating
Then after, you can call the police so they take him to station for further interrogation and beating
From there, he’ll be charged to court and sent to jail

136 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Oblongata: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Move on! If I were you I would be very happy I was able to help! You have allowed the toxicity in your family to be a part of you!

285 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by pyyxxaro: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2023
Go and arrest him asap

Don’t. Forget to start saving money because your son would use Interpol to arrest very soon 😀😀😀

268 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by freemanq(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2023
Go and ask your village king asap

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by HeartlessMan: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2023
Poor man and entitlement mentality

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by duro4chang(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2023
You must jail am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by michlins(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2023
Honestly I don't know how to help you. This whole thing is not straight. Your dad was under immense pressure meanwhile this is your life savings and investments.

But here's what I can tell you,if your brother had died, you will still sell the kegs, and it won't be enough to bury him.

Just find a way to move forward with your wife but no matter what you do, do not marry yet. Don't let the frustration push you into the hands of a woman cause you will be extending this poverty to your own kids

370 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by MRDEE01: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2023
I thought he used the money to marry a new wife play pool or give to side chick.

After getting angry,you should thank God you were able to save the day.

Get up and device another legitimate means than can help you make more money.

Our families are reasons why we work extra hard.
May God help you to take them vacation abroad someday.

281 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by advanceDNA: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Seun, Nlfpmod, Mynd44

Na so family dey do....they just like to feel entitled at our expense...

Your father was under pressure and took the route that says "the need of many superceeds the need of one"

U have a right to be angry......he should have told u before selling and apologize .....
.even if he use the money play naija bet.....will you send him to prison?? Family go enter the matter..them go beg u...las las u go gree....so Baba...u need to die the matter.....

Look at it this way...ur brother's life cannot be replaced.........but with time, u can recover ur investment.... technically..u saved him

Pele... u go dey alright

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Onucs(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2023
This na serious family matter. But honestly, even you sef no go feel alright later if your bro eventually die because your popsy no get money for his treatment. That time, I am sure you would be asking, why didn't they sell your oil to treat him?

It happens in the journey to success, we rise and fall many times. But your ability to rise every time you fall until you succeed is what matters.

All I can tell you is dat, u have to start again and learn from your mistake. That don't mean u should ignore critical family issues simply because of money sha.

You will be alright and I pray God multiplies the outcome of your future hustles.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Razakki1: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Seun, Nlfpmod, Mynd44
don't even try to report him to police. Your dad did the right thing. he knew if he informs u before selling it, you won't agree. Abi u for like to hear say common hernia kill your brother u go happy? just call for a meeting with someone he respects let him say when and how he will return ur money and you follow up

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Namdeenero(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2023
If I were you I’d turn that anger into thanksgiving. The money wasn’t squandered but used to save your own brothers life plus shelter your parents. Say a very emotional prayer and ask God to multiply that money a thousand folds then have faith and keep working hard. Then talk to your father calmly, tell him you’re not mad at him

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Razakki1: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2023
even if he is returning the money it must not be all the money. he should return 50% or less. except he is capable of refunding 100% which to me I think it's wrong because he used the money for a good reason

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by FairlyUSEDpussy: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2023
Hardtotrust:
I am very very angry right now. I couldn't sleep last night. That is why I'm bringing this here this morning before I do something very bad. A father should be after the growth of his son and not after ruining him.

Please you guys should help me look into this matter. I understand that it was a matter of life and important concern.

I'm seriously struggling in the city to eck a living for myself and do the little I can for my family also. My father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family. Some of us who come from a very poor background would understand this better. I mean coming from where absolutely nothing is kept for you. No support from the family and nothing, nothing and nothing. You are the one who die and same you would have to pour yourself water to come back to life. You, you and only you.

I buy fast consuming products and supply to people and make some gains from there. Sometimes I hawk the products. I was able to save up to N150k. Around May this year, I went to the village and bought some rubbers of palm oil and store them to sell around November/December and make gains.

Last week, I got a call that wind pulled off our house roof in the village. Since they are using small torchlight phone, I didn't get to see how serious the situation was. Even though I didn't have money, I sent N15k to help fix it. My father later called me and complained bitterly on why I sent just 15k, that according to the carpenter, that materials and workmanship would cost N65k. In my mind, I was just like, does this man even know how I survive here in the city?

