Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? (14631 Views)

Kogi Governorship Election: Who Do You Think Will Win On Saturday? / 2023 Election: Who Will Be The Running Mate To Atiku Abubakar? / Governorship Election: Who Is Osun State Next Governor? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by ConfidentialDoc: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2023
ebenholer2:
SANWO OLU OF APC because RODES VIVOUR OF APC HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO SELL HIMSELF TO LAGOSIANS. BUT HIS PRESENCE IS ACTUALLY HEATING UP THE PROCESS. WE HOPEFULLY BELIEVE THE FUTURE IS FOR LABOUR PARTY IF THESE FOLKS FAILS FURTHER.I WILL HOWEVER NOT HESITATE TO VOTE LP FOR LAGOS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY COS THE FOLK REPRESENTING US AS APC CANDIDATE HERE HAS BECOME UNREPENTANTLY USELESS

You make a good point

But today it's Sanwo olu

LP supporters are the reason why the party is the way it's. Very maladjusted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by house10studios: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2023
dapsoneh:
your father, mother, your entire generation as the lord liveth will never , I repeat never amount to any thing good in life. Your generation will fade away like a storm nd will never leave a trace.. Amen.. Oloriburuku, thats what u guys are known for. Vote ur candidate, lemme vote mine. U can't force urs down my throat werey
the thing touch u shey, good, next time ur father says son i want to run for governor, show him how much an illiterate u are by telling him to go n do local government chairman, mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by akezn: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2023
It is his choice to make, not yours.

dapsoneh:
yes na, let him go and contest.. I'm qualified too and I can contest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by dapsoneh: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2023
house10studios:
the thing touch u shey, good, next time ur father says son i want to run for governor, show him how much an illiterate u are by telling him to go n do local government chairman, mumu.
dindinrin, go and sit down with ur wretched father... U can hug the transformer for all we care, Sanwo Olu is winning with a landslide
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by dapsoneh: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2023
Wordsfrombimpe:
Kiss and make up

I don't kiss dumb ass
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Komu1048(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2023
house10studios:

This is why you will never amount to anything good, una go travel out begin admire western politics, where tailor teacher go become senators but come back here, n rubbish go dey come out from una mouth

Don’t worry, lagosians have decided to thread Sanwo Olu path. West have voted people without experience e.g Adefarati in Ondo was a teacher and made governor in 1999 n nothing change.

U can decide to vote a kidnapper in Alambla because he is now in LP (from top to bottom) we won’t complain. But stop to dictate who lagosians or Southwest should vote for. At the end we want to see alambla LP top to bottom transform alambla to Dubai in the next 4yrs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Fujiyama: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2023
adioolayi:
Thank you for the correction....What level of expertise can you put a former Treasurer of Mobil in civil service
Your guess is as good as mine.

^^^
Not sure of the equivalence (experience wise) between a company treasurer and a senior civil servant. Apples and oranges?

But like I said, this isn't really about BAT. The discussion is more about his protege, Sanwo-olu and his performance (or lack thereof).

adioolayi:
The bane of argument is, Sanwoolu and Funsho Doherty have enough experience to govern Lagos..

GRV is not on that pedestal..

For this singular reason, Sanwoolu or Funsho Doherty should be voted.

^^^
Now we are getting there.

I am glad other candidates are getting into the discussion. The point I am trying to make is this: this election is a referendum on Sanwo-olu's performance. It is not a referendum on Doherty, Rhodes-Vivour etc. These two men (and the other challengers) are unknown quantities who have not yet had the opportunity to govern. Sanwo-olu on the other hand has had the opportunity to govern. The big question is: has he governed well?

adioolayi:
To avoid experimental Governor of GRV..it's better all votes of every sane Lagosian should go to Sanwoolu

^^^

cheesy

Well...at least one thing is clear. Based on what you just said, after this election we will get to know the real number of "mad" people in Lagos.
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by 9jii(m): 9:06am On Mar 18, 2023
TechCapon:
From top to bottom grin
You're failing
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Jakama90(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2023
dapsoneh:
Sanwo Olu all the way
Nobody will come and use our Lagos for experiment
Someone who has never managed a local govt all his life, wants to cash out on the tsunami of LP
Bode George wants to resurrect his dead political career through an inexperienced son of his friend who will soon fizzle out in the next one week

Sanwo Olu, continue the good work
No one can take Lagos back

Oluseyi omo Makinde , continue the good works
Can you allow others to vote their choice peacefully?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by itsmayiela(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2023
OMO-AGEGE ALL THE WAY!

