Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? (14633 Views)

Kogi Governorship Election: Who Do You Think Will Win On Saturday? / 2023 Election: Who Will Be The Running Mate To Atiku Abubakar? / Governorship Election: Who Is Osun State Next Governor? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Olastep1(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2023
I am voting for Seyi Makinde (OYO PDP)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by 77up(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2023
Sanwoolu...guy deserves even third term 🙂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Autobot05: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2023
dapsoneh:
go and verify it

grin I get the joke now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by LagosEmir: 8:16am On Mar 18, 2023
essentialone:
Breaking News: INEC has removed Labour Party from Lagos State governorship election ballot paper. Please, circulate this widely. This nonsense must stop...
where is your evidence

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2023
ebenholer2:

NO I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HIS PERFORMANCE BUT HONESTLY HE HAS NO VIABLE OPPOSITIONS PRESENTLY. RODES VIVOUR SHOULD HAVE DONE US GOOD BY SELLING HIMSELF TO US BEFORE NOW THAN USING SAWANOLU WEEKNESSES TO CAMPAIGN. REMEMBER, PETER OBI SELL HIMSELF AND THIS MADE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN HIM. WE CANT TRACK ANY MEANINGFUL RECORD TO HIM IN THE HISTORY OF LAGOS STATE. SO GIVING A STATE LIKE LAGOS INTO HIS HANDS LIKE KOGI STATE WAS GIVEN TO YAYAH BELLOW AND EVENTUALLY USED THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENRICH HIMSELF IS NOT THE BEST HONESTLY

Well said sir.

If I were to vote, I won't vote the LP guy. His track records doesn't impress me for someone aiming for the highest post in the state.

I need someone who knows what governance is about and how the public sector operates.

If their guy enters, expect a repeat of Kogi 2.0 in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Femidfo: 8:17am On Mar 18, 2023
GRV ALL THE WAY!!!!!
LABOUR PARTY ALL THE WAY!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by shinealight(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
If you are in Lagos plus other states prone to violence please stay safe ooo I care about you all and I love you all so much and would not want anything to happen to anyone of you. Stay safe please

…..and make sure they don’t call anybody’s land ‘No Man’s Land’. It is the quickest way to get their head broken o! grin grin
Even the land of the Americas where all-comers are flourishing today was originally inhabited by the Red Indians who are recognised as such. No one would have the effrontery to call it no man’s land. We should therefore be wise! cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by sweetrace(f): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2023
NoIgboSoundTueh:
All hordes of ogres even the one in Aba will mention Gbalebo.
I hope they're ready to die for him

I hope you’re ready to be a murderer! Who are the ogres? We need to be civil!!!!
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by WithFact: 8:17am On Mar 18, 2023
grin grin grin

PETER OBI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Fujiyama: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2023
ebenholer2:

NO I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HIS PERFORMANCE BUT HONESTLY HE HAS NO VIABLE OPPOSITIONS PRESENTLY. RODES VIVOUR SHOULD HAVE DONE U.S. GOOD BY SELLING HIMSELF TO U.S. BEFORE NOW. WE CANT TRACK ANY MEANINGFUL RECORD TO HIM IN THE HISTORY OF LAGOS STATE. SO GIVING A STATE LIKE LAGOS INTO HIS HANDS LIKE KOGI STATE WAS GIVEN TO YAYAH BELLOW AND EVENTUALLY USED THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENRICH HIMSELF IS NOT THE BEST HONESTLY

^^^
It doesn't add up.

You are not satisfied with Sanwo-olu's performance...but you also conclude he has no viable opposition (not sure what that means).

You can't have it both ways. If Sanwo-olu didn't fix your problems in his first 4 years (when the prospect of a 2nd term should have been a real incentive to deliver) then how will he fix your problems in the 2nd term - when he is winding down and getting ready to disengage?

About Yahaya Bello...you have said it all. In your words, Kogi was given to him. You are right - Kogi was given to him by the APC powers that be and Nigeria's flawed judicial system. He was not chosen by the people...and so his failure was inevitable. And perhaps most important...Bello is from that factory of defective products - the All Progressives Congress (APC). Need I say more?

All I'm saying is that a vote for Sanwo-olu is a vote for 4 more years of agbero united, traffic wahala and abandoned roads.

Your choice.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
His Excellency Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege honourable Deputy Senate President (DSP) of the Federal republic of Nigeria, Slayer of Saraki, Slayer of Legislative Tyranny, incoming Governor of Delta State. I love him, when Saraki Led Senate decided to suspend Urhobo senator from the Senate for over 6 months we decided to cease the Mace that let no other Senate sit in the house if our senator can't. Una dey mad, Agege na Governor 2023.
. I swear bro.......Ovie Omo Agege is the next governor of Delta state....Sure odd.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by BabaIjebuXL(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2023
Nayturalistic:

You that may not still live to see the imminent announcement of Sanwo Olu.

