Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? (1474 Views)

Kalu Orji: Entire South-South, South-West Should Support South-East Presidency / Lagos Revenue In 2018 Was Higher Than That Of The Entire South-East - NEITI / Map Of South Western Nigeria Showing 61 Locations Of Fulani Settlements In West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 5:34am On Mar 16, 2023
The moment you mention the East people there begin to talk about Nnewi, Onitsha, Aba, Abakaliki and a host of others. The moment you talk North people begin to talk Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Birnin Kebbi, and a host of others. Even the South South they talk of Port Harcourt, Asaba, Benin City etc. Hell even the Middle Belt have Jos, Makurdi, Abuja etc.

Now, the only region where I need to come out and ask if everyone lives in a single city is the South Western. The instant you talk of the Souht West, just like I did in a previous post, the entire people narrowly turn and metamorphose the discuss to LAGOS, LAGOS, almost automatically and instinctively.

Na only Lagos State dey that unna West?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by ElSudani: 5:39am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:
The moment you mention the East people there begin to talk about Nnewi, Onitsha, Aba, Abakaliki and a host of others. The moment you talk North people begin to talk Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Birnin Kebbi, and a host of others. Even the South South they talk of Port Harcourt, Asaba, Benin City etc. Hell even the Middle Belt have Jos, Makurdi, Abuja etc.

Now, the only region where I need to come out and ask if everyone lives in a single city is the South Western. The instant you talk of the Souht West, just like I did in a previous post, the entire people narrowly turn and metamorphose the discuss to LAGOS, LAGOS, almost automatically and instinctively.

SW has more towns and cities than your tiny little region. Bring out your maps and check it out.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 5:43am On Mar 16, 2023
ElSudani:

SW has more towns and cities than your tiny little region. Bring out your maps and check it out.

For your small minded info, I am not from where you automatically think I am little Yoruba man!

And SW doesn't have "cities" what you have are big towns and large LGAs, point of correction.

16 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by Johnjustice: 5:46am On Mar 16, 2023
Aba, abakaliki, Onitsha are villages, no reasonable person will live there, everyone wants to be in a cosmopolitan city, not a city filled with bush, ipob terrorists and no development,.worst of all igbos hate others. Stop counting those dead zones, only places you can count in Nigeria, is, Lagos, Abuja, portharcourt, Kano, calabar. The rest are big villages.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by ElSudani: 5:46am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

For your small minded info, I am not from where you automatically thing I am little Yoruba man!

Wherever you are from in the six geopolitical areas of Nigeria. I can confidently tell you Yoruba has more towns and cities.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by ElSudani: 5:48am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

For your small minded info, I am not from where you automatically thing I am little Yoruba man!

And SW doesn't have "cities" what you have are big towns and large LGAs, point of correction.

So, where are the cities in Nigeria and where are they located?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by raskymonojendor: 5:51am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Nope. Lots of Igbo hustling all over Yoruba cities and towns.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 5:58am On Mar 16, 2023
ElSudani:

So, where are the cities in Nigeria and where are they located?

Over populating and cramping out an area is not enough to call it a "cities" my petite friend.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by puremaker7(m): 6:25am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Not only Lagos o, igbos are scattered everywhere in south west, go to Ondo, Akure, Osogbo, ife they are everywhere

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 6:36am On Mar 16, 2023
puremaker7:
Not only Lagos o, igbos are scattered everywhere in south west, go to Ondo, Akure, Osogbo, ife they are everywhere
Okay.
Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by ResidentSnitch(f): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Nope. Lots of Igbo hustling all over Yoruba cities and towns.
How did you shift this topic to about Igbos? Are you sure you're not going to be unfortunate today?

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by raskymonojendor: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2023
ResidentSnitch:
It's only when it comes to Lagos issue that you'd see Afonja destitutes from all nook and cranny of Ogbomoso hyperventilating and discharging sputum uncontrollably; but mention Kwara State now and how to take it back from their Fulani overlords and you'd see them sneaking out and calling you IPOB.
Drunks.

ResidentSnitch:

How did you shift this topic to about Igbos?
Are you sure you're not going to be unfortunate today?
Nonyerem, until the IPOB poster stops creating nonsense threads about the SW, then I would not stop dragging the red mud land people into the discussion.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by Olachase(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

first you sound mentally dull!!! Second the question you should have asked is why were igbos moving out of their region in thousands, with time south east will be empty, your government pocket all the money federal government allocated to ur region you act like that was right, Obi governor Anambra for 8 years no records of achievement, he ran to lagos, well he open a beer company (Hero) for you guys to drink and forget ur sorry 😊😊

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by ResidentSnitch(f): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Nonyerem, until the IPOB poster stops creating nonsense threads about the SW, then I would not stop dragging the red mud land people into the discussion.
You keep on veering off tangent. That lady you posted her picture has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Btw, beyond the hairs, she's a beautiful lady.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by orisa37: 6:57am On Mar 16, 2023
TINUBU WHEN YOU GET THERE ADOPT FAPRES AND CTTRFG IMMEDIATELY.
GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by raskymonojendor: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2023
ResidentSnitch:

