Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) (2914 Views)

1 Killed, ‘Auxiliary’ At Large, 78 Members Arrested, During Gun Duel With Police / Kogi Man Wearing T-shirt With “I Pity The Fool” Inscription Receives Wheelbarrow / Ortom Blasts Buhari: These Fulanis Are From Mali & Niger; Not Even Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by sunboy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2023
tungamaje:

Mr man, there is nothing you can say to defend this. Nigeria was a rich country until recently when our leaders drove us to penury. Did you see the recipients of those generosity as homeless or victims of a natural disaster? See able bodied men struggling to receive food from the Lebanese philanthropists who know Nigerians are currently very hungry. This sort of good gesture would never have happened in the 70s and 80s when we were rich. Just admit it that things have deteriorated recently. Very soon, Ghanaians and Kenyans would also come to the aid of poor Nigerians

Defend poverty? hell NO! Just telling you to quit the emotion. Those Lebanese are Nigeria residents who make a living here. FYI, they didn't just fly from their country to Nigeria to help, cos Lebanon is a far poorer country than Nigeria.

Nigeria is a rich country and will always be one, being rich doesn't mean you will be able to provide for EVERY CITIZEN and there will always be POOR people in EVERY ECONOMY.

Your last statement is outright misplaced here but kudos to you for that joke.

I also never said things arent bad especially for the poor.

1 Like

Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by tungamaje: 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2023
sunboy:

Defend poverty? hell NO! Just telling you to quit the emotion. Those Lebanese are Nigeria residents who make a living here. FYI, they didn't just fly from their country to Nigeria to help, cos Lebanon is a far poorer country than Nigeria.

Nigeria is a rich country and will always be one, being rich doesn't mean you will be able to provide for EVERY CITIZEN and there will always be POOR people in EVERY ECONOMY.

Your last statement is outright misplaced here but kudos to you for that joke.

I also never said things arent bad especially for the poor.

My point is that such a nice gesture of the Lebanese sharing food to the Nigerian poor would have been absurd in the early 70s and 80s when the economy boomed. They should have found another way of giving back to the Nigerian society instead of sharing food. When you distribute food to people it means you agree things are tough for them. Nigeria as the leading black nation should not be fed by foreigners. Our leaders have failed us. How would other black African countries see us Nigerians pushing and shoving each other in an effort to collect food from foreigners?
Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by manny4u(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2023
This video really broke my heart.
Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by GreyLaw(m): 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
chiefoga:

No you are a blind tribal bigot. The only reason why you support Peter Obi is because he is igbo, be real with yourself. Be truthful to yourself. What you need to understand is he is not the answer he never was. If he was anambra would be competing with Lagos in every metric but it isn’t. So no. Drop your tribal sentiments and give APC a chance, because you never did.

Yes, Obi won Plateau, Nassarawa, Abuja and Lagos because those are Igbo states. Can you see how illogical you are? My closest friend is from Ife. He and his family dislike Tinubu. Are they also Igbo? Nigerians across the divide voted Obi because he is accessible and he is clean, at least as much as we know. Allow your education to show when you speak on public forums.

As for the OP, please stop. Even here in the UK Arabs and Africans give out food and White people queue up to take food. There are poor and needy people everywhere. And in that crowd there are Nigerians from all walks of life.

There is no country under the sun that people don't queue to collect free things. None!
Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by orisa37: 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2023
West African French Currency used to be about 10000 : N1 but now it is N10 : their ONE SEPHA.
Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by Rickmann: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2023
LocalStandard1:
I feel very disheartened, demoralized and angry seeing this!

You know, there is a problem in Nigeria and even Africa as a whole! The fact foreigners have to come to our countries and succeed at our expense and under our very eyes, while we beg for food on election days from them. And even many are happy and claiming sophistication and "woke" about these inhumane reality is more sorrowful. We are immigrant subhumans in their countries and they are gods in ours. Sickening!!

This is a video I saw of Lebanese sharing food to healthy, strong, young men, seeking support for the APC candidates in Lagos State. The same Lagos State being prided as the centre of abundance and so called prosperity and excellence? What is really going on in Nigeria? When did we as humans loose our self-respect and pride?

With hands stretched out to the white man(in your lands) begging for food. In the 21st century?! Systematic subjugation and slavery in collaboration with so-called elected governments!

https://twitter.com/diisa2002/status/1636422412534202377/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1636422412534202377&currentTweetUser=diisa2002

See them begging for food
Una never see anything.
Re: See What Made Me Pity The Yorubas And Even Nigerians At Large(pictures) by Benwallt(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
If this happened in the east, the Lebanese, goods and truck would still be missing and their local brothers and sisters in pool of blood.

Ikpeazu shared eba and watery egusu soup n there were multitudes pushing, kicking n stretching to get one pack.

At least this one was given in a carton not Santana nylon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Governor Uzodinma, Wike, Bello Others Shortlisted On United State / What Obijackson Is Building In Okija Anambra State (video) / Video of Armed Suspected Fulani's Rooming About the Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.