Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Why do men rape? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why do men rape? (1258 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Hoodlums Gang-Rape Lady To Death In Kogi / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do men rape? by pendo89(f): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
I have been motivated to ask this cz of 2 violation stories I read here so help me understand.
At what point does the 'violation urge' hit a man?
Is it an ogre lying dormant in every man's heart waiting for the perfect opportunity and environment to strike or one that pops up as soon as a man sees a lady and feels that its either now or never.
So does it mean that men who don't carry out the beastly act have learnt to exercise self control over the ogre?
Its still in there rem.

If for instance a girl gets violated after she goes visiting her boyfriend or a male relative, ( yes those two whom she trusts),would we be right in assuming that the man has been 'harbouring and nursing' that urge and was only waiting for the perfect moment to strike or you want to convince me that he thought of violation the moment the girl walked in through the door?
I know there are mad fellows who violation at will but when it comes to somebody being violated by relatives or close friend, I wonder if its an inborn thing(ogre) in men that drives away common sense at that particular moment.

What characteristics do potential rapists posess? I am sure they don't which again confirms my fear that its a silent dormant ogre in most men.

Stay safe.
Re: Why do men rape? by BABE3: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
You're over-analyzing/thinking the situation.

What is [i]Ra[/i]pe? The act of using force to get your s[i]ex[/i]ual wants. (that wasn't a detailed definition, but you get what I mean).

Using force to get things from other people is a generic thing. 

What would you say about armed-robbers? You think they have some "armed robbery" gene hidden in their chromosomes?

Re: Why do men rape? by claremont(m): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2011
pendo89:

Don't crucify me guys.
[size=13pt]I have been motivated to ask this cz of 2 violation stories I read here so help me understand[/size].
At what point does the 'violation urge' hit a man?
Is it an ogre lying dormant in every man's heart waiting for the perfect opportunity and environment to strike or one that pops up as soon as a man sees a lady and feels that its either now or never.
So does it mean that men who don't carry out the beastly act have learnt to exercise self control over the ogre?
Its still in there rem.

If for instance a girl gets violated after she goes visiting her boyfriend or a male relative, ( yes those two whom she trusts),would we be right in assuming that the man has been 'harbouring and nursing' that urge and was only waiting for the perfect moment to strike or you want to convince me that he thought of violation the moment the girl walked in through the door?
I know there are mad fellows who violation at will but when it comes to somebody being violated by relatives or close friend, I wonder if its an inborn thing(ogre) in men that drives away common sense at that particular moment.

What characteristics do potential rapists posess? I am sure they don't which again confirms my fear that its a silent dormant ogre in men.

Ok let the mob justice begin but use sponges not stones. grin

You are welcome to throw sponges.

So 2 unproven allegations of r-ape you read on here is your sole motivation for asking if ALL men are rapists?! Interesting! shocked shocked shocked
I seriously wonder what motivates human beings to utter statements without any form of objective evidence to back it up; people seem to prefer getting enthralled with old-wives-fables and hear-say, rather than back up their assertions with objective facts. Na wa 4 some people oh!

1 Like

Re: Why do men rape? by pendo89(f): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^
Those are samples. I can't prove cz those are other peoples stories but violation is everywhere.
You guys keep saying all nigerian girls are golddiggers don't you? But you know its not true.
Mine is a question not a closed statement.

Some thieves or robbers must steal.They sleep, eat,dream and plot how to rob 24/7.
There's the other group that steals on sight.They don't think or plot about it till they see the goods.
You know what I think? it could be an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

In that case men suffer from despoil related OCD.
The r.ap.i.s.t.s exhibit obsessive and compulsive behaviour while real men suffer from obsession only.
Real men have learnt to tame their compulsion.
But its still in there though  undecided
Re: Why do men rape? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
You wanna tell me even Priests are potential rapists? cheesy grin grin

P.S whatsup with all the violation topics today? So scary.
Re: Why do men rape? by pendo89(f): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^ Yes Rokiatu.Oooh the clergy top the list.
I have been reading lots of violation stuff thats why I decided to ask this.
Almost everyman is Desecrating someone somwhere.
Re: Why do men rape? by claremont(m): 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
pendo89:

^^ Yes Rokiatu.They are the worst fyi. grin
WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS LADY SAYING?! Okay, I give up, I really do! angry angry angry
Re: Why do men rape? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
pendo89:

^^ Yes Rokiatu.They are the worst fyi. grin
Big up. I can not. Even by reading this your thread my stomach hurt already. grin
Re: Why do men rape? by Tosinville(m): 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
How can all men be Potential r4pist just because ur ex, boyfriend or some family member are one? Holy fuckadelic.
Re: Why do men rape? by pendo89(f): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
claremont:

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS LADY SAYING?! Okay, I give up, I really do! angry angry angry
Claremont sleep well. grin
I have read despoil stories here on NL romance section today and am just throwing this out.
Its only a question not a fact or statement so dont top pick out a line and crucify b4 you understand the context
Re: Why do men rape? by BABE3: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ Pendo89, if you ask me, this topic is not even worth discussing. (no offeince). grin

Every single human being born of a woman, has the potential of being "a bad person/sinner".

So, yes all men are potential r[i]api[/i]sts.

You, Pendo, are also a potential ra[i]pi[/i]st.  smiley
Re: Why do men rape? by xynerise: 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2011
@pendo89. Report ur case to d police if u were raped and dont come here to make rhetoric statement. tongue
Re: Why do men rape? by pendo89(f): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2011
BABE!:

@ Pendo89, if you ask me, this topic is not even worth discussing. (no offeince). grin

Every single human being born of a woman, has the potential of being "a bad person/sinner".

So, yes all men are potential r[i]api[/i]sts.

You, Pendo, are also a potential ra[i]pi[/i]st.  smiley

Case closed. grin grin

Xynerise. Not really am practising karate. These rape stories are too many.
Re: Why do men rape? by claremont(m): 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2011
Only in Nairaland will I hear someone saying that "Almost everyman is r-aping someone somewhere"!  shocked shocked shocked

I don't believe r-ape is exclusively a male dominated "sport", females r-ape men as well. Therefore, if all men are potentially r-apists, it then follows that all women are potentially r-apists as well. The same characteristics of a male r-apist is also applicable to a female r-apist, no gender discrimination here!
cool
Re: Why do men rape? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2011
[size=38pt]yes oo![/size] grin
Re: Why do men rape? by pendo89(f): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2011
claremont:

Only in Nairaland will I hear someone saying that "Almost everyman is r-aping someone somewhere"!  shocked shocked shocked

I don't believe r-ape is exclusively a male dominated "sport", females r-ape men as well. Therefore, if all men are potentially r-apists, it then follows that all women are potentially r-apists as well. The same characteristics of a male r-apist is also applicable to a female r-apist, no gender discrimination here!
cool

ok.We are all potential rapists then. Only that some use brains, while others use the other leg.
Re: Why do men rape? by Arosa(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2011
rapists are low life bastards that should be lucked up for a long time. and no not all men have urge to rape. angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

News: Pastor Jailed In Nigeria For Stealing A Sheep! / Fraudster Suspects--- We Have Insiders In Commercial Banks / 3 Nigerians Deported For E-shopping Fraud In India (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.