Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas (2645 Views)

Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) / The Stupidity Of APC Yorubas Will Put Other Yorubas Across Nigeria At Risk / Osinbajo Receives Hostile Reception From South-West Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Mindlog: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Igbos learn the peculiar history of Lagos. cheesy

Otherwise you will be treated as foreigners for the next 400 years.

No be only peculiar history.....the question remains apart from Lagos, which other SW State has elected a Governor who is from another SW State?πŸ˜†πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by opamoses1: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2023
compton11:
if they were born and live their all their life,why not?

So your ass thought we Yoruba are like y'all niggas that don't allow an Igbo from another state to contest?
That's just horrible. I saw that posts of Bianca and that Ebonyi/Enugu saga. Thank God the Yorubas are not like that.

They fvckers even try to divide Yorubas by shouting Yoruba Muslim upandan Nairaland. They do not know Yoruba itself is our first religion grin

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by ProblemChild1: 9:36am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
Can lagos awori claim indigene in Ondo or osun?
No mind those mugus cheesy landgrappers grin grin dem no go go develop their villages cheesy
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2023
Mindlog:

No be only peculiar history.....the question remains apart from Lagos, which other SW State has elected a Governor who is from another SW State?πŸ˜†πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Make your research igbo boy.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2023
compton11:
y'all niggas should worry about your cursed Igbo land
Being rude is not an option here. Discuss intelligently buddy.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Mindlog: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Make your research igbo boy.

Deflection.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by raskymonojendor: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Lol

Must of you Igbos must leave out emotions and learn the true history of Lagos.

If you want to have some politicial influence in Lagos, you must be patient enough to learn the peculiar case of Lagos.
True owners and not descendants of slaves grin

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Nice2023(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2023
Olabukola11:
Lagos is a Yoruba heritage and as such owned by every Yoruba irrespective of your state. As far as you are from SW.

U are bloody liar.

It is owned by us the indigenes of Lagos not u guys from other states of yoruba land.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

True owners and not descendants of slaves grin
descendants of slaves are our brothers too.

But they should not think they are Yorubas or Lagosian more than other Yorubas in Lagos too.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2023
Nice2023:

U are bloody liar.

It is owned by us the indigenes of Lagos not u guys from other states of yoruba land.

Afi "us indigenes naa"

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2023
compton11:
if they were born and live their all their life,why not?

So your ass thought we Yoruba are like y'all niggas that don't allow an Igbo from another state to contest?
Google this name Ngozi Anyaehie
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by raskymonojendor: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2023
Iamgrey5:

But they should not think they are Yorubas or Lagosian more than other Yorubas in Lagos too.
No problem.

I just wonder what they mean by "real" Lagosians, when Omo ibos try to elevate settlers from Freetown over Freeborns/aborigines.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by sammsimm(m): 9:50am On Mar 18, 2023
LagosEmir:

Lies

Lagos has owners . Go and make your state your heritage and leave Lagos alone for the owners to enjoy there state

Let's deal with those flatigo first b4 we take the next step
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 9:51am On Mar 18, 2023
Iamgrey5:

They are not saying they are more Yoruba than any Yoruba from another SW state.

The writter stated clearly that Lagos is not the state to use to form Pan Yoruba. Nothing like Pan yoruba, its either you are from lagos(indigene) or you are a migrant (both Yorubas from SW and non Yorubas). Everybody is a migrant unless you are an I digene of lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

No problem.

I just wonder what they mean by "real" Lagosians, when Omo ibos try to elevate settlers from Freetown over Freeborns/aborigines.

Igbos are the ones doing that.

We have lived with our Saro brothers for decades in Lagos and Ogun state and we have never had any problems with them.

They are Yorubas and considered indigenous to the state the Europeans drop them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2023
sammsimm:

Let's deal with those flatigo first b4 we take the next step
Lagos indigenes like Bankole say otherwise. He stated it in clear terms that "Igbos" are not their problem but the yorubas from hinter land. Read his last statement.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
They are nothing they are Yoruba more than any Yoruba from another SW state.

