Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,251 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today (56495 Views)

7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria / Man Bought 5 Pieces Of Fried Ankara For 5k In Abuja - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Juz tell her u wanted to let her see the mistake she’s doing leaving a kid to handle the business.
MaDaRa01:
My conscience is judging me.

A woman that i sometimes patronize left a kid to watch her shop. I wanted to buy rice. I ask him for the price because the price do flunctuate, which he said it is 100, no 50, no 20 naira. I shock, then the devil enter me and i said whether e no go sell 10. I told him to sell me 5cup of rice, after he measured and tied it, i gave him 100 and told him to take the remaining 50 and not to tell the woman so that she will not collect his 50 tip.

Kid was happy, i was happy, trader lose.

Now this evening, rice no let me eat, i am just thinking of going back to do restitution.

How do i go about it without the trader getting angry?
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Brownshoe: 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
God help o! I don't know people can be this poor? Even to a child, if it's adult i can still digest the matter.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by toluleke(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
Well you have conscience so that good. The main thing is go back and pay.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Cheapgadget(f): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
Go and balance the money and eat your rice In peace
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Okechinwadike: 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
chai. guy from the bottom of my heart I will advice you to go and pay the woman the normal money you suppose to give her, if not. I said if you didn't go sorry for you what you will see in future
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Rexymania(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
You even know what restitution is. 😆
What you did was very very bad. Imagine it was done to you... You took advantage of that poor kid and the mother just for your own selfish interest
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Return the rice and apologize,otherwise the guilt will hunt you for life. angry
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by PoliteActivist: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

Did he "mistakenly" pay a lesser amount as you put it

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

Doesn't matter what happened, what matters is what the woman believes happened, thereby knowing she does not owe him anything
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by DevilSignature: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

A woman that i sometimes patronize left a kid to watch her shop. I wanted to buy rice. I ask him for the price because the price do flunctuate, which he said it is 100, no 50, no 20 naira. I shock, then the devil enter me and i said whether e no go sell 10. I told him to sell me 5cup of rice, after he measured and tied it, i gave him 100 and told him to take the remaining 50 and not to tell the woman so that she will not collect his 50 tip.

Now this evening, rice no let me eat, i am just thinking of going back to do restitution.

yeye boy
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Houseontherock1: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:
Don't go explaining to the woman. You'll never earn her trust again.
Be sure to give an equivalent amount to cover-up the cheating with sincerity.
If you were to balance her #400, go to her shop with #500, buy stuff worth #100 and tell her to keep the balance. If she insists on returning it to you, tell her you remember you were owing her #400 a long time ago and although she must have forgotten but it feels right to pay her back. Walk away as soon as you finish talking.
Be at peace with your mind.

Note: this is not a mistake butter an intentional act.

That's if and only if this story is true
This is no restitution! It is wrong to leave the woman feeling indebted to you. It is also wrong to cover your ass while she continues to leave the young chap to sell at a loss. She needs to learn to lock up the shop if she needs to go out. Better to say you paid what the child asked you to pay but your intention was to come and talk to her about leaving the business in care of the young chap, give her the balance and she'll still thank you
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Dorcaz: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Just go there and tell the woman you came to buy rice the previous day and the boy you met was not sure of the price but you bought 4 cups and you're back now to pay up since she's around. To make it easier for you, you could start by advising her to be careful of who she keeps in her shop to avoid incurring debt in the process.

You'd satisfy your conscience and you won't be scared of the boy's words against yours should his kasala burst cos he'll definitely get caught someday and you might be fingered in his confession.

You really need to learn to not take advantage of things/situations like this that will put you in difficult/embarrassing positions. Learn from this and avoid future occurrence. You won't be happy if someone took advantage of your kid to hurt you/your finances in any way. Building a good society starts from you. You can't blame the government for corruption when you're complicit in a way. We all can make the society better in our little way. Don't contribute to the rottenness of the society and cry foul when you're at the receiving end. Cheers.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by DenreleDave(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Ajeh werey ni guy yin. Guy you have to go and balance that woman oooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Zhahovic(m): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:
If you were to balance her #400, go to her shop with #500, buy stuff worth #100 and tell her to keep the balance. If she insists on returning it to you, tell her you remember you were owing her #400 a long time ago and although she must have forgotten but it feels right to pay her back. Walk away as soon as you finish talking.

Note: this is not a mistake but an intentional act.

Apart from the thousands of wives and concubines he had, are you in anyway related to King Solomon? shocked
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Iceberg3: 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

Wrong,very wrong.

