Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (20092 Views)

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Djele: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Shedrack777: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
Chuksyno:
Did your bank ask you for deposit code from CBN?
NO! why will they when they need the money to dispence to customers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Josephkabila12: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
PerfectJUSTICE:
Na brain I take spend am this evening. I went out to eat and after eating I told the woman that it was the 500 old note I had that if she can't spend it I will come back later tonight to change the money for her as I was going to see if I can get cash elsewhere. The mama gree. No so I run o. Hallelujah! My brothers and sisters help me thank God. That money has been with me for a long while now
she go collect am, she just won do shakara small
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
nedekid:

And you think he is doing it for you?

it is the alledged 200b in cash he warehouse for 2023 elections along with those held by other governors and politicians they are trying to ensure does not become worthless paper.
Yes, he's doing it for Nigerians.

@ the bolded

What's the meaning of "Alledged"?
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Donmobi(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
I no more even feel like holding cash.
I'm soo comfortable with doing transfer nowadays.
Asin ehn d thing just weak me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
chikason22:

Pipe dream. The court will do the needful. After retrieving the stolen mandate, thiéfnubu and his bunch of no good urchins will be jailed to server as deterrant to other up coming mandate thieves. You can work directly for him in kuje prison.
Garbage talk from a pained urchin grin

I know where this kin Garbage talk belong Mr 🤡🤡

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Abisolababe(f): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
Berrityga:
My mind cut sha. I went to my baba to tell him that he should tell the gods to bring new Notes for me. This thing even affected us ritualist the girl that is in my closet has been vomiting old notes since.

This one shock me...
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by millionboi2: 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2023
Chuksyno:
Rumour still have it that banks don't accept it as deposit except for those who generated CBN code for deposit from a cyber cafe.
is a lie

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes. Amala and ogunfe with eja kika from iya sikira.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Emma1Oj(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
I got 5k old naira note today from Eco bank and I've spend out of it sweetly.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by jessedaflow: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
Imagine those stories of some ritualist using someone or something to vomit money, which one will they be vomiting now? Old or new money? undecided
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by oges(m): 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
I think think things are gradually returning to normal. I spent old 1k at the market today, I asked the woman if she collects old notes, and she said with all pleasure and we both laugh. Hence I quickly went to the ATM to get more. Our govt really need to learn to think deep and through b4 executing policies.
Some small business might have been killed and buried due to this untimely wrong introduction of this cash wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by TheFreshVanilla: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
You've never bought cash because you're still under your parents feeding you.
Adeling:
Since this naira redesign policy I've never bought cash cheesy

I no know how God take do am.

Anyways, I've not held cash for sometime (500 and 1k), so I'll go withdraw maybe tomorrow or next week (when I'm sure the old cash is now been accepted)

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by BreconHills(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Jostoman:
dreaming is allow

The statistics do not say he is dreaming.

Tinubu holds the INEC certificate of return

Since records began, no Nigerian President elect has been overthrown by the Supreme Court.

Who is dreaming?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Evestar200(f): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Only few people are collecting it in Kaduna.

Kaduna people, especially the transport workers said until Buhari address them and say they should use the old currency before they will start taking it.

One mumu conductor and the driver refused to give me change of N350 because I gave them N500 old note.

Old note is just try your luck in Kaduna
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by nedekid: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:

Yes, he's doing it for Nigerians.

@ the bolded

What's the meaning of "Alledged"?
It means "alleged" in Irish.
If you know you know.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by matm: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ubdavis:
I would not give and collect till Buhari speaks

That's a nice decision.Pls keep waiting patiently until he speaks to you

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
nedekid:

It means "alleged" in Irish.
If you know you know.
Alleged

Wetin the word mean in any way you can explain.

I'm doubting you really know the meaning of "alleged".
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by MyMouth(m): 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
fola2222:
Let come to think of it. After much suffering they still want to pump out old note again.
With deadlines..

Why are they not giving out new note instead of pumping out old note...

Because if they pump out only old note alone, when the deadline comes, we will still be face with the same challenge
Didn't u hear that the new CBN governor under the new government will review the whole policy?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Truth234(m): 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
fola2222:
Let come to think of it. After much suffering they still want to pump out old note again.
With deadlines..

Because if they pump out only old note alone, when the deadline comes, we will still be face with the same challenge

They are not printing and releasing old notes. That is why you see that even with the announcement there is still a cash crunch. CBN's focus is on new notes. However, N600 billion worth of old notes is still hiding somewhere within our economy (outside the banking system). CBN will expect those to start finding their way to banks and will continue to remove them from circulation.

This will continue until emefiele leaves. The idea is to compel people to embrace the cashless policy no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Vintage100(m): 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
What type of question is this?? After CBN has issued official statements to that effect?? Whoever reject it will not sell market nah
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by MyMouth(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ubdavis:
I would not give and collect till Buhari speaks
U go wait taya!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by demoBaba: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
fola2222:
With deadlines..

I've been telling my friends, this old noter will not solve our issues, we want CBN governor to release cash flow to banks, we can withdraw our money easily.

We've to endure this Baba last minute tenure, after may 29, things will start normalize.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by fixitbyjal(m): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Only the 200 that they sprayed me at my last show

Or the money you received from d fund raising
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by EnterpriseMan: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:
You can say whatever you want but the reality as at now is that, The old notes are legal tender till Dec 31 2023.
Yea they're legal but where are they? Can you even get old notes from POS? or you forgot banks returned all the old notes to CBN and CBN has long disposed of them. They are legal tender so bring the ones you have stacked in your backyard and spend..

Don't wake up, keep dreaming about reality. Bank have old notes stored and they haven't circulated them?

Fact is simple. 90% of the old notes was returned to CBN and the rest is story, The 10% in circulation is basically useless

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Yea they're legal but where are they? Can you even get old notes from POS?
I still have some new note with me, so am good!
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Ochason(m): 6:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes I av. Went to bank today and withdraw 35k and I av been spending it without rejection.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by nedekid: 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:
Alleged

Wetin the word mean in any way you can explain.

I'm doubting you really know the meaning of "alleged".

What you think is the meaning of "alleged" is what I think it means also.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by livenija: 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
Not yet
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
nedekid:

What you think is the meaning of "alleged" is what I think it means also.

I know you are supporting Obi that's alledged to stash ₦500 billion in cash he warehouse for 2023 elections
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by CodeTemplar: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2023
Berrityga:
My mind cut sha. I went to my baba to tell him that he should tell the gods to bring new Notes for me. This thing even affected us ritualist the girl that is in my closet has been vomiting old notes since.
Lol..
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by spartachico(m): 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
THEY ARE SELLING THE OLD NAIRA NOTE TO US , SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE TELL EMEFIELE OR BUHARI TO RELEASE MONEY TO THE BANKS SO WE CAN WITHDRAW, POS OPERATORS ARE STILL CHARGING EXORBITANT FEE ON OLD NAIRA NOTE, PEOPLE NEED TO BE ARRESTED AND DEALT WITH SO THAT NORMALCY CAN RETURN TO THE LAND BECAUSE IF THEM NO USE ONE PERSON DO SCAPE GOAT THINGS WONT RETURN TO NORMALCY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Are The Farmers? / * / How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.