Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,806 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today (56418 Views)

7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria / Man Bought 5 Pieces Of Fried Ankara For 5k In Abuja - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Jamiubond009(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
cheesy
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Treasure17(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
You are a thief. Simple grin

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:
Don't go explaining to the woman. You'll never earn her trust again.
Be sure to give an equivalent amount to cover-up the cheating with sincerity.
If you were to balance her #400, go to her shop with #500, buy stuff worth #100 and tell her to keep the balance. If she insists on returning it to you, tell her you remember you were owing her #400 a long time ago and although she must have forgotten but it feels right to pay her back. Walk away as soon as you finish talking.
Be at peace with your mind.

That's if and only if this story is true

This isn't restitution. You are playing smart and it's unscriptural

2 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by brunobaba(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
Werey ni boy yii sha...lol
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Deicide: 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
Even devil self shock lipsrsealed
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by amuwo1980: 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
Jesus , is this for real? Do u know the consequences of what u done? Stealing and corrupting a minor at same time , karma will serve u real cold dish

3 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by McLizbae: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
This seem safer tho
Bluezy13:
If you were to balance her #400, go to her shop with #500, buy stuff worth #100 and tell her to keep the balance. If she insists on returning it to you, tell her you remember you were owing her #400 a long time ago and although she must have forgotten but it feels right to pay her back. Walk away as soon as you finish talking.

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Stanley1155: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Stealing is not your calling,please is the kid still in the shop I want to check something.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Djele: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Oga u are worst than yakubu Mahmood
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by emekajacobogbon(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Nairaland is impacting the spirit of bitterness and hatred through tribalistic and bigoted statements which is not good for a healthy soul, the management of this forum should do the needful to make it a positive environment for both news, education and entertainment, thanks....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by magnum247: 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
If you truly did it, I would advice you to go and pay the woman her. Just tell her that you suspected her son didn't know the cost price of the rice so you opted to come back later to settle her cause whatsoever a man sow, that's what he shall reap so quickly go and clear ur conscience while you still can.

9 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Iretii0511(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
Wayray OP 😂

Even if you pay back, that boy will never forget what happened. You’ve planted a seed in him that may grow into something huge tomorrow.

Still right you should find a way to pay the actual amount back though. Let her know the reason she shouldn’t leave her business to kids like that to avoid losing what’s more in the future.

4 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by amuwo1980: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

This is the solution, now go do it
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Benevee: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

This advice is out of place when it comes to RESTITUTION, please sir go to the woman explain to her and then pay her the complete money.

If you follow this guy's advice, in God's sight you haven't restituted at all.

Just do what is right sir.

6 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by PoliteActivist: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

This is NOT restitution because in her mind she'll be owing you a favor. Restitution is tell her you mistakenly paid a less amount and will balance her later. Then balance her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by researcherdotcom(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
All of una no Sabi anything.
Go to the woman and let her see reason he must not leave kids to stay in her shop. It's to her own disadvantages doing that. Just tell her you deliberately paid the kid the amount he said knowing fully well you will come back to pay the remaining balance.
With that she will thanks her creator and will thank you too

14 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Idiko1: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
I thought corruption resided only with the politicians and well-placed in Nigeria. Damn, urchins are loaded with corruption too.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by WantsandMore: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:
My conscience is judging me.

A woman that i sometimes patronize left a kid to watch her shop. I wanted to buy rice. I ask him for the price because the price do flunctuate, which he said it is 100, no 50, no 20 naira. I shock, then the devil enter me and i said whether e no go sell 10. I told him to sell me 5cup of rice, after he measured and tied it, i gave him 100 and told him to take the remaining 50 and not to tell the woman so that she will not collect his 50 tip.

Kid was happy, i was happy, trader lose.

Now this evening, rice no let me eat, i am just thinking of going back to do restitution.

How do i go about it without the trader getting angry?
For bants only; not judging, na your type dey support Peter Obi, better go return that stolen mandate.
For jokes only, if he pain you, talk now make I mod m...
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Urchinpainer: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

A woman that i sometimes patronize left a kid to watch her shop. I wanted to buy rice. I ask him for the price because the price do flunctuate, which he said it is 100, no 50, no 20 naira. I shock, then the devil enter me and i said whether e no go sell 10. I told him to sell me 5cup of rice, after he measured and tied it, i gave him 100 and told him to take the remaining 50 and not to tell the woman so that she will not collect his 50 tip.

Now this evening, rice no let me eat, i am just thinking of going back to do restitution.

There are things we do as kids and God shows us Mercy, as an adult if you want to know if God exist eat that rice without paying the woman her complete money. You will be short changed in a manner that you will cry blood.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by willexyaho(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
How I wish Tinubu and INEC chairman will feel the same
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by ChiefSupplier55(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
Check again maybe you dey dream
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Delightsome2023: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Na ur type de remove 1k frm blind man plate in exchange for 20 naira. Continue, one day you'll see urself with tyre around ur neck. Ole!
this is so harsh oga
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Houseontherock1: 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Please, never ever cheat people, especially children, the elderly or disabled whether purposely or even by mistake. That said, please go back to the seller and tell her to be more cautious about leaving small children in charge of the business because they don't know the price and if it were another person he won't come back...

2 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Olam09(m): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

Poor mf
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by abbey621(m): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Enjoy your rice, chop and drink cool juice with it. Anybody that sells stuff and is willing to leave an incompetent kid to manage it in this economy is an unserious element.......If you didn't teach the lesson, life itself sooner or later would teach it, so you did a good deed.....Nothing do you!

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by SMREXY(m): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Madam, how much is a cup of rice now? I was here yesterday but your kid seems not to know the actual price so I promised to come back when you're around. Here is your balance.

The woman needs to know that the kid is not fit to handle the shop.

8 Likes

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by ukaface(f): 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

SMH
Nigerians destroying Nigeria
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Isabi4lov: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
Na we dey do ourselves for this country, just because you see small pikin for shop , you come carry her mama rice go cook , if dem call you names now , you go begin they wail undecided

You and the pikin no who supposed get sense pass ?
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by erniok(m): 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
MaDaRa01:

It's refreshing to see Nigerians with conscience. so many people will be praying for another opportunity to steal.
My advice is this: go back to the woman, tell her you bought something from her in her absence and did not pay the full price because you did not have enough cash on you and give her the balance. Let the young boy enjoy his tip.
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Alamkir: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bluezy13:

This is d best advice. Take it and pls.... change
Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by bro4u: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
This nairaland is a funny place aswear

1 Like

Re: I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today by Stevosty: 2:20pm On Mar 14, 2023
Exploiting the ignorance of a kid is very dangerous, just go pay the woman the exact amount and leave, no long stories.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / Python Killed And Eaten In Okumagba, Warri (Photos) / Sprite Vs Coca Cola Vs Mountain Dew Vs Sierra Mist Vs Pepsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.