Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? (1774 Views)

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / Is God Everywhere? (omnipresent) / Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Jokanem(m): 2:19am On Mar 18, 2023
Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent?

God is able to see everything and to act anywhere he chooses. (Proverbs 15:3; Hebrews 4:13)

However, the Bible does not teach that God is omnipresent​—that is, present everywhere, in all things. Instead, it shows that he is a person and that he resides in a dwelling place.

God’s form:

God is a spirit person. (John 4:​24)
He is invisible to humans. (John 1:​18)

Visions of God recorded in the Bible consistently portray him as having a distinct location.

He is never depicted as existing everywhere.​—Isaiah 6:​1, 2; Revelation 4:​2, 3, 8.

God’s dwelling place:

God resides in the spirit realm, which is distinct from physical creation.

Within that realm, God has a “dwelling place in the heavens.” (1 Kings 8:​30)

The Bible mentions an occasion when spirit creatures “entered to take their station before Jehovah,” a showing that in a sense, God resides at a specific location.​—Job 1:6.

If God is not omnipresent, can he really care for me personally?

Yes. God cares deeply about individuals.

Although he lives in the spirit realm, God notices those on earth who truly want to please him, and he acts in their behalf. (1 Kings 8:​39; 2 Chronicles 16:9)

Consider how Jehovah demonstrates his concern for sincere worshippers:

When you pray:

Jehovah can hear your prayer the moment you say it.​—2 Chronicles 18:31.

When you are depressed:

“Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted; he saves those who are crushed in spirit.”​—Psalm 34:18.

When you need direction:

Jehovah “will give you insight and instruct you” by means of his Word, the Bible.​—Psalm 32:8.

Misconceptions about omnipresence

1) Misconception: God is present everywhere in creation.

Fact:
God dwells neither on the earth nor elsewhere in the physical universe. (1 Kings 8:​27)

It is true that the stars and other creative works “are declaring the glory of God.” (Psalm 19:1)

However, God does not inhabit his creation any more than an artist lives in his painting.

Still, a painting can tell us something about the artist who made it.

Similarly, the visible world tells us about the Creator’s “invisible qualities,” such as his power, wisdom, and love.​—Romans 1:​20.

2) Misconception: God must be omnipresent in order to know all things and be all-powerful.

Fact:
God’s holy spirit, or active force, is God’s power in action. Through his holy spirit, God can perceive and do anything, anywhere, at any time, without being present in person.​—Psalm 139:7.

3) Misconception: Psalm 139:8 teaches that God is omnipresent by saying: “If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there, and if I were to make my bed in the Grave, look! you would be there.”

Fact:
This scripture is not talking about God’s location. It poetically teaches that no place is too remote for God to act in our behalf.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by FreeIgboho: 2:38am On Mar 18, 2023
But God lives in his kingdom, and Lord Jesus said the kingdom of God is within you
Luke 17:20–21

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Ireportlive: 2:49am On Mar 18, 2023
As you have negative and positive charge and polarity.. proton and electron

God and Devil are spiritual polarity like good and bad and they exist everywhere there is atom

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Enskynelson(m): 3:51am On Mar 18, 2023
You still have more explanations to do because if God sees everything, it's therefore technically erroneous to say He is not everywhere. Proverbs 25:3 says: The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good.

Your struggle became more obvious the moment you tried to separate the presence of God from the Spirit of God. Psalm 137:7-10.

If indeed God is not omnipresent, that means he dwells somewhere. This in contrary to the scriptures in Jeremiah 23:23-24 , Job 34:21 etc. Where does God dwell if indeed He is not omnipresent?

3 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2023
Enskynelson:

You still have more explanations to do because if God sees everything, it's therefore technically erroneous to say He is not everywhere. Proverbs 25:3 says: The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good. Your struggle became more obvious the moment you tried to separate the presence of God from the Spirit of God. Psalm 137:7-10. If indeed God is not omnipresent, that means he dwells somewhere. This in contrary to the scriptures in Jeremiah 23:23-24 , Job 34:21 etc. Where does God dwell if indeed He is not omnipresent?

God dwells in heaven of course He could see everything if He chooses to but presently He's not everywhere and He doesn't wish to see everything for a reason! smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 10:58am On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

God dwells in heaven of course He could see everything if He chooses to but presently He's not everywhere and He doesn't wish to see everything for a reason! smiley

JWs are His eyes on earth!grin

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 11:21am On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Humble yourself and learn, bow before JWs we will TEACH you!

His eyes are some angels He empowered with sight to see everything that's happened on the surface of the earth {Ezekiel 10:12} that's what the Bible called "God's eyes" roving throughout the earth {2Chronicles 16:9} they're the ones penning down the names of JWs and those with whom we're studying God's word! Malachi 3:16

So JWs aren't His eyes but it's this angels that are directing us to those that need the message of hope! Revelations 14:6-7

You can continue running nobody will force salvation on you each person has to decide for himself or herself! Galatians 6:5 wink
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 11:36am On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Humble yourself and learn, bow before JWs we will TEACH you!

His eyes are some angels He empowered with sight to see everything that's happened on the surface of the earth {Ezekiel 10:12
} that's what the Bible called "God's eyes
" roving throughout the earth {2Chronicles 16:9} they're the ones penning down the names of JWs and those with whom we're studying God's word! Malachi 3:16

So JWs aren't His eyes but it's this angels that are directing us to those that need the message of hope! Revelations 14:6-7

You can continue running nobody will force salvation on you each person has to decide for himself or herself! Galatians 6:5 wink

Hmmmm
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by sonmvayina(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2023
Ireportlive:
As you have negative and positive charge and polarity.. proton and electron

God and Devil are spiritual polarity like good and bad and they exist everywhere there is atom

But both proton and electron belong to the same Atom...