De play. Werey Ibo de say Inshal Allah..
Make u be Yoruba sef, you definitely are Atohunrinwa.. lagosians will decide for themselves. Curse anyone today and curse yourself.. woe unto you.

"Lagosians will decide for themselves" what have you contributed to the growth of this "your Lagos"? Una go sell una your birthright and properties finish, lavish the money come dey shout "atohunrinwa" 🤣🤣🤣. Talika lopoju ninu yin 😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Bluntemperor: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2023
The OP and His Obsessed Questions:
OP and the entire crew of Nairaland Forum,you are indirectly offending the very purpose of this election,by this your inability to know the difference between the Law and People 's liberty,as you have now usurp the umpire role of an electoral body, which falsely,you are Not an INEC but you have indirectly ursurp that Power by your uncontrollable appetite to do so through nonchalant in your Forum!
You must be responsible agent by not allowing your Forum to denigrate into abyss through irresponsible journalism as, freedom has a limit- for your Forum is negatively affecting the other Nigerian Freedom to choose their leaders without interference,which you have done here,through the OP, damning questions,which you ought to stop abnitio!
You ought to know better,for one man's meat is another's man's poison!
You should be guided by the Journalism and Social Media ethics of TRUTH, Fairness and Equity and do the correct thin, where needed!
Honestly,this question is unacceptable to Nigerians in a Voting Governorship Election Day like this and is an indirect interference in our Political Process and should have been be flagged down!
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Lasunjane: 8:19am On Mar 18, 2023
I'm voting for SANWO-OLU as Governor of Lagos state today

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by adioolayi(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2023
akezn:
Being a technocrat in a private enterprise does not confer political experience especially in a country like Nigeria. It is a different terrain entirely.

Nobody is born with political experience.

You can't build anything on nothing..

If you have never been a high level civil servant or a top notch technocrat..

You can't handle 6th largest economy in the world.

Lagos contributes 15% IGR to Nigeria's GDP..

It's not a state to Joke with...alot at stake, not only for Lagos herself, but for Nigeria as a whole.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by babyfaceafrica: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2023
Wetin concern you?
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by dapsoneh: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2023
Autobot05:

grin I get the joke now
yes grin go AMD verify it... Its all over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Cynergy: 8:20am On Mar 18, 2023
I am at my polling unit here in Anthony village. No INEC officials we are just here with some policemen. Make INEC no waste our time today. I am voting for JANDOR. He is rugged and immune from any Godfatherism. And importantly, I liked his views on agbero and how he will handle them.

8:40am - INEC officials just arrived.

9:55am - Finally casted my vote!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Nayturalistic: 8:21am On Mar 18, 2023
BabaIjebuXL:

"Lagosians will decide for themselves" what have you contributed to the growth of this "your Lagos"? Una go sell una your birthright and properties finish, lavish the money come dey shout "atohunrinwa" 🤣🤣🤣. Talika lopoju ninu yin 😂😂😂

What I have contributed? Dude, believe or not but I have contributed to Nigerian growth as a whole, much more than the very father whey born u. Take it or leave it. So yes let lagosians decide for themselves.

You bunch of hypocrites and bastards
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by dapsoneh: 8:21am On Mar 18, 2023
Efisimilala:

By normal way abi... RIGGING?

BTW, I've helped you currect rigged your bad spellings.
its gon be landslide, go and verify it
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by barkays001: 8:23am On Mar 18, 2023
It is my wish for them to succeed in today's election.
dapsoneh:
Sanwo Olu all the way
Nobody will come and use our Lagos for experiment
Someone who has never managed a local govt all his life, wants to cash out on the tsunami of LP
Bode George wants to resurrect his dead political career through an inexperienced son of his friend who will soon fizzle out in the next one week

Sanwo Olu, continue the good work
No one can take Lagos back

Oluseyi omo Makinde , continue the good works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by ebenholer2(m): 8:24am On Mar 18, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^

grin

Still bringing Tinubu into the mix? Why is it Tinubu supporters don't mention his so-called work experience at Deloitte these days? Could it be because Deloitte say he never worked with them?

Anyway, Tinubu isn't the topic here. You can vote for anyone you want. But the scaremongering about rejecting Sanwo-olu has to stop. If Sanwo-olu is voted out, the heavens will not fall. Life will go on!

