Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out (20344 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Lady Loses Friend At LUTH Because There Was No Bed Space And Consultants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by chimpad: 12:17am On Mar 17, 2023
You get sense. I learn each time you post.
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

If the argument is Lagos has seaport,

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

Can't any other state access funding of $2billion and build a functional port

New City Development

Downtown Chicago built all infrastructure and skyscrapers in less than 5 years

Dubai UAE, Sharjah and most UAE top city developed in less than 2 decade

China transformations was within 30 years

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:03am On Mar 17, 2023
So saddening, no matter what they ought to have saved her life first. R.l.P
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ycat: 4:42am On Mar 17, 2023
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ycat: 4:51am On Mar 17, 2023
That's why you should stay in your region or pay private hospital for your care. Yoruba have to take care of their own people too, they are humans too, abi they are your bodyguards to the world. This your level of entitlement is insane.
BurialGround:
smiley

After I almost lost my son in Isolo General hospital, I said bye bye to all government hospitals. Those Yoruba nurses and tribalism na 5 and 6. They abandoned my son but are eager to attend to those speaking same language with them.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by kernniejay(m): 5:56am On Mar 17, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

New City Development

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

For the first time, you say something reasonable.
NB: Hope you are aware that your hero, MC Oluomo is at it again, intimidating voters? I'm waiting for your defence of him as his lead counsel and legal adviser.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by obyno82: 6:06am On Mar 17, 2023
IpobAntidote:

My father doesn't have sense.

I agree and it shows in your behavior
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by LordFaraday(m): 6:17am On Mar 17, 2023
It's the same thing in lasuth, I had the experience.
(
madridguy:
R. I. P to her.

People should stop taken emergency situation to LUTH ... Go to LASUTH IKEJA instead... At least to a reasonable extent it's well equipped by Lagos government.

I can see people bashing Lagos State Government, LUTH is a federal hospital.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by BurialGround: 7:27am On Mar 17, 2023
ycat:
That's why you should stay in your region or pay private hospital for your care. Yoruba have to take care of their own people too, they are humans too, abi they are your bodyguards to the world. This your level of entitlement is insane.

Tell Tinubu, Fashola, Gbajiama etc to leave Abuja and stay in their region.

Argue with your đź’€.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2023
Moh247:
Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on.

Dubai with not more than 300K indigenes caters for a population of 3.5m, including many Nigerians…
Meanwhile, most of those other so-called “non-indigene” Nigerians in Lagos account for a ton of that IGR that APC/BAT brag about.

The BIGGEST investment in Lagos, the Dangote Refinery, is being built by a non-indigene…
While some of the biggest employers of labor in Lagos (Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, Mike Adenuga, etc.) are non-indigenes.

Btw, where did you think the money for projects like Third Mainland Bridge, Festac Town, Tin Can, etc., came from?
From the likes of “indigenes” MC Oluomo, the Agbero Peoples Congress, or from the environmental genocide of the Niger Delta?!

PS: Btw, the Lekki Deepsea Port project took about TWO DECADES to be realized…
Let’s not even begin with the Fourth Mainland Bridge and Lekki Airport (for which many indigenous villagers have lost their land).
>

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by 9jaRealist: 8:42am On Mar 17, 2023
Moh247:
Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on .

And btw, that’s just plain INCORRECT…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Chicago
>
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Otunbakayce: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Saudi Arabia....10 million barrels of crude per day for 40 million people

Nigeria...1.8million barrels of crude daily for 220 million people.

Just let that sink in, and you would see that we don't have enough for everyone...plus the stealing our leaders do makes it worse.

We are not a rich oil nation. For us to be atSaudi's level, our population needs to be lower than that of the United Arab emirates.

All oil rich nations have very low populations. Below 20 million.Oil Countries that pass that...like Nigeria, Iran and Venezuela....have issues with debts, and keeping their people supplied well.

Nigeria's budget every year is not up to 40 billion dollars. Saudi has reserves ten times that...because they produce much more.

Also, we earn about 100 bn dollars a year, assuming oil is at 100 dollars a barrel and does not fall below that.

Finally, we earn less than the above because of oil prices never being where we want them

Meanwhile to be as rich enough to get 5 teaching hospitals, we need to be earning somewhere around 300bn dollars. 300 billion dollars or more.

See why I do not like our leaders....NO IDEAS ON HOW TO DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY.

Seriously, we are not as rich as you think we are. We rely on one stream of income. Is that how rich nations do? Would you rely on only one stream of income?

grin

I am not excusing anyone at all.

I am pointing out how bad it is. And that by extension shows how bad our leaders are. They know how bad it is, yet they won't make the hard choices we need to make to get up economically.

Keep that in mind, and don't accuse me of excusiing anyone again. Because I am not.
Your points are invalid! You are comparing production alone, why don't you compare the resources that both countries poses. Stop making excuses for the criminal politicians except you are one of them.
Why didn't you make mention of China or Brazil or even Indonesia who don't have as much natural wealth generating resources as we do but are doing far better economically.
Nigeria resources and wealth is enough to lift majority of the population out of poverty and also provide basic infrastructures.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 17, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Your points are invalid! You are comparing production alone, why don't you compare the resources that both countries poses. Stop making excuses for the criminal politicians except you are one of them.

Nope, just making the point that

1.We need to diversify our economy

2.Short term, it means hard things like removing subsides, raising taxes and so on.

Welcome to growth of nations 101...where hard decsions we don't like have to be made. (Why I have never voted for APC in other words)

Why didn't you make mention of China or Brazil or even Indonesia who don't have as much natural wealth generating resources as we do but are doing far better economically.

Ah thanks very much...two countries that kind of prove my point.

China has an industrial economy, and yes, they do not joke with things like the light bill, nor do they over subsidise, and they are diversified. And they do not rely on selling oil.

Brazil, has a mechanized agric sector...not like our subsistence farming, and also has industries, and low subsides.

And their tax to gdp is even higher than ours.

We have to diversify. When China was a poor nation like we are now, they had bad health care. Forty years later...

Nigeria resources and wealth is enough to lift majority of the population out of poverty and also provide basic infrastructures.

If we diversify into industries and mechanize our agric. Not just rely on oil, because as you can see OIL MONEY IS NOT ENOUGH....and the thieving politicans loot it, making a bad matter worse.

I hope you get what I am saying now.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2023
Its the king of government we have, they d rather spend billions on frivolities than fix the public hospitals, since neither they nor their wards go there. Teaching hospitals all over the country have become death camps. My condolence.

Please dont ever go to a teaching hospital again, even if she got a bed space there is no guarantee that she will be attended to , goto a private clinic instead.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by fly4celine: 3:10am On Mar 18, 2023
If you are ready to die , fall sick and head to Luth,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? / What Makes You Snore? / Couple And Their Children Burnt In Fire Outbreak In Kaduna. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.