Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) (33918 Views)

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million / For Those Who Love Canada (pix) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Venom11(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
[quote author=vibkoncept post=121721407]Ehehehehehe
Eheeheeh.. Wha she actually sounds funny or somt...
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Smartguyboy(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:
Why is it that most people who relocate abroad suddenly become YouTubers and bloggers?
So people can watch just lie she’s lying now they are many people going to Canada who don’t even speak English yet they are doing fine .

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by emmybobo1: 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2023
ednut1:
to chase clout, to cure loneliness, to make some money if the channel blows etc. Canadian accent is not that hard and canadian dont have problems hearing us. This babe is lying
I am beginning to wonder. I have had a couple of virtual interview with whites over there and they clearly understood me even with my thick accent. At a point I have to ask do you understand me? And they always answered “perfectly mr. Bobo”
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by OmonnakOdapig: 1:39pm On Mar 14, 2023
Youtube and abroad pipu 5& 6.cloutina
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ProfOkai: 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:
Why is it that most people who relocate abroad suddenly become YouTubers and bloggers?

Maybe due to missing home

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by YorubaSamurai: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:
una go just Dey fool una self...who told you light and internet is free

Nobody pucks any computer in the dust there ...they still sell second hand clothes, phones and computers

No Dey lie

Mugu
leave that lying fool

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Zico777(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2023
grin
Bvlgari:
How my Nigerian accent failed me in Canada - Nigerian Lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65RnhnkWPkQ
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by BigCowHornn: 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:

Nobody pucks any computer in the dust there ...they still sell second hand clothes, phones and computers

No Dey lie

Mugu

Clothes electronics etc.. if I want to dispose them I throw them in the trash. It's the trash company that picks it up and sorts it out then sell some

There is also clearance sales. Relocation sales.. disposal sales and pawn shop sales. They all work differently dealing on second hand items at ridiculous prices

But I promise you in many cites expecially New York if you look in the trash your find will shock you

As for Internet and light most public places will give you that for free

Take it or leave it mugu

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Fearyourcreator: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

The thing sef tire me, and they keep saying nonsense.
Shuu! 😡
Nigerian youth na... One way traffic

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ariesbull: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Clothes electronics etc.. if I want to dispose them I throw them in the trash. It's the trash company that picks it up and sorts it out then sell some

There is also clearance sales. Relocation sales.. disposal sales and pawn shop sales. They all work differently dealing on second hand items at ridiculous prices

But I promise you in many cites experience I ally new York if you neat the trade try hard to the trade your find will shock you

Take it or leave it mugu

Oga Mugu na lie

There is what is called yard sales where people sell what they don't need in a place

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ariesbull: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
leave that lying fool

The clown just Dey lie up and down

The monkey said that internet and light is free there and people throw away computer in dustbins

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by BRATISLAVA: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
ppogba:

What is the relationship between accent and spelling? Does it mean people with higher degree even in English language spell badly?

Even if you live in a foreign land for 30 years after getting there in your adulthood, a change in accent at that point in time is nothing but fake accent.

Arsene Wenger has been speaking english for decades yet, his accent has not changed. Perhaps, he is a Nigerian too.

I do realize the fact that Nairaland accommodates both the foolish and the wise. By their fruit you shall know them.

If your submission is a measure of your fruit, you must be of the former type of person accommodated here.

Why do Nigerians talk about going on their kneels? Isn't it because they call them kneels? The hair they refer to is actually air, hears actually ears. You will not see Arsene writing ze way to victory iz persistence, but you will see a Nigerian writing bisham instead of Beecham's. Because that's how Nigerians say it.

And the fact that you use a man with translators at his beck and call as the pinnacle of speaking English, it is enough to distinguish the fools from the wise. A man whose country speaks only French is used for comparison, meanwhile English is Nigeria's lingua franca. Is that dishonesty or the nectar of the fruit of foolishness dribbling from the mind that conjured it?
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by BigCowHornn: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:

Oga Mugu na lie

There is what is called yard sales where people sell what they don't need in a place

grin

It's also called house clearance sales. Na some busy body housewife and mothers dey do am for burbs.

