Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos (3999 Views)

Tinubu: Nigeria’s Economy Not Distressed - Information Minister / Hardship: Nigerian Economy Not In Mess – Ex-British Council Director, Roberts / Fact Check: How True Are Claims By Tinubu Shettima About Size Of Lagos Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by waynetee(m): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:
My brother we can only fool ourselves so far. Care is not taken they'll buy up the whole of Lagos

What will a cursed fool
who punishes his own parent everyweek just because simon ekpa told him to do on YouTube not say. Illiterates grin

Tell how entire Igbo generation can ever get 1% of Lagos?
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by reddingtonblack: 7:47am On Mar 17, 2023
DaddyCoool:

It's like asking a Naija buying up houses in, say, Accra, what's stopping him from developing Nigeria!

Inter-state comparism and international are not the same, but even at that your clever submission still begs the question.

Why will you leave your father land and go to develop other peoples land ... have you considered what happened to Abramovich of chelsea, govt can easily furstrate you out
do you remember xenophobia and what happened to Nigerians in south africa, now igbos are agitating for Biafra and at the same tine investing madly in a state they want to secede from cheesy ..just imagine igbos get Biafra today what do you think will happen to all there invest in other regions, will they secede and still be living in Nigeria cheesy

China is all over the world, but they contribute their gains largely towards the development of china.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by udede(m): 7:48am On Mar 17, 2023
Ransomware:

player,

I am going to ask you a question and I want you to honestly answer this question
Can you ever think back to a time you met an Igbo person, not online and they said to you, "we developed Lagos" I mean one on one, Have you ever heard that? the internet is an echo chamber that fuels chaos.
Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, is yoruba land. the reason why everyone flocks there is that for many years, that was the capital of Nigeria and the federal funds built it and created an environment for business. If the Nigeria capital is moved to Abia State and the same level of funds was pumped into Abia state, it will create the same environment that will bring development.

Let us not come on the internet and fight like we are not all suffering in Nigeria. I have never seen a situation where a Yoruba man want to buy from an Igbo man and they both refused to transact business because of their tribes.
let us slow down with all these harsh words and accusations. while we fight amongst ourselves, the loot us dry
you are explaining to bone brains with spiritual multiple brain tumours. There's no reasoning with them hence their jealous minds are made up. Envy can reduce a man to something less than a Fool. The truth is that this country is overdue for division even the play ground is not level.

Look at the man planning to rule Nigeria, Tinubu, has he condemned the violence and intimidation going on in Lagos. What of sanwo olu , doesn't he see mc oluomo's treats and all. This country is just finished in the hands of desperate confused people.

Let them keep dragging the revolution closer, I'm sure that non of them will survive it. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by bentenny(m): 7:52am On Mar 17, 2023
Every 4 years selfish politicians keep whipping up this ethnic sentiment just to enable the people get distracted!

These same politicians know the importance of everyone's business in terms of improving Lagos economy esp that of the igbos!

But because the ethic slurs suits their cause and provides a free pass to achieve their political ambition,they won't mind spending a fortune to enable such narratives to persist!

When elections are over,the same politician will want to rule over all including the Igbos!
A simple tool of divide and rule!

Nigerians no matter their ethic profiling should be speaking in voice to challenge the status quo of criminality by these politicians!
However,the instrument of tribal bigotry has always been a more than adequate armoury in the hands of these few politicians to divide Nigerians!
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by princemillla(m): 7:52am On Mar 17, 2023
Biodun556:
Larger % of the food consume in Lagos are from the north

Most manufacturing companies in Lagos are owned by foreigners

Most artisans in Lagos are Yorubas

Dangote refinery alone is bigger than all Igbo investment in south west

Igbos only dominate buying and selling of okrika, electronics, spare parts and what else?

I understand your point but u can't overrule their contributions to lagos growth thru petty tax and import duties. Most of the items they brought in from foreign lands pass thru ports and others. Decentralised all port in lagos, you will see drop in lagos state igr. Then u will believe that they also have their part.

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by lanocfoods: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2023
lovere:
Nairaland stinks these days. The level of hatred and tribalism here is really disgusting and alarming. The

And the funny part is that the owner and MODs are dong nothing about it
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by reddingtonblack: 7:54am On Mar 17, 2023
IDENNAA:

Two Igbo military administrations have governed Lagos and nothing happened then suddenly Tinubu lost Lagos and all hell let loose.

