Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,733 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? (23826 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / »»» Do You Want To Buy, Sell Or Rent A Property In PH? (Pics Attached) ««« / Cheapest Place To Rent A 2 Bedroom Flat In Lagos | Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by SPAMBOX7: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
Can 2M be enough for a single guy to rent a house and living comfortably in Lagos?

I'm currently living with my parents and I'll be 22 by June.. I plan on moving out of their house by the end of this year or latest, early next year (so help me my creator)...

But I'd like to know or have a rough Idea of how much I should budget to live comfortably... I've place my budget at 2M for rent and other amenities or accessories. I'll be schooling at LASU and I know the price for a decent room and parlour self con is around that kind 200-250k....so guys, please help me out.
If you no get any job or update wey go dey bring funds steady no try am.. 2m na change for Lagos nowadays before you rent house buy things put inside her you go dey see say na only 1m remain or less sef
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by bitbillionaire: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
You need to work harder bro. N2 million is too small to live a decent life in today's Nigeria.

First have a target of making that N2 million monthly consistently. Once you achieve that your next target should be to make N2 million on a weekly basis. Once you achieve that your final target should be making N2 million EVERYDAY consistently. After that you can then relax and enjoy your life.

Good luck bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Ayobami9364(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yeah..nice place I have a four bedroom bungalow there.. not completed though... just done with roofinglate last year..honestly can'twait to move down there..light there is 247
Dunionk30:

Bros You want to carry that Amount to go Rent house and Buy Amenities Chai ! The Next Following Year you will Pay again on and on and on .

Why Cant you just Look for one Single.Room Apartments with Toilet and Bath arround Lasu which you will definately Get .

Add just 1 Million to that 2 Million Naira and come and buy Half Plot of Land 30 By 120 for 3 Million Naira in an Area where they have 24 Electrical Light ..The Place is called Ijagba Obasanjo Area ...You can come through Ayobo Area of Lagos self .

From Lasu to Odoeran Oko Oloyun b.stop then to Lafenwa Itele bstop then to Ijagba Area .

You will start building little by Little ,This Becomes your Personal Property for Life ..

Think about This ..
Imagine 24 Hours Light.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by lovetterrison(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
You must be joking bro..so when is not so fast or the right time to leave my parents house? when I'm 26? or 32? I'm not a fool.. I know that people who receive salary find it hard to pay rent, I don't recieve salary. i earn at least 750k a month from what I've been doing for the past 6 months and I've also made up my mind to start a side business immediately I settle down....

Wahala ! Wahala ! Wahala ! Vawulence tell us naaa

modified- For those of you following me and sending me PM's hoping for me to teach or tell you how I'm making my money, una just dey waste una time... I'm not telling anybody sh*t.... Before una go cast am for me, Nigerians can cast anything... I'll make sure I've made enough money from it before I begin to share my secrets(that might be in 3 years time) and even when I do, I will still charge you people..
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Goddyrichie(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
You must be joking bro..so when is not so fast or the right time to leave my parents house? when I'm 26? or 32? I'm not a fool.. I know that people who receive salary find it hard to pay rent, I don't recieve salary. i earn at least 750k a month from what I've been doing for the past 6 months and I've also made up my mind to start a side business immediately I settle down....

modified- For those of you following me and sending me PM's hoping for me to teach or tell you how I'm making my money, una just dey waste una time... I'm not telling anybody sh*t.... Before una go cast am for me, Nigerians can cast anything... I'll make sure I've made enough money from it before I begin to share my secrets(that might be in 3 years time) and even when I do, I will still charge you people..
lol u no wan give us ur sure baba number abi
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by willibounce1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 15, 2023
Just tell us you want to announce you 2milli wey dey shack you. If you dey truly find house, you go see enough for 2milli and even less .
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:

Kai, guyman grin
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
peculi:
You can even get a land of 300sqm and start developing it.
Where?
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
lanrefront1:
I don't think 2 million will be enough. In my own estimation you'll need like 10 million.

