Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks (19379 Views)

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / New Notes Scarcity: CBN Issues Fresh Directive To Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by samz77: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2023
Igbo fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools. Obidient idioooooooooooooooooolooooooooooooooolloots ipob brainleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels zoobidients pigs thought that mopping old notes will hinder Tinubu from attaining the presidency. Their eyes don clear now. I said these Igbo people are fools. What they are good at is to sell illicit drugs, fraud, baby factory by selling babies can you imagine those animals in this mordern world.. They were the ones who truncated the regional govt to pave in for states when they knew that western and northern regions were moving at a faster rate in terms of development. And knowing fully well that their eastern region was lagging behind. These people are criminals,they should be whitewashed from this planet Earth. You shall continue to be slave in Nigeria and remain your second class citizens. will you delete yourself from here
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by untoldtruth: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2023
marlow1962:
Let’s move on, old notes are not coming back.
This is the nonsense we are trying to avoid ,but urchins said no.
If you’re waiting for old notes to be reused, pls get a bigger comb cus u go grow better beards.
I no dy stress myself again when e reach cash mata, I do tf for everything, if you don’t take tf, it’s ur loss cus I will (not only me) move onto the next seller
Insensitive and inconsiderate, world only revolves around you mentality, grow up bruhv 😑

3 Likes

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2023
They don't have the old notes, they've destroyed it.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Trustalone(f): 8:23am On Mar 15, 2023
How are we sure this people still have the old notes, after the shredded pictures and videos of old naira notes we saw days ago?
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Backpedal: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2023
NIGERIANS can be stupid eh

Why should the CBN release the old notes back?

Instead of you fvckers to pressure the CBN Into printing new notes en masse
You are asking for old notes

2 Likes

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Backpedal: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2023
samz77:
Igbo fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools. Obidient idioooooooooooooooooolooooooooooooooolloots ipob brainleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels zoobidients pigs thought that mopping old notes will hinder Tinubu from attaining the presidency. Their eyes don clear now. I said these Igbo people are fools. What they are good at is to sell illicit drugs, fraud, baby factory by selling babies can you imagine those animals in this mordern world.. They were the ones who truncated the regional govt to pave in for states when they knew that western and northern regions were moving at a faster rate in terms of development. And knowing fully well that their eastern region was lagging behind. These people are criminals,they should be whitewashed from this planet Earth. You shall continue to be slave in Nigeria and remain your second class citizens. will you delete yourself from here

See mor.on

1 Like

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by ransomed: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2023
Ask Emilokan to release old notes stach up for Lagos election since Ariwoola has kowtowed to him for the usage of stolen money.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by marlow1962(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2023
visaclick:
seems alot of people don’t understand how the banking system works and you don’t even need to be a banker to know that only 6-10% of the total money exists. The rest is based on a trust system, that is to say that too much cash in circulation will collapse the banking system which almost did, the federal government just saved the banking system and in turn saved your money in the bank by removing excess cash away from the hands of holders. Money is not coming back, even the new one won’t be printed so everywhere better get use to cashless transfers.
Since this old note rejection started, all transactions I do are transfer or pay with pos.

Omo the way opay take blow eh, everybody now na opay or kuda r Moni point.
Zenith like dis dy useless, dem and uba
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by JealousCobra(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2023
Ekundayo7574:
Lol Tinubu will send that useless igbo fool to jail

Did Thiefñubu win election not to talk of jailing someone 😎
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Donedeal1(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2023
Policy or punishment?.

You give directives after

destroying the old notes
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Kasiyya(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2023
People are really suffering. but some are sheken head
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by soojar(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2023
nolywe:
I think they want to create revenue for cyber cafe owners just like they did for pos agents...Believe me or not...

You are close. You are going to see a huge rise in the mobile money business shortly since it is fully utilizing USSD

We learn everyday
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Bluffly: 8:27am On Mar 15, 2023
Why would anybody on earth expect CBN to release old naira notes? If they do they are dimwits. The court should mandate them to print and release new notes, only old notes yet in circulation is a legal tender and not reinjection of old notes. That is the way things are done

1 Like

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Bluffly: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2023
Backpedal:
NIGERIANS can be stupid eh

Why should the CBN release the old notes back?

Instead of you fvckers to pressure the CBN Into printing new notes en masse
You are asking for old notes
God bless you
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by KeyEndurance: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2023
Either They Realize It Or Not Live Goes On
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Acidosis(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2023
Viltron:
They don't have the old notes, they've destroyed it.

The governors are the biggest gainers here. They have the old notes in abundance. Average Nigerians have none.

Nigerians were just stup/d to assume those governors were fighting for them. 4 months after the new notes were introduced, nobody (not 1 governor) has pressured the CBN to print more new notes. Their concern has always been about their loots in old notes.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by visaclick: 8:31am On Mar 15, 2023
marlow1962:

Since this old note rejection started, all transactions I do are transfer or pay with pos.

