Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja (16888 Views)

Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically / 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers / FREE CV Template: Create A Professional CV In 15 Minutes Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by dmgr(m): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
I currently reside in Abuja too, and i can categorically tell you that getting a job no be child's play.
I finished service last month, and so far, I have sent out countless CVS online and till this moment as I am typing this, I'm still yet to get a positive response. But I don't plan on giving up soon sha, because I believe my coming to FCT to serve is for a reason.

So OP do not relent, there re platforms that frequently post job updates, find one and join, and keeping applying, you just never can tell.

By the way I studied Physics, and I also possess professional certifications in PMP, HSE Level 1-3, HRM etc..

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by socialmediaman: 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
PerfectMan24:

U don't have good understanding. Someone is not doing anything. He has been searching but have not gotten. U are here forcing the person to say that he is doing something.
How can reading a book will change his statement?
Many are mad but few are roaming!

Goodluck!
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by SpatialKing(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
MrRabbi:
Go to Federal Civil Service Commission

He might be lucky if his CV isn't burnt
It would be useful at the hands of his street suya seller.
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by socialmediaman: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
PerfectMan24:

U don't have good understanding. Someone is not doing anything. He has been searching but have not gotten. U are here forcing the person to say that he is doing something.
How can reading a book will change his statement?
Many are mad but few are roaming!

In a quadrillion dollar economy like this, na him pesin will wake up and say "I'm not doing anything", and someone tells him exactly what to do, exactly where the information to the solution of his problem is, but the person not doing anything is too busy to do what he was told to do, even calling the person names for advising him on what to do. Isn't that the real definition of madness?

Goodluck!
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Ynix(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
dan41:
Economic education
That means your best option for job seeking is Teaching.
But if I am to advise go and join real estate broking firm or freelance by yourself
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2023
This one don work as adhoc staff for inec before.Use and dump.
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Lemmy123(m): 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2023
socialmediaman:

In a quadrillion dollar economy like this, na him pesin will wake up and say "I'm not doing anything", and someone tells him exactly what to do, exactly where the information to the solution of his problem is, but the person not doing anything is too busy to do what he was told to do. Isn't that the real definition of madness?

Goodluck!

Well, I think I understand you with the Think and Grow Rich book thing you're trying to make him see, and before you come at me, I've read that book over and over again in 2020 during the full swing of Corona. But here's the thing.

Dude has no experience, like practically no experience. What is he going to fill the "Experience" section of his CV with? Fine, the book holds some vital eye opener and all but that is not his focus. He'll end up being disappointed.

First, I don't think it's the best time to recommend a book is when someone is clearly in distress. Secondly, the book has lots of other things that may not be useful to him regarding his quest for a job and work experience.

You mentioned that at least he's not sleeping from morning till night, and that whatever activity he's been into before such completing a house project or helping someone boost their business bla bla bla he could mention that experience. But no, you're wrong.

Employers don't expect you to just fill up work experience with random things such as building your first toy car that uses a Tiger battery or how you devised a means of collecting train water into your home using an underground pipe. Naaahh.

They expect you to mention work experience RELEVANT to the position you are applying for. It could be a volunteer job, or internship, or graduate trainee, or freelance. Just anything that relates to that position, then they might just consider you. And yes, you'll have an upper hand against your fellow job seekers.

In conclusion, what I expected you to ask him first is what is his field of study? What job position is he interested in? Then you give a reasonable suggestion, and not shoving Think and Grow Rich down his oesophagus saying your people perish for lack of knowledge. No. If anyone perish for lack of knowledge, then it is you...

3 Likes

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by teekay213(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
hspda:

It's dame possible not to have work experience, especially one that is similar to your course of study.

Take for instance, I'm a graduate of biochemistry, had my masters and just finished my PhD. Throughout this period, I have been involved in one business and another. For now I'm basically doing domaining and crypto. So if I wanna apply for a lecturing position, can I put all these business as experiences?
bro pls can you teach me crypto?
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by phemmyfour: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
dan41:
Searching for work this days without work experience is tiring. Submitting cv online as not being favorable.
Please, sir/ma where help a brother
All federal parastatals
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by constance500: 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2023
dan41:
Searching for work this days without work experience is tiring. Submitting cv online as not being favorable.

Try jiji platform.. Job section
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by femicyrus(m): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
socialmediaman:

Why don't you have work experience? What have you been doing before and since you graduated? All those things are life experiences and skills that can be useful for the workplace. Many people have these, still their CVs are empty which is a turn-off for employers.

Read this book from beginning to end "Think and Grow Rich". The solution to what you're looking for is there.

Never you sit or stay all day whiling away time without using whatever resources around you to improve your knowledge and experience.

"Lack of knowledge de make my people perish"
Shut up
I know people like you
Who got job they do not merit because they know somebody
You now have mouth to talk anyhow about those who do not have such privilege

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by SHIVA001: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
socialmediaman:

Have you read the Book "Think and Grow Rich"? If you read that book, you won't be here saying these things. "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish!" is a quote on my profile".

