Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari (1480 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him / Why Opposition Parties Endorsed Sanwo-olu — CPP / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Fareke: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday, said a combination of overconfidence, complacency and bad tactical moves made the opposition political parties to lost the February 25 presidential election.

The President said while the the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, was working hard to retain power in the recent elections, the combined opposition was a victim of overconfidence.

Speaking at his residence in the State House where he received the Progressive Governors Forum led by its Chairman, Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi State, Buhari said: “They were already telling their foreign backers that they would defeat the APC.

“Our party blended confidence with caution, we worked hard and won. Now, their overconfidence is creating more problems for the opposition than anyone else.

“They are finding it hard to convince those who supported them from outside why they are unable to beat us.

"A combination of overconfidence, complacency and bad tactical moves made them lose, plain and clear. This has created more problems in their camp. Why did they fail to remove us?”

Speaking in response to an issue raised by Governor Bagudu, the leader of the Forum, President Buhari said “an important reason I congratulate Asiwaju on winning is because the opposition got support and false hope from outside and went on to create the impression that they will win, that they will defeat us.

“How more wrong could anyone be?”

He charged the Progressive Governors to stick together and openly address issues among themselves.

“Try and keep solving problems. Be courageous to discuss them openly between yourselves. This is the best way to survive politically in Nigeria,” said the President.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/presidential-polls-overconfidence-bad-tactical-moves-cost-opposition-victory-buhari/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
Very careless statements from a whole President over a case in the court.

Nobody announces A GENUINE election results by 4am any where in the world as if the world was coming to an end.

7 Likes

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by YouandiAllofus: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Y

7 Likes

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by BIZNess123(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
angry

A house divided against itself cannot stand..

Nigerians should prepare change has come...

The man(jagaban)Nigeria has been waiting for is here

Meanwhile emefiele should be preparing to run or go on self exile...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by BIZNess123(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin its funny how the SE voted uniformly for obi...and when it's time to share positions, they remembered fairness...so other regions that voted for tinubu are fools abi..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by helinues: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
Atiku, Obi, Kwankwanso, G5. A divided house is meant to crumbled.

Add Obi's vote to Atiku's own, Pdp would have won easily.

You see in life, if it's about dreaming or having an idea, na everybody for dey rich but there are some factors/forces who are unseen that give directions. All depends on how you are relative to them just like his Excellency Bola Tinubu.

Trump first term election winning and the succeed of Subsidy protest have something in common. That was when I give high Tuale to Tinubu .

Na God dey give power and he has already given it to Tinubu. No baga can stop that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Corn247: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
Sai Buhari grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by DMerciful(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
Who takes Bubu seriously? Person that is always not aware
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Roboto11: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
So says the greatest election loser in the history of Nigeria since democracy who managed to come into power by deceitful promises
2 times presido.

He is in a position Obi would never see.

2 Likes

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Roboto11: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
BIZNess123:
grin its funny how the SE voted uniformly for obi...and when it's time to share positions, they remembered fairness...so other regions that voted for tinubu are fools abi..

I before others.
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Houseontherock1: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Nobody announces A GENUINE election results by 4am any where in the world as if the world was coming to an end.

They announced when results compilation was concluded! If they waited till daybreak, you would have said they rigged between 4am and the time of announcement! Besides, what would you guys have done if the result was announced in the morning or afternoon? Absolutely nothing!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by YouandiAllofus: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
Roboto11:

2 times presido.

He is in a position Obi would never see.
So says by one of the gullibles that bought into the deceit that brought us where we are today.

1 Like

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by StreetFight: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
Roboto11:

I before others.

You mean ME, MYSELF and I.

2 Likes

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by StreetFight: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
helinues:
Atiku, Obi, Kwankwanso, G5. A divided house is meant to crumbled.

Add Obi's vote to Atiku's own, Pdp would have won easily.

You see in life, if it's about dreaming or having an idea, na everybody for dey rich but there are some factors/forces who are unseen that give directions. All depends on how you are relative to them just like his Excellency Bola Tinubu.

Trump first term election winning and the succeed of Subsidy protest have something in common. That was when I give high Tuale to Tinubu .

