Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land (523 Views)

Alaafin Told Us His Forefathers Were Calling Him Two Weeks Ago - Aide / UMUJA: Check Out An Entire Village With NO MAN! / Abuja Is A No Man’s Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by duro4chang(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2023
Agbotikuyo means one who hears the sound of death and rejoices.
That’s the name of an area in Agege.

Surulere means there is reward for patience.
That’s the area Gbaja represents where the National Stadium is located in Lagos.

Alagbado means the corn owner.
That’s where one herdsmedia, AIT has its headquarters.

Olorunsogo means God has done us glory. It’s a popular location between Oshodi and Mushin.

Alausa means the owner of walnuts. It is the seat of Lagos state government.

Isale Eko means Lagos Isand.

Abekoko means under Cocoa trees.

Odi Olowo means the boundary of the rich.

Mushin Oloosa means the gods’ area of Mushin.

Olowogbowo means the owner of the money has collected his money.

Shomolu means wizardry took an important personality.

Egbeda means a thing contributed by a group.

Akowonjo means one who brings everyone together.

Alapere means one who owns baskets
Fadeyi means the oracle turned to this.
Onipanu means the owner of roofing sheets.
Eti-Osa means the bank of the lagoon.
The list goes on.
How then is Lagos not a Yoruba land?

Copied

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by Xxxxtentacion2: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2023
Lagos is no mans land.....
Yoruba don't own Lagos....😂😂😂
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by 40Bullets: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2023
Is anyone still discussing this?
People are talking about sending Sanwo-olu away, you are talking about Lagos being a no-man's land.
Eleyi si n gege sehin

GRV is coming o
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by googi: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
Only the usurpers think or want Eko to be no man's land.

Olorunsogo!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by 1Sharon(f): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2023
What does lekki and ajah mean?
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by AfonjaConehead: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
duro4chang:
Agbotikuyo means one who hears the sound of death and rejoices.
That’s the name of an area in Agege.

Surulere means there is reward for patience.
That’s the area Gbaja represents where the National Stadium is located in Lagos.

Alagbado means the corn owner.
That’s where one herdsmedia, AIT has its headquarters.

Olorunsogo means God has done us glory. It’s a popular location between Oshodi and Mushin.

Alausa means the owner of walnuts. It is the seat of Lagos state government.

Isale Eko means Lagos Isand.

Abekoko means under Cocoa trees.

Odi Olowo means the boundary of the rich.

Mushin Oloosa means the gods’ area of Mushin.

Olowogbowo means the owner of the money has collected his money.

Shomolu means wizardry took an important personality.

Egbeda means a thing contributed by a group.

Akowonjo means one who brings everyone together.

Alapere means one who owns baskets
Fadeyi means the oracle turned to this.
Onipanu means the owner of roofing sheets.
Eti-Osa means the bank of the lagoon.
The list goes on.
How then is Lagos not a Yoruba land?

Copied
But but...but we once or two times saw you say you are from north central,Hausa,so what's your business here? Kini tie bi bayi? Which Kain attachee by force be this nah,walai gaskia
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by duro4chang(m): 6:25am On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

But but...but we once or two times saw you say you are from north central,Hausa,so what's your business here? Kini tie bi bayi? Which Kain attachee by force be this nah,walai gaskia
I am not from Lagos State I have my state. I can't call Lagos no man's land. I cannot see the truth and by lying. From time to time I will remind you to go home because Lagos is not your land. We know those who are migrating out of their land in thousands everyday taking night buses to Lagos. They get to Lagos and begin to constitute nuisance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by AfonjaConehead: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2023
duro4chang:
I am not from Lagos State I have my state. I can't call Lagos no man's land. I cannot see the truth and by lying. From time to time I will remind you to go home because Lagos is not your land. We know those who are migrating out of their land in thousands everyday taking night buses to Lagos. They get to Lagos and begin to constitute nuisance.
Chai!!! No shame at all.

A Mallam,I mean,a Mallam whose people flock not only into Lagos state overnight but the entire southern states hiding in big long cow and goats ladened lorries is talking!!!?
See person whose northern fulanis are in the southern bushes and forests attacking villagers with AK47 opening his mouth on southern matters!!!

Wonders shall never end.

The truth is,we southerners are begging you to leave,go away..
May the soul of Gideon Orla rest in peace otherwise kilo kon awa ni southern pelu awon big4nothing retro unproductive regionand people... The thing is,thunda faya the lord Lugard and his 1914 that forced us south with you people....da'alla,park yaself for one corner.

Fyi,I am from Edo state,a Niger Deltan and though we Benin's gat strong stake in Eko/Lagos,we ain't as freaky as you and others who can't survive without Lagos,nay, the south
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by Maazieze(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2023
Nobody seriously calls it a no mans land
Also Rename lagos to eko if your serious, ill never understand why nigerian are alright with foreign names for the towns and cities
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by BentizilL: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

Chai!!! No shame at all.

A Mallam,I mean,a Mallam whose people flock not only into Lagos state overnight but the entire southern states hiding in big long cow and goats ladened lorries is talking!!!?
See person whose northern fulanis are in the southern bushes and forests attacking villagers with AK47 opening his mouth on southern matters!!!

Wonders shall never end.

The truth is,we southerners are begging you to leave,go away..
May the soul of Gideon Orla rest in peace otherwise kilo kon awa ni southern pelu awon big4nothing retro unproductive regionand people... The thing is,thunda faya the lord Lugard and his 1914 that forced us south with you people....da'alla,park yaself for one corner.

Fyi,I am from Edo state,a Niger Deltan and though we Benin's gat strong stake in Eko/Lagos,we ain't as freaky as you and others who can't survive without Lagos,nay, the south
Because we Bini once control Lagos Island doesn't make it our land, Lagos is Yorubaland...

Edo was part of old western region, Igbo should go back to their land...

You cannot hate the People that accomodate, host you and expect them to laugh and smile with you... 💯
Re: Stop Calling Lagos No Man's Land by AfonjaConehead: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
BentizilL:

Because we Bini once control Lagos Island doesn't make it our land, Lagos is Yorubaland...

Edo was part of old western region, Igbo should go back to their land...

You cannot hate the People that accomodate, host you and expect them to laugh and smile with you... 💯
Who is this one again?
Wetin be dis one problem grin

(1) (Reply)

Create Your Own Fashion Sense / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army Recruitments 71rri Let's Meet Here To Prepare / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army Recruitments 71rri Let's Meet Here To Prepare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.