Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,706 members, 7,823,993 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index (25350 Views)

Nigerian Military Ranked Above THESE Countries... (Surprising) / Shekau Weeps In New Audio, Seeks Protection Against Nigerian Soldiers' Firepower / Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by 2mercy: 9:21am On Mar 14, 2023
The Nigerian military has been ranked 36th in the world and fourth in the African continent by the recently released global firepower index.

The Nigerian military dropped one place in the latest global military ranking but no reasons were provided for the development.

Recall that the Global Fire Power had rated the Armed Forces of Nigeria 35 out of 142 countries considered for the annual ranking in 2022.

But in 2023, the Nigerian military was ranked 36th out of a total of 145 countries reviewed for the 2023 ranking.

Nigeria also dropped from third to fourth on the continent.

The United States of America’s military is ranked first in the world; Russia is second; followed by China.

India is ranked fourth; the United Kingdom fifth. South Korea, Pakistan, Japan, France and Italy are respectively ranked sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth in the world.

In Africa, Egypt is ranked number one and 14th in the world, Algeria came second and 26th in the world, and South Africa is ranked 33rd in the world to emerge third on the continent.

“Ranking the nations of the world based on currently available firepower. The finalised Global Firepower ranking below utilises over 60 individual factors to determine a given nation’s Power Index (‘PwrIndx’) score with categories, ranging from the number of military units and financial standing to logistical capabilities and geography.

“For 2023, Nigeria is ranked 36 of 145 out of the countries considered for the annual GFP review. The nation holds a PwrIndx score of 0.5587,” the organisation said.

However, the acting director Defence Information Brigadier General Tukur Gusau declined comments when asked if the ranking was the true reflection of the military’s strength.

https://leadership.ng/nigerian-military-ranked-36th-globally-4th-in-africa/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by SmartPolician: 9:22am On Mar 14, 2023
Whenever I see ranking, the first thing I think of is the criteria used to draw the list. Here, they stated it's firepower.

However, our experience with terrorism has shown that firepower is not enough. If you have the best military hardware and arms, but fifth columnists are working hard to undermine the military, you don't have an army.

That's why it took Nigeria over 12 years to stop terrorists detonating bombs in public places and killing Nigerians in their numbers. Jonathan even had to hire South African mercenaries to help in the fight.

I wish the ability to fight and defeat terrorists was the basis for rating military strength because terrorists are the most difficult enemies to fight and defeat. For me, if you haven't fought and defeated terrorist groups yet, you don't know your military capabilities yet.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by colorsofrainbow: 9:23am On Mar 14, 2023
India is regarded as a developing country but damn! That country is doing really well on international level. They get better rep from the international community.

As for Naija, the little rep wey we dey manage, Buhari don carry us go where we no know. Na Thiefnubuu wan come finish everything patapata 🧑‍🦽

God no go gree

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Biodun556(m): 9:26am On Mar 14, 2023
By next year or before the end of this year when all ordered military equipment would have arrived, Nigeria should be number 3 or 2 in Africa. Buhari really tried, he equipped the military

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Totilopussylick(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2023
What useful is the ranking when the military men aimed at themselves on daily basis
colorsofrainbow:
India is regarded as a developing country but damn! That country is doing really well on international level. They get rep from the international community.

As for Naija, the little rep wey we dey manage, Buhari don carry us go where we no know. Na Thiefnubuu wan come kill us patapata 🧑‍🦽

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Biodun556(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2023
colorsofrainbow:
India is regarded as a developing country but damn! That country is doing really well on international level. They get rep from the international community.

As for Naija, the little rep wey we dey manage, Buhari don carry us go where we no know. Na Thiefnubuu wan come kill us patapata 🧑‍🦽

India is not developing country as the west paint it

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Metaphor44(m): 9:37am On Mar 14, 2023
What were the parameters deployed in this ranking? However I must appreciate the gallantry, dexterity and tenacity of our Military. God will empower them to do better. Let's support them.