Na God dey give power and he has already given it to Tinubu. No baga can stop that

From the beginning I knew that with Buhari's performance, he has already sabotaged Tinubu. I knew that Tinubu will never be able to defeat Atiku Abubakar because the Northern votes will be divided between the two with Atiku getting 60% or more. I knew the South-South and South East will vote for PDP (Atiku) and the Tinubu will win the South West with about 70%. In total, PDP (Atiku) will win. I was so sure that Atiku will win the PDP ticket, and 100% sure that nobody could snatch APC from Tinubu.

However, when Emilokan Tinubu sponsored some people to trick Peter Obituary out of PDP, and divide PDP's votes in its strongholds of South-South and South-East, I knew the election was over before election day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by jalaludeen1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
Self deceit through online poll.
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Roboto11: 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
YouandiAllofus:

So says by one of the gullibles that bought into the deceit that brought us where we are today.

Where are you today?

grin
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by kokoA(m): 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
That's actually true. I really hoped Obi could pull a magic but it didn't happen. The painful truth is that APC won that election. Agreed, there were manipulations here and there but the result wouldn't have changed. Obi couldn't have won with his poor performance in the northwest and north east, Atiku couldn't have won with Obi taking big chunk of his votes in the southeast and South South.

5 Likes

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by buharitill2023: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
So says the greatest election loser in the history of Nigeria since democracy who managed to come into power by deceitful promises.
Yet again, we have another president-elect surrounded by so many controversies of electoral malpractices, drug dealings, certificate forgery, unaccounted wealth, dual citizenship and more still under the carpet.
you will wail till 2039

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Lighthert: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
T
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by YouandiAllofus: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
Roboto11:

Where are you today?

grin
5x worse off than where I was before 2015. A bag of rice that sold for 15k now sells for 40k...
I bet you can add the rest grin
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by QuotaSystem: 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
kokoA:
That's actually true. I really hoped Obi could pull a magic but it didn't happen. The painful truth is that APC won that election. Agreed, there were manipulations here and there but the result wouldn't have changed. Obi couldn't have won with his poor performance in the northwest and north east, Atiku couldn't have won with Obi taking big chunk of his votes in the southeast and South South.

On point 💯

1 Like

Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by YouandiAllofus: 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
buharitill2023:
you will wail till 2039
If I can 'wail', doesn't that mean I am free and independent Way better than you that sold your soul into perpetual slavery and poverty for peanutry If not, wail and lets see if the little life in you will not be made miserable by your pay masters whom you worship and jump at their defence in every public space. Wail let's know if your little stipends will not be frozen like fishes in the coldroom. undecided
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Fortruth: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Did you see the video of him saying these things?

Of course, it is lies.

That person there is not the real Buhari.

They have been lying to all of una since 2017.

Where is Osinbanjo.... did he not say why his own Vice did not win the Primary?

What a joke of a people
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
StreetFight:

You go just die of hypertension

Why are you worried?
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Racoon(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
So the sham 2023 elections by INEC are what he is proud of? This man is simply the worst president ever seen in history.
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Jones4190(m): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
greatiyk4u:

stop crying obinna,
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by slivertongue: 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Wow overconfidence? Buhari is truly sheepish? Election in which APC had nothing tangible to campaign with. INEC dashed APC power and they know it
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Roboto11: 1:23am On Apr 28, 2023
YouandiAllofus:

5x worse off than where I was before 2015. A bag of rice that sold for 15k now sells for 40k...
I bet you can add the rest grin

Well that's your story.
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by Bhella5(m): 2:25am On Apr 28, 2023
slivertongue:
Wow overconfidence? Buhari is truly sheepish? Election in which APC had nothing tangible to campaign with. INEC dashed APC power and they know it
Campaign after election is actually a crime
Re: Why Opposition Lost Presidential Election — Buhari by YouandiAllofus: 7:00am On Apr 28, 2023
Roboto11:

Well that's your story.
And how's yours different in this same Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stolen Mandate: Count Me Out, It Can Never Be Me ~ Dr Ninyo Omidiji / Nigeria Is Going To Be Better In The Year 2030 / Atiku Indicted In US Congress Man Jefferson's Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.