OMO-AGEGE ALL THE WAY!

OMO-AGEGE ALL THE WAY!

OMO-AGEGE ALL THE WAY!

OMO-AGEGE ALL THE WAY!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by ebenholer2(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
It doesn't add up.

You are not satisfied with Sanwo-olu's performance...but you also conclude he has no viable opposition (not sure what that means).

You can't have it both ways. If Sanwo-olu didn't fix your problems in his first 4 years (when the prospect of a 2nd term should have been a real incentive to deliver) then how will he fix your problems in the 2nd term - when he is winding down and getting ready to disengage?

About Yahaya Bello...you have said it all. In your words, Kogi was given to him by the APC powers that be and Nigeria's flawed judicial system. He was not chosen by the people...and so his failure was inevitable. And perhaps most important...Bello is from that factory of defective products - the All Progressives Congress (APC). Need I say more?

All I'm saying is that a vote for Sanwo-olu is a vote for 4 more years of agbero united, traffic wahala and abandoned roads.

Your choice.
I WILL NEVER STOP EDUCATING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE THAT NIGERIA PROBLEM IS NOT ALL ABOUT PARTIES BUT PERSONALITIES THAT MAKE UP PARTIES. ALMOST ALL PARTIES HAVE BEAUTIFUL MANIFESTOS THAT IF MEANINGFULLY CARRIED OUT, THE NATION WILL NOT BUT EXPERIENCE EXTRAORDINARY TURN AROUND. BUT WHO WILL CARRY OUT SUCH MANIFESTOS WITH NO REALISTIC WILL. LAGOS IS WAITING FOR YOU AND ME TO ACTIVATE THE REAL CHANGE BUT WE WILL HAVE TO START BY MAKING OURSELVES KNOWN THROUGH GRASSROOT POLITICS. I DONT IN ANYWAY BELIEVE IN CANDIDACY OF RHODES VIVOUR COS HE HAS FAILED TO THROUGHLY SELL HIMSELF BEFORE NOW.
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by dapsoneh: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2023
Jakama90:

Can you allow others to vote their choice peacefully?
why not, go to your PU and vote peacfully
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by ebenholer2(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2023
adioolayi:

You can't build anything on nothing..

If you have never been a high level civil servant or a top notch technocrat..

You can't handle 6th largest economy in the world.

Lagos contributes 15% IGR to Nigeria's GDP..

It's not a state to Joke with...alot at stake, not only for Lagos herself, but for Nigeria as a whole.
YOU HAVE NAILED IT...BUT BIGOTS WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Clinton14(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Wordsfrombimpe:
Let’s discuss

Sanwo Olu lekan si!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by searchlight: 9:26am On Mar 18, 2023
dapsoneh:
Sanwo Olu all the way
Someone who has never managed a local govt all his life, wants to cash out on the tsunami of LP
Bode George wants to resurrect his dead political career through an inexperienced son of his friend who will soon fizzle out in the next one week

before Sanwo olu became governor where has he managed ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Olam09(m): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2023
Lucasinho:

You too like suffering

How is Lagos state government suffering you.. if i should find out about you now.. you might turn out to be a lazy dumbfuck immigrant who came to hawk vanilla ice-cream in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by manmade(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2023
Eluu P

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Fujiyama: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2023
ebenholer2:

I WILL NEVER STOP EDUCATING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE THAT NIGERIA PROBLEM IS NOT ALL ABOUT PARTIES BUT PERSONALITIES THAT MAKE UP PARTIES. ALMOST ALL PARTIES HAVE BEAUTIFUL MANIFESTOS THAT IF MEANINGFULLY CARRIED OUT, THE NATION WILL NOT BUT EXPERIENCE EXTRAORDINARY TURN AROUND. BUT WHO WILL CARRY OUT SUCH MANIFESTOS WITH NO REALISTIC WILL. LAGOS IS WAITING FOR YOU AND ME TO ACTIVATE THE REAL CHANGE BUT WE WILL HAVE TO START BY MAKING OURSELVES KNOWN THROUGH GRASSROOT POLITICS. I DONT IN ANYWAY BELIEVE IN CANDIDACY OF RHODES VIVOUR COS HE HAS FAILED TO THROUGHLY SELL HIMSELF BEFORE NOW.