Omo the way opay take blow eh, everybody now na opay or kuda r Moni point.
Zenith like dis dy useless, dem and uba
but let me shock you now if the indigenous banks with physical addresses like zenith and uba start experiencing less patronage they will run out of business and if they do then the bank get liquidated, and all constumers money are gone. Now think of it this way, banks don’t have all money at hand, which means the thing they fear is all costumers coming all at once to ask for their money. U understand what that means, if i have 12m and u 20m and we both ask for our money the bank won’t be able to grant our request they would either beg us both or sell their assets to pay us both in cash.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Ken4Christ: 8:32am On Mar 15, 2023
Blackazuma99:
In Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria, banks and other traders are not collecting the old money.

I don't even know where to withdraw money 😕

Please, say some banks and some traders because I bought items with the old notes yesterday in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Brushstrokes20: 8:32am On Mar 15, 2023
The lifeless animal in human skin and emeFAILURE are hell bent on subjecting millions of innocent citizens to unwarranted hardship, but they won't end well undecided
Satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Pythagoras001: 8:32am On Mar 15, 2023
Houseontherock1:

With all the deaths, loss of livelihoods, frustrations and depression resulting from this infamous policy? For how long will you continue to cut your nose to spite your face? You think anyone needs 500 and 1000 to win election on Saturday? It didn't stop Asiwaju, how will it stop Sanwo's reelection? You people are just shameless sore losers who have made Asiwaju's win a very big deal for us because you have shown clearly that you people are dangerously vindictive and can't be trusted with leadership especially at the national level.
compared to last general elections it reduced the scale of vote buying using cash, even a clown would realize that. the only issue was the implementation cbn not introducing a lot of pos for transport workers and market trader and sensitization before mopping up the cash.

1 Like

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by marlow1962(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2023
untoldtruth:

Insensitive and inconsiderate, world only revolves around you mentality, grow up bruhv 😑
What’s insensitive about my comment? Or are u still expecting the old notes to still be around?

My bro get use to the cashless spending, old notes are not coming back, new notes are not coming out now either.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by Ken4Christ: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2023
There is something they are not telling Nigerians.

It will be unveiled with time.

1 Like

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by otokx(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2023
It is well
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by faceLAGOS: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2023
I will try as much as possible not to procreate in this country.

This is the only best gift I can give to my unborn child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by marlow1962(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2023
soojar:

You are close. You are going to see a huge rise in the mobile money business shortly since it is fully utilizing USSD

We learn everyday
Dem go cun dy tell u say to print 100 pages na five hundred, if you dy send add charges.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by olisefom: 8:39am On Mar 15, 2023
[quote author=Penguin2 post=121752182]Lol!

The earlier you people accept the current situation as the new reality, the better for all of you.

Old notes aren’t coming back.

Bad news for governors that are already planning to use the old notes they warehoused in their septic tanks to buy votes on Saturday.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by olisefom: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2023
[quote author=olisefom post=121753499][/quote]

As it stands, the voters are at a disadvantage because they'll definitely jump at any opportunity to get cash. If cbn is allowing it, then they should circulate it.

Forget the political class, the common man is not finding it funny. I met some group of labourers last week and they were lamenting how they used 600 to withdraw their daily pay of 2,500 (thereby making their money earned to be 1,900). You think those ones will not jump at any opportunity to collect money from politicians (now that you are sure they have it stocked up).

This policy might have good intentions, but it failed to meet the intended plan. Moreso, the people it is affecting negatively outweighs any advantage.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by nonhuman(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2023
omowolewa:
They will comply las las
if you believe CBN will release old notes to bank then you dreaming

We will continue to suffer until buhari leaves then by June July we would know if our suffering will increase or remain the same
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by olisefom: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

The earlier you people accept the current situation as the new reality, the better for all of you.

Old notes aren’t coming back.

Bad news for governors that are already planning to use the old notes they warehoused in their septic tanks to buy votes on Saturday.

Ndi ala!

As it stands, the voters are at a disadvantage because they'll definitely jump at any opportunity to get cash. If cbn is allowing it, then they should circulate it.

Forget the political class, the common man is not finding it funny. I met some group of labourers last week and they were lamenting how they used 600 to withdraw their daily pay of 2,500 (thereby making their money earned to be 1,900). You think those ones will not jump at any opportunity to collect money from politicians (now that you are sure they have it stocked up).

This policy might have good intentions, but it failed to meet the intended plan. Moreso, the people it is affecting negatively outweighs any advantage.
Re: CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks by SenatePresdo(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2023
Ekundayo7574:
Lol Tinubu will send that useless igbo fool to jail

The prison wey your papa dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? / Naira Under-valued In Official, Parallel Forex Markets – Bismarck Rewane / Where Do I Buy MTN Branded Kiosk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.