Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church (47614 Views)

Rivers Governor Fubara Speaks Igbo (Video) / Desmond Elliott Dances To 'Buga' After Winning APC Ticket For Lagos Assembly / Nigerians Blast MC Oluomo For Sharing Garri To Tenants For Votes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Therealjosh1992: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
You wish, the same government policy that gave the Igbos supporting 20 pounds after the war?..or is it the one that claimed the properties of the Igbos as abandoned?...as a group of people Igbos is the richest tribe in Nigeria, and you are talking nonsense about drugs, I can't tell you how many of my family are abroad and naira billionaires, lol, try to study the Igbos, you could learn one or two about money
emapeteum:

You are so myopic in your Igbotic maniac world. I thought you said you were smart. A single government policy would reduce all your ill-gotten wealth to nothing. drug peddler like you.
Less exposed people like you would refer to that your drug world village you called 'small London'.
You should ashamed be of yourself, unnecessary pride and being arrogant is just what you displayed.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Karemarealty288(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
emapeteum:

You are so myopic in your Igbotic maniac world. I thought you said you were smart. A single government policy would reduce all your ill-gotten wealth to nothing. drug peddler like you.
Less exposed people like you would refer to that your drug world village you called 'small London'.
You should ashamed be of yourself, unnecessary pride and being arrogant is just what you displayed.

I can't not be ashame of my humble hardworking background, Am proudly Igbotic, cos I am what Iam.......who are you?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by jclassiq(m): 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
No one cares, bro. Chill out.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by emapeteum(m): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Therealjosh1992:
You wish, the same government policy that gave the Igbos supporting 20 pounds after the war?..or is it the one that claimed the properties of the Igbos as abandoned?...as a group of people Igbos is the richest tribe in Nigeria, and you are talking nonsense about drugs, I can't tell you how many of my family are abroad and naira billionaires, lol, try to study the Igbos, you could learn one or two about money
Studying Igbo is an embarrassment. So arrogant and unnecessary pride.Those billionaires that are into illegal and trading drugs? I would rather be a poor man with integrity than have billions of evil in my hand. Those of your brothers abroad are bringing shame to Nigeria by engaging in illicit business.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Fujiyama: 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
grandstar:
I hate what I've written above but it's the plain truth. I'm apolitical.

^^^
undecided If it is true why hate it then?

grandstar:
The issue now is governorship elections and it seems APC would lose if drastic actions aren't taken.

Labour Party seems to be using tribalism to win votes, either in subtle or brazen ways.

It seems Igbos in general love to vote for non-Yoruba candidates. In many parts where Igbo dominate, it's either Igbos that they have been elected to office, or the opposition has won. Yorubas feel its unfair.

Secondly, it seems Labour Party is using GRV Igbo roots to beg for votes. Of course, his Igbo roots will appeal to Igbos

This has incensed Yorubas in general and are crying blood. I'm Yoruba and 2 of my relations are rooting for Sanwo Olu come this Saturday.

^^^
undecided

Eight lines and not a single discussion of the key issues. Not every one has time for this pointless ethnocentricism.

I am tired of bad roads, heavy traffic and NURTW "problem". I and people in my LGA have complained several times but Sanwo-olu and his people have done absolutely nothing about these problems. I will not be voting APC on Saturday.

grandstar:
The end won't come if GRV wins, but he certainkt lacks the experience. Lagos state since 2007 has been run by technocrats, and not really politicians. Even Sanwo-olu does not have the airs of a politician but someone better suited as the CEO of a bank.

^^^
Technocrats indeed.

Eight years after a thoroughly discredited PDP government successfully passed FOI legislation at the federal level - and an APC led Lagos state is still making excuses for its total lack of transparency - from "top to bottom", as Buhari says. undecided All this talk about inexperience and technocrats and all that can never whitewash a system that lacks any kind of transparency.

In the end the people will decide. As they make their bed on Saturday so shall they lie on it.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by UgandaPussy(f): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
franchasofficia:
Don't let anybody deceive you, since the 1960s, Igbos usually determine who wins election in Nigeria and that is why Northern politicians always prefer aligning with Igbos until 2014/2015.

Its not just in Lagos, Igbos determine who wins elections in most parts of Nigeria because Igbos are spread all over Nigeria and Igbos are the only Nigerian tribe that have over 99.9% single religious population, Christian.

So when you are trying to win Christian population in Nigeria, you have no other option but to go to the Igbos because Igbos are the symbol of Christianity in Nigeria and that is another reason Northern Muslims hate Igbos.

So Igbos don't just determine who wins election in Lagos alone, they influence in:

Lagos
Rivers
Kano
Kaduna
Osun
Ondo
Ogun
Delta
Plateau
Akwa Ibom

and gradually that influence is spreading to Middlebelt and all Niger Delta.

