Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men (62600 Views)

US Woman Encounters Water Snake, Vows Never To Swim Again / Topless Photos Of Vladimir Putin Earns Him Russia's Sexiest Man Award (Photos) / Feminists Protesting Topless In Public Bundled Away By Ukrainian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by HonNL: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
Women in Berlin can now swim topless in the city’s public pools if they choose to – just as men can.

As well as being hailed as a step forward for gender equality in the German capital, the measure introduced this week is symptomatic of Germany’s love of Freikoerperkultur – literally translated as ‘free body culture’ – which has its roots in the late 19th century.

Berlin’s authorities took action after a female swimmer said she was prevented from attending one of the city’s pools without covering her chest in December 2022. The woman lodged a complaint with the city’s ombudsman’s office at the Senate Department for Justice, Diversity and Anti-Discrimination.

Authorities agreed that the woman had been a victim of discrimination and this week said that all visitors to Berlin’s pools, including women and those who identify as non-binary, are permitted to go topless.

It follows a similar incident at a Berlin water park in the summer of 2021. French woman Gabrielle Lebreton sought financial compensation from the city after security guards ordered her to leave the premise when she refused to cover up her breasts.

She was with her five-year-old son when the incident happened. Speaking to German newspaper Die Zeit at the time about why she believed it was gender discrimination, she said: “For me — and I teach this to my son — no, there is no such difference. For both men and women, the breast is a secondary sexual characteristic but men have the freedom to remove their clothes when it is hot and women do not.”

Berlin’s state government confirmed the move in a press release Thursday. “As a result of a successful discrimination complaint, the Berlin bathing establishments will in future apply their house and bathing regulations in a gender-equitable manner,” the statement reads.

SOURCE

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
More men are about to start drowning 😂 😂 😂.

609 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Jestin: 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Running to Berlin in next summer. Free Wi-Fi connection go full pool side

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by ernesco0816517(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
🤔
Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by GOTVee: 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think I must give kudos to our Muslim brothers and sisters for living by the tenets of islam. No Islamic ruling nor nation will give a nod to this madness and we wonder why they are more morally up right than we Christians? Weird acts and cultures are common amongst Christian nations yet we think we are more righteous. Sometimes I regret being a Christian sad

334 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by pyyxxaro: 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Last Last , many men go enter Jail

because some men when sabi swim go swim go under the poool , so that they drag or slacken any big bweast from underwater grin

E go sweet shaa , because the pool go de full steady and bweast go full everywhere

On this Mandate I stand

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by jumper524(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
This is what I call true equality.
Nairaland feminist should take note.

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by LOVEGINO(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
I dey there oooooooooo

6 Likes

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by miniziter(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Time to relocate

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by burp18: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Humans keep evolving 😄

18 Likes

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by rantitubs: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wow

1 Like

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by ignis: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Nice one... There is no much difference between a guy's chest and a lady's chest. It's just the size.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Salmoneus(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Mrfksb1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Okay
Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by festacman(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
I am sure men won't complain. grin

Visit to pools for sight-seeing will soon rival football as the number 1 men's means of entertainment.

End-time stuff!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Crownofwealth(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
VISA TO GERMANY LOADING grin grin grin BOBRISKY THINGS

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Millimann: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
We, the men don't have any issue with that.

In fact, we encourage them to carry on with this agenda.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by Kobicove(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
This over liberalization they're practicing in the western world will end up causing more problems later...

The only thing remaining now is for them to start giving people permission to get married to animals undecided

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
I can travel there
Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by stabilizer: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Berlin ya! I didn't read the whole news, the headline is so attracting that I rushed down here to see women with boobs flying here and there. But the OP dey play! See where he go take picture.. Picture wey you suppose zoom closer before taking the shot so we can examine the nipples very well, to at least use am easy Emiefele madness of cash flow

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by IrepChrist: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
When the end is not too far.
The days of lawlessness and impunity for sin is here. And the spirit of seduction receives validation.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by raskymonojendor: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
This is good news. The kind of gender equality men would like.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by stonemasonn: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Oh well their population is dwindling, they need the men to be sexually activated.

4 Likes

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by fk001(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Who cares let them do it. Men will enjoy the view and there is nothing the so-called Feminists will do about it. They should even swim with the men in same pool.

When will Nigerian feminist protest for same law? Oh, I remember Nigerian Feminist mostly have appalling body statue that is not pleasant to the eyes, that's why they are aggressive and hulk/Hellboy looking.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by BluntCrazeMan: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Wonderful..

They should not hesitate to join in taking group photographs with their bare chests...

At least, now that the world have already accepted bikini.,,
It's time to gradually start to accept bare chests too..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by bluefilm: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Was anybody preventing them from doing so before? undecided

All these useless people with their useless and senseless woke ideologies.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by LoveJesus87(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Pastor Righteousness, pls hurry up

9 Likes

Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by pman096(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
And complains rose by 1000%
Re: Women In Berlin Can Swim Topless In Public Pools Just Like Men by BigYash: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
More men are about to start drowning 😂 😂 😂.
Na for those when like breast grin The sight of breast no dey move me..

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Claims He Is Trump's Half Brother - Pic / Kim Jong-Un's Sister Swapped Pen Provided For Signing The Agreement(Photos) / Biden, Macron & Other G7 Leaders Mock Bare-Chested Horseback Rider Putin (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.