Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings (13892 Views)

Governor Mba Visits Nimbo Community, Commiserate With Victims Of Herdsmen -pic / Benue/Ebonyi: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Border Crisis / Fani-kayode Reacts To Call For Relocation Of Herdsmen From Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2023
logicalhumour:

Guy, seems like you're undermining the power of the C-in-C. As long as there's no coup, and the military recognise Obi as their Commander, killer herdsmen/fulani would not last a month!

That's not how it works.

At the end, we still have the problem of bad land planning and nomadic herdsmen.

Which require solutions that go way beyond the rule of the gun.

Besides, a massive shootout on herdsmen can lead to them regrouping and launching a virtual guerilla war on both farmers and the army. Care to find out how that would end? More deaths.

At the end of the day, we need to do more than 'attack, attack'.

(P.S This is a problem that affects many African countries. Part of South sudan;s problem is nomadic cow herders...who are not Fulani by the way. We got to end nomadic grazing, and do better land planning...and no, I don't support RUGA or whatever).
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by bammo: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
Can't waste my RIP on Benue state again.
APC brainwashed them with a Rev. Father and they fell for it despite all the killings.
Even if you want father Alia,
Why not vote out APC (as a protest vote) at the center and then make him the governor
Dude the election was a scam
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by RighChannel: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2023
WHAT SHALL I SAY, WELL TINUBU IS COMING TO HELP THEM WITH SHETTIMA BY HIS SIDE

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by HIPROFILE(m): 11:21am On Mar 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Since they voted for APC they should accept whatever comes their way

Until they learn to understand that it is the duty of the government to protect them and if they fail to do that they must be voted out.

I expect them to even stone any APC person that comes to campaign. Just like Amechi said. But no, you decide to reinforce failure and expect me to be sympathetic to you?

Bro Benue people did not vote APC what happened in Rivers was repeated there outrageous and senseless rigging! Tinubu’s declaration is against the wish of the people.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by OneCandleAway(f): 11:21am On Mar 14, 2023
Anselemchi:
they didn't vote for APC the result was forced on them

They didn't protest, try to guard their vote e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by bammo: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:

I will insult anyone that wants to reinforce APC because they failed.

Benue aren't yoruba. And if you're a yoruba that supports Apc I have no respect for you.
Fix your character first before you worry about judge any one
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Eriokanmi: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2023
Kobonaire4:

And you think that an LP victory would have stopped herdsmen attacks?

You think that Obi would have magically stopped the attacks?

And yes, tinubu won't stop the attacks.

The attacks will stop when you guys stop singing about Fulani takeover, and they stop singing about how the Zionists are attacking Islam and face the fact that thanks to rising population, the land that could sustain two tribes before cannot now...then throw in desertification and so on.

Unitl fulanis are ready to stop roaming around, and farmers are ready to modernize....the thing no go get end.

Finally, consider that the police budget is less than one tenth of what an American city uses to police itself....before you yell at the police.

(But if you want to blame the Fulanis, Islam, usa, christians, etc..go on.).
With good leadership in place regardless of party, tell me how fulani herdsmen would attack. Sadly, they'd notify the communities of an attack, the people would report them to the fed government and security operatives but they'd do nothing until they arrive and have a field day. The moment they leave, then the military and police would arrive and begin intimidating innocent people meanwhile, the terrorists had left. Sometimes, the military would do home search and mop up local guns used by those communities to defend themselves ahead of terrorist invasion and when the finally invade,the communities people would be left with nothing to defend themselves

Yari thought zamfara would be free.imce he joined the apc...has anything changed? The last time I checked, they killed them last week and the same apc is still in power.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by samista: 11:23am On Mar 14, 2023
You will never see kyase that born throway bastard on this kind of thread even though it is happening directly to his people. His parents must have been celebrating the day gave birth to him thinking they gave birth to a human being not knowing they gave birth to an irredeemable idiot with the brain of an animal.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by kcnwaigbo: 11:26am On Mar 14, 2023
Kobonaire4:

And you think that an LP victory would have stopped herdsmen attacks?

