Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender (90279 Views)

Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Not for people like me. I always had clarity. Man is too dumb to lead anyone.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The way a lot of Nigerians were jubilating & were chanting "Sai Baba" in the streets, as if it was God himself that was about to take over from GEJ, was alarming.

One of the reasons why I was wary about this Peter Obi.

Politicians are like leopards. shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Educated illiterate.

I would like to Inform you that Unfortunately the Old Notes is not coming back to Circulation.

You're daft.

The ones in circulation will still be spent, along with the new notes.

Myopic idiot. kiss

6 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Menclothing: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
We need to stop this

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by starstaz(m): 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
mastermaestro:

Oga shut up! It was only Tinubu that spoke against this disastrous policy from its birth. You selfish lots thought it would favour your political choice. In fact, I stopped supporting Obi from the very point he supported this stupid, ill-thought policy.

Thankfully Obi lost, which was something I later wished for. I detest selfish people. He thought the policy would favour him. How e come be now? Who supports such a haphazard monetary policy on the eve of general elections? What concerns CBN with vote buying? Are we going to have to redesign the Naira before every general election just because we want to curb vote buying?

Most of you do not think deeply. Look at the economic chaos and suffering this stupid policy has plunged this nation into. Some businesses were beginning to recover from Covid triggered economic crisis, then this happens. Bunch of selfish people who see everything as politics not knowing that many people have mouths to feed and businesses to run.

Most of you who come here to comment have proven to be poor mentally. All of you who supported this nonsense from the start are dumb now. You all thought it would favour you. I hope you lots are enjoying, while Tinubu is suffering. angry

Brilliant

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Anunakeeh: 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
Karlifate:

You're daft.

The ones in circulation will still be spent, along with the new notes.

Myopic idiot. kiss

Oponu Alayerada. Get lost Ashiwereey.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Lyfdiscvry91(f): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
Set of confused wicked elements..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
joyousever:
Watch Emefiewere and his goons deny that they didn't authorise it, as they did in a press statement they released yesterday through one of their directors! Confused bunch of a fool! It won't be well with Emefiele and Buhari!

😂😂

It's been confirmed on Channels TV, so I believe it's very true.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by MT: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
kernniejay:
BAT will sack Emefiele.

and prosecute as well

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Oponu Alayerada. Get lost.

Bastard son of a thousand fathers.

Run along! kiss cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Eriggayabdem: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2023
If emefiele and malami are not arrested, prosecuted for treasonable offence against the Nigerian state, I'll burn my green passport and cease to be a Nigerian. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by AngelicBeing: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
angry
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
REDshouse:
Tinubu won emiefiwere

E no win anything, na plan work Dey disturb Atiku, them gather plan am, them go dey sit down now, Dey laugh, pop champagne

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by NIGERIAisComedy: 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
mastermaestro:

Oga shut up! It was only Tinubu that spoke against this disastrous policy from its birth. You selfish lots thought it would favour your political choice. In fact, I stopped supporting Obi from the very point he supported this stupid, ill-thought policy.

Thankfully Obi lost, which was something I later wished for. I detest selfish people. He thought the policy would favour him. How e come be now? Who supports such a haphazard monetary policy on the eve of general elections? What concerns CBN with vote buying? Are we going to have to redesign the Naira before every general election just because we want to curb vote buying?

Most of you do not think deeply. Look at the economic chaos and suffering this stupid policy has plunged this nation into. Some businesses were beginning to recover from Covid triggered economic crisis, then this happens. Bunch of selfish people who see everything as politics not knowing that many people have mouths to feed and businesses to run.

Most of you who come here to comment have proven to be poor mentally. All of you who supported this nonsense from the start are dumb now. You all thought it would favour you. I hope you lots are enjoying, while Tinubu is suffering. angry

Rubbish!!

Why will you criticize an otherwise good policy from it's birth

Everything you people TOSHH turns to ashes, face it.

Deflect all you want, but there is no way you are going to be successful in shifting blame to people out of government, while absolving the government and party of any blame.

MADNESS!

MADNESS

THIS IS NIGERIAAAAAAAA [KICK] angry

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by wildikeman(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
Buhari is a complete failure 💯

3 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by holuphumny73(f): 11:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
After so much suffering….oga buhari u no go die well

3 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by nighthawk1: 11:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
Bubu as Head of State / President = O

Abeg do comot

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Ykc2(m): 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
spencekat:
Ask them o.They will leave Buhari and be attacking Emefiele.
they are afraid of calling buhari's name ,if they try buhari will tell inec to declare the original results

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by NIGERIAisComedy: 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
wildikeman:
Buhari is a complete failure 💯

Brought to you by the good people at BULABA

BULABA, bring out the BLUES in hue grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by holocron: 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
Theunbothered:

Somebody is ruining your life you're calling them geniuses. You the foolish Nigerians who have to wait under the sun to access your funds are the ones being played.