Sanwo-olu is more of the same old, same old stuff. He doesn't have any new fresh solutions that actually work. A vote for sanwo-olu is a vote for the same old 'agbero' nonsense and the endless traffic that these same agberos profit from - every day.

A vote for sanwo-olu is a vote for really terrible roads. Thos living in Sangotedo, Awoyaya etc. can testify.

Sanwo-olu is not the answer.
AS A PATRIOT AND A YORUBA MAN I CANT RATE SAWANWOLU PERFORMANCE BEYOND 50% BUT HONESTLY WE HAVE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE TO REPLACE HIM PRESENTLY.WE HAVE DONE WELL BY HAVING A PARTY LIKE LABOUR PARTY TO HEAT UP THE SYSTEM AND AS IT STANDS WE HAVE A CHOICE FOR THE FUTURE AND HENCEFORTH OUR STORY WILL NOT REMAIN THE SAME. IT IS HIGH TIME TO HENCEFORTH KICK OUT IRRESPONSIBILITIES IN THE NATION

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 8:24am On Mar 18, 2023
Noted

David160:

LP - Enugu

Top to bottom
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Help is needed here Area Father and thugs are all in Pulling Stations of ward H Shomolu police men is now working with them they have planted themselves where they lost to chase people back that won't vote for APC this country and the way things are going I don't know who wants good or evil that just won't let you do your own eye service and band wagon, spider spirit and Bat possessed evil is over taken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Aaw

Pele

Cynergy:
I am at my polling unit here in Anthony village. No INEC official we are just here with some policemen. Make INEC no waste our time today. I am voting for JANDOR.
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2023
It is well

EmperorGeez:
Help is needed here Area Father and thugs are all in Pulling Stations of ward H Shomolu police men is now working with them they have planted themselves where they lost to chase people back that won't vote for APC this country and the way things are going I don't know who wants good or evil that just won't let you do your own eye service and band wagon, spider spirit and Bat possessed evil is over taken.
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2023
kindly follow me and I will follow back
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Fujiyama: 8:26am On Mar 18, 2023
Nayturalistic:

Shut up jor.. see this Emeka with ur talk. Wait, shey una de inherit all this trashy dustbin comments from una mentors in IBOland ni or how..so you no give give good reasons why Sanwo should not be back in office, werey you de mention NUTRW wahala.. traffic and bad roads.. the same two items that this same Sanwo has tackled very well so far.. abi na as traffic take de Lagos today na hin e take de for 4 years back?.. I’m wasting my time replying to u sef.. Whetin ur papa sabi. Na to de do follow follow till you sell ur birthright, culture and heritage ..

Mention one of una Yeastern Govs whey beat Sanwo for performance. Anuofia

^^^
smiley

It is easy to tell those who have lost an argument before it has even begun.

Nayturalistic:
I no just understand

cheesy

And you never will.

It is beyond you and always will be. wink

P.S. You have given me a new name and a new ethnicity. Hmm...
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by akezn: 8:26am On Mar 18, 2023
So the other candidates are not doing anything at the moment?

adioolayi:

You can't build anything on nothing..

If you have never been a high level civil servant or a top notch technocrat..

You can't handle 6th largest economy in the world.

Lagos contributes 15% IGR to Nigeria's GDP..

It's not a state to Joke with...alot at stake, not only for Lagos herself, but for Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by Dashword: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2023
https://citizenagent.app/

If you are interested in following the elections and contributing to the transparency of the process, then the #IElect platform was designed just for you. See live updates from elections across the country and upload results from your Polling unit.

Election monitoring has become relatively easy as you can use the #IElect app to upload results and check results of elections from across the country

#IElect puts the power in your hands. You can follow results of the coming guber and House of Assembly elections by checking out the app

Election monitoring has become relatively easy as you can use the #IElect app to upload results and check results of elections from across the country

#iELECT is an app developed by concerned Nigerians after the 2023 Nigerian Presidential and National Assembly election that was held on the 25th of February, 2023.

#iELECT is an app developed by concerned Nigerians after the 2023 Nigerian Presidential and National Assembly election that was held on the 25th of February, 2023.

This simply means live results from the polling units will be monitored and secured if BVAS or iREV defaults. #iELECT to the rescue

With #iELECT, all votes will count and Nigerians will be in charge of the electoral process rather than leaving it to some select few to alter as they, please.

https://citizenagent.app/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by akezn: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2023
Is he not qualified to?

dapsoneh:
OK, let Gbadebo go and contest for presidency then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? by highchief1: 8:29am On Mar 18, 2023
Wordsfrombimpe:
Let’s discuss
sherif of delta

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Africa Is Lazy About Diversification: Okonjo Iweala / Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) / Breaking News: Nigerian Military Surround Nnamdi Kanu's Compound Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.