Interesting, can you please tell what there administration did better, becos igbos alway make us feel it is becos they have govern Nigeria that is why Uk/USA is better than Nigeria.
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by ProphetM0hammad: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2023
Don't mind those osu selling boxers and singlets

90% of ibos in Lagos are either

Pickpockets
Ritualists
Fraudsters
Drug peddlers
Armed robbers
Thieves
Scammers
Etc

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:04am On Mar 17, 2023
Ransomware:

player,

I am going to ask you a question and I want you to honestly answer this question
Can you ever think back to a time you met an Igbo person, not online and they said to you, "we developed Lagos" I mean one on one, Have you ever heard that? the internet is an echo chamber that fuels chaos.
Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, is yoruba land. the reason why everyone flocks there is that for many years, that was the capital of Nigeria and the federal funds built it and created an environment for business. If the Nigeria capital is moved to Abia State and the same level of funds was pumped into Abia state, it will create the same environment that will bring development.

Let us not come on the internet and fight like we are not all suffering in Nigeria. I have never seen a situation where a Yoruba man want to buy from an Igbo man and they both refused to transact business because of their tribes.
let us slow down with all these harsh words and accusations. while we fight amongst ourselves, the loot us dry

Good job guy. Honestly I never knew some Yorubas can be this emotional. Just what they read online is getting them to behave childish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by DaddyCoool: 8:17am On Mar 17, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Inter-state comparism and international are not the same, but even at that your clever submission still begs the question.

Why will you leave your father land and go to develop other peoples land ... have you considered what happened to Abramovich of chelsea, govt can easily furstrate you out
do you remember xenophobia and what happened to Nigerians in south africa, now igbos are agitating for Biafra and at the same tine investing madly in a state they want to secede from cheesy ..just imagine igbos get Biafra today what do you think will happen to all there invest in other regions, will they secede and still be living in Nigeria cheesy

China is all over the world, but they contribute their gains largely towards the development of china.

Well, people go where they're destined to thrive. There are Nigerians flexing in various countries all over the world who'd have died of hunger if they stayed in Nigeria! Ibos tend to japa from their ancestral land more than any other people. As for Biafra, I don't think japarian Ibos want Biafra at all. They know Naija is too intertwined to be separated - it's too late!
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:19am On Mar 17, 2023
oyin44:

So you are comparing Ghana to Nigeria as if you are comparing anambra to kano.. grin grin

Wake up..south east is a deserted region

And Africas second and 17th largest market is thier region?

Shey na ghost dey use the markets?
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Biodun556(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2023
princemillla:

I understand your point but u can't overrule their contributions to lagos growth thru petty tax and import duties. Most of the items they brought in from foreign lands pass thru ports and others. Decentralised all port in lagos, you will see drop in lagos state igr. Then u will believe that they also have their part.

They exaggerate their contribution by making stupid demands.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Biodun556(m): 8:24am On Mar 17, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

The biggest sources of revenue for the Nigeria Government are the Oil in the Niger Delta and the Seaports.

The Seaports contribute billions annually through Custom Duty. The biggest three Seaports are presently in Lagos. About 60% of the importation and exportation business at the Seaports are done by the igbos.

What the Lagos State Government and Federal Government gets from the businesses of the igbos at the Seaport in a month is bigger than what they get from the work of Yoruba artisans in ten years.

That is a fact. The igbos also control 80% of the big markets in Lagos. These markets generates enormous revenues for the Lagos State Government.

Keep decieving yourself.
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by reddingtonblack: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Well, people go where they're destined to thrive. There are Nigerians flexing in various countries all over the world who'd have died of hunger if they stayed in Nigeria! Ibos tend to japa from their ancestral land more than any other people. As for Biafra, I don't think japarian Ibos want Biafra at all. They know Naija is too intertwined to be separated - it's too late!

There was time yorubas largely migrated to the North, until ethnic riot taught many a bitter lesson, yorubas lost businesses and property, most returned to west to start all over again in the 90's
Bro some truth might sound cruel, nobody we state one tribe can't live anywhere in Nigeria but what we are saying is where ever you find yourself its common sense to respect your host.
Growing up in my Fathers house then, i remember there are things i will and my father will remind my son, these is my house cheesy you get, that is my own father o
TBH ! igbos have to call themselves to order

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by XAUBulls: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2023
Biodun556:

Larger % of Lagos IGR are from civil servants tax

Igbos only dominate buying and selling of okrika, electronics, spare parts and what else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by XAUBulls: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2023
totit:

In as much as you are trying to defend the SW, we must talk and discuss based on facts.

That being said, I must confess that based on fact indeed the above-mentioned are parts of what contributes to the major chunk of the Lagos economy.

Below, the table tells that the Civil servant and or government workers are the major contributor to the state's economy followed by the above-mentioned or the manufacturing industry to mention but few.