My advice: try and push your 750k-profit-a-month business to 2-million-profit every month; that will give you 24 million a year revenue. That way you can easily afford 10 million naira every year for your rent and expenses.
Ha!
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
africantony:

You are not facing anything , A house you were able to raise 2m+ , you ain't going through sh*t, you just want freedom of carrying olosho and getting high
Is he not old enough or earning enough to do as he wishes?
22 year old in saner climes already has a first modgage and starting a family.
If he needs freedom, I think it comes from the maturity and the confidence ie big balls cash gives. Big balls need olosho to offload and getting high to step down grin
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Delusional peeps.

This is the reason why Poverty keeps spreading in Africa. Forcing people to go face the Harsh Realities out there.

A country where the Government have no Social Care for her Citizens.

This is the reason why CRIMES, PROSTITUTION, CHEATING IN BUSINESSES and All forms of Vices is very rampant nowadays.

Fooools still comparing old good days when Shiiithole was still working to nowadays.
Kai no need "fooool" word.
Anyway, people start life quicker abroad because as you rightly said, social support etc. Student loans and the rest.
Remember those days in the UK year 2000, my then fiance and I will stoll and look at little kids pushing baby pram with a baby in it and already pregnant with the second. A young boy ie hubby strolling along. People less than 18 ohh. We were already in our late 20s.
I was informed that even young girls intentionally get pregnant so they could claim council flats along with cash benefits from social services. Can you imagine?
Ofcourse, once they start working at early age modgage is available.
Anyway, funny thing about naija, 50 years ago, they said it was hard, in the 70s, 90, 2000, 2023. Same thing. It will also be said till infinity.
One thing that still amazes me, go all around, to lekki, Alimosho, epe, Sango etc, go and see how houses are springing up! Buying houses for 500m, 250m even higher. Howww? In this suffering times? How do they do it?
Just go to the mm2 airport during summer. The airport will be filled with families jetting out, some buying for their whole families business class, first class tickets worth 8m per person! Howww?
My point is no time has naija worked. In every generation same problem, but some people still make the best out of it.
The prayer is let's be among those that make the best of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
bitbillionaire:
You need to work harder bro. N2 million is too small to live a decent life in today's Nigeria.

First have a target of making that N2 million monthly consistently. Once you achieve that your next target should be to make N2 million on a weekly basis. Once you achieve that your final target should be making N2 million EVERYDAY consistently. After that you can then relax and enjoy your life.

Good luck bro
Chisos, how una de take work out this moni? shocked
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
stabilizer:
You dey craze? What do you do? How much is 750k if that's what you actually earn? You dey whine your elders for here abi.

Don't worry! Whatever position you are currently, either broke or being real with your 750k temporary income... You are still a broke ass. A man without a wisdom is a foolish man
750 is 1k usd.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by nedekid: 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
tctrills:

You say you are a student, you have no job. If you are a Christian, read the story of the prodigal son.
You would come back crawling and begging.
You don't yet have experience with money management. You really don't know too much about investments.
I understand that some homes can be frustrating for a young man but learn to endure. Use your 2 million wisely don't invest it in rebellion.
Ha! Prodigal son? Haba, he did not ask for inheritance money from his parents. He earned his money and wants to move out. This country has made a grown man of 22 seem to be still in his tender age.
Soldiers dying in the army, driving nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers, flying jets etc are even younger than 22.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Anunakeeh: 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
nedekid:

Kai no need "fooool" word.
Anyway, people start life quicker abroad because as you rightly said, social support etc. Student loans and the rest.
Remember those days in the UK year 2000, my then fiance and I will stoll and look at little kids pushing baby pram with a baby in it and already pregnant with the second. A young boy ie hubby strolling along. People less than 18 ohh. We were already in our late 20s.
I was informed that even young girls intentionally get pregnant so they could claim council flats along with cash benefits from social services. Can you imagine?
Ofcourse, once they start working at early age modgage is available.
Anyway, funny thing about naija, 50 years ago, they said it was hard, in the 70s, 90, 2000, 2023. Same thing. It will also be said till infinity.