You think that Obi would have magically stopped the attacks?

And yes, tinubu won't stop the attacks.

The attacks will stop when you guys stop singing about Fulani takeover, and they stop singing about how the Zionists are attacking Islam and face the fact that thanks to rising population, the land that could sustain two tribes before cannot now...then throw in desertification and so on.

Unitl fulanis are ready to stop roaming around, and farmers are ready to modernize....the thing no go get end.

Finally, consider that the police budget is less than one tenth of what an American city uses to police itself....before you yell at the police.

(But if you want to blame the Fulanis, Islam, usa, christians, etc..go on.).
The killings will stop if the police and army do their jobs.

A responsible government will make that happen

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by kcnwaigbo: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2023
samista:
You will never see kyase that born throway bastard on this kind of thread even though it is happening directly to his people. His parents must have been celebrating the day gave birth to him thinking they gave birth to a human being not knowing they gave birth to an irredeemable idiot with the brain of an animal.
Are you sure that dude is actually from Benue?

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Jeffyblaq(m): 11:27am On Mar 14, 2023
Typicool8:
My goodness
Our leaders have failed woefully in their promise to secure lives and property
The wicked gullible mammoth crowd of old and young folks say they should ride on... That they are enjoying the dividends..

What a people!

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by naijainstinct: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
These are devil incarnates.

They only care for whatever benefits them solely yet they'll be crying everyone hate them. Is this love?

Because Tinubu won Benue with just 10k votes ahead of Obi, you've all been mocking them of their misfortune and wishing them more.

You've mocked Ekiti State on natural disaster because they vote APC.

You people are nothing but devil incarnates

And when you give them the same energy, they will start crying of victimisation and marginalisation. Tinubu defeated Obi with just 2000 votes. To them, all the people in the state should suffer and die because the majority had their way and Tinubu won by a narrow lead. I try to reason with the few sensible ones here but a vast majority of the Obidients online are lunatics and pyscopaths. Certified lunatics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by respect80(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Until they learn to understand that it is the duty of the government to protect them and if they fail to do that they must be voted out.

I expect them to even stone any APC person that comes to campaign. Just like Amechi said. But no, you decide to reinforce failure and expect me to be sympathetic to you?

Don't be insensitive.
We all know how election is in nigeria. Sometimes the outcome doesn't reflect the true will of the majority.
Now, imagine a Ghanaian mocking the whole nigerian citizens for a misfortune for allowing Tinubu to become the president.
APC should never win Benue. Only INEC know where they manufacture the results they declared

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 14, 2023
Eriokanmi:
With good leadership in place regardless of party, tell me how fulani herdsmen would attack. Sadly, they'd notify the communities of an attack, the people would report them to the fed government and security operatives but they'd do nothing until they arrive and have a field day. The moment they leave, then the military and police would arrive and begin intimidating innocent people meanwhile, the terrorists had left. Sometimes, the military would do home search and mop up local guns used by those communities to defend themselves ahead of terrorist invasion and when the finally invade,the communities people would be left with nothing to defend themselves

Yari thought zamfara would be free.imce he joined the apc...has anything changed? The last time I checked, they killed them last week and the same apc is still in power.

LP that is like APC and PDP is going to provide good leadership?

Tell me another one.

At the end, most of our leaders, including LP, are not serious. They believe in slogans, not long term solutions.

Solving the problem is going to take more than just believing in 'We will shoot all the Herdsmen on sight''. As why are the herdsmen getting into farms in the first place...because 40 years ago, the farms were forest land, free for grazing and now thanks to population increase, they have become farmsn

What is needed is a means for fulanis to have ranches up in the far North supplied by irrigated grazing areas, while we develop rail ways well so that meat can be transported down to the other parts of the country. Meanwhile, we need improved farming practices, so that much can be done on little land, and we can conserve forests and suchlike.