Oversabi kee you there
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Kumadami: 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:
Indirect ways of letting people know dem don japa b dat.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by GboyegaD(m): 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
ednut1:
to chase clout, to cure loneliness, to make some money if the channel blows etc. Canadian accent is not that hard and canadian dont have problems hearing us. This babe is lying

It depends on where you are and how heavy your accent is. Some students would rate you low as a TA claiming your accent is too strong

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kumadami:
Indirect ways of letting people know dem don japa b dat.

No be lie.

Nobody is a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by bluefilm: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
Who is this useless attention seeker?

If English no gree am, make she go learn French na.

Shebi dem dey also speak French for that Canada abi?

Nigerian accent kee you dia.

Nonsense. sad

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by MrCuteking(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
The painful thing is that one of the mods pushed this to the front page. I think Seun should always do a meeting with these mods, they should always explain why they push craps to the front page. What will this information do for any sane human being? One of those boring types of jokes you crack in public to show how boring you are.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ConfidentialDoc: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:

It seems the governments of these countries pay them to make discouraging YouTube videos to dissuade more of you from coming

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by thesicilian: 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:

No Dey lie

Mugu
You didn't have to add insult, I believe what he meant was that the quality and quantity of the light and internet over there is way better, this encouraging more of online businesses. Having 24/7 high speed internet even if you have to pay more for it is still better than what we currently have here.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by thesicilian: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
Asour:

It's from your bias.

1. You have zero remote knowledge of the number of people who go abroad monthly.

2. 'Most' meaning at least more than half. So you mean 51% + of diasporans.

3. Social media has reached high saturation levels. So many(including diasporans) feel free to create content that go viral. This virality causes you to think half are.
Lol.
You know as Nigerians we use 'most' to mean 'many.'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ariesbull: 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:

You didn't have to add insult, I believe what he meant was that the quality and quantity of the light and internet over there is way better, this encouraging more of online businesses. Having 24/7 high speed internet even if you have to pay more for it is still better than what we currently have here.
are you his PR manager
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by thesicilian: 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:
are you his PR manager
No vex grin
Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ariesbull: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:

No vex grin
I no vex sir

Na question I Dey ask

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by ppogba: 2:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

If your submission is a measure of your fruit, you must be of the former type of person accommodated here.

Why do Nigerians talk about going on their kneels? Isn't it because they call them kneels? The hair they refer to is actually air, hears actually ears. You will not see Arsene writing ze way to victory iz persistence, but you will see a Nigerian writing bisham instead of Beecham's. Because that's how Nigerians say it.

And the fact that you use a man with translators at his beck and call as the pinnacle of speaking English, it is enough to distinguish the fools from the wise. A man whose country speaks only French is used for comparison, meanwhile English is Nigeria's lingua franca. Is that dishonesty or the nectar of the fruit of foolishness dribbling from the mind that conjured it?

I can now make my deductions from your comment. If the people you have associated with all your life are the ones that write beecham as bisham then, it really shows the class you belong. Why not tell me they write risash instead of research? Trying to wriggle out of the web of stupidity you have put yourself in by going the way of oral english talking about hair or air and hears or ears are just a further confirmation of your ignorance because it is out of the scope of argument already.

Enjoy!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by gbishman: 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
How you take reach Canada self. Did you take the IELTS or came through Roxson road?

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Abc2Z: 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:

Free wifi

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Guderian(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:

I think its a very lonely society for a large chunk of their population

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by gforce5: 2:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
It's mostly those who spent all their formative years in Nigeria and recently japaed that make these kind of noises. You won't see Nigerians who grew up there or left at a young age disturbing social media like this because they are used to it. These guys can't cope with the culture shock. They document their experience as a coping mechanism. Something my generation couldn't do 20 years ago before the popularity of Youtube and blogging.
thesicilian:

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by highchief1: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:
because e no easy.if u try am u no go fit

1 Like

Re: JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) by Chopcy29: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
thesicilian:

Na make you see say them don leave you behind na lol secondly most wants you to know that they are more modern and internet wiser than you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Lady Travels Around Nigeria Via Train In 14 Days [photos] / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. / Abuja-Kaduna Road Accident Claims 22 Lives As Bus Goes Up In Flames (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.