Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (20085 Views)

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by damilola4162(m): 12:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Have you been able to spend the old naira notes in your area?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Mynd44: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes. I bought Amala

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
Spend What? sad

I do NOT have a single N500 or N1000 Old note with me! 😏

I wonder what Pple who have in their Houses, were using it for! πŸ˜•

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by VenExchangee: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
lipsrsealed
I haven't gone outside since 4days now but this afternoon I'm planning to reach our junction to see if our street POS girl came today, let me withdraw and go check if they will accept it.

I was able to spend my old note in my area although she refused at first but later accepted, I still have 10k 500 naira note with me, i will be going out to spend more tomorrow

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Berrityga: 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
My mind cut sha. I went to my baba to tell him that he should tell the gods to bring new Notes for me. This thing even affected us ritualist the girl that is in my closet has been vomiting old notes since.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by damilola4162(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2023
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Spend What? sad

I do NOT have a single N500 or N1000 Old note with me! 😏

I wonder what Pple who have in their Houses, were using it for! πŸ˜•

We know Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will become the President, so we have the confidence our money is still a legal tender

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by fola2222: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Let come to think of it. After much suffering they still want to pump out old note again.
With deadlines..

Why are they not giving out new note instead of pumping out old note...

Because if they pump out only old note alone, when the deadline comes, we will still be face with the same challenge

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Adeneeyee84: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Both Buhari and Emefiele will not die well for bringing such idea to Nigeria economy

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Sultty(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Berrityga:
My mind cut sha. I went to my baba to tell him that he should tell the gods to bring new Notes for me. This thing even affected us ritualist the girl that is in my closet has been vomiting old notes since.
kok don dey nairaland

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Blaze14k: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Someone paid me with old note today. I had to take it no other choice. Infact its the first time i received both ols and new note since the naira policy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Clintifydan(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Old notes used in port Harcourt.. Pos charges reduces to 200 per 1k

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Iamdbull: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Dbull on this one!!!

Only the 200 that they sprayed me at my last show

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by JealousCobra(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
cool

I went to GTB in Gboko to collect 20k through a friend, i made a call to a friend trader in my area at Tarka LGA to comfirm if they have started collecting the old money he said No.

Omo, no time I spent the whole money in gboko buying all I needed before heading back to my LG 😎

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Skty: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes they have started collecting....but I still dont understand why Buhari introduced this policy. I'm left with the question:

Which is worse?

Like for Falsification of results
Share for vote buying

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Wainey: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Only the 200 that they sprayed me at my last show
why spraying you rumpled notes?
Na only crayfish sellers atttend the show?

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by buharibanjo(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes but it finishes faster than before

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by God1000(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes, I boarded a cab home yesterday with old N1000 note after getting it from the bank

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Bridget95(f): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
I spent the old naira note so easily today

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
undecided
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Emmastan291: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
The Old naira notes are scarce now...

I still can't understand why the policy was introduced

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by stano2(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes… Generally accepted in Owerri

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Adeling(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Since this naira redesign policy I've never bought cash cheesy

I no know how God take do am.

Anyways, I've not held cash for sometime (500 and 1k), so I'll go withdraw maybe tomorrow or next week (when I'm sure the old cash is now been accepted)

Someone said I didn't buy cash because I'm still under my parents cheesy. Oga just dey play

This's what I do: I get the account number of the shop selling food stuff in bulk close to my house, then anytime I need food I just transfer to the acct, wait till the next day when I'm sure they've seen the transfer, then collect my food stuff in bulk.
Then when it comes to groceries, I just pay through their POS.. simple.

Infact I've done transfers to alot of persons this period than ever before.

(I don't go out since I work from home....beside I'm an introvert who don't really enjoy public space)

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Prechgold1180(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
I nur know when last I see physical cash for eye
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by stano2(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Clintifydan:
Old notes used in port Harcourt.. Pos charges reduces to 200 per 1k
E still much o… Pos charges should be reduced to 50naira for 1k.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by wonder233: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Gmajor(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes oh.
I just spent an old 1,000 Naira note I've been carrying around in my wallet

10 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Jostoman: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:
We know Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will become the President, so we have the confidence our money is still a legal tender
dreaming is allow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by PerfectJUSTICE: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Na brain I take spend am this evening. I went out to eat and after eating I told the woman that it was the 500 old note I had that if she can't spend it I will come back later tonight to change the money for her as I was going to see if I can get cash elsewhere. The mama gree. No so I run o. Hallelujah! My brothers and sisters help me thank God. That money has been with me for a long while now

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Jostoman: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by IGoComotYaTeeth: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
I was able to use mine buy one hot shawarma this afternoon for Mushin, dem no born anybody well to reject it.

All ye brainless tribalists on Nairaland your time is up on this platform. This is 2023 not 1894, it's about time we flush you clowns out, and if anything funny happens to my GRV these coming days to the election, just pray I don't find where you guys rest your heads, because you guys are prime suspects.

LeoDeKing
Moh247
Igbotormentor
BOLATI7UBU01
oyin44
Yamiriflathead
temitope27
Mercury12
LILTJAY
LegendHero
ipobarecriminals
FreeStuffsNG
Mufasa27
TheNiceGuy
Yarimo
Drlateef (drlathief)
Wickedfacts
Peacemaker5128
TheChameleon
shortIGBOman
Okoroawusa
Ekundayo7574
UndisputedKOC
Zulum500
Throwback
Omoawoke
fareed69

You guys should take note.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances / List Of Nigerian Banks And Their Official Android, iOS & BB Apps / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.