Daft lots
He said 'EVIL' genius. Not the good variety.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by chinos20(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
After I have used almost 40k to buy my own money
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
Theunbothered:

Somebody is ruining your life you're calling them geniuses. You the foolish Nigerians who have to wait under the sun to access your funds are the ones being played.

Daft lots

You're clearly bothered. Isn't ruining of lives exactly what evil geniuses do?

My point is that Nigerians severely underestimate APC because of the surface-level cluelessness they display.

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by wildikeman(m): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

Brought to you by the good people at BULABA

BULABA, bring out the BLUE in hue grin

This country na just like that..."E go better Republic of Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
mastermaestro:

BAT is a brilliant politician.

He left political office since 2007, yet still relevant 16 years after. One of the more reasons why a lot of politicians are envious of him.

How many 2003 to 2007 Governors are still relevant in today's Nigeria polity cheesy

People like James Ibori, Adamu Mu'azu, Lucky Igbinedion, Fayose, Bukola Saraki etc has faded politically. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Bluffly: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
OkutaNla:
Smh. Emefiewele just wanted to punish Nigerians for reasons best known to him. Las, what was the point of the policy, if we're now back to square 1? After all the suffering he and Buhari put Nigerians through. Emefiewele, ONKR o.
They are all dimwits including the supreme court. There is an ambiguous ruling out there and the banks will exploit it on average Nigerians. The banks will only be paying out the old notes, and be giving the new notes to the top shots just as they did before, whereas the ruling was supposed to mandate the CBN to make new notes available nationwide wiithin a month while old notes in circulation remain legal tender but must not be recirculated by the banks once it is deposited. Banks should only pay out the new notes
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Larryndelaw: 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Godsfrezx:
Buhari Government is worst set of people. Got every policy wrong. Nothing is working. Even INEC is in the worst shape
But you are happy when they change the naira. Thinking it will.affect BAT. Watch out Emefiele will got to.prison

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by NIGERIAisComedy: 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
wildikeman:

This country na just like that..."E go better Republic of Nigeria"

We just dey run round helter-skelter like confused, untrained, wild bingo

That one way you go dey shout, "Bingo come ear, come ear", e go juss look you like, "WHO BE DIS ONE, mtcheew angry "

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Babathanks(m): 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

Rubbish!!

Why will you criticize an otherwise good policy from it's birth

Everything you people TOSHH turns to ashes, face it.

Deflect all you want, but there is no way you are going to be successful in shifting blame to people out of government, while absolving the government and party of any blame.

MADNESS!

MADNESS

THIS IS NIGERIAAAAAAAA [KICK] angry

grin grin
The guy said the fact, me myself I stop supporting Obi the day he supported this bad policy, both atikulated and obidient supporters are very daft, they turn emefiele and buhari to messiah while average Nigerians like me are suffering cos of this policy

4 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by mightycrownnyme: 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
NOW that it is cleared to them that APC BAT don't need money to win election, it is God-given WIN

sai ASIWAJU

3 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by BreconHills(m): 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
Theunbothered:

All of you are mad, is there a special bank dispensing cash to only APC members?

Only a stupid cow will believe this rubbish, distancing yourself from Buhari when he's leaving office after looting and scattering Nigeria.

Unpatriotic foolish bastards all of you.

You obviously don't understand politics. You think its about shouting. Often you win when people think you are losing.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Ykc2(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
REDshouse:
Tinubu won emiefiwere
why are you guys always afraid of mentioning buhari's name?can emefiele do anything without buhari's approval?Jonathan sacked sanusi why didn't buhari sack emefiele?this is how tinubu was pretending there was no Fulani bandits let's watch and see tinubu action on bandits, anyways north won again ,when tinubu start dodging news media's Northerners will declare him unfit then this boko haram shetima will take over

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Theunbothered: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
BreconHills:

You obviously don't understand politics. You think its about shouting. Often you win when people think you are losing.

People's lives and businesses are being affected, or does "politics" stop when elections end?

No wonder the rest of the world, even black countries hate Nigerians, you people are irredeemablly stupid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Kyari Is A Billionaire With Posh Houses, Sells Seized Cars - Sahara Reporters / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.