^^^
But...why do your ballot papers show party logos and not the pictures and names of individuals?

When decision time comes and you are in that polling booth, you place your thumbprint in the space next to the logo of the political party of your choice. Not the name of your candidate - or his picture.

Yes you have a point - political parties are made up of people. But the whole point of a political party is that is (or should be) a collection of people who share the same political beliefs. The party is the platform. The party is the vehicle. Even if at the end of it, people make or mar its success.

But lets put all of the above aside. You state that you don't believe in the candidacy of one of Sanwo-olu's challengers because he didn't sell himself to you hard enough. But aren't there other candidates? undecided Is it Sanwo-olu or nobody else?

Only one thing matters now: Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago? If you are not better off then what are the realistic prospects of you being better off at the end of a Sanwo-olu 2nd term?

This is the question that needs an answer today, 18th March 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Obaaderemi2: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2023
Creamcrest:
grin

Voting in a Nigerian elections is complete waste of time.

Waste of energy.

Inec is the sole determinant of who will win.

I'd rather sit at home over a plate of nkwobi and fresh palmwine.
It's still better to vote. If some of us had not gone out to vote the other time, Obi or Atiku would have been declared president-elect. Go and vote.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by dapsoneh: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2023
searchlight:
before Sanwo olu became governor where has he managed ?
go and verify it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by MasterShifu010(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2023
Me like this , if I hear the word APC , the first thing that comes to my mind is destruction …
I don swear say I no ever use my hand thumbprint APC , even if it’s my brother on the ballot , I’ll rather stay at home on Election Day ..

So I’m voting Caleb mutfwang …PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Emola12(m): 9:40am On Mar 18, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
I don't know........

All I know is am no voting "THAT BLOODY BASTA.RD"even if all angels came to campaign for him.....
he knows his parents buh you don't knw your own father abi you didn't understand the meaning of BASTARD I think you school pass me nah bro
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by MasterShifu010(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Baba Jide sanwolu Lagos is the safest state in the country
Don’t let yourself be told the contrary

Ekiti is the safest state in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by mamatayour(f): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2023
I’m voting Sanwo-olu today. Voted LP for presidential.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Emola12(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2023
dapsoneh:
Sanwo Olu all the way

has SANWO manage LG before he became GOVERNOR of Lagos State U lack integrity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Adeyinka90: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2023
The ibos and lp are like 5 and 6..they don't even care about d Oda candidate..is gbadebo beta Dan SanwoOlu?..but dere hatred won't let dem see that and dats y dey would Neva rule dis nation....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Eriokanmi: 9:48am On Mar 18, 2023
G R V

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Tradman: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Nobody get monopoly of violence.
Elupe will lead with very high margain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Vyzz: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
If you are in Lagos plus other states prone to violence please stay safe ooo I care about you all and I love you all so much and would not want anything to happen to anyone of you. Stay safe please

Even me that supports Obi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by expressglory: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2023
Autobot05:

While I'm not interested in Lagos politics... what has sanwo olu done in the past 4 years ??

The COVID-19 Management, The innovative blue rail,go through Ikeja alone and compare with 4yrs ago, the seamless way of getting you when you break red light in traffic, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2023
Not voting cause im in a different state. I wish all voters safety. May their life not be maimed or cut short as they carry out their civic right. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Bimpe29: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2023
Noted with thanks. I would have voted for APC if I had travel for this election.
IyaebeTheGreat:
If you are in Lagos plus other states prone to violence please stay safe ooo I care about you all and I love you all so much and would not want anything to happen to anyone of you. Stay safe please

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Governors Begin Move To Reconcile Atiku With Wike, Makinde, Others / Governor Amaechi Awards Himself Lifetime Pension / Breaking News: Nigerian Military Surround Nnamdi Kanu's Compound Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.