"My people continue to perish for lack of knowledge"
Oga Rest, you wey don Rich the Think and Grow Rich, you don Grow Rich, go sit down joor.
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by randy01(m): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2023
Investorozay:

build?

Sorry,It was a mistake.
How do I connect with all this broker or exchange that pay for referral as you mentioned
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by nonix22(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
Then wait till our Lord's 2nd coming.
4tomandchi:
Federal Civil Service Commission
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Oyerinde16(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
When an unemployed person thinks of spending 1-2-3k on transportation to submit CVs, he de think twice cos it's a gamble... You fit get all this 25-35-45k work that will eat all you earnings before month ends... But on the day God picks your call... You fit just get job of 450-600k... Just pray before you embark on your daily job hunting...

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Oyerinde16(m): 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2023
dmgr:
I currently reside in Abuja too, and i can categorically tell you that getting a job no be child's play.
I finished service last month, and so far, I have sent out countless CVS online and till this moment as I am typing this, I'm still yet to get a positive response. But I don't plan on giving up soon sha, because I believe my coming to FCT to serve is for a reason.

So OP do not relent, there re platforms that frequently post job updates, find one and join, and keeping applying, you just never can tell.

By the way I studied Physics, and I also possess professional certifications in PMP, HSE Level 1-3, HRM etc..

I have some jobs, part marketing but salary isn't based on commission... Starting pay is btw 45-60k if you have accommodation and can start with it, just send me a Dm...
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Oyerinde16(m): 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
dan41:

I got some jobs, part marketting, salary not based on commission... Starting pay is btw 45-60k... If you have accommodation in Abuja and can manage to start dm
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by hspda: 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2023
socialmediaman:

Yes you can. You're asking these questions because you haven't read that book I recommended "Think and Grow Rich". Please find the book and read it, then come back and quote me and tell me that you didn't realize how you could make up for the lack of experience in all the years of study". I can't spend all the time typing the solutions here, they're in the book.

If you want to succeed, read books of successful people, if you don't have a successful mentor who can guide you

Alright, I will get it and read. Thank you
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by socialmediaman: 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
Lemmy123:

Well, I think I understand you with the Think and Grow Rich book thing you're trying to make him see, and before you come at me, I've read that book over and over again in 2020 during the full swing of Corona. But here's the thing.

Dude has no experience, like practically no experience. What is he going to fill the "Experience" section of his CV with? Fine, the book holds some vital eye opener and all but that is not his focus. He'll end up being disappointed.

First, I don't think it's the best time to recommend a book is when someone is clearly in distress. Secondly, the book has lots of other things that may not be useful to him regarding his quest for a job and work experience.

You mentioned that at least he's not sleeping from morning till night, and that whatever activity he's been into before such completing a house project or helping someone boost their business bla bla bla he could mention that experience. But no, you're wrong.

Employers don't expect you to just fill up work experience with random things such as building your first toy car that uses a Tiger battery or how you devised a means of collecting train water into your home using an underground pipe. Naaahh.

They expect you to mention work experience RELEVANT to the position you are applying for. It could be a volunteer job, or internship, or graduate trainee, or freelance. Just anything that relates to that position, then they might just consider you. And yes, you'll have an upper hand against your fellow job seekers.

In conclusion, what I expected you to ask him first is what is his field of study? What job position is he interested in? Then you give a reasonable suggestion, and not shoving Think and Grow Rich down his oesophagus saying your people perish for lack of knowledge. No. If anyone perish for lack of knowledge, then it is you...

I'll write a reply paragraph by paragraph starting from your last paragraph

As an employer myself, and with the level of experience I have, with all authority, his field of study doesn't matter. The advice will work for every field of study even if he studied moon science but can't go to the moon to get practical experience.

Nobody has time to guide you from A to Z in your quest for help. Expecting such is a lot of entitlement which in itself is potentially evil. At this stage of his life, he doesn't need an A to Z response, he needs pointers.

I was at this point in my life many many years ago. I wish someone had recommended books to me. I was applying to jobs endlessly but no response, till someone actually got back to me. He told me "I had to get back to you because I know that employers will hardly get in touch with you with this empty resume, write about what else you have achieved with your time in school and in life, the employer wants to know that, you're not the only one applying and the people who are hired usually distinguish themselves with those".

That was the most valuable job seeking advice I ever received at that very point in my life. I thanked him so much that I felt like a winner. I was so grateful that he gave me that feedback which itself was disappointing but that was the beginning of a new path for me. I did a lot of google and research from that point on and found the "diamonds" of information that helped me package my "industry-less" experience into something useful to the employer looking at my resume.

If he's a computer scientist for example. He doesn't have to start as a software engineer without experience, he can start as a salesperson in a software service company. If you've read the "Think and Grow Rich" book as you stated, you would have noted in the chapter on Specialized Knowledge (the chapter is different depending on the version of the book you read) that life experience is not a waste. If you can't write software yet, at least you can help to sell one and then learn to code from people in the organization.

Why stay idle doing nothing? Go help some people do work for free, you'll meet your potential helpers, and you'll have some work experience and references for your resume.

So No. I am not ignorant, but you're entitled to your opinion. What he needs is in that book like I said, and he needs to make some extra effort to explore that path. He doesn't have a job so he probably has the time.