In fact,she will trust him the more and besides,your intent ain't to earn her trust or whatever,his intent is to admit his offence and make amends,who knows,the women must've known that something is amiss,that she must've lost revenue and stock.
It will help her in future so as not to make careless loses..
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Ameoba300: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
,🤣🤣🤣🤣 you go shit stone o better go do the right team thing.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by IamtheTruth1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

The rice suppose choke you. You Dagbo small pikin
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Goalnaldo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2023
I would have said you deserve the type of leaders you have but you still have a conscience. Pls go and make restitution. The day i forgot to pay a bus driver, i felt terribly bad.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Shadysen: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
Authoreety:
Easy one... Just go there with the amount for 5 cup of rice and 100 naira useful stuff when the child is not there o...

Buy the 100naira worth stuff... And freely give the woman the whole money, tell her u just feel like blessing somebody today... Then carry your yeye sef out of there... Don't try it again o..

Learnt it's really tough for Nigerians at the moment
very hard time, where are you?

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by letitrainnow(m): 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
You cheated yourself 😉
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by wildikeman(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
I understand how hard the country is... However, not to make the woman angry and expose yourself...go and give the woman the equivalent of that amount as dash...thats option one...

Option two...go and tell the woman you made a mistake and gave the boy a hundred and have come to pay the exact amount.

Don't try it again. Na everybody dey suffer for this useless country

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by achimendy(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Just go and give them their money.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Card7: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Do the right thing. It shows you have integrity and honour, rare virtues many wish for.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Segzy19: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
Hmmm! I pity you...

All these immature kids... Imagine even coming to post this nonsense on nairaland.

By the nature go collect it back from you, you go hear am... You go lose something wey pass thing wey you do.... Na only you country hard for abi
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Skty: 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

In order for u not to have issues, just give a poor person #500 as restitution...what if u go back the child recognizes u and them come beat u? Don't go back...pay someone else
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Utanisco(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
overdrive:
Thief.

Lols
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Lance008(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bro u no cheat the boy
You only successfully exchange ur destiny to a thief
If no Body watch
God Dey watch
Remember say na business
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by AuthorMan: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2023
What you've done is wrong.
Life is hard at the moment. For the first time in my life I was tempted to beg online yesterday but the shame to do it won't let me. I don't even have what to eat as I type.
Anyways, go to the woman with the money. Tell her you intentionally bought the rice at the price the child called it knowing you will come back and pay the balance later. That she should be careful with who to put at the shop when she's away. Simple
A reasonable person won't see you as a fraudster.
You have just taught her a lesson of being careful with her business.
May God help us in this hard times
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by BluePrincee: 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:
Had it been the person is old now, that would have been different, that act is just to poor.

That's purely cheating..

That is the same way tinubu cheated and stole the mandate of Nigerians. He will definitely return it
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by SmartyPants(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

The only way to undo a wrong is to come clean completely, not by using so-called naija sense to get away with it. Have you considered the fact that the lady my treat gifts differently from her business money? What if she decides to spend the "gift" whereas she would have been frugal with proper income?

Let's learn to do the right things as much as possible, regardless of the pain that may come with it.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by zakkxx: 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
If you don’t go and restitute, you have just start your cycle of poverty! You are very poor u cannot even afford paint of rice but you are still cheating in your poverty! You better receive sense or u die of poverty.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by lomprico(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Go and pay the woman her money, tell her to bought on credit from her kid
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Pesbest: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
You are a very good man. Only men with dead conscience will not feel anything.

Its very simple.

Take an older or elderly person with you.....

And they the woman the truth.....

That you were hungry and when discovered her boy doesn't

know the prize of the goods,, you took advantage of it......

Despite,, you were hungry,, you still couldn't cook the food.

because you have not done such a thing before. And that you are very sorry.....

To be very safe, allow the elderly person or older person to do the talking for you

then, you will now come in to beg for forgiveness and return the rice and ask them to keep your money you already deposited.

but if she returns the money back to you, it's up to you to collect it or leave it.

Don't worry you will be fine.

Just ignore all the insults you are getting on this thread,,some of them have done worst things and still did not
restitute it.

All the best. keep it up, you are a good man.

Most importantly,, pray about this before you make the move.

Do have a great day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sprite Vs Coca Cola Vs Mountain Dew Vs Sierra Mist Vs Pepsi / How I Grilled Tilapia Fish, Plantain And Pepper Sauce- Easy Way (Photos, Video) / See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.