On Tuesday, I learnt my younger brother was being operated of Hernia. I know about the hernia but was under plan to raise money for it. And I knew there was no money to settle medical bills for operation. So I was shocked where they got the money to do operation.

As I traveled down yesterday to see them, dear Nairaland friends, all my rubbers of palm oil has been sold and the money spent on fixing the roof and paying for the medical bills for the hernia operation without my notice.

I am not taking this kindly with my father who engineered the whole thing and I want to arrest him to refund my money.

That is my life investment and it took me so much to raise the amount. Due to how things are now. I even wanted to sell two rubbers to invest back as the business is facing challenges now.

What should I do here to recover my money back? If I have another money, I would over look it but that is my life investment of my labour.

I understand yo pains bro..........
But.......u sud chill a lil first.........he might have plans of refunding u the money..........

Then again remember u saved yo brother too.........

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by budaatum: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2023
No police would arrest your father for saving your brother and for fixing your family home. They'd in fact see you as a bad and irresponsible child who yourself should be arrested, and you'd forever have a bad name in the community for having your father arrested.

You seem angry that your "father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family", but you don't sound pleased that your father was not an armed robber who stole to provide you with lots. And that just shows the poverty of your mind, which you should consider rectifying pretty soon.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Emmizay12(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2023
Hardtotrust:

you are blaming your father for being poor, blaming your family, yes it hurts
but life has played you your own hand

God blessed you with that life savings to help your bro and family, you should be happy because you are able to lend support that you claim your family have never supported you before...

change your mindset bro, some people came from far worst conditions than you, but here they are today thriving,,

express your anger if you feel the need to, but that should be it, channel the remaining energy into becoming a successful business person

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by matrixme(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2023
If we talk now them go say we don put tribe matta inside. Because I don't know how you would want to sue your own father because he sold stuff for life threatening situations. If to say he used the money for clubbing or marry a new wife now, I would have supported you.
So you prefer your brother dies in the hospital while your family doesn't have a roof over your head so you can be a big boy by December? Make una dey take things easy oo! You should be happy your forethought saved the situation.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2023
It's painful but you have to take it easy not to complicate the whole issue.May God bless you to do more for your family

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Hardtotrust: 11:23am On Jul 10, 2023
Some of you are saying he did the right thing. Assuming the money I used to buy the oil wasn't even mine? What if it was contribution money or a loan somewhere?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Emmizay12(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hardtotrust:
Some of you are saying he did the right thing. Assuming the money I used to buy the oil wasn't even mine? What if it was contribution money or a loan somewhere?

you will find a way to make that money,

you should be angry that you are poor

make up your mind to be rich and work towards it so you can help your family and your children in ways nobody helped you..

omo if your pikin carry your mind ehn,,, Inshort na beat him go beat you, no be police him go call

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Hardtotrust: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Emmizay12:

you will find a way to make that money,

you should be angry that you are poor

make up your mind to be rich and work towards it so you can help your family and your children in ways nobody helped you..

omo if your pikin carry your mind ehn,,, Inshort na beat him go beat you, no be police him go call

Lol. Certainly I will do better than my father. And I will not begin to do things that will cause my son's falling than rising.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by dominique(f): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2023
As painful as losing the money is, take consolation in the fact that the money was not squandered. It was used in settling pressing family needs. Needs that could have turned into a huge disaster if not immediately curtailed. You think your father will be happy taking what belongs to you to settle those pressing needs? He was left with no choice. You're within your rights to express your displeasure but wanting to arrest him is taking things too far.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by SocialJustice: 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Seun, Nlfpmod, Mynd44
Learn your lesson and move on. Your dad is not in a position to repay your money unless you know he has assets that can be sold which I doubt. Arresting your dad is equal to wasting the money you have left on police.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by meobizy(f): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
I don’t think you have a choice. Continue life as it is. You’ve learned from this. Find a hiding spot he can’t reach next time.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Dproperties: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
Wahala
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ItisWell22(f): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ahhh 😯

I’m sure op came here thinking NLers would approve of his thought 💯

You have to seriously wrestle against an impoverished mindset.

You should be glad you could be of help to your family, not being this bitter against your own father.

I pray you be a father soon, so you realize that “the nothings” your father did for you were sacrifices in his own nothingness.

Remember to recite Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s line, “I will never be broke!”
You may simply rephrase it, “I refuse to be poor for long”; 50 recitations 3x daily.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business / How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga / Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.