Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

6 Ways To Reduce Swollen Ankles And Feet: Tips And Tricks For Relief - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Ways To Reduce Swollen Ankles And Feet: Tips And Tricks For Relief (394 Views)

Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off / I'm Still A Virgin But Have Swollen Tummy Like Fibroid- A Friend Seeks Advice / My Wife & Others Have Abandoned Me – Man With Swollen Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Reduce Swollen Ankles And Feet: Tips And Tricks For Relief by buniondr(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Swollen ankles and feet, also known as edema, can be a sign of a variety of health conditions. The swelling occurs when fluid builds up in the tissues, usually in the lower extremities. Some causes of edema include:

- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Pregnancy
- Being overweight or obese
- Certain medications, such as blood pressure medications and antidepressants
- Heart, liver, or kidney disease
- Lymphedema, which is a blockage in the lymphatic system
- Blood clots

If you are experiencing swelling in your ankles and feet, it's important to talk to your doctor to determine the underlying cause. In the meantime, there are some things you can do to help reduce the swelling:

1. Elevate your legs: Prop your legs up on a pillow or chair to help reduce the amount of fluid that accumulates in your lower extremities.

2. Wear compression socks: Compression socks can help reduce swelling by applying pressure to the legs and helping to push fluid back up toward the heart.

3. Stay active: Regular exercise can help improve circulation and prevent fluid buildup.

4. Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time: Take breaks and walk around or stretch your legs every hour or so to keep the blood flowing.

5. Reduce salt intake: Too much salt can cause your body to retain fluids, which can contribute to swelling.

6. Drink plenty of water: Drinking water can help flush excess fluids from your body and reduce swelling.

7. Try diuretics: Your doctor may prescribe a diuretic, which is a medication that helps your body get rid of excess fluid.

Swollen ankles and feet can be uncomfortable and even painful, but there are things you can do to help alleviate the swelling. Talk to your doctor to determine the underlying cause and develop a treatment plan that works for you.

You may also like: shoes for swollen feet

Re: 6 Ways To Reduce Swollen Ankles And Feet: Tips And Tricks For Relief by johnstar(m): 8:07am On Mar 14, 2023
buniondr:
Swollen ankles and feet, also known as edema, can be a sign of a variety of health conditions. The swelling occurs when fluid builds up in the tissues, usually in the lower extremities. Some causes of edema include:

- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Pregnancy
- Being overweight or obese
- Certain medications, such as blood pressure medications and antidepressants
- Heart, liver, or kidney disease
- Lymphedema, which is a blockage in the lymphatic system
- Blood clots

If you are experiencing swelling in your ankles and feet, it's important to talk to your doctor to determine the underlying cause. In the meantime, there are some things you can do to help reduce the swelling:

1. Elevate your legs: Prop your legs up on a pillow or chair to help reduce the amount of fluid that accumulates in your lower extremities.

2. Wear compression socks: Compression socks can help reduce swelling by applying pressure to the legs and helping to push fluid back up toward the heart.

3. Stay active: Regular exercise can help improve circulation and prevent fluid buildup.

4. Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time: Take breaks and walk around or stretch your legs every hour or so to keep the blood flowing.

5. Reduce salt intake: Too much salt can cause your body to retain fluids, which can contribute to swelling.

6. Drink plenty of water: Drinking water can help flush excess fluids from your body and reduce swelling.

7. Try diuretics: Your doctor may prescribe a diuretic, which is a medication that helps your body get rid of excess fluid.

Swollen ankles and feet can be uncomfortable and even painful, but there are things you can do to help alleviate the swelling. Talk to your doctor to determine the underlying cause and develop a treatment plan that works for you.

You may also like: shoes for swollen feet

hello, is there a drug for neuropathy pain..
like a nerves damage pains.. one side of my face is swollen, my hears beats so fast that it skip a beats..
i sometimes have anxiety..

i don’t know if you can understand the health condition im having sha.. but when i sand for a minute i start seeing vains coming down my legs and hands..

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Reduce Swollen Ankles And Feet: Tips And Tricks For Relief by buniondr(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2023
Hello! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing neuropathy pain and other symptoms. Neuropathy can be a challenging condition to manage, but there are several medications that can be effective in reducing pain and improving overall quality of life.

It's important to speak with a healthcare professional to get a proper diagnosis and discuss the best treatment options for your specific condition. Some medications that may be prescribed for neuropathy pain include anti-seizure drugs, antidepressants, topical creams, and opioids in severe cases. However, it's important to note that some of these medications may have side effects and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider.

Regarding the swelling on one side of your face and the fast heartbeat with occasional skipped beats, these symptoms may be related to a different health condition. I strongly recommend that you see a doctor as soon as possible to rule out any underlying medical issues and get proper treatment.

Lastly, the appearance of veins on your legs and hands when standing for a prolonged period may be a sign of poor circulation or varicose veins. Wearing compression stockings and elevating your legs when sitting can help alleviate these symptoms, but it's still best to consult with a healthcare provider to rule out any underlying conditions.

I hope this information is helpful, and I encourage you to seek medical attention to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan tailored to your individual needs. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Telemedicine: Book Your Online Consultation With A Paediatrician / Transgender Jay Boogie, Cries Out For Help Calls Out Surgeon Over Failed Surgery / The Party Some Played Soccer For A While Him Integrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.