But did people like Ortom suggest that,? No. Did people like Obi suggest that? No. And as for Buhari he brought in the Ruga idea which created more harm than good....and which Tinubu supported.

Look...I am tired of hearning about how fulani are going to come and slaughter us all in the name of religion...the same Fulani whose following of Islam is at best loose. I am also tired of hearing the same old same old for decades. Either we start implementing tough measures....or we keep on repeating slogans.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by samsard(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
Benue indigens don't deserve any kind of empathy. A group of People that came together to vote a government that is killing them everyday.

Voting for your killings to continue.
APC won in Agatu. It's shamful

I heard some Obidients are stupid & I try to write it off but some of you people prove me wrong every day. Like someone said, you wish Benue people evil because Tinubu won by 10k votes? Do you know how many Benue people I know personally that worked hard for an Obi victory? Or you don't realise that Ortom performing woefully means some people were going to vote against his interests?
People say they don't like Obidients because of such wicked tendencies and I used to think it's an excuse. But I hope some of you with darkened hearts don't control the narrative or else national victory will never be a thing because of this bitter politics.
How many northern states did Obi get such a margin in?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by OneCandleAway(f): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2023
respect80:

Don't be insensitive.
We all know how election is in nigeria. Sometimes the outcome doesn't reflect the true will of the majority.
Now, imagine a Ghanaian mocking the whole nigerian citizens for a misfortune for allowing Tinubu to become the president.
APC should never win Benue. Only INEC know where they manufacture the results they declared

Honestly, all these happenings has made a lot of us lose our humanity. Maybe this is the only way we can bring about change by being hard on people.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Etuagievin(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Who dash you Yoruba.

Your previous post said opposite because you've insulted Yorubas more than other ethnic group in Nigeria.

You're another Chinedu Rhodes vivour
saying 'who dash you Yoruba' gives the impression that Yoruba is a superior language/ tribe.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

The killings will stop if the police and army do their jobs.

A responsible government will make that happen

Yes, they will...but how well equiped is our police?

Police that is so poorly equipped that they can't even fight city robbers well...plus our army is overstretched.

And even then, we have a limited number of magistrates, and over crowded prisions.

Look, if you want to even reduce the crime, you have to do more than even equip the police...solve the issues like nomadisim, poor land management, climate change, bad transport systems and so on. You won't even need to do Ruga.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by JetStar: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2023
But some of these Benue people will want to vote one APC governorship candidate? APC has been in Charge of the Security forces and they have done nothing to help the plight of the people. Ortom clamoured for restructuring and state policing so he could better tackle the security issues bedeviling the state but the APC refused. I still wonder why they would make such decision.

Anyway I can't cry more than the bereaved.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Igbojew: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2023
Serves them right that's all I can say............I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by foleskay(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2023
Eriokanmi:
They voted the useless party that refused to help them curtail insecurity. What can one say to this matter again? I don't even know.
Egbon e funmi lowo ejoor cool
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Anunakeeh: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2023
Buharee and his Clans doing Sending Off Party for their Beloved Middle Belt Tribesgrin
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by SirLinks: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2023
Election don finish, Dem don resume
Wat a country

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by caye(m): 11:46am On Mar 14, 2023
slimfit1:
Take Buhar to the UN or Hague Court now, so that they start working on his case before May. He is playing ignorance with the life of Benue people. If it was me as governor I will give the police and military a deadline if the killers are not found in two days I'm going to Hague to report Buhari. Go to America to buy weapons and give it to the locals. The governor his waiting till they kill his wife or child before he react.

Africans are still gullible.
Believing that the Hague or America will save them.

Unknown to them, it's their plan for the recolonization of Africa.

Ask who sends weapons across the sahel to these animals? Between France, America, Turkey and the UK, you will find your answers.

N.B:- there are reports that weapons sent to Ukraine, some of them are now flowing into Africa.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by pocom16: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2023
Kobonaire4:

That's not how it works.

At the end, we still have the problem of bad land planning and nomadic herdsmen.