The country is hard and extremely difficult for many of us. We all have our individual stories to tell. I am appealing to u if u can read this, to pls assist me with whatever u can so I can eat. I'm ashamed coming here to seek help, but I lack options. I want to be in a person to give and not take because it more blessed that way. Pls take me out of this tormenting and frustrating situation I've found myself

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Biodun556(m): 9:41am On Mar 14, 2023
Metaphor44:
What were the parameters deployed in this ranking?

Mostly equipment

Egypt and south Africa are well ahead of Nigeria

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Chijeep(m): 9:59am On Mar 14, 2023
Military that went hiding when the likes of Mc Oluomo was threatening people's right to vote.
NONSENSE CORN-TREE

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by YeyeGbami: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2023
We will move up the ranking if we start purchasing weapons from Putin.

No time for usa and their usual ceremony.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Badgers14: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2023
I am even surprised our military is ranked grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by ariesbull: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2023
Tomorrow una go shout giant of Africa

Country wey no get shame

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by waterpouroverfl: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2023
The last time i check king west the son of MC oluomo has no reasonable office or job but he knows how to insult people he can't feed for three days...

Sanwo Olu is a loyal boy to the agberoes.. he can't Serve two and love both ...

Meanwhile he can't Serve the people and also serve the agberoes

Have you ask yourself what will happen if Sanwo Olu should complete his next tenure

You will all be rule by MC oluomo in proxy ..

All they need do is bring a person as a front, then you can kiss your lips of freedom of speech goodbye

Meanwhile..

Am not from Lagos but as the case may be if I am a resident I have a say

Ekiti man leave Lagos for lagosians

Ondo man leave Lagos for lagosians

Ogun man leave Lagos for lagosians

Oyo man leave Lagos for lagosians

Kwara man leave Lagos for lagosians

Let the true sons of the soil rule their land

Stop pokenosing

Let indigineous rule their land

Lp top to bottom

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by absoluteSuccess: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
great guys out there.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by illuminutty: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
Watch as the senile old corrupt heroine trafficker will take them from a bad position to a rotten position. Amoda Ogunlere will convert them to narcos warriors.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by r4bbit: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
Tinubu on insecurity,
Lethal weapons, ammunition, and technology, equipment that could have helped accelerate the decline of the insec,The West is yet to feel comfortable enough to sell us arms,” -Mr Tinubu

And he's right
It's either we convince them or we start diversifying and start making our own technology
Although we've made a significant progress on our own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by NobleSeed(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
However, the acting director Defence Information Brigadier General Tukur Gusau declined comments when asked if the ranking was the true reflection of the military’s strength

Baba no sure of the ranking 😂
Them even try way them give them 35 Seif
Cause I just dey read for FP how fellow SOJA man Kill he's fellow man for naija so undecided
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by AntiChristian: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
So we don dey Gallant lai ds?

Nigeria will be great and at its best again!

Use your mouth to say positive things and positivity will follow you!
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Obaofaba: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
I don't trust this.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
Good one now watch how Nairaland slaves will come and start bashing our military and praising the west .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Blackazuma99(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
If not for corruption and unfit ex military president we have the resources and capacity to become number 1 in Africa and even be in top 15 in the world.
Our youths are ready to join the fight against insurgency, also the recruitment process is too bad.

I pray God help us and also help our incoming president 🙏.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by BusterG: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
The best way to destroy someone is to first of all hype his ass.

Firepower Kee you there.

Hiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Tinubuwins2023e: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
God bless Buhari
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu president elect

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by tishbite42: 10:01am On Mar 14, 2023
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by meum: 10:01am On Mar 14, 2023
Gallant
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Cholls(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2023
My brothers and sisters President Tinubu will do a good job. By turning Alaba and Ladipo market to a military camp where they feed us agbado

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Harrynight(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2023
sad

Those carrying out the survey based the assertion on what they read on peppers and on the net.

They obviously not leaving in this shithole
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2023
Military training is not easy.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2023
Who did the ranking? undecided undecided undecided

Nigerian men are us*less.....all of them embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate / Boko Haram Members Killed By Security Operatives After Ambush In Borno. Photos / Top 10 Questions For President Buhari Before 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.