One thing that still amazes me, go all around, to lekki, Alimosho, epe, Sango etc, go and see how houses are springing up! Buying houses for 500m, 250m even higher. Howww? In this suffering times? How do they do it?
Just go to the mm2 airport during summer. The airport will be filled with families jetting out, some buying for their whole families business class, first class tickets worth 8m per person! Howww?

My point is no time has naija worked. In every generation same problem, but some people still make the best out of it.
The prayer is let's be among those that make the best of the situation.

It's very Simple.

Those people you see making It are the reason why so many people are In extreme poverty.

Example is, When i am a Politician. It's very easy for me to divert the Funds meant for Many Peoples social Amenities. Same things goes with Company Managers etc. Most top People Cheat People below with Reckless Abandon and they will boldly tell you they were Seriously Cheated when they were below the Food Chain too. In Nigeria, For one Millionaire you see, There are Hundreds to thousands of Thousandnaire.

90% Of People who made It Indigenously in Nigeria are very Cunny, Manipulative and Deceptive.

I respect most people who traveled Abroad to go hustle "Excluding Drugs, Child Trafficking etc" and came back to do things because they are the real Most VIP.

Money Is quite easy to make in Nigeria If you know your Onions. But you must be ready to pay the Price on the long Run.

Thank You.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Prime1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
Partnerbiz3:
As a student, if you live decently, that fund will be enough till you graduate.

I hope you may still get support from your people.

Please how can I access offerup.com Website from Nigeria?

I will appreciate any help.

I don't mind paying for this info.

download protonvpn. dont let anyone cheat you over something simple

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Oneday82: 10:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
Well, I don't have any advice for but rather your father... So, let's meet your dad first before I can even have a word for you.

Imagine the guts, a boy of 22 planning in leaving his family house where he is been fed without complain.

You have 2milla to blow away because you want a private life where all manner of women can visit at will without anyone stopping them.

First, I want to ask you, what kind of business are you into that will make a boy of 22 have possession of 2m? Secondly what is your father's net worth?

If you want my candid advice, I will tell you, smalli remain with your parents and invest the . money to whatever business your parents are doing and wait till you get 25 years at least.

Lastly, also learn a skills that you will be known for so people can relate it to you in years to come. No gain without pain.

Be wise, staying alone or the number of women around you doesn't make you a big boy... Think

AMVerified
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by somehow: 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
A 22 years old shouldn't be renting above a mini flat.

Not like you want to settle down soon.

It's not about how much you have, but how you mange what you have.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by VeeInsider: 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ehn... how? For 2m?

peculi:
You can even get a land of 300sqm and start developing it.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by tctrills: 11:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
nedekid:

Ha! Prodigal son? Haba, he did not ask for inheritance money from his parents. He earned his money and wants to move out. This country has made a grown man of 22 seem to be still in his tender age.
Soldiers dying in the army, driving nuclear squbmarines, aircraft carriers, flying jets etc are even younger than 22.
Just because soldiers died at 22 is that enough reason to make a bad financial decision? I told him to read the story of prodigal son for a reason.
Before he leaves home let him understand finance, business and investment. Clearly he does not understand these things yet that is why he came online to seek advice.
It's very easy to go from 2million to zero.

