Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index (25341 Views)

Nigerian Military Ranked Above THESE Countries... (Surprising) / Shekau Weeps In New Audio, Seeks Protection Against Nigerian Soldiers' Firepower / Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Lincton: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2023
As
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by 43Ronin: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2023
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by everythinggirly(f): 10:03am On Mar 14, 2023
E shock me o grin
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by olisefom: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2023
Nob bad
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Godstiger(m): 10:04am On Mar 14, 2023
There was a time i would have been proud of the rank but not now
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by MightySparrow: 10:04am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Whenever I see ranking, the first thing I think of is the criteria used to draw the list. Here, they stated it's firepower.

However, our experience with terrorism has shown that firepower is not enough. If you have the best military hardware and arms, but fifth columnists are working hard to undermine the military, you don't have an army.

That's why it took Nigeria over 12 years to stop terrorists detonating bombs in public places and killing Nigerians in their numbers. Jonathan even had to hire South African mercenaries to help in the fight.

I wish the ability to fight and defeat terrorists was the basis for rating military strength because terrorists are the most difficult enemies to fight and defeat. For me, if you haven't fought and defeated terrorist groups yet, you don't know your military capabilities yet.
I'm boy
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by jaxxy(m): 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
Biodun556:
By next year or before the end of this year when all ordered military equipment would have arrived, Nigeria should be number 3 or 2 in Africa. Buhari really tried, he equipped the military

u think its by ordering equipment? Corruption and politics destroys the military more than anything.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by MightySparrow: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Whenever I see ranking, the first thing I think of is the criteria used to draw the list. Here, they stated it's firepower.

However, our experience with terrorism has shown that firepower is not enough. If you have the best military hardware and arms, but fifth columnists are working hard to undermine the military, you don't have an army.

That's why it took Nigeria over 12 years to stop terrorists detonating bombs in public places and killing Nigerians in their numbers. Jonathan even had to hire South African mercenaries to help in the fight.

I wish the ability to fight and defeat terrorists was the basis for rating military strength because terrorists are the most difficult enemies to fight and defeat. For me, if you haven't fought and defeated terrorist groups yet, you don't know your military capabilities yet.

O'boy you can't use Boko Haram to judge the firepower on NA. I have friends and brothers in the Army that have gone to fight in Maiduguri.
What the problem is?
Sabotage, insincerity of Muslim top officers and some others that have turned it to personal gain.

Our Army are praised when they go for peacekeeping outside.
Moreso, military family interact all over the world. They know themselves and capabilities.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Faruq7131: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
ariesbull:
Tomorrow una go shout giant of Africa

Country wey no get shame

embarassed
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Roger3D(m): 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
The Americans with all their firepower have lost every single war they were involved in since 1945. You might have the firepower alright, but you may not be able to establish control on the ground
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by scobaba: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
Israel no follow for top 10.

make una dey play.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Quaddafi29: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2023
Nigerian army is only strong in Orlu and hasn't been tested against a strong adversary other than Boko Haram who thrashes them all the time
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Alba3: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2023
Biodun556:
By next year or before the end of this year when all ordered military equipment would have arrived, Nigeria should be number 3 or 2 in Africa. Buhari really tried, he equipped the military
It will take years for Nigeria to catch up with Algeria and Egypt with their military budget, number of personnel and arsenal.

I still believe that when it comes to Battle Ready Military in Africa, Nigeria should be number one and not far behind in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by KanwuliaExtra: 10:11am On Mar 14, 2023
For doing what? shocked
Killing NIGERIANS and RIGGING ELECTIONS FOR THE NIGERIAN GOVT? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by sslcrypt: 10:12am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is the bane of the security issue in Nigeria. Nigeria have no active counterintelligence department and it's the reason why the war have lingered this long. Nations don't share intelligence again with Nigeria because of their none active or existence counterintelligence division from DSS to MIA. I can't give you information if the same information will get to some people that will put my guys and my nationals in danger. This current government that just won the election in Nigeria will make even more difficult to share intelligence with Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by koladata(m): 10:12am On Mar 14, 2023
bro how much were you paid for this promo, i want to join too please help a brother
Biodun556:
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2023
Na lie...dem suppose be last. Even Niger republic military go win them for war! See that boko haram invasion na niger republic soldiers stand for front fight like men! Nigeria army na only unarmed civilian body especially civilian women and children dem get power for...because civilian unarmed men fit beat dem wella

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by McLizbae: 10:14am On Mar 14, 2023
Lie lie rating!
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Omodua(m): 10:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
God bless Buhari
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu president elect
Oops!

Don't deceive yourself.

Tinubu is not President elect. Was forced there like a thief in the night. The stolen presidency shall soon be reclaimed.

Tinubu is a goner!
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Djele: 10:19am On Mar 14, 2023
They are only good in attacking the youth
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by SmartyPants(m): 10:21am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

There are 60 different metrics that are measured
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Queendera(f): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Metaphor44:
What were the parameters deployed in this ranking?
a sign that you don't read.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Metaphor44(m): 10:26am On Mar 14, 2023
Queendera:
a sign that you don't read.

Ok thanks. Let me re-read. Maybe the post was edited after I commented
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by vengertime: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2023
How can Nigerian military rank 4th instead of 18th in Africa

Nigeria military that cannot defeat ordinary bandits? Please

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Ejehkob: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2023
INEC at it again angry
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by DimIsaac10(m): 10:31am On Mar 14, 2023
Russia should be number one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Originalsly: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2023
Military firepower does not tell the strength of the military. Just that we have more fighter jets ... tanks ... war vessels etc than the other countries. If the military is disciplined .. well trained to use them ... and can use them effectively is a different story.... and this story we know well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Neoteny7: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2023
colorsofrainbow:
India is regarded as a developing country but damn! That country is doing really well on international level. They get better rep from the international community.

As for Naija, the little rep wey we dey manage, Buhari don carry us go where we no know. Na Thiefnubuu wan come finish everything patapata 🧑‍🦽

God no go gree

With over a billion people they've excess cannon fodder. Also, they're in a volatile region with enemies at the gate: Pakistan, China....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Ikem11(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2023
Biodun556:

Mostly equipment

Egypt and south Africa are well ahead of Nigeria

South Africa is not way ahead . Remember in 2022 Nigeria was in 3rd place .
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by thisisit: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2023
POINT OF CORRECTION!!
NIGERIA DOESN'T HAVE AN INSTITUTION CALLED NIGERIAN MILITARY
WHAT WE HAVE IS NORTHERN MILITARY

THE GLOBAL FIREPOWER INDEX IS FOR NORTHERN NIGERIA MILITARY

BECAUSE ALL 17 SECURITY CHIEFS IN NIGERIA ARE FROM THE NORTH.
NO WONDER NIGERIAN MILITARY COULD NOT DEFEAT BOKO HARAM AND BANDITS.

Their military.. NOT NIGERIA MILITARY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gani Adams Praises Buhari, Says He’s Nigeria’s Abraham Lincoln / Etim Iyang's Corpse Arrives Airforce Base, Ikeja (pics) / Doyin Okupe Shines At The PDP National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.