Those workers are the ones behind the Paye you see below you.
Indeed... PAYE.
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by D1official: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2023
oyin44:

So you are comparing Ghana to Nigeria as if you are comparing anambra to kano.. grin grin

Wake up..south east is a deserted region
And how is Kano better than Anambra?, All these ogbomosho Boys self that has refused to leave their enclave asif their lives depend on it.
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by oladunjoye77u: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2023
No 10 terrorists in the world is located in south eastNo 10 terrorists in the world is located in south east...

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by oyin44: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2023
D1official:

And how is Kano better than Anambra?, All these ogbomosho Boys self that has refused to leave their enclave asif their lives depend on it.

Continue fooling urself ...you better wake up ..

.your region is crawling

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by cocolacec(m): 9:21am On Mar 17, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Biodun556

Igbos should stop saying they want to rule Lagos. Don't steal what does not belong to you.

If Nigeria was practicing true democracy,you won't say this. Every Nigeria can vie for elective post anywhere you were born or have lived for over 18 years. Now most Igbos in SW were born and bred there and have never visited/Lived in the SE all their lives. How can you stop such from holding elective positions in the place of their birth?

Why cant Igbos give birth in their homeland why must they breed like fools in Yorubaland?
A visa regime for nyanmirins across Nigeria will be perfect to curb the marauders rampage.
Biafrans must be subject to a visa regime be4 they can enter any part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by D1official: 9:25am On Mar 17, 2023
oyin44:

Continue fooling urself ...you better wake up ..

.your region is crawling

Go to google and make research on the Aeriel view of any south eastern state of your choice and kindly do same for your states excluding Lagos and you will be thrilled.

Even the purported deserted 5 eastern states still have more registered voters than yours.

GO AND SLEEP BOY!!
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by oyin44: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2023
D1official:

Go to google and make research on the Aeriel view of any south eastern state of your choice and kindly do same for your states excluding Lagos and you will be thrilled.

Even the purported deserted 5 eastern states still have more registered voters than yours.

GO AND SLEEP BOY!!

Lagos is not part of south east..Wake up from your slumber

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Proudlyomonna: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:
My brother we can only fool ourselves so far. Care is not taken they'll buy up the whole of Lagos

Do You believe in One Nigeria??
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by ahiboilandgas: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2023
Biodun556:

Larger % of Lagos IGR are from civil servants tax

prostitution and hookup industry!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Lavida486: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
PoliteActivist

I'm only saying we should be discussing ways to checkmate it instead of deceiving ourselves that Fulani are the ones buying up everything

Wow...i thought i have seen it all but this statement just surprised me. You want to check mate development because of tribalism? Have the igbos ever forcefully taken any of your lands?
You all are weak cowards who cry foul because you can't stay competitive without hand downs.
You don't need to checkmate anything just tell your Government to open a seaport in south south or in south east then give Igbos less than 6 months they will all disappear from Lagos
Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by christistruth01: 10:16am On Mar 17, 2023
Thanksful:

That is why we clamored for peter Obi because easy money has a way to robbing nation of their value. Nigeria is at its lowest in value scale.

Everything is about money. No one cares how you got it.

Drug Pushing exploded under Peter Obi in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Biodun556(m): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
prostitution and hookup industry!

grin

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 17, 2023
christistruth01:

Drug Pushing exploded under Peter Obi in Anambra

The same time that Akuyilu made name in reducing drug in Nigeria?

Which section of the country use drugs more in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by christistruth01: 10:24am On Mar 17, 2023
Thanksful:

The same time that Akuyilu made name in reducing drug in Nigeria?

Which section of the country use drugs more in Nigeria?

Aunty Dora Akunyili did her best and they almost killed her but remember she was at the Federal Level

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Biodun556(m): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2023
Lavida486:
You don't need to checkmate anything just tell your Government to open a seaport in south south or in south east then give Igbos less than 6 months they will all disappear from Lagos

That has been done, still they prefer Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by christistruth01: 10:25am On Mar 17, 2023
Lavida486:

Onne Port in Port Harcourt is Open and fully functional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8BtTHYGTZU

1 Like

Re: Foreigners, Hausa Fulani Drive Lagos Economy Not Igbos by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 17, 2023
christistruth01:

Aunty Dora Akunyili did her best and they almost killed her but remember she was at the Federal Level

So how do drugs get into the country in the first place?

I asked, which reach use hard drugs the most in Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayo Ononuga Finally Agrees That Tinubu Is A Drug Dealer —David Hundeyin Reacts / Where Elections Won’t Hold ! / Boko Haram, Bomb Explosion In Kaduna Kill Policeman: See Video Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.