If you doubt me go and check Atiku's election performance all the time he was contesting, his strongest support base is always Southeast then Southsouth and Christian Middlebelt.

Also remember that since 1999, Nigerians call PDP and APGA igbo parties, and that was why some Yorubas don't regard Obasanjo's regime as Yoruba Presidential slot cos they see Obasanjo as Igbo nominated candidate. The same reason North don't regard Atiku as Northern candidate, they see him as Igbo candidate, and if not for massive rigging, Atiku won Buhari in 2019.

All Nigerian politicians know this hidden truth and that is why they always try to align with Igbos but hate to see Igbos present their own Igbo person.

Buhari all the time he was contesting was picking Igbo running mate and according to Buhari, he said he was winning but was being rigged out until Goodluck Jonathan said no he cant join them in rigging 2015 and went to call Buhari secretly to concede defeat which is why Buhari cherishes Goodluck so much more than any other politician in Nigeria.

To buttress this point, read below:

Rotimi Amaechi was begging Igbos in Rivers to vote APC, promising to repay Igbos for all their abandoned properties in Rivers during the civil war.

Babachir Lawal a one time core member of Buhari's kitchen cabinet otherwise known as cabals said that only Igbos in Kano state will give Peter Obi 1million votes if they are allowed to vote. He said when you say Kano have 6million voters, that you must know that Igbos make up 1million of those voters and that if you disenfranchise Igbos in kano from voting that it means you have reduced Kano voting power by 1million votes.

This is from a Northern man who was once a staunch APC member and President Buhari powerful cabal member too.

Osun State Governor Adeleke have been begging Igbos in Osun to please vote PDP, that he is like their son, that for fact that his mom is Igbo makes him Igbo boy and that Igbos are part of the stakeholders that have helping in Osun development.

Delta Statw Governor Ifeanyi Okowa have said same.

Plateau state Governor once made similar remark.

Borno State Governor Zulum once thanked Igbos for not abandoning Borno during their trial times under Boko Haram insurgency as he promised to partner more with Igbos in Borno and promised to invest in Borno markets to make it more conducive for Igbo traders and businessmen.

PDP once told their NWC that without Igbos that PDP can never win Abuja again and we saw this happen in February 25 2023 election.

And if you observe, the moment Igbos left PDP after Wike and other mumu Governors felt they could sideline and undermine Igbos in PDP by pushing Peter Obi aside and jettisoning Igbo presidency under PDP, PDP died a natural death.

Check PDP Governorship candidate in Lagos, he is no longer campaigning since he noticed that Igbos no longer support PDP.

So Igbos don't only control the outcome of election in Lagos, they indirectly control it in most parts of Nigeria through their massive population spread and stake in the economies of various Nigerian states through massive business, trade and real estate investments in virtually all the 36 states of Nigeria and Abuja.

If you conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria with minimal or no rigging, Igbos will determine who would emerge winner.

Dey play. Igbos determine who becomes president yet you can't make obi president. 🤣
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Everbryte: 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
He should not bring the beautiful Mummy into this. We love & respect her

He should rest; he is a "Children"

9jaupdate001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7myOXX6dBQ
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by kafeii123: 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
You dey mad
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by GreyLaw(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
grandstar:

The issue now is governorship elections and it seems APC would lose if drastic actions aren't taken.

Labour Party seems to be using tribalism to win votes, either in subtle or brazen ways.

It seems Igbos in general love to vote for non-Yoruba candidates. In many parts where Igbo dominate, it's either Igbos that they have been elected to office, or the opposition has won. Yorubas feel its unfair.

Secondly, it seems Labour Party is using GRV Igbo roots to beg for votes. Of course, his Igbo roots will appeal to Igbos

This has incensed Yorubas in general and are crying blood. I'm Yoruba and 2 of my relations are rooting for Sanwo Olu come this Saturday.

I hate what I've written above but it's the plain truth. I'm apolitical.

All southwest states at one time or the other have fallen into hands of the opposition. Only Lagos state has held out.

The end won't come if GRV wins, but he certainkt lacks the experience. Lagos state since 2007 has been run by technocrats, and not really politicians. Even Sanwo-olu does not have the airs of a politician but someone better suited as the CEO of a bank.

I have other things to do

What you have written is false, and as usual you people lie through the teeth to make a mute point. Tinubu want Muslim Muslim in order to score a religious point! Atiku went to the North preaching that the North "doesn't need the South" thereby preaching ethnic politics. Peter Obi is the only one who asked not to vote for him based on his ethnic origin, but based on his capacity.

Igbos have Abiola some of the highest votes and ignored Tofar whose VP candidate was a referred Igbo man. Igbos voted Obj and gave him more votes than the South West. Igbos voted Yaradua and Jonathan. Igbos never have Ojukwu serious votes.