1 Like

Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Khallicopyro: 8:05am On Mar 16, 2023
Use that your 2m invest first... In 2-3 years time you can live in Abuja if you want
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by ddlondon(f): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2023
[i]It would be enough and u go still get enough change to even rent shop self and stock wares in it.
but beware of some agents oo, follow who know road or they go dupe u, also choose a place near school too
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by YorubaSamurai: 1:47am On Mar 17, 2023
Edoziesmart:

The werey pick ₦2m from street recently and he thought he has arrived.

you catch the mugu red handed grin
the money dey shake am grin
him self wan do wetin all yahoo boys dey do.. To carry ashawo and go club, dreaklocks etc...
Investment nor enter him head, him go waste am finish then start to find anorher maga to scam..
Useless youths!!!!!!
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by OdogwuMoney6: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
you catch the mugu red handed grin
the money dey shake am grin
him self wan do wetin all yahoo boys dey do.. To carry ashawo and go club, dreaklocks etc...
Investment nor enter him head, him go waste am finish then start to find anorher maga to scam..
Useless youths!!!!!!
The kind of jealousy and envy wey full the mind of alot of you nairalanders, especially you Yorubas, Na only God fit help una....Keep on talking nonsense, Na everybody be Yahoo for una eye's.. The idot sey "the money dey shake am" grin No worry keep on wasting your lives on NL going from thread to thread hating on people wey don pass you and your generation for every aspect of life, people wey no give a fûck about you or your children and family... Don't worry, by this time in 2025, I'll have made enough Money to buy a car worth 20 Million naira( i'll just be 24 by then) and mind you, as a sensible guy, i don't buy liabilities unless I have the money to buy it 10 times over...And also, I am an Igbo boy if you wan know( OdogwuMoney grin Odogwu abú ròr kwà guy name, abi does that name look like what anyhow pesin abi Yahoo boy can answer?...By the time I'm 26, I'll have enough Money to buy your whole lineage 20 times into the future.. Keep on forming Yoruba samurai on nairaland grin And for your information, I'm not a Yahoo boy... You can call EFCC to come and investigate me grin , I live in festac 6th avenue... Have a nice life.... Yoruba samurai. Nwane e dí nnor funny biko....Just noru ohhh? Noru né zuzuàri, YorubaSamurai grin
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by shegz24(m): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2023
My advice... invest that 2m in a business you are certain about.
Once that business can stand on its own then you move to your house.
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Sirchiboy: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
The kind of jealousy and envy wey full the mind of alot of you nairalanders, especially you Yorubas, Na only God fit help una....Keep on talking nonsense, Na everybody be Yahoo for una eye's.. The idot sey "the money dey shake am" grin No worry keep on wasting your lives on NL going from thread to thread hating on people wey don pass you and your generation for every aspect of life, people wey no give a fûck about you or your children and family... Don't worry, by this time in 2025, I'll have made enough Money to buy a car worth 20 Million naira( i'll just be 24 by then) and mind you, as a sensible guy, i don't buy liabilities unless I have the money to buy it 10 times over...And also, I am an Igbo boy if you wan know( OdogwuMoney grin Odogwu abú ròr kwà guy name, abi does that name look like what anyhow pesin abi Yahoo boy can answer?...By the time I'm 26, I'll have enough Money to buy your whole lineage 20 times into the future.. Keep on forming Yoruba samurai on nairaland grin And for your information, I'm not a Yahoo boy... You can call EFCC to come and investigate me grin , I live in festac 6th avenue... Have a nice life.... Yoruba samurai. Nwane e dí nnor funny biko....Just noru ohhh? Noru né zuzuàri, YorubaSamurai grin

Bros you fit help me with 500k to startup a business
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by YorubaSamurai: 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:

shutup your akpu filled mouth there grin
small cashout of $4K body dey shake you grin
Enjoy your small loot and stop to dey form hushpuppi for nairaland
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Antell95(m): 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
NO please.... if its about how I make my money, I will never tell anybody about it until I've made enough money from it, before una go go cast am for me...

https://www.nairaland.com/7590818/contemplating-suicide-tonight
Re: Can 2M Be Enough For A Bachelor To Rent A House And Live Comfortably In Lagos? by Antell95(m): 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
Partnerbiz3:

Could u drop mail pls.

Cant use pm

DONE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience With A Fraudulent Property Agent / Economic Downturn: Vacancies In Lekki, VI, Ikoyi Properties Rise 72% In 18 Month / POP (fixing & Casting) Screeding & Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.