The writter stated clearly that Lagos is not the state to use to form Pan Yoruba. Nothing like Pan yoruba, its either you are from lagos(indigene) or you are a migrant (both Yorubas from SW and non Yorubas). Everybody is a migrant unless you are an I digene of lagos.
I don't think the writer of this article is a Saro.

Although he still got a lot of things wrong.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 9:58am On Mar 18, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I don't think the writer of this article is a Saro.

Although he still got a lot of things wrong.
What is Saro and what did he get wrong?
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Isobug: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2023
Olabukola11:
Lagos is a Yoruba heritage and as such owned by every Yoruba irrespective of your state. As far as you are from SW.
Yoruba heritage ke....Does your Certificate of indigenization reads 2 states? Ekiti and Lagos?
Oga leave Lagos for Lagosians, it's their heritage. Claim Oye- ekiti, that's your heritage

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Iamgrey5(m): 10:02am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
Saro are the decedents of returning slaves..

He grouped Ijebus and some Yoruba groups as not part of indigenous people of Lagos.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by Dentidon: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2023
Another dumb write up by an Ipob lunatic! Go and face your useless region! SW region is a Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by raskymonojendor: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2023
Some lessons on this thread to unconfuse some posters before I go out to vote.

There was no Lagos state in 1960. What we had was Lagos Federal Capital (former Lagos Colony).

Lagos' Capital of 1960 was Isale Eko, Victoria Island, Ikoyi and part of Apapa.

Prior to forming Lagos state, Ketu, Ojota, Somolu, Bariga, Yaba, Isolo, Ikeja, Alimosho, Ipaja, Ikorodu, Epe, Lekki, Ajah, Badagary, Mushin, Agege were all in Yoruba towns under the management of the western region government of Awolowo.

Lagos State after creation was made up of 5 districts of Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos (Isale Eko) and Epe. Only one was Lagos Colony of 1914 to 1960. And that is Lagos Island. The remaining 4 districts were in Western Region.

Obafemi Awolowo created industrial estates in Ikeja, Isolo, Iganmu, Ilupeju and co when those places were in the western region.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by sammsimm(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
Lagos indigenes like Bankole say otherwise. He stated it in clear terms that "Igbos" are not their problem but the yorubas from hinter land. Read his last statement.

As far as I'm concerned, igbos are our problem in Lagos and we will send them to where they belong

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by raskymonojendor: 10:12am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
In addition to the Saros, there are also some other settlers (Aguda) from Brazil and Cuba on Lagos Island. They have names like Fernandez, D'almeida, Cardoso, Salvador, Carrena (Sanwo Olu's wife) e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by compton11(m): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
Google this name Ngozi Anyaehie
and what happened to her?
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2023
sammsimm:

As far as I'm concerned, igbos are our problem in Lagos and we will send them to where they belong
Bankoe that matters thinks otherwise.
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 10:17am On Mar 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

In addition to the Saros, there are also some other settlers (Aguda) from Brazil and Cuba on Lagos Island. They have names like Fernandez, D'almeida, Cardoso, Salvador, Carrena (Sanwo Olu's wife) e.t.c
So Sanwo-Olu married a slave according to some of you that claimed GRV is a slave returnee. πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by a4cube: 10:20am On Mar 18, 2023
compton11:
and what happened to her?
You ignorantly claimed that Igbos from another state are not allowed to contest election in another Igbo state. Hence I asked you to goggle the name to know his state and the state he occupied an elected political position.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by compton11(m): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:
You ignorantly claimed that Igbos from another state are not allowed to contest election in another Igbo state. Hence I asked you to goggle the name to know his state and the state he occupied an elected political position.
who is he/she,I want to know more cos I googled the name and I didn't see the particular person
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by sammsimm(m): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:

Who is bankole? Everyone knows Tinubu
Re: Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas by sammsimm(m): 10:50am On Mar 18, 2023
a4cube:

Who is bankole? Everyone knows Tinubu… the bankole i know is a bricklayer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Installed As Traditional Ruler, Promises Development / Understanding Constitutional Zoning, Power Rotation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.