People identify with their tribe not because they are tribalistic but because it's simply natural. GRV is a Yoruba man. So what is your grouse with him? Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and there are many tribes who voted against APC in the presidential elections, and governorship elections of the past but your natural hatred for these guys from the East make you cook up stories to paint them bad.

You all say politics is a game of numbers and now they seem to be getting the numbers based on issue-based campaign and general popular feelings of dissatisfaction, you turn and accuse them of tribalism. You are confused and have no idea of what you want!
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by GreyLaw(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
nedu666:

Only 4 lgbos contested on platform of lp. Only one won the rest are yoruba in lp so wart the Bleep are you saying

He is confused by hatred.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Obaaderemi2: 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
At a time when gvb or gvr or is it gsv is already regretting his ibo affiliation by deleting old tweets and removing chiedu from his name, this boy is saying this? grin
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Obaaderemi2: 12:03am On Mar 15, 2023
GreyLaw:

What you have written is false, and as usual you people lie through the teeth to make a mute point. Tinubu want Muslim Muslim in order to score a religious point! Atiku went to the North preaching that the North "doesn't need the South" thereby preaching ethnic politics. Peter Obi is the only one who asked not to vote for him based on his ethnic origin, but based on his capacity.

Igbos have Abiola some of the highest votes and ignored Tofar whose VP candidate was a referred Igbo man. Igbos voted Obj and gave him more votes than the South West. Igbos voted Yaradua and Jonathan. Igbos never have Ojukwu serious votes.

People identify with their tribe not because they are tribalistic but because it's simply natural. GRV is a Yoruba man. So what is your grouse with him? Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and there are many tribes who voted against APC in the presidential elections, and governorship elections of the past but your natural hatred for these guys from the East make you cook up stories to paint them bad.

You all say politics is a game of numbers and now they seem to be getting the numbers based on issue-based campaign and general popular feelings of dissatisfaction, you turn and accuse them of tribalism. You are confused and have no idea of what you want!
So why didn't Obi pick a Christian from the north if he wasn't also trying to score a religious point? E for pick northern Christian nah. The same obi that was campaigning from one mega church to another? Obi that polarized voters along religious lines.
?
And which abiola did you vote for in 1993? The ibo votes in 93 went to Tofa. Get your facts right, mister.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by od501: 12:32am On Mar 15, 2023
wahalawahala:
why we go fight your fight.. u smoke something?

I talk em. Bunch of weak hypocrates. Blood never lie.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by nony43(m): 4:05am On Mar 15, 2023
Karemarealty288:
All of them wants to identify with the most hardworking tribe in Africa, financially independent and most economically vibrant. I understand the hate coming from Grillers and motor park ticketers on this forum.....you cannot be what you are not. Government in government out, good or bad..igbos no go beg for food...make our crude oil dry up today, let's see who will survive in the next 10yrs without it...As for me I love Yoruba women like blood Tonic, especially Bukky bebe grin grin I dey sit on her waist like horse.... grin

Hahahahaha. Guy you be cow.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by wahalawahala: 7:07am On Mar 15, 2023
od501:

I talk em. Bunch of weak hypocrates. Blood never lie.
u b fool.... U wan make den fight ur fight fr u, yet u dey go about spewing thrash about them, imagine the nonsense ur dumbass just wrote, and if no be fr Southwest.. . Most of u go still dey Aba chasing lizards with catapult😏 bunch of useless mofos.. dey dia dey wait make den con fight fr u na😂.. meanwhile wrk plenty fr u to do.. start by eliminating ugm 😭
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Alpharey: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2023
This people are getting us wrong. I will vote even a full blooded Yoruba so far the candidate is up and doing. All these tribal affiliation does not work for me. Forget some Yoruba people claiming that LP is Igbo party. Anything to spite the hardworking Igbo man is welcomed in this Godforsaken country, but we stand gidigbaa.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Dwightventures(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2023
These are the types of discussions you would expect in any failed country
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Igbo people don suffer.
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by opribo(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
Joey4321:
I will vote the most competent yoruba

We don't know you or your mama in Biafra side

Who gives a shit if you're igbo
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Waterbear(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
ariesbull:
this one is a clown

But you see how Yoruba tribalist are looking stupid ...they have half Igbo in their places of leadership
As long as he is under the oppressors party he is good to go...
Re: My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church by Waterbear(m): 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
Felabrity:
Tomorrow they will say you can't govern Lagos
You sin is having an Igbo mother

He is in the oppressors party.. so his sins are wiped out

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Akinsanya Walked-out Of Wrecked Plane Before It Caught Fire / Poll: If Today Was Election Day, Who Would You Vote For? / Mrs Osinbajo Drove Hubby To Polling Unit - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.