How can someone who is doing nothing succeed or go far with this kind of mindset? Do you have a job yourself that a relative didn't just hand down to you? Since you read the book many times, what did it teach you about failing while trying to succeed?

Many of my friends who are senior managers and directors in oil companies and large banks today gate-crashed aptitude tests for the companies they work for today. That's what it takes to get a job in Nigeria but it works anywhere in the world if you've read autobiographies and books about successful people in advanced countries. I won't recommend any more since you don't find the first one useful.

My previous example holds. If you have a computer science degree with no programming experience, but have helped someone make sales before, apply as a salesperson with some experience, and a computer science degree background, rather than apply as a programmer with no experience. When you get into the company, you can then try to acquire coding experience and transition your career
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Emeka71(m): 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Job simply means (just over[sup][/sup] broke).
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Emeka71(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
Investorozay:
Find a forex or crypto broker with good parternship programs
Learn how to trade, train and refer people to these firms and get paid USD. When your students trade daily .

It's better than job searching
If you have the network to train. You can contact will teach u how to build your profile
Show me the way.
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by socialmediaman: 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
hspda:

It's dame possible not to have work experience, especially one that is similar to your course of study.

Take for instance, I'm a graduate of biochemistry, had my masters and just finished my PhD. Throughout this period, I have been involved in one business and another. For now I'm basically doing domaining and crypto. So if I wanna apply for a lecturing position, can I put all these business as experiences?

Bros you do crypto and "domaining" which means you can use ChatGPT and also manage a website or portfolio? Ask ChatGPT how you can market the services of a biolab within the local community, and write a proposal to a place you want to work, telling them how much experience you have acquired by managing your portfolios in the crypto industry, how you have managed or sold xyz domains and optimized abcde websites, how you have studied their xyz competitor and how they're making sales of abc revenue, and how you can help them succeed and make efg sales using jklm technique.

Do some research. The original book was written in the 1930s but it's still very relevant today. You can read the 21st century edition. I read both.

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by socialmediaman: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
SHIVA001:

Oga Rest, you wey don Rich the Think and Grow Rich, you don Grow Rich, go sit down joor.

De play you hear?
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by socialmediaman: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
femicyrus:

Shut up
I know people like you
Who got job they do not merit because they know somebody
You now have mouth to talk anyhow about those who do not have such privilege

Una too like to play for this platform. See as you de run mouth waaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Lovelydaisies: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
Idoko619:

This once no the pass chef, cleaner, driver, sales girls wey salary no pass 35k

35k no pass wetin non-public school teachers dey receive? It is above the minimum wage sef, plus one or two other side attractions like experience and benefits.
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Kubin: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2023
Find job for him na what are u waiting for?

Why do you like to lie online?? So all good jobs in Abuja has been apportioned amongst them?? Haaabaaaa! I came to Abuja without connect and I am doing fine today. [/quote]
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
We shall guarantee you a 600 years of trekking
Insha Allah
By the special grace of gawd
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Olumeme: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2023
Rayban25:

Oga no be everything and everyone technology dey favour ....there are some people that even though you're qualified will not respond to your emails or messages or some might even be scam companies that kidnap people when they tell them to come to certain locations....doing it physically sometimes has a better chance because they get the opportunity to study you in person and may even employ you immediately if they like you at first sight

Bros no be by favour. Nobody does recruitment by physically submitting cv, even cleaners and janitors na email submission now because i worked at a time in a facility management company where i hired cleaners and janitors.

Also, How can somebody study you when you go to submit unsolicited CV?

Well, best of luck to you.
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by hspda: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
socialmediaman:

Bros you do crypto and "domaining" which means you can use ChatGPT and also manage a website or portfolio? Ask ChatGPT how you can market the services of a biolab within the local community, and write a proposal to a place you want to work, telling them how much experience you have acquired by managing your portfolios in the crypto industry, how you have managed or sold xyz domains and optimized abcde websites, how you have studied their xyz competitor and how they're making sales of abc revenue, and how you can help them succeed and make efg sales using jklm technique.

Do some research. The original book was written in the 1930s but it's still very relevant today. You can read the 21st century edition. I read both.

Very insightful. Thank you
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by Idoko619(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
Lovelydaisies:

35k no pass wetin non-public school teachers dey receive? It is above the minimum wage sef, plus one or two other side attractions like experience and benefits.

My God heal the land, my advice to youths, get digital skills so that even if it's virtual assistant help you can offer online and get paid in $, you should do it.

The Pakistanis and Indian youth have knowns this ever since.

1 Like

Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by StepTwo: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2023
Idoko619:

This once no the pass chef, cleaner, driver, sales girls wey salary no pass 35k

Oya, give her government Job na
Re: Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja by VictorGeneral4(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
Investorozay:
Find a forex or crypto broker with good parternship programs
Learn how to trade, train and refer people to these firms and get paid USD. When your students trade daily .

It's better than job searching
If you have the network to train. You can contact will teach u how to build your profile
brother am interested pls can u recommend someone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / NHIS Interview / Please Help Two Months After Employment Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.