You keep on veering off tangent. That lady you posted her picture has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Btw, beyond the hairs, she's a beautiful lady.
Of course. She is beuntiful.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by puremaker7(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Okay.
Do you know the most funniest thing? in real life, we don't do this tribalistic stuff
Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:05am On Mar 16, 2023
Olachase:
first you sound mentally dull!!! Second the question you should have asked is why were igbos moving out of their region in thousands, with time south east will be empty, your government pocket all the money federal government allocated to ur region you act like that was right, Obi governor Anambra for 8 years no records of achievement, he ran to lagos, well he open a beer company (Hero) for you guys to drink and forget ur sorry 😊😊

Firstly, you do not start an argument or discuss with insults. Secondly, you should not claim to be wiser when you ignorantly assume I am Igbo, automatically.

You are not very bright and reasonable, funny enough almost the entirety of you people assume everybody who questions or faults your outdated way of reasoning is Igbo. You Yorubas have an obsession, a deep mentally degrading obsession for these Igbo people.

It's eating you up!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by Mindlog: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Anyone who is not Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri, he/she automatically becomes "omo ibo"😂😂😂

Very low sense of Nigeria's geography. 😆😆

5 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
This is a thread created to anger SW people, and if the SWesterners dish it back to them, they will run to the mods for help playing the victim.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by Difrent: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Apart from Lagos Abuja porthacout kano ibadan enugu kaduna that have semblance of a city.....all others are just big towns

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:07am On Mar 16, 2023
Mindlog:

Anyone who is not Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri, he/she automatically becomes "omo ibo"😂😂😂

Very low sense of Nigeria's geography. 😆😆

That's why I made a previous thread talking about their warped way of seeing and doing things. These people have a narrow and degenerate way of seeing everything.

I just don't know where and when the Yorubas lost it, these are not the people I used to know.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by heniford2: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2023
Lol! Just Reading comment here my yoruba brothers are so funny oh! 😂😂😁 😁😀 but one serious Note am worried what's going on.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by Difrent: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

That's why I made a previous thread talking about their warped way of seeing and doing things. These people have a narrow and degenerate way of seeing everything.

I just don't know where and when the Yorubas lost it, these are not the people I used to know.
Its because non yorubas and non igbos are unaware of the long history of hostilities between yorubas and igbos.
Igbos dont usually suppot yoruba political aspirations. Forget their retort of "we voted Obj" but they did that to spite the yorubas.... yoruba people wanted olu falae but igbos ganged up with northerners to vote in Obj. Its baffling how a tribe wants to be dictating who another tribe puts forward for elections....thats how Psquare was saying they would have voted Osinbajo (shows their religious bias) but we yorubas too would have voted ogbonnaya onu over Obi...

Its mainly borne out of jealousy and competition. Remember these two being the largest southern tribes had a head start in western education.... Rivalry between yorubas started during colonial times when the likes of Zik and Awo and their mates across africa were schooling in London.

Yorubas sometimes want alliance with igbos but igbos always prefer aligning with the north..... just to spite yorubas...

My advice Non yorubas and non igbos shouldnt get themselves involved in the rivalry.
The both tribes have been on it for long and it wont stop amytime soon. Non yorubas wont know how it feels to have igbos always making attempts to take over the politics of yorubaland....even Zik wanted to be premier of western region when Lagos was FCT and not even part of western region. Geoffrey onyemas father as well as the likes of Jaja nwachukwu have called Lagos no mans land in the past......
If you have such a neighbours breathing down your neck always and threatening your existence....you will know hpw yorubas are feeling

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by seeyounow: 7:10am On Mar 16, 2023
cool
Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by heniford2: 7:11am On Mar 16, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
This is a thread created to anger SW people, and if the SWesterners dish it back to them, they will run to the mods for help playing the victim.
dude it suppose not to be so, i feel this trend should be an education trend not a banter one between one tribe and the other.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

This is a thread made by a MB asking about a people and why the so called popular way of seeing and talking about things. You can interpret it however you what and direct it to whoever you want, it's your way, we all know already.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2023
heniford2:
dude it suppose not to so i feel this trend should be an education trend not a banter one between one tribe and the other.
When you see and hear someone with a big and critical mind you know. You are one, thank you my guy. Tell them!

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 7:13am On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Oga shut that gutter ......
Ogun state alone has more functioning industries than all eastern state combined.......the fact u never visited other wouldn't let u know ......

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by PrinceOfLagos: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2023
Remove Lagos and the south west will be reduced to almost nothing

5 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Only City In The Entire South Western? by LocalStandard1(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2023
puremaker7:
Do you know the most funniest thing? in real life, we don't do this tribalistic stuff
Are you sure? But it always starts like this you know.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No One Wants To Help Me – Man Who Trekked 788 Kilometers For Buhari Cries Out / New Prophecy About May 29 / Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.