Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today (56404 Views)

7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria / Man Bought 5 Pieces Of Fried Ankara For 5k In Abuja - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Racers(m): 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
Contrary to other people's advice, go back and tell the woman what her son sold for you and why it's not good to keep children alone at store. You do it playfully like you were just there to teach a lesson

2 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by charlesdinho7(m): 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
inasmuch that this story is a cooked one, it is very funny. lol. if i were you, i would have bought like 100 cups for 1k
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by wisestman(m): 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

And hell will let loose on the innocent child.

Trust me that child has received the hell already cos he will surely submit the proceeds for sale for that day.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Germi9: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
wisestman:

I will never do worse. I remembered vividly giving a kid about 5 years a tip after he attended to me well while his mum left the shop momentarily. Anything to cheat someone via a naive kid is lowest of the lowest scum na
Not just about the kid, can you now say you have never cheated or done something wrong before? I hate judgmental people.. The guy is remorseful and you would know that it’s because of the hardship atm. Most the these fellows calling him out rn are even worse yeah..
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by ZiktotheWorld: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
Reading from Planet Mercury, You guys on earth are desperately Wicked and Ruthless .
Especially the Op and some 100 others
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Koses(m): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Guy ! Forget all the Hypocrites that are nailing you, for your conscience not to be at peace with your mind, means that you have a good conscience and repentant soul which is what God Cherish Most (" The sacrifice of God are a Broken Spirit. O God, you will not despise a broken and contrite heart "- Psalm 51 vs 17) . Some of the people that are criticizing you here are going about with dead conscience.

Go to the woman, tell her that you met a small boy in her shop yesterday and the price he gave you was too small for the commodity requested and you feel that the boy is unaware about the price, but you took the item because you needed it at that time with the intention that you will come and give her the exact amount whenever she is around and that is why you decided to check back on her. Tell her what you bought and ask her to give you the normal price and pay her the price in full (Let go of the previous 100 you have dubiously paid for earlier).

2 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by grandstar(m): 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

no be my fault... country hard aswear, at that moment i was only thinking of taking adv of the situation. I will go back tomorrow to the woman

That boy will get into trouble. Do not mention the tip you gave the boy.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Demurray: 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
saasala:
Na people like this dey abuse Tinubu
Na so o , if the guy got opportunity in the corridor of power eh, people go see shege, Tinubu own will be child play.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Bluezy13(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2023
wisestman:

Trust me that child has received the hell already cos he will surely submit the proceeds for sale for that day.

Perhaps, or it could be that detailed sells with respect to quantities were not required in submitting the proceeds.
Just like reporting that he sold rice for 100 naira without the woman questioning how many cups and stuff.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by MrSensor(m): 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
saasala:
Na people like this dey abuse Tinubu
see what Tinubu is causing.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by edungene7: 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
This is criminality in small scale that was how Thiefunbu started today he is now a national epidemic guy go and collect yr free slaps from the woman if u don't want thunder to strike u
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by lamanda(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
Hmmmm....this one heavy ooh but e no hard to make amends, I don jam dis kan mata taya.. grin cool

Well, it'll be best you use this opportunity to RIGHT your WRONG and equally draw her attention to her "temporary sales boy".

Kindly return her balance to her and make her know you did it intentional so as to make her realize that the little boy is not reliable and if you don't really have a conscience you won't return back to remit the balance to her directly.

The reason being that if you give her back the money tactically, you only cleared your conscience but other customers will still do worse to her using the boy's mistake as an opportunity. Honestly, you won't need to hide away from the young boy whenever you intend passing around there.

Lastly, you'll end up winning her trust and the boy's respect for correcting him and returning his sales.

Remember; 'the young shall grow'.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Moneyboyz: 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
If you go you might not be met with smiling face.
Formulate a story and don't assume you did it intentional to avoid stories that touch.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by seanwilliam(m): 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
Just tell her that you she should not leave her kiddo alone in shop next time that you came around and the kid sold the rice for you at extremely low price and that you had to buy it because you were not sure wether the price has changed or it was a mistake from the kid and that you needed to cook rice that time . Tell her you’re here to ask for the right price of the rice so that you can complete the payment.

This is a sensible and mature way to refund her money.

I wanted to blame you but I remember how hunger dealt with me when I was in school

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by 7Randall: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
You are a terrible person. You are worse than Tinubu
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by lamanda(m): 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
charlesdinho7:
inasmuch that this story is a cooked one, it is very funny. lol. if i were you, i would have bought like 100 cups for 1k

[left][/left][s][/s] cheesy cheesy ;Dhahahaha

Dis wisdom na Zacheaus own ooh

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Lifewasgood: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2023
I can't call you names becos once in a while things they hard for everyone.

Oga a cup of rice is #250 where i live, so you just stole #1200 from a kid which might just be the profit the mother was supposed to get for selling a rubber worth of rice. Go and explain to the mother what happened so she won't leave her shop for same kid without letting him/her knowing the price of goods to prevent future loses. She will be grateful and see you as an upright person even though me and you know you are shameless thief worse than Tinubu.

This one go still open him mouth they insult politicians when ordinary #1200 he disgrace he family. Just imagine am as governor and #1.2bn dey in table to construct road for his ex-girlfriend lga, he go use excuse say one girl from that lga don serve am breakfast take divert the money.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by rickleye: 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:
My conscience is judging me.

