Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (20093 Views)

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Shedrack777: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
depositee my 300k old notes in bank

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ati old, ati new, a ri nkankan...

Cashless level on point....

If na transfer charges, God never tire to dey do hin work, make we see who go tire laslas
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chinjo2: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes I was able to buy some things today with the old notes at Mat Ice Eatery in Ugbowo Benin City today.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Pootle: 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
we rep the old note cos we are oldies grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Skillsnigeria: 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
No
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Awesomejah: 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes. Shops in my area in PH have started accepting it.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by EnterpriseMan: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:
We know Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will become the President, so we have the confidence our money is still a legal tender

Our money? grin grin Dey play. Money CBN don shred and burn since? The old notes outside no even many reach the new ones

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chuksyno(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Rumour still have it that banks don't accept it as deposit except for those who generated CBN code for deposit from a cyber cafe.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by mukthar2000(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Absolutely capital YES

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 5:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Our money? grin grin Dey play. Money CBN don shred and burn since? The old notes outside no even many reach the new ones
You can say whatever you want but the reality as at now is that, The old notes are legal tender till Dec 31 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

I'm not talking for people like you

I'm talking about we wey get the old cash for house.

Our old notes are legal tender till Dec 31 2023

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chuksyno(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Shedrack777:
depositee my 300k old notes in bank
Did your bank ask you for deposit code from CBN?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Jostoman:
dreaming is allow
Crying is allowed

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by placeofallure(f): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Adeneeyee84:
Both Buhari and Emefiele will not die well for bringing such idea to Nigeria economy

Iseeeee!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by DenreleDave(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
Chuksyno:
Did your bank ask you for deposit code from CBN?
chuku, go and ask Peter obi the loserb

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by placeofallure(f): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Skty:
Yes they have started collecting....but I still dont understand why Buhari introduced this policy. I'm left with the question:

Which is worse?

Like for Falsification of results
Share for vote buying

You won't get anything!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by hitsugaya: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Wainey:
why spraying you rumpled notes?
Na only crayfish sellers atttend the show?
haba, you get bad mouth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by chikason22(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:
We know Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will become the President, so we have the confidence our money is still a legal tender
Pipe dream. The court will do the needful. After retrieving the stolen mandate, thiéfnubu and his bunch of no good urchins will be jailed to server as deterrant to other up coming mandate thieves. You can work directly for him in kuje prison.
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
chikason22:

Pipe dream. The court will do the needful. After retrieving the stolen mandate, thiéfnubu and his bunch of no good urchins will be jailed to server as deterrant to other up coming mandate thieves. You can work directly for him in kuje prison.
Small boys like you think the tribunal and the Court will give judgement before May 29? grin

Asiwaju will rule Nigeria till 2031

Know this and have peace of mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yes I just bought ewudu, cassava and agbado with it

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by bewla(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Mynd44:
Yes. I bought Amala
Without gbegiri abi
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by sparko1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
fola2222:
Let come to think of it. After much suffering they still want to pump out old note again.
With deadlines..

Why are they not giving out new note instead of pumping out old note...

Because if they pump out only old note alone, when the deadline comes, we will still be face with the same challenge

Deadline of 31 December, we are march, that is over 9 months, that is not deadline, that is keep spending, and yes, I have collected and spent the old note since yesterday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by jaxxy(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
fola2222:
Let come to think of it. After much suffering they still want to pump out old note again.
With deadlines..

Why are they not giving out new note instead of pumping out old note...

Because if they pump out only old note alone, when the deadline comes, we will still be face with the same challenge

That is what criminals are not thinking about. They just want to continue their crimes.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chuksyno(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
DenreleDave:
chuku, go and ask Peter obi the loserb
You are either too young to be silly or too old to be a fool. But you must be too old to be a fool. Junkie!
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
buharibanjo:
Yes but it finishes faster than before
LoL..
Who dey chop Akara,na him money he dey chop..

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Ishilove: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
Nmaka why? Sure

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by EriMma1: 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
I don have it
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Ubdavis(m): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
I would not give and collect till Buhari speaks
Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by nedekid: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
Parachoko:
And you think he is doing it for you?
Do not be naive, it is the alleged 200b in cash he warehouse for 2023 elections along with those held by other governors and politicians they are trying to ensure does not become worthless paper.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by exvisam(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
Here in Benue state business men are still not collecting yet. Like me I have a provision shop, several persons have come to ask me if am collecting now, I told them no because if I take it to bank or pos they still won't collect. We are still waiting till next week and see if things will change.

😁😁😁

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Are The Farmers? / * / Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.