Besides, a massive shootout on herdsmen can lead to them regrouping and launching a virtual guerilla war on both farmers and the army. Care to find out how that would end? More deaths.

(P.S This is a problem that affects many African countries. Part of South sudan;s problem is nomadic cow herders...who are not Fulani by the way. We got to end nomadic grazing, and do better land planning...and no, I don't support RUGA or whatever).
You want to end nomadic grazing and better land planning but you don't want Ruga ..
Why are contradicting yourself...

Contrary to how the public portray Ruga..

Ruga is simply ranching or grazing reserves..
The herds need to cared for in a single location (ranch or reserve) instead of moving from place to place..

This is how the so called RUGA policy works

The reserves are suppose to be provided by the state government themselves ..and it isn't restricted for cows alone but for anything rearable..it is also not restricted to fulani but to anyone who wants to rear cows etc..

and the federal government allocates money for it developments.. it isn't by force ..only for those who wants it .. but foolish Nigerians and politicians turned it to politics to make it look like it is land given to fulani ..

What else is the alternative to Ruga which is ranching then
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2023
pocom16:

You want to end nomadic grazing and better land planning but you don't want Ruga ..
Why are contradicting yourself...

Contrary to how the public portray Ruga..

Ruga is simply ranching or grazing reserves..
The herds need to cared for in a single location (ranch or reserve) instead of moving from place to place..

This is how the so called RUGA policy works

The reserves are suppose to be provided by the state government themselves ..and it isn't restricted for cows alone but for anything rearable..it is also not restricted to fulani but to anyone who wants to rear cows etc..

and the federal government allocates money for it developments.. it isn't by force ..only for those who wants it .. but foolish Nigerians and politicians turned it to politics to make it look like it is land given to fulani ..

What else is the alternative to Ruga which is ranching then

At the end, the problem with Ruga is many other tribes see it (maybe unreasonably, but they have a point) as a land grab by Fulanis.

My idea is simple....fulanis stay up North in ranches, and transport cows by rail for processing to other parts of the country. The ranches can be fed by irrigation fueled by electric pumps.

Is it a perfect idea? No. But it at least IMHO...deals with all the scaremongering and sloganeering from both sides.

Seriously, roaming around with cows has to stop. In 1940, we was around 40 million people. No clashes. Now we are 220 million. And the land mass has not gotten any bigger.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by dinachi(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by caye(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:

So you believed that they voted enmasse for APC, or it was rigged?

So they deserve death?
You are wicked and evil yourself.
I pray you do not experience violent death.
Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by logicalhumour: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2023
Kobonaire4:

That's not how it works.

Well explained, and noted.

However, from experience, I feel the military (if supported by their c-in-c obviously) can do more than we think in curbing this issue is most area.

For example, I once lived in Jos not far away from a hill harboring armed fulani herdsmen close to the Rukuba Barracks. Sometime in the news (in 2021), the heads men attacked a nearby village with the standing military presence not more than 1km away. This enraged the plateau people so much mainly because the military had previously opened fire on the same villagers to "calm" tension between the villagers and the same herdsmen in the past.

A journalist went there and questioned a military officer why they didn't open fire to protect the unarmed villagers. And he said, "we follow orders."

I doubt you have a first-hand experience observing the relationship between herdsmen and the military. I do, on multiple occasions in both Benue and Plateau, and take it from me, the military is in romance with these killer herdsmen.

I may be wrong, however, its for this reason that I know that the military (and most importantly, their c-in-c) can do A LOT in curbing the killer herdsman crisis. It's no coincidence that military presence usually outnumber the killer herdsmen in wherever these herdsmen operate. They run back to the military for protection!

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Resurgence Of Herdsmen’s Attacks, Killings by nedekid: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2023
Abeg, didn't Benue vote apc?
They should carry their cross and stop making noice. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evance Ivwurie Lauds Buhari’s Policies To Savage Nigerian Economy / Buhari Orders DSS To Hand Over Judges Cases To EFCC / 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.