A woman that i sometimes patronize left a kid to watch her shop. I wanted to buy rice. I ask him for the price because the price do flunctuate, which he said it is 100, no 50, no 20 naira. I shock, then the devil enter me and i said whether e no go sell 10. I told him to sell me 5cup of rice, after he measured and tied it, i gave him 100 and told him to take the remaining 50 and not to tell the woman so that she will not collect his 50 tip.

Kid was happy, i was happy, trader lose.

Now this evening, rice no let me eat, i am just thinking of going back to do restitution.

How do i go about it without the trader getting angry?

Just say I bought rice here earlier and I paid N50 and promised to come back and pay the rest.
Dont overthink. Just do and leave.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by BreezyRita(f): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

A woman that i sometimes patronize left a kid to watch her shop. I wanted to buy rice. I ask him for the price because the price do flunctuate, which he said it is 100, no 50, no 20 naira. I shock, then the devil enter me and i said whether e no go sell 10. I told him to sell me 5cup of rice, after he measured and tied it, i gave him 100 and told him to take the remaining 50 and not to tell the woman so that she will not collect his 50 tip.

Now this evening, rice no let me eat, i am just thinking of going back to do restitution.

Go back and tell the woman you bought rice but the child you saw didn't know the price so you came back to her.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Ikem11(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:
Don't go explaining to the woman. You'll never earn her trust again.
Be sure to give an equivalent amount to cover-up the cheating with sincerity.
If you were to balance her #400, go to her shop with #500, buy stuff worth #100 and tell her to keep the balance. If she insists on returning it to you, tell her you remember you were owing her #400 a long time ago and although she must have forgotten but it feels right to pay her back. Walk away as soon as you finish talking.
Be at peace with your mind.

Note: this is not a mistake but an intentional act.

That's if and only if this story is true

Giving the money without explanation and forgiveness will never clear his conscience.

I will advice him to open up to the woman that he cheated the small boy last time he was there and since then I needed to apologize.

If the woman choose to hold grudges that's her own cup to carry .
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Bluezy13(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ikem11:

Giving the money without explanation and forgiveness will never clear his conscience.

I will advice him to open up to the woman that he cheated the small boy last time he was there and since then I needed to apologize.

If the woman choose to hold grudges that's her own cup to carry .

In all sincerity between you and your God/God, would you have done what you just explained ??
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by tunwumi: 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
I appreciate the fact that you still have conscience, just go there and say you have come to pay for the rice you bought. That you only deposited the cash you have now you have come to pay in full

MaDaRa01:

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by iampeterben(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
Total rubbish act of yours. Its evil go right away and ask for forgiveness. Let the woman know oh! So this shit shouldn't repeat itself again.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Popesuccess(m): 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Go back when the mother is not around. Buy something and over pay her for the balance of the rice
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by sekundosekundo: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:
Don't go explaining to the woman. You'll never earn her trust again.
Be sure to give an equivalent amount to cover-up the cheating with sincerity.
If you were to balance her #400, go to her shop with #500, buy stuff worth #100 and tell her to keep the balance. If she insists on returning it to you, tell her you remember you were owing her #400 a long time ago and although she must have forgotten but it feels right to pay her back. Walk away as soon as you finish talking.
Be at peace with your mind.

Note: this is not a mistake but an intentional act.

That's if and only if this story is true

He must tell the woman what he did and plead for forgiveness. This is pure restitution.
As a hit man, I once planed to rub my boss and gun him down, on the day of the operation I remember that this my boss is very good to me and I told other hit men to calm down.

Years later I went to him and confess, he was shocked to the marrow and prayed for me.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Starhearts: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
To hit ur head with hammer 🔨 just dey hungry me

On d seventh day HE rested If God knew dat one of His disciples will be diz useless, HE would have created anoda creature
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by IMMUNO1(m): 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
It's your kind that rigged the election for Tinubu. You have just incurred a debt you can never finish paying. Worst of it, you roped an innocent child into your wickedness.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by ud4u: 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
Armed robber, you better return that rice
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by sekundosekundo: 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
Popesuccess:
Go back when the mother is not around. Buy something and over pay her for the balance of the rice

This is 95% acceptable. Better than what Bluezy13 adviced.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Bluezy13(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
sekundosekundo:

He must tell the woman what he did and plead for forgiveness. This is pure restitution.
As a hit man, I once planed to rub my boss and gun him down, on the day of the operation I remember that this my boss is very good to me and I told other hit men to calm down.

Years later I went to him and confess, he was shocked to the marrow and prayed for me.

Good for you.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by sekundosekundo: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

Good for you.

That was when I was doing apprenticeship.
But now na baba olowo I be.
God don lift guy man up Wella.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Bluezy13(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
sekundosekundo:

That was when I was doing apprenticeship.
But now na baba olowo I be.
God don lift guy man up Wella.

That's commendable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Python Killed And Eaten In Okumagba, Warri (Photos) / How I Grilled Tilapia Fish, Plantain And Pepper Sauce- Easy Way (Photos, Video) / Sprite Vs Coca Cola Vs Mountain Dew Vs Sierra Mist Vs Pepsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.