In this case, God would be the Atom...

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by sonmvayina(m): 11:41am On Mar 18, 2023
God is the universal consciousnesses....

God is the universe itself.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Hmmmm

I hate preaching or chatting with anyone who doesn't want to hear our message but you keep quoting and mentioning me as if there's something you want from me.

Well only JWs have the truth whether you like it or not that's never going to change! smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 11:53am On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

I hate preaching or chatting with anyone who doesn't want to hear our message but you keep quoting and mentioning me as if there's something you want from me.

Well only JWs have the truth whether you like it or not that's never going to change! smiley

Personal truth, community truth.grin

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by sonmvayina(m): 11:56am On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Deluded truth..

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Anyhow you want to put it at least now i've taught you to know those serving as God's eyes throughout the earth so if you choose not to know why God isn't interested in seeing things for Himself the one i taught you today will stick there in your head after all you can never ever get such information elsewhere even your Papa doesn't know about it.

So continue running! smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
sonmvayina:

Deluded truth..

Millions are deluded yet they're fulfilling God's purpose (perfectly) as prophesied in the Bible! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Meanwhile Isaiah has this to say about you:

"Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter" Isaiah 5:20

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
sonmvayina:

Deluded truth..
Truth in delusion. Thanks brother, I will add it to my Dictionary.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Truth in delusion. Thanks brother, I will add it to my Dictionary.

"Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter" Isaiah 5:20
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Jackanda1(m): 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

grin
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Jackanda1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Anyhow you want to put it at least now i've taught you to know those serving as God's eyes throughout the earth so if you choose not to know why God isn't interested in seeing things for Himself the one i taught you today will stick there in your head after all you can never ever get such information elsewhere even your Papa doesn't know about it.

So continue running! smiley
Trying to explain God been omnipresent from a physical standpoint is laughable. You're trying to explain what you don't understand.

The spirit realm is different from the physical and has supernatural possibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jackanda1:
Trying to explain God been omnipresent from a physical standpoint is laughable. You're trying to explain what you don't understand.
The spirit realm is different from the physical and has supernatural possibilities.

Why not ask a thought provoking question to find out what you don't understand?

Well God is not omnipresent either from the physical or any point of view you think! smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Jackanda1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Why not ask a thought provoking question to find out what you don't understand?

Well God is not omnipresent either from the physical or any point of view you think! smiley
The following scriptures indicates that God is omnipresent. Jeremiah 23:24, psalm139:7-10, Proverb15:3, Heb4:13, Job34:21 etc

If the Bible implies that God is everywhere, why should i doubt the bible and believe you?

3 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Enskynelson(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

By dwelling in heaven, u mean His physical body? 😀😀😀
God is everywhere...

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
The Op serves a different god. Not God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by oteneaaron(m): 1:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
The god of Jehovah's Witnesses is neither omnipresent, omniscient nor even omnipotent.

The god of Jehovah's Witnesses is the same deity as the ancient Sumerian god of war and destruction known as ENLIL.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jackanda1:
The following scriptures indicates that God is omnipresent. Jeremiah 23:24, psalm139:7-10, Proverb15:3, Heb4:13, Job34:21 etc
If the Bible implies that God is everywhere, why should i doubt the bible and believe you?

Just ask to know otherwise you will start seeing God's word as contradicting!

If you want to know the meaning of the verses you're citing just quote them and calmly listen to get the import.

God said:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21

Please explain what God meant by those words highlighted in red! smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
Enskynelson:

By dwelling in heaven, u mean His physical body? 😀😀😀
God is everywhere...
If God is everywhere please explain this:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21 smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dangig:
The Op serves a different god. Not God Almighty.

Prove it! smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Epe! Epe!! Epe!!!
Af' ida pani kìí jẹ a fi gbẹyin oun
You are quick to point out the wrong of others not of your GBpreneurs.grin
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Prove it! smiley

The Bible has already described God perfectly well which contradicts what the poster presented here. I follow the Bible. Therefore, the poster is talking about a different god.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
oteneaaron:
The god of Jehovah's Witnesses is neither omnipresent, omniscient nor even omnipotent.

The god of Jehovah's Witnesses is the same deity as the ancient Sumerian god of war and destruction known as ENLIL.

Yes. I suspect this is the god the poster is talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Prove it! smiley
His God is one - in - one.
My own is three -in - one.
He thinks for his God.
My own does as He wishes, needs no counselors.
His God does not perform miracles.
Miracles are natural acts of my God that people call supernatural.
His God sends his spirit that gives messages editable in the future.
My God and His attributes are same as eternal.

With these I have been able to prove beyond all reasonable and unreasonable doubts that my God and MaximumSide's God are not one and the same.grin
Q.E.D.

Cc: Dangig

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Epe! Epe!! Epe!!!
Af' ida pani kìí jẹ a fi gbẹyin oun
You are quick to point out the wrong of others not of your GBpreneurs.grin

Are you among those preferring evil instead of good?
Well to whatever is found in the Bible or what Isaiah said in that verse {Isaiah 5:20} i Maximus say:

Amen in Jesus name! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Want To Know Who God Is? / Serious Evil Spirits: TB Joshua in Singapore / As